PDA

View Full Version : beimel

lionsfanphil
03-01-2009, 10:50 AM
I think thats how you spell his name. Anyways I read an article that said he is going to lower his asking price because he wants to be signed. I remember hearing alot of you saying good things about him. I wouldn't mind it we can always use some good middle relief and if i am not mistaken he is a lefty.

JackB
03-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Not many options left for us. Cruz is now a memeber of the Royals.

mark1125
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Beimel would be a solid pickup if the price is right. That would almost assure that Kyle Bloom is sent back to Oakland. I can't imagine the Tigers would want 4 LHRP in the pen (Seay, Biemel, Bloom, Nate).

Bondomania
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Pass.. Biemel had a good year last year.. but we have enough options for lefty mid-relief. Bloom, Rapada, Seay, Nate.. We don't need to spend more money for a mid-relief guy. Those are usually guys you develop on your own and you don't pay a ton for.

mark1125
03-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Pass.. Biemel had a good year last year.. but we have enough options for lefty mid-relief. Bloom, Rapada, Seay, Nate.. We don't need to spend more money for a mid-relief guy. Those are usually guys you develop on your own and you don't pay a ton for.

I would like to give this Bloom kid a long look. It would be nice to get a decent player under 30 for 50K. As for the others, I am not big on Seay. Nate needs to disappear. Rapada may develop into a situational type. If Beimel came very cheap, great. We don't need to outbid anyone though.

Sheffies Chef
03-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Bloom seems decent so far. lol.

Bondomania
03-01-2009, 11:15 PM
i think if anything we should wait things out and see if we need to sign Biemel at the end of the ST if any of the lefties falters

drewstantontime
03-02-2009, 01:13 AM
i think if anything we should wait things out and see if we need to sign Biemel at the end of the ST if any of the lefties falters

agreed, and not to bring up a righty out of the pen but Perry looked pretty good today

Epic89
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Take Beimel in a heartbeat. We sorely need a guy who can get lefties out (and no, Bobby Seay is not the guy)

Bondomania
03-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Perry was sick today. A couple of jitters.. but otherwise a good first outting. I think he might not be ready though.. he admitted being a little jacked for the game adrenaline wise which led him to overthrow.. that will probably go away with time.. but maybe he might not be ready to pitch in front of 40,000