PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Trade Deadline Round 1 Lakers-Wolves

fins08
03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Lakers have homecourt advantage

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ROSTERS! THESE ARE NOT REAL TEAMS, SO PLEASE VOTE ON WHO WOULD WIN IN A 7 GAME SERIES!

Lakers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8280956&postcount=32)
T'Wolves (http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8252702&postcount=7)

Thanks, and good luck. Poll closes at 8:00 PM EST

Lakers

PG: Tony Parker / Jordan Farmar
SG: Kobe Bryant / Sasha Vujacic / Sun Yue
SF: Corey Maggette / Bonzi Wells
PF: Lamar Odom / Josh Powell / Chris Mihm
C: Pau Gasol / Matt Bonner / D.J. Mbenga

Wolves

Steve Blake/Brevin Knight/Kevin Ollie
Vince Carter/Marquis Daniels/Dee Brown
Rashard Lewis/Steve Novak/Renaldo Balkmen
Al Jefferson/Anderson Varajou/Sheldon Williams
Ben Wallace/Rasho Nesterovic/Dan Gadzuric

fins08
03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Lakers

phlp_bj
03-01-2009, 10:28 AM
lakers. the addition of maggette and parker really helped them. even though the wolves have a great team, the combo of parker and kobe is too good

Kakaroach
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Lakers. Wicked back-court but the Wolves are good too. Wallace and Blake just kinda messed them up...

unwantedplayer
03-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Lakers.

zo#33
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Lakers in 4

Ragun
03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
lakers in 3 if possible.

Catfish1314
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Wouldn't it be better if you posted the rosters here instead of the links? That's just the way it's usually done.

Tony Parker is the difference maker in this series. He will absolutely torch Steve Blake and Pau Gasol won't have much trouble with Ben Wallace either. Al Jefferson will dominate, but the Lakers have a significant advantage in the firepower department.

Lakers in 4.

nygiants242
03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Lakers for sure.. TWolves, why the hell did you do that first trade?? Foye and Mccants for JR Smith and ****?

bidi_nash
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
lakers by a lot

Giannis94
03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
lakers in 4

jtrinaldi
03-01-2009, 01:05 PM
lakers in 3 if possible and because the T Wolves owner is annoying as hell by offering terrible trades

Nets fan 93
03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
I mean I admire the T-Wolves for being active throughout the mock...but they screwed up the Wolves....
I think they gave up a bit to much for VC(good trade for my team though:D)
Rashard plays no D
Getting rid of Love was also a big mistake

Plus:
Parker rapes Blake
Kobe>VC
Maggette and Shard are a wash
Al Rapes Odom
Gasol>Wallace

Lakers did a pretty good job

RocketsRule
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Lakers in 4. Just too much firepower.

DocUSN
03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Lakers, not as good as they look on paper but thwey take the Wolves in Four or Five

Ragun
03-01-2009, 01:41 PM
lakers by a lot

...we didnt ask for the score.

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I mean I admire the T-Wolves for being active throughout the mock...but they screwed up the Wolves....
Rashard plays no D

Plus:
Parker rapes Blake
Kobe>VC
Al Rapes Odom
Gasol>Wallace

There is no way that Maggette and Shard is wash. Rashard is an all-star, while Maggette has had an incredibly dissapointing year

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I wonder who that one person is who voted for me

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Lakers. Wicked back-court but the Wolves are good too. Wallace and Blake just kinda messed them up...

Blake is a perfect fit for my offense considering his great passing ability. Also Big Ben splits time with Rasho because they play to eachothers weaknesses while at the same time both have good defense.

dre1990
03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Lakers in 5

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Rashard plays no D

Plus:
Parker rapes Blake
Kobe>VC
Al Rapes Odom
Gasol>Wallace

Also, I didn't screw up the Wolves. I made them into a top 10 caliber team. How is that screwing them up?

carter15
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
wolves put together a nice team...but lakers got a lot better.

carter15
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Also, I didn't screw up the Wolves. I made them into a top 10 caliber team. How is that screwing them up?

i agree...u made them better then they were...just that LA got better then they were and they were the best team to start with.

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
True

cubbybear2290
03-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I say lakers in 6 simply put, WAY too much fire power to contain, and truth be told, I feel that VC is more of name now more than anything. He is still good, just not Vinscanity anymore

Sportfan
03-01-2009, 03:16 PM
]Wouldn't it be better if you posted the rosters here instead of the links? That's just the way it's usually done. [/B]
Tony Parker is the difference maker in this series. He will absolutely torch Steve Blake and Pau Gasol won't have much trouble with Ben Wallace either. Al Jefferson will dominate, but the Lakers have a significant advantage in the firepower department.

Lakers in 4.

yea i agree people might actually read them.

anyway i have a tough time picking lakers since lr was only their for one day and VC did a great job with his team but it's lakers

Sportfan
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Rashard plays no D

Plus:
Parker rapes Blake
Kobe>VC
Al Rapes Odom
Gasol>Wallace

maggete and lewis is not a wash

hotpotato1092
03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
lakers in 3 if possible and because the T Wolves owner is annoying as hell by offering terrible trades

You're just jealous because you're an awful GM who demands way too much so he never gets deals done. VC did an excellent job with this team but he got screwed by the matchup, looks like the Lakers are storming through the first round and likely through the entire western conference.

lakersrock
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
You actually did a really good job considering you held on to Al, but the Lakers were already killing the West in real life and I made them a lot better by adding two VERY good starters for basically a guy who isn't even playing. You really did do a good job though.

hotpotato1092
03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
You actually did a really good job considering you held on to Al, but the Lakers were already killing the West in real life and I made them a lot better by adding two VERY good starters for basically a guy who isn't even playing. You really did do a good job though.

Since when was Correy Maggette VERY good

KB24PG16
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
lakers in a sweep

Nets fan 93
03-01-2009, 06:42 PM
There is no way that Maggette and Shard is wash. Rashard is an all-star, while Maggette has had an incredibly dissapointing year
Shard is an overrated allstar...he is only an allstar coz of howard...an you know that

Catfish1314
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Not that I have anything to do with this debate, but Lewis was an All-Star in Seattle. Just saying.

Nets fan 93
03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
hmm...you went from
Foye to Blake
Love to Wallace

You got huge contracts in Shard and VC

what exactly did you do that was so good? Lottery would be better than losing in the 1st round with a bunch of old players

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 06:53 PM
hmm...you went from
Foye to Blake
Love to Wallace

You got huge contracts in Shard and VC

what exactly did you do that was so good? Lottery would be better than losing in the 1st round with a bunch of old players

I dont care about contracts. My bench improved, foye to blake is not that much of a change. Considering this has been foyes only good year. I made the Wolves a playoff team instead of being a lottery team in an extremely weak draft. Shard was an all star in seattle, Vince is still a great all around player. Thats how I improved the team.

Also, this laker team is not just "a team of a bunch of old players". They're probably the best team in the mock and YOU know that. :pity:

But then again, you expected your team to make the playoffs so I'm not surprised you think that

Nets fan 93
03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I dont care about contracts. My bench improved, foye to blake is not that much of a change. Considering this has been foyes only good year. I made the Wolves a playoff team instead of being a lottery team in an extremely weak draft. Shard was an all star in seattle, Vince is still a great all around player. Thats how I improved the team.

Also, this laker team is not just "a team of a bunch of old players". They're probably the best team in the mock and YOU know that. :pity:

But then again, you expected your team to make the playoffs so I'm not surprised you think that

okay,

AGAIN you got blown out in the playoffs VC, Lewis, Blake and Wallace/Rasho arent going to get any better....BTW VC's activity has been down, he has been really dissapointing last mock
top 10 on paper.... and i never said Shard sucked.....IMO he shouldnt have been an allstar

Yeah a team where a SG can go for 30+on any given night and A SF that could double double any night..... Devin is a superstar and Lopez was an almost allstar

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
okay,

AGAIN you got blown out in the playoffs VC, Lewis, Blake and Wallace/Rasho arent going to get any better....BTW VC's activity has been down, he has been really dissapointing last mock
top 10 on paper.... and i never said Shard sucked.....IMO he shouldnt have been an allstar

Yeah a team where a SG can go for 30+on any given night and A SF that could double double any night..... Devin is a superstar and Lopez was an almost allstar

Yeah, JR will go for 30 one night, then 4 the next three lol

Nets fan 93
03-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, JR will go for 30 one night, then 4 the next three lol

I love how you only answered that.... Nice job:rolleyes:

and yeah he can do that...Lawrence wont bench him like Karl...Look what happened for Devin when he played for Frank.... Plus right now Devin is carrying the Nets by himself anyways with VC only scoring 10 a game the last couple games

djeller1139
03-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Lakers. Their bench is a lot deeper than the Wolves, and their team is better overall.

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Lakers. Their bench is a lot deeper than the Wolves, and their team is better overall.

Not really.

Knight<Farmaer
Daniels>Sasha P
Novak=Wells(Wells has not played one game this season cause he's a FA) There is a reason no one will pick him up too. He's no good)
Varajao>Powell
Rasho>Bonner

So basically, In my opinion, they have one bench match up on me.

hotpotato1092
03-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow looking at the Lakers bench, it really isn't that good, the top eastern teams all have WAY better benches

fins08
03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
lakers win, closed

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
annnnd thats a wrap. Oh well, build off my experiences :)

Sportfan
03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
wow im surprised that it was so one-sided the wolves are a good team(might not be better but deserved some more votes)

lakersrock
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow looking at the Lakers bench, it really isn't that good, the top eastern teams all have WAY better benches

Are you kidding? Farmar and Sasha could start on some teams and were key parts of the Lakers' playoff run last year. Also, Powell has been playing great recently when Phil's given him minutes and Bonner starts for the Spurs and is a Top 3 3P Shooter this year. That is a GREAT guy off the bench. Playoffs are usually only an 8 man rotation and my Top 8 are just fine.

Parker/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Corey/Kobe
Odom/Bonner
Gasol/Bonner

The bench is just fine.