PDA

View Full Version : another tyler hansbrough thread

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2009, 09:11 AM
i posted a thread last week saying i didnt think he was all that good and should be no better then a second round pick. some of you agreed with me and some kept saying he would go in the lottery or the middle round of the 1st round. well those people are wrong because when espn.... who hypes up the acc more then anything says you arnt worthy then thats pretty bad.

"For the first time since his freshman season, Hansbrough is no longer in our top 30. He hasn't been able to bounce back from an early injury and his rebounding numbers are the worst of his college career. Said one NBA executive, "What can I do with an undersized power forward who isn't athletic and doesn't rebound?"

That feeling is shared by many NBA executives who feel Hansbrough will have, at best, a Mark Madsen-type impact in the league. It's still not out of the question that he goes late in the first round, but all of the talk about him being a late-lottery to mid-first-round pick is over."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FordDraftWatch-090227

Hawkeye15
03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Hansborough will be that 7-8th guy, who gives you energy. He doesn't translate into the NBA.

Hustla23
03-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Not worth a first rounder.

I love his intensity though.

Would be a steal as a second rounder because you know exactly what he brings.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Not worth a first rounder.

I love his intensity though.

Would be a steal as a second rounder because you know exactly what he brings.

plus you wouldn't want him in the first, he would be guaranteed a contract then. He is going to bring floor burns, and bug eyed defense. And a ton of fouls.

what54!?
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I say he'll be a low first round pick.

LAcowBOMBER
03-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I like how people use ESPN as a source, but then will later complain that they do not know what they are talking about.

What's the difference between a mid-first round pick that is not a lottery pick and a late first round pick, anyway?

He could go in the first round and I wouldn't be surprised or he could go in the second round and I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think anyone really thinks that he will dominate in the NBA, or even start for that matter, but he should provide energy off of the bench and he can finish when open.

Hustla23
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
plus you wouldn't want him in the first, he would be guaranteed a contract then. He is going to bring floor burns, and bug eyed defense. And a ton of fouls.

He's got a decent post game as well.

Hawkeye15
03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
He's got a decent post game as well.

for college, but he will get shut down in the NBA. typical college stud who just doesn't translate into the NBA

cubulls
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
MJ and Larry Brown are the only people stupid enough to make him a first round pick.

superkegger
03-01-2009, 02:57 PM
So two days ago this guys posts ESPN keeps proving they are a bigger joke everyday (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334081), but then when they post an article about something he finds useful and backs his argument, he feels the need to share it with us.

theuuord
03-01-2009, 03:03 PM
So two days ago this guys posts ESPN keeps proving they are a bigger joke everyday (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334081), but then when they post an article about something he finds useful and backs his argument, he feels the need to share it with us.

We live in our biases. Take that LeBron clutch thread, for instance. If someone likes LeBron, the stat is PROOF! and shall be taken as such. If someone likes Kobe, the stat is FLAWED! and here's why.

Hustla23
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
MJ and Larry Brown are the only people stupid enough to make him a first round pick.

lmao :laugh:

I love MJ, I really do, but that dude is retarted.

And Larry Brown is just plain overrated and dumb.

jlown78
03-01-2009, 03:10 PM
He plays with a lot of heart but at 6'9 he isnt going to be able to contend with guys who are 7 foot

Sportfan
03-01-2009, 03:12 PM
low end first rounder. in the 23-30 range

Kyben36
03-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Some stupid team will think he is pretty good. probably around the 20th pick. He isnt worth it but with his stats, somebody will think this guy could be a steal

More shats!
03-01-2009, 04:21 PM
This guy is not going to be anything more than a role player that plays 12-14 minutes and brings energy.I would not use a 1st round pick to get him but with a mid to late second round i give him a chance.He is going to get kill by the bigger,stronger and more talented NBA big man.

Missing56&33
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
i think hes a top 10 pick

abe_froman
03-01-2009, 05:14 PM
he'll be late 1st round "throw away" pick 20-30 range

Missing56&33
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Dont :sleep: on TH like the NBA :sleep on Carlos Boozer. :no: Im still surprised the league let CB drop so far and upset the knicks didn't pick him first overall in 02', was hoping the cavs picked somebody else so we could get him in the second round that year

Missing56&33
03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
i posted a thread last week saying i didnt think he was all that good and should be no better then a second round pick. some of you agreed with me and some kept saying he would go in the lottery or the middle round of the 1st round. well those people are wrong because when espn.... who hypes up the acc more then anything says you arnt worthy then thats pretty bad.

"For the first time since his freshman season, Hansbrough is no longer in our top 30. He hasn't been able to bounce back from an early injury and his rebounding numbers are the worst of his college career. Said one NBA executive, "What can I do with an undersized power forward who isn't athletic and doesn't rebound?"

That feeling is shared by many NBA executives who feel Hansbrough will have, at best, a Mark Madsen-type impact in the league. It's still not out of the question that he goes late in the first round, but all of the talk about him being a late-lottery to mid-first-round pick is over."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FordDraftWatch-090227

thats ridiculous this kid can shoot, MM couldn't even make a FT. He might be slow now but how many guys come into the league slow then in a couple of years they are faster than ever with NBA three point range. perfect example Troy Murphy....that dude was like molasses, now he fairly quick and can shoot, same with Ron Artest. I like TH, he has a great work ethic

cambovenzi
03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
i can see him bouncing back a little more from this injury, and getting into the late 1st round.

shanefitzgerald
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
ya he will be a first round pick but he shouldn't be

cambovenzi
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM
ya he will be a first round pick but he shouldn't be

yeah even if people dont think he should be, i dont doubt that a team will reach for him.

chicagowhitesox
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
he's not worth a first rounder at all, but someone will probably take him before round 2.

nady4president
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
If he does go in the 2nd round more NBA teams are more stupid than I thought...

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2009, 08:44 PM

and that article was talking about someone dying and not getting the respect they should have. espn usually says some idiot thing such as kansas city is going to win the al central, but its rare when they say someone is bad especially someone in their beloved acc. all i was saying is when the person they hyped up the most the last three years falls of their radar then you know you have problems. that last artocle was talking about someones death. in this article all espn said was that he dropped of their boards, the rest of the article was talking about how the scouts didnt seem him as a worthy pick at all. people love to argue in this, but some people just feel dumb because they are were saying about how hanbrough is going to be so good and blah blah and didnt believe what i was tryna say in the last thread well even crappy espn is saying it and nba scouts, so believe it.

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Dont :sleep: on TH like the NBA :sleep on Carlos Boozer. :no: Im still surprised the league let CB drop so far and upset the knicks didn't pick him first overall in 02', was hoping the cavs picked somebody else so we could get him in the second round that year

but boozer is athletic and a grinder and is built more then hansbrough is right now and im talking about when he got drafted. thats why he translated, but i agree alot of teams passes him up but trust me dont compare boozer to hansbrough, no comparison there at all

AirJordanXVIII
03-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I say early 2nd round. Somewhere like where Chalmers was drafted.

dre1990
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Late 1st round