PDA

View Full Version : John Salmons, Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon

JayW_1023
03-01-2009, 07:46 AM
The Bulls now seem to have three talented guards they can play alongside Derrick Rose...who do you people think will be most expendable of these three?

Hinrich can also play PG so he is very useful. Salmons can flat out score and also has more size at the SG spot than Ben Gordon.

As clutch as Gordon can be...he is still inconsistent and an absolute awful defender.

I don't think the Bulls will miss much of a beat if Gordon leaves.

WindyCitySox
03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Gordon go. I'd actually prefer it.

BlondeBomber41
03-01-2009, 08:20 AM
^^^ McGriddles are nasty.

BlondeBomber41
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Oh and as far as this thread goes, I think its both Kirk and Gordon.

Kirk is no SG, and you simply cant have a backup PG making like $11 million a year. Especially when he is still valuable enough to be traded for something useful to a team looking for a PG like Portland or the Kings.

Gordon on the other hand is like a bad version of Allen Iverson, and Im not even a fan of the real Iverson. Only thing Gordon has on him is he is a better perimeter shooter. As a 5-6 million a year Sixth man he would be great but Gordon wants 10+ million a year, so there is no way you can justify that.

JordansBulls
03-01-2009, 10:14 AM
The Bulls now seem to have three talented guards they can play alongside Derrick Rose...who do you people think will be most expendable of these three?

Hinrich can also play PG so he is very useful. Salmons can flat out score and also has more size at the SG spot than Ben Gordon.

As clutch as Gordon can be...he is still inconsistent and an absolute awful defender.

I don't think the Bulls will miss much of a beat if Gordon leaves.

To me we can have Salmons as our SG for the next 4-6 years. The guy can easily get from 16-20 ppg a game for us. We just need a big man like Bosh and we are contenders.

IndyRealist
03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Gordon is the most expendable because he's playing on a qualifying offer anyway. I seriously think the Bulls have no intention of resigning him after the botched contract negotiations last year. Sadly, the teams most likely to overpay for an undersized SG who can't play defense already drafted one, Portland (Bayless), Clippers (Gordon) and Memphis (Mayo).

I don't think he's willing to take the MLE to sign with a contender, he's still young and thinks he can be the cornerstone of a franchise (not the franchise player, mind you. I don't think he's THAT delusional, he just wants to get paid).

Indiana could always use another 3pt shooter if they could get him for a sign-and-trade (too many overpaid wings already), and Philly could use a legitimate one if he could play point. I'd be afraid of what would happen to the Spurs and Rockets perimeter D, they already have really short PG's. I'll be surprised wherever he signs next year, I don't think anyone can really use him.

Kakaroach
03-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Ya its Gordon. Then again Hinrich is making a lot for a back-up PG and their are a lot of teams that could use him. Minny and Portland, maybe even the Mavs if they don't re-sign Kidd. Let Gordon walk this summer and have more cap room to sign someone else. Maybe Bosh?

Sox Appeal
03-01-2009, 11:21 AM
To me we can have Salmons as our SG for the next 4-6 years. The guy can easily get from 16-20 ppg a game for us. We just need a big man like Bosh and we are contenders.

I see Salmons being more of a SF for the Bulls, especially if they plan on running an up-tempo system. In a perfect world, I think the Bulls would be best off trying to trade Deng away for an expiring contract (or potentially for a low-post scorer, Chris Kaman perhaps?) and then use the freed up money to resign Ben Gordon. Even though a Rose/Gordon back-court would be undersized, you need somebody like Ben Gordon playing with Rose, because of his (Rose) lack of ability to score on the perimeter.

A lineup of: Rose,Gordon,Salmons,Bosh,Noah would be lethal.

Big E
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Hinrich go.
I like Gordon and want to keep him as long as we don't overpay him.
and I also like the idea of shopping Deng cause he has peaked IMO

Sox Appeal
03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Hinrich go.
I like Gordon and want to keep him as long as we don't overpay him.
and I also like the idea of shopping Deng cause he has peaked IMO

I still believe Deng could end up being a valuable playing for somebody, if he's used correctly. When Luol is running around screens, and slashing to the basket, he's going to be successful. When he's forced to create for himself (like he is right now) he's going to struggle.

MilfHunter07
03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
gordon. he does nothing but score

scandaless2
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Let BG walk all he does is look to shoot first pass later..:mad:

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Hinrich and Gordon. Hinrich is being wasted as a back up and could be a very good trading piece for the bulls.

dre1990
03-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Kirk gets traded. BG leaves

NYstateofMinD
03-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I like Hinrich and Salmons on the Bulls. Hinrich can play the 1 off the bench, or the 2 as a starter. Salmons can play the 2 or the 3. I say trade Deng, and let Gordon walk.

greatest2
03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Gordon. the guy is 100% selfish and hurts us more than helps. If he would open his eyes and realize he is a 6th man worth no more than 7-8 mil, he would be perfect. But he wont, and he will continue to shoot the ball no matter whos in his face. let him walk.