PDA

View Full Version : Is Chauncey Billups a hall of famer?

heatking
03-01-2009, 01:56 AM
since my ben wallace argument failed so misserably lol what about billups. same case as wallace. he lead an elite team for such a long time, one of the greatest final performances ever, and is still at the top of his game.

JJ81
03-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Chauncy has a better chance of become a Hall of Famer than Chauncie.

JermanJaysFan
03-01-2009, 02:01 AM

And Chauncey stands an even greater chance than both of them combined.

superkegger
03-01-2009, 02:02 AM

I don't know who Chauncy or Chauncie are, but I think Chauncey Billups has a realistic shot at the hall, but I don't think he'll make it.

VCaintdead17
03-01-2009, 02:05 AM
I think if he gets a ring with the Nuggets, then there is a good chance he will

Kyben36
03-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Wow, Its sad that not only did the poster mispell it, but then the guy correcting him misspelled it as well and needed to be corrected. Pathetic. As for your answer, I dont think so. Billups is a good player but now one you stick in the hall of fame. very few make it to the hall. I just dont see much special in his game to warrant his HOF introducion. He is just very good in all aspects of the game. He isnt Great, but he knows how to do everything and tries to do it well. I think he is good, but also, someone that ugly cant make it into the hall unless you put a bag over his head. Has anyone ever seen his buck *** teeth

Devils05
03-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Wow, Its sad that not only did the poster mispell it, but then the guy correcting him misspelled it as well and needed to be corrected. Pathetic.Looks like he wasn't the only one who had spelling problems.

_Sn1P3r_
03-01-2009, 02:11 AM
Lmao, this thread is great. :laugh:

But I think he has a pretty good chance right now. We'll see how he does with Denver though.

aman_13
03-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Looks like he wasn't the only one who had spelling problems.

Nice. :clap:

still1ballin
03-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Eh, he has a shot, but its a long one.

heatking
03-01-2009, 02:15 AM

lmao we both mispelled it.

superkegger
03-01-2009, 02:27 AM
The more I look at it, the less of a chance I think he has. Now, if he continues to play at a high level like he is right now for 4 or 5 more years, then I think he has a chance, but I would have a hard time believing he'll keep up this level of play for that long.

JJ81
03-01-2009, 02:40 AM
And Chauncey stands an even greater chance than both of them combined.

lmao we both mispelled it.

I just owned myself... lmao

But seriously, I dont think Chauncey has a chancy to get into the Hall of Fame-y.

JJ81
03-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Wow, Its sad that not only did the poster mispell it, but then the guy correcting him misspelled it as well and needed to be corrected. Pathetic.

Wow, three posters in a row? This has to be a record.

By the way, you're the most because you were serious about it.

thesparky33
03-01-2009, 02:48 AM
I think if Steve Nash is a hall of famer, then Chauncey deserves it too. Both were really late bloomers... kind of like the Kurt Warners of the NBA in a way...

dre1990
03-01-2009, 03:10 AM
He should make it IMO

superkegger
03-01-2009, 03:14 AM
I think if Steve Nash is a hall of famer, then Chauncey deserves it too. Both were really late bloomers... kind of like the Kurt Warners of the NBA in a way...

I understand that sentiment, but here's what I will say.

On this site (http://www.databasebasketball.com/leaders/leadershof.htm) they give a pretty good way to quantify what constitutes a hall of fame career. Now, it's not perfect, but it is a pretty good way to look at it. And if you do some digging around you'll see that because Chauncey was a 'late bloomer' so to speak, it is unlikely he'll get to the hall of fame, because his stats during his peak years were nothing off the charts spectacular, but good.

Take a look at the Aproximate value stat they have and you'll more fully understand what I mean.

The comparison to Nash makes sense on some level, but I think it's noteworthy that no NBA MVP that is HOF elgible is not in the HOF, so in that repsect, Steve Nash is pretty much a HOF lock.

Hustla23
03-01-2009, 03:13 PM
LOL at the *spelling war at the beginning of this thread. :laugh:

DerekRE_3
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM

On this site (http://www.databasebasketball.com/leaders/leadershof.htm) they give a pretty good way to quantify what constitutes a hall of fame career. Now, it's not perfect, but it is a pretty good way to look at it. And if you do some digging around you'll see that because Chauncey was a 'late bloomer' so to speak, it is unlikely he'll get to the hall of fame, because his stats during his peak years were nothing off the charts spectacular, but good.

Take a look at the Aproximate value stat they have and you'll more fully understand what I mean.

The comparison to Nash makes sense on some level, but I think it's noteworthy that no NBA MVP that is HOF elgible is not in the HOF, so in that repsect, Steve Nash is pretty much a HOF lock.

Sweet Chris Webber is a likely hall of famer on that site. If not for the knee injury, he'd be a sure hall of famer.

IndyRealist
03-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Chauncey isn't a first ballot HOF'er, maybe second.

superkegger
03-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Sweet Chris Webber is a likely hall of famer on that site. If not for the knee injury, he'd be a sure hall of famer.

Yeah, the site isn't perfect, but it is a good indicator.

KB24PG16
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
yeah he should be in the hall of fame only because he won a championship and got mvp of the series

soundjunkies2
03-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Not 1st ballot but he will make it eventually.

Kaptain Kanada
03-01-2009, 04:44 PM
LOL at this thread.... apparently PSD is illiterate today.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-01-2009, 04:44 PM
chauncey is definitely a hall of famer

THE MTL
03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Maybe eventually. but not 1st ballot. Honestly, b4 he got to the Nuggets I didnt think he was that good. But the way he turned that team around is incredible!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
He has a decent chance, definitely realistic chance.

JackB
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I will say NO . Is he among the elite that have ever played the game? He is a very good player but think about it. How long has it been? He bounced around before landing in Detroit. He never did much until the last five or six years. I don't believe just being an AS and winning a ring gets you to the hall. I hope we don't water down the basketball HOF like baseball is with players that are very good. Lets try to preserve it for what its intention was from the beginning. The ELITE.

Missing56&33
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I think he will be one day

Free Throw
03-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I'd say so.

pd7631
03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
no, he was pretty good for 6-7 years.....but he won't be a guy people tell their kids about when they talk about the great players in the NBA. I think the HOF is for the truly elite, not for guys like Chauncey Billups.....but for the last 6 years he's definitely been among the best PG's in the game

Trouble87
03-01-2009, 10:16 PM
if he can get another ring... he would be in

durtee
03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I would say no. He was a real late bloomer and considered a bust for a number of years before he turned it around. He is/has been a very good player, but not HOF worthy. I think he would have to play the way he is now for another 5+ years and I don't see that happening. To those making an argument that he turned around the Nuggets, you do realize that the Nuggets won 50 games last year and will probably win around 55/56 this year. If he wins a championship with the Nuggets, then that's another story.

Jacob K.
03-01-2009, 11:03 PM
i have to say no. hes a good solid point guard, above average for sure, but not hall of fame. hes simply not in the same class. now if he goes on and wins and mvp, id have to reconsider, but the same goes for anyone else in the nba.

scottie
03-01-2009, 11:21 PM
since my ben wallace argument failed so misserably lol what about billups. same case as wallace. he lead an elite team for such a long time, one of the greatest final performances ever, and is still at the top of his game.

Hell no Chauncey Buillips is no Hall of Famer! If u even have to ask that you have done either
1. Way to many drugs in your life
or 2. way to many drugs today

scottie
03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Wow, Its sad that not only did the poster mispell it, but then the guy correcting him misspelled it as well and needed to be corrected. Pathetic. As for your answer, I dont think so. Billups is a good player but now one you stick in the hall of fame. very few make it to the hall. I just dont see much special in his game to warrant his HOF introducion. He is just very good in all aspects of the game. He isnt Great, but he knows how to do everything and tries to do it well. I think he is good, but also, someone that ugly cant make it into the hall unless you put a bag over his head. Has anyone ever seen his buck *** teeth

Billups is a good player but now one you stick in the hall of fame. very few make it to the hall

Thanks Richard!

Stormblast
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Wait... you had a thread about whether or not Ben Wallace is a hall of famer? I hope that wasn't a serious one.

pippsux
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Long shot!

magichatnumber9
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Yup if I had a vote he would get it. Another dumb move by the celts not keeping this guy. They made many after Len passed

DitchDat
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
if he stayed in Detroit, no.
If he does some damage with Denver, mabye yes.

Chronz
03-02-2009, 05:52 PM

You should stop going to databasebasketball for your statistical input, in his prime his stats were amazing, in fact if you can find me another PG that accounted for so much of his teams possessions whilst putting up such an insane offensive Rating and creating so much for his teammates your point will be valid, until then I suggest looking up BBR. Their HOF indicators are more precise and the site maker is actually respected in the stats world. He was recently interview by SLAM and is a statistical consultant for an actual NBA team.

69centers
03-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I believe there was a thread on this subject a few months back, and most people said no, which is what I am going to say. I also recall reading an online article a few months ago that brought up some current names and asked if they were hall of famers. Chauncey's write-up was a no. Hall of Famers just have more good numbers and years than Chauncey, and are not as inconsistent from game to game. He was very good during their championship year, but didn't really do anything spectacular or deserving otherwise.

His only shot would be bringing Denver a title, which isn't going to happen.

albertc86
03-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Billups has had a great run, but he hasn't done it long enough, and the up and coming PG's of today will continue to overshadow him.

Chronz
03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I believe there was a thread on this subject a few months back, and most people said no, which is what I am going to say. I also recall reading an online article a few months ago that brought up some current names and asked if they were hall of famers. Chauncey's write-up was a no. Hall of Famers just have more good numbers and years than Chauncey, and are not as inconsistent from game to game. He was very good during their championship year, but didn't really do anything spectacular or deserving otherwise.

His only shot would be bringing Denver a title, which isn't going to happen.

Show me someone who put up Chaunceys numbers and isnt in the HOF

Steely McBeam
03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I think if he gets a ring with the Nuggets, then there is a good chance he will

no way to both

superkegger
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
You should stop going to databasebasketball for your statistical input, in his prime his stats were amazing, in fact if you can find me another PG that accounted for so much of his teams possessions whilst putting up such an insane offensive Rating and creating so much for his teammates your point will be valid, until then I suggest looking up BBR. Their HOF indicators are more precise and the site maker is actually respected in the stats world. He was recently interview by SLAM and is a statistical consultant for an actual NBA team.

are you refering to basketballreference.com ? because if you are, databasebasketball and basketballreference are the same thing...

Chronz
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
are you refering to basketballreference.com ? because if you are, databasebasketball and basketballreference are the same thing...
Nah man Im talking about Basketball-Reference.com

shanefitzgerald
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
no

ggg
03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Screw the stats man. Individual stats are very misleading. Chauncy does so many things the stats doesn't show. 2 of the most, leadership and defense.

Look how smith is playing right now. He gets but hot he doesn't go too reckless because on the corner of an isolation, chauncy is still calling plays for him.