PDA

View Full Version : NBA Bans Wades's Band-aid

SaimoNETS
02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txheatwadebandaid&prov=st&type=lgns

you think they were right in banning it?

Tragedy
02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Meh, whatever.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Not a big deal. But in keeping with the past policy, it was the right move by the NBA.

Lost Art
02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it was pretty gay anyway

dre1990
02-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I like it :shrug:

Spurred1
02-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Does it really matter one way or the other? He looked a bit foolish, but other than that...

Rellogg
02-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Good he looked like an idiot. He was the reason they banned the tights too, wasn't he?

MilfHunter07
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Good he looked like an idiot. He was the reason they banned the tights too, wasn't he?

your the idiot. he had stiches in his cheek. people in miami just got carried away with it

Becks2307
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
LOL honestly, the NBA is like that overbearing parent...no basketball till your are 19..then the tights then this. Not as bad as the NFL though

superkegger
02-28-2009, 09:44 PM

I believe this (http://www.need4sheed.com/images/andrewtights.jpg) is the reason why they banned tights.

prodigy
02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
thank god. the guy looked like a moron. wannabe nelly.

Deezy Dee 24
02-28-2009, 10:08 PM
it did look like pretty gay

KmB728
02-28-2009, 10:21 PM
no need to ban something as pointless as a band-aid

MilfHunter07
02-28-2009, 10:22 PM
thank god. the guy looked like a moron. wannabe nelly.

you are the moron. you do realize he wasnt wearing it as a style thing right?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-28-2009, 10:23 PM
no need to ban something as pointless as a band-aid

u got it.

the NBA has WAAAYYYYY bigger issues than Wade's band-aid. this annoys me so much

Free Throw
02-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Such a trivial thing to ban him from doing. :rolleyes:

prodigy
02-28-2009, 10:25 PM

There was no reason to dress it all up. He had his name and everything on it. That was point-less, we know who he is.

BarryIsInnocent
02-28-2009, 10:40 PM

Why did it have his name on it and have different versions of it. He looked like an Idiot. Good God. I couldnt stand watching the dunk contest and seeing him in the stands with that **** on. GOOD JOB NBA!!!!

WSU Tony
02-28-2009, 10:43 PM

A band aid covers stitches. When you put your name on it or color it like a flag, it gains a purpose OTHER than covering stitches. :p He looked like an idiot, I don't mind the banning.

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 10:47 PM
who cares about this man...

luckynumber_752
02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
It's good to hear that i'm not the only one who thought it was gay. It reminded me of Nelly, kinda. It would've been a different story if he was just using it to cover up the stitches and ****. But when he started decorating the bandage, it was about style, and it was a gay *** style if u ask me. I'm glad the NBA banned it. He would have probably worn it for the rest of his career to make it his trademark if they didn't ban it.

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Who cares it was just a band-aid. It made him look a little dumb but honestly...

braveniler58
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Man. I don't see anything wrong with having cool band aids as long as he actually needed it. But honestly, the ban was unnecessary -_- Once again, the NBA overreacts. Nothing new.

thephoenixson28
02-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I bet you guys if kobe,lebron, and other superstars were to wear it you guys wouldn't be saying anything. He just did it for marketing and for the nba to band it is stupid.

GspLAL
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM

If he was just wearing it as a bandaid then he would have on a normal bandaid, not something that says "wade" or "flash" or different designs.

Jay22Redd
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I believe this (http://www.need4sheed.com/images/andrewtights.jpg) is the reason why they banned tights.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LakeShowRaider
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
It was cool the first couple of times that he did it...but after a while it got kinda annoying. I mean cmon.

MilfHunter07
03-01-2009, 12:16 AM
If he was just wearing it as a bandaid then he would have on a normal bandaid, not something that says "wade" or "flash" or different designs.

he was wearing it as a bandaid and to market himself.

JJ81
03-01-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't really care. What's the point in banning it though? :confused:

JJ81
03-01-2009, 12:43 AM
He should get a tattoo of the band aid in the same place.

twplaya19
03-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Im pissed! I like the wade-aid! How did it have any affect on the game once so ever. Since its pretty unique david stern got scared and did'nt know how to react! So he band it! What an old fashion looser stern is! D wade is the best player in the game let him have his thing! He deserves it!

BTownTeamsRKing
03-01-2009, 01:03 AM
must have thought it was gang related

BlondeBomber41
03-01-2009, 01:05 AM

The article clearly says he wore it long after the wound was healed. Maybe you should read it before you go off calling other people morons.

cubulls
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
The NBA is doing him a favor. He looks like a dumbass with it. Hopefully, this will stop his younger fan base from copying him.

MagicBucsSox
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
this is what warren meant years ago when he compared sports to slavery, like the david stern make billions of dollars of these guys and you ban a band aid trend i guy does, they tried to band braids, you put in a dress code. imma just leave it at thay

superkegger
03-01-2009, 01:15 AM

You sure about that?

Check out this (http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2009/02/26/nba_20090226_halftime.nba/index.html) video and tell me its not a style thing...specifically the first minute or so.

Anyway, the NBA has always done this kind of thing. Uniforms are supposed to be uniform. Promoting team unity and the like, not promoting yourself or individuality. I've got no problem with the NBA putting a stop to things like this or the tights, etc...

albertc86
03-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Personally, I thought he was trying to bring back that Nelly trend...

goldglove212
03-01-2009, 01:21 AM
it was dumb looking and when you put your name and other decorations on it then it becomes really dumb looking i dont care if its banned or not but its still stupid looking

asmarks18
03-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Good cuz he looked like a ****ing ***. Injury or not. It really pissed me off when he was wearing it to allstar weekend and it said Wade on it. What a complete tool.

IDB Josh M
03-01-2009, 01:23 AM
He should get a tattoo of the band aid in the same place.

I was thinking the same thing. Which leads me to the idea, why doesn't some company just pay an all star to tattoo their product on their arm, or have them shave it on their head. Dwayne Wade looked ridiculous with those glasses, but whatever floats his boat. He looked ridiculous with those band aids, but whatever floats his boat.

What is this, a communist state or Nazi Germany? At least the NBA isnt banning players from making a fashion statement and wearing hats. Or maybe they should.

Zich Heil! NBA ... Zich Heil!

vigilantex69
03-01-2009, 01:27 AM
your the idiot. he had stiches in his cheek. people in miami just got carried away with it

Well that and he looked like a ******...hey lets put band-aids on when we don't have cuts. LMAOOOOOOOOO

chicagowhitesox
03-01-2009, 01:29 AM
thank you, nba. that would have been an awful fad.

superkegger
03-01-2009, 01:29 AM
How is the NBA asking players to conform to a dress code, especially on the court a bad thing? They're paying these guys million of dollars to play a game. Sure it's not the NBA directly paying these guys (though in some cases it is, especially with the credit they now lined up for teams), but they are directly responsible for their success. A lot of people wear uniforms when they go to work, and adhere to uniform standards. Not really a big deal.

Lindystud36
03-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Let him wear it, its like when the football guys where the blackout under their eyes with something written on it.

Same thing man, let him wear it, i bet if LBJ wore it firstthey would have said nothing

IDB Josh M
03-01-2009, 01:47 AM
How is the NBA asking players to conform to a dress code, especially on the court a bad thing? They're paying these guys million of dollars to play a game. Sure it's not the NBA directly paying these guys (though in some cases it is, especially with the credit they now lined up for teams), but they are directly responsible for their success. A lot of people wear uniforms when they go to work, and adhere to uniform standards. Not really a big deal.

Freedom of Expression. I'm well aware that the Constitution applies to State actions and not private actions, but I'm a purist, and such crackdown against individuality in favor of conformity disgusts me.

SJSHARKIES
03-01-2009, 01:52 AM

retart we know he was wearing it because of stiches but it still looks stupid. People don't like the name, how the hell can you put your name on a bandaid? At least he doesn't look like an idiot now.

KB24PG16
03-01-2009, 02:00 AM
david stern realized that wade looked like a *** and banned it i thinks thats why he banned the leg sleeves a while back

superkegger
03-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Freedom of Expression. I'm well aware that the Constitution applies to State actions and not private actions, but I'm a purist, and such crackdown against individuality in favor of conformity disgusts me.

Well if he has to sacrifice wearing a band aid in order to make 14 million bucks, I think he can suffer that smallest of conformities.

retart we know he was wearing it because of stiches but it still looks stupid. People don't like the name, how the hell can you put your name on a bandaid? At least he doesn't look like an idiot now.

good insult, but what is a retart? did you by chance mean ******?

BlondeBomber41
03-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Well if he has to sacrifice wearing a band aid in order to make 14 million bucks, I think he can suffer that smallest of conformities.

14 million a year, not even 14 million forever.

So yeah, Im sure he will just suck it up.

DaaBoTownSox
03-01-2009, 02:21 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txheatwadebandaid&prov=st&type=lgns

you think they were right in banning it?

I don't know if it was wrong to ban it, but it was definitely hideous to look at.

thesparky33
03-01-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm actually glad they banned it. I know the NBA has strict policies against using logos on articles of clothing other than the NBA and/or team logo, and him using his name, flag, etc on the band-aid was crossing the line.

Personally, I dont have a problem with it, although he did look like a tool. But I'm glad they were consistent in the rule.

superkegger
03-01-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm actually glad they banned it. I know the NBA has strict policies against using logos on articles of clothing other than the NBA and/or team logo, and him using his name, flag, etc on the band-aid was crossing the line.

Personally, I dont have a problem with it, although he did look like a tool. But I'm glad they were consistent in the rule.

And isn't that what we keep asking for from the NBA, consistency?

SJSHARKIES
03-01-2009, 04:54 AM

good insult, but what is a retart? did you by chance mean ******?

******, yes I got it. Thank you:clap:

GSW fan
03-01-2009, 05:15 AM
superkegger is owning people!:clap:

mjt20mik
03-01-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't know if it was wrong to ban it, but it was definitely hideous to look at.

I never thought the day would come that I would agree with a Celtics fan. :D:p

Umm, they didn't ban ban-aids and they didn't ban Wade from wearing them. They just told him, he can't wear it unless he has a cut.

That makes perfect sense to me. Plus he really looked like an idiot. C'mon who has ban-aids with there surname on it. So corny.