PDA

View Full Version : Espn = lebron and kobe

toyinsworld
02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Everytime i turn on espn and they are discussing basketball its lebron and kobe, lebron and kobe. Lebron can have 5 points in a game but they will manage to show him in at least one highlight. Lebron can have 5 points but they will show his name at the bottom of the screen when they show the score for the cavs game. As much as i love the debating on espn's first take, they discuss lebron at least once a week. They talk about who is better between kobe and lebron every single week. If you ever take a look at the nba commericails there is always a mention of lebron. They show cleveland every week on tv and they act like cleveland and the lakers are the only teams in the league. With that being said i believe lebron is the best player in the league but i just feel like espn and the nba as well is just overdoing it. It's like they trynna force feed him on the fans and its to the point now where it is annoying to me. He hasnt won anything, no nba mvp's, no nba championships, and the roy award that he won was handed to him at the beginning of that season. I just wanna know he sees the same stuff i see and who agrees with my views.:mad:

extreme k.closs
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
write a letter

Raidaz4Life
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Those are the two players everyone cares about

Hawkeye15
02-28-2009, 06:30 PM
well, look at PSD. A huge % of threads are about Kobe or LeBron, or at least they are brought up. Besides, they both have to compete with A Rod, and whether he had tomato soup or clam chowder for lunch

WSU Tony
02-28-2009, 06:30 PM
ESPN has turned the league into a star driven league, not the other way around. It used to be about team defense, passing, and assists. Now it's about blocks (single player), driving to the bucket (single player) and dunks.

abe_froman
02-28-2009, 06:37 PM
ESPN has turned the league into a star driven league, not the other way around. It used to be about team defense, passing, and assists. Now it's about blocks (single player), driving to the bucket (single player) and dunks.

espn was 79,so before then it wasnt about russell v. wilt,barry single handedly winning a championship,the sick dunks of dr.j,ect.,ect.??

so exactly when was this magical time you speak of?

chisoxfan620
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd say espn = red sox + yankees more so than lebron and kobe but they are definitely mentioned the most during basketball season.

extreme k.closs
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
would you want espn to do a 30 minute story about where slava medvendenko is

AsfanSince99
02-28-2009, 06:45 PM

that's such bullshitt. the Nba's always marketed their star players. I'd rather see the stars play. I tuned in last night to watch AI, then found out he was injured and changed the channel. So I want to see Kobe, shaq, bron, etc...

I don't want to see the Thunder and the Kings play, no thanks!

carter15
02-28-2009, 06:46 PM
2 best players in the nba on 2 of the best 3 teams in the nba..and the mvp is between them 2...they deserve it.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 06:46 PM
it's how it goes. Kobe and LeBron are what non core NBA fans want to know about. The causal basketball fan doesn't really care about, say, how the Nuggets defense has vastly improved, or just how Rafer Alston will impact the Magic. Those aren't sexy stories. LeBron and Kobe = ratings.

It's what ESPN does, get used to it. Also, it would be helpful to stop relying on ESPN for any kind of basketball analysis or coverage, cause they suck at it.

Nirvanaskurdt
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
maybe dont watch ESPN its only good for yankee and red sox fans:puke:

try nba tv theyre aight..:cool:

Lakers09
02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
ratings=money

KB24PG16
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
top 2 players what do u expect

Jaji
02-28-2009, 07:31 PM
NBA = LeBron and Kobe (and I guess maybe the Celtics)

But they are the premiere players. They're a big deal.

soundjunkies2
02-28-2009, 07:39 PM
They both play on great teams so of course their going to get talked about.

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 07:49 PM
there try to make the them rival lol

what54!?
02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Espn is trying to make lebron vs. kobe the new bird vs. magic.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Espn is trying to make lebron vs. kobe the new bird vs. magic.

Or the new LeBron vs. Kobe :D

I'll be honest, that's what I want to see in the Finals.

GunFactor187
02-28-2009, 07:53 PM
ESPN = MLB + NFL + NCAA + nba

TheCooLKid2020
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
i agree with you... It's getting outta hand... It's like they are trying too hard

chicagowhitesox
02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
i think it's 100% fine. i want to see the best players in the game.

JJ81
02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
People want to hear about the best players so ESPN are going to talk about the best players.

What? Do you want them to go on about players like DJ Mbenga instead?

GunFactor187
03-01-2009, 01:23 AM
People want to hear about the best players so ESPN are going to talk about the best players.

Don't hate on the guy just cuz he wants his dacos.

violetuniverse
03-01-2009, 01:38 AM
they barely show anything on the other teams.
thats how usa basketball was........lebron and kobe
i felt sorry for the others on the team............if one didnt know any better u would think that team was just he and kobe

D Roses Bulls
03-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Everytime i turn on espn and they are discussing basketball its lebron and kobe, lebron and kobe. Lebron can have 5 points in a game but they will manage to show him in at least one highlight. Lebron can have 5 points but they will show his name at the bottom of the screen when they show the score for the cavs game. As much as i love the debating on espn's first take, they discuss lebron at least once a week. They :clap:

:clap::clap:

Kenny
03-01-2009, 02:10 AM
hmmm... the 2 best players on the teams with the best record.. Why the **** do you think they discuss them.. This is so silly.

lakers4sho
03-01-2009, 02:23 AM
well, look at PSD. A huge % of threads are about Kobe or LeBron, or at least they are brought up. Besides, they both have to compete with A Rod, and whether he had tomato soup or clam chowder for lunch

You forgot about Rajon Rondo :laugh2:

lakers4sho
03-01-2009, 02:27 AM

To be truthful to you, I wouldn't care. Actually I would watch ESPN even more :nod:

Vinny642
03-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Those are the two players everyone cares about

Not me. I really would rather see the boxscore to a Hornets game I missed then if Lebron or kobe scores 100.

Big E
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I dont have a problem with the coverage because both players are earning the attention and ESPN is ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT THE GAME! Not like when they make up stories to talk about The Dallas Cowboys or the daily Manny Ramirez did nothing today story.

yankees_boi
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
there is no other players to talk about. other than lebron and kobe

Faneik
03-01-2009, 12:13 PM
there is no other players to talk about. other than lebron and kobe

please...:rolleyes:

skinsfan4life80
03-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes we do get a lot of Lebron and Kobe thrown at us but no more then we should. I dont know about anyone else but i dont even live in Miami but i sure do get enough D Wade in my life. Im not exactly hurting for Chris Paul news either. Up to last year every pass Nash made was on espn. Unless your a spurs fan or Tim Duncan i really cant feel your argument. Everyone besides the Spurs is over hyped so why shouldnt the games two best players be. And for me 2 Spurs a games a year is plenty