PDA

View Full Version : Would Marbury be looked at the same player ...if

phoenix_bladen
02-28-2009, 05:46 PM
If he was a winner?

if he won and his teams were always competitive for titles

would he still be looked at as a crazy person ?

let's assumed he did get coached fired or his teammates hated him but he was a winner everywhere he went?

my point is ..... would people look at him the same way if he had won games?

would the game just speak for himself?

thesparky33
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I'd compare him then to Isiah Thomas, ironically enough.

Thomas was a complete jerk of a player, as I've heard, and now is just as loony as Marbury.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Rose is a clone of him. I think Stephon could have been a top PG in the NBA for 8 years. His physical gifts are unreal. He was just batshit crazy

DrDEADalready
02-28-2009, 06:14 PM
He's good no matter what. No one can say he's not but as far as his reputation and personality. people will see and think what they want about him.

Hellcrooner
02-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I hope we dont find out soon.

aNYer
02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
if he was a winner he would be looked at as one of those troubled geniuses. I agree with hellcrooner though

madiaz3
02-28-2009, 08:03 PM
If he was a winner?

if he won and his teams were always competitive for titles

would he still be looked at as a crazy person ?

let's assumed he did get coached fired or his teammates hated him but he was a winner everywhere he went?

my point is ..... would people look at him the same way if he had won games?

would the game just speak for himself?

he probably wouldnt be crazy if he won

superkegger
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Winners are always looked on more reputably than losers. So yeah, if he were a winner, and routinely brought his team to success, he'd be viewed much differently.

jphxsuns
02-28-2009, 08:08 PM
do people know that before he went to the knicks where the treated him like crap, he had career averages of 20+ppg and 8+apg?

do people know that Stephon Marbury and Oscar Robertson are the only 2 players to do that?

hes now a fraction down from both of those averages.'

but really, he has MVP like talent. no doubt about it. if he made some better off the court decisions, hed be on the list of the best pg's in the league right behind paul, dwill, nash, parker

dre1990
02-28-2009, 08:19 PM
He's good no matter what. No one can say he's not but as far as his reputation and personality. people will see and think what they want about him.

yea, ould of been great

lakersfan211
02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
cant stand that peice of **** marbury.