PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jordan to Coach the Kings?

Faneik
02-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Source: Marc Stein of ESPN.com

"The growing word in NBA coaching circles -- some seven weeks before the end of the regular season and the start of serious spinning on the league's coaching carousel -- pinpoints Sacramento as a likely landing spot for Eddie Jordan."

Full Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090228-0301)

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh weird. I thought he was going to the 76ers or the T-Wolves. Not a horrible Kings team.

sacgiants1213
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all. Anyone, and i mean anyone is better than kenny Natt. He could be the worst coach i've ever seen. Carril coming back will hopefully lure Jordan into coming to Sac.

on a side note, we should have never fired theus...

Catfish1314
02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh weird. I thought he was going to the 76ers or the T-Wolves. Not a horrible Kings team.

We won't be as horrible with Blake Griffin.

I could only hope. Kevin Martin would average 25-27 a game in an Eddie Jordan offense.

extreme k.closs
02-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all. Anyone, and i mean anyone is better than kenny Natt. He could be the worst coach i've ever seen. Carril coming back will hopefully lure Jordan into coming to Sac.

on a side note, we should have never fired theus...

Natt, musselmen, st jean:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
We won't be as horrible with Blake Griffin.

I could only hope. Kevin Martin would average 25-27 a game in an Eddie Jordan offense. True that. Kevin Martin would be even more of a beast than he is now. And how are you so sure you will be drafting Blake Griffin...

Catfish1314
02-28-2009, 04:10 PM
True that. Kevin Martin would be even more of a beast than he is now. And how are you so sure you will be drafting Blake Griffin...

I'm not. But if we get the 1st pick, I can't see Geoff Petrie passing on a Martin-Griffin duo for the next 6 years.

KB24PG16
02-28-2009, 04:11 PM
r they going to try to get him now or at the end of the season

extreme k.closs
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
r they going to try to get him now or at the end of the season

sadly we'll have to wait till the end of the year

sacgiants1213
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM
end of the season, has an interim coach been fired mid year?

bal_ravens
02-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Not a big Eddie Jordan fan. Princeton style offense isnt my thing.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
The Knicks will defy all odds, with the help of Spike Lee's connections into the sports gambling ring will rig it all for the Knickerbockers to land the first pick. What they do with it, Like I know.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I could be wrong, but I feel like the style Eddie Jordan plays would fit well with what I guess would be the core Kings players in Martin, Garcia, Hawes and Thompson.

DerekRE_3
02-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I could be wrong, but I feel like the style Eddie Jordan plays would fit well with what I guess would be the core Kings players in Martin, Garcia, Hawes and Thompson.

Yeah he would. He'd have his scorer in Martin, shooter with Garcia, and Thompson can kind of do a little bit of everything.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah he would. He'd have his scorer in Martin, shooter with Garcia, and Thompson can kind of do a little bit of everything.

Sounds a little like, oh I don't know, Gilbert, Caron and Jamison...

Catfish1314
02-28-2009, 05:30 PM

He would, but he really doesn't preach defense the way our team needs it. That's my knock against him. We're by far the worst defensive team in the league right now and the Wizards were pretty poor with EJ at the helm.

DerekRE_3
02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Sounds a little like, oh I don't know, Gilbert, Caron and Jamison...

Well, Garcia would be a very very very poor man's version of Caron. And Thompson reminds me a little bit of Webber, though obviously not as talented. From a scoring standpoint, Martin is like Gil, but more efficient, except for this year. Martin's efficiency isn't what it once was. Mostly because teams can just key in on him and he's playing ligament damage in his ankle and he's not really close to 100%. He can barely dunk off his left foot right now.