PDA

View Full Version : Bosh says Shaq cheated to get 45 last night

jrob23
02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
PHOENIX (AP)—Toronto’s Chris Bosh had an explanation for how Shaquille O’Neal scored 45 points: He cheated.

“He was just camping down in the lane,” Bosh said Friday night, after O’Neal’s biggest scoring night in six years led Phoenix to a 133-113 victory over the Raptors. “I mean, if they’re not calling three seconds—I thought it was a rule, but I guess not.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgspR.fDi5ENhQwHzgbxrP4YPKB4?slug=ap-raptors-suns-rdp&prov=ap&type=lgns

J_B
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
lol, maybe.. but i think shaq just overpowered us

THiiRTYONE
02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Agreed. At the sametime this is the NBA, and stop being such a sissy about calls.

blujaysrock
02-28-2009, 02:31 PM
The refs rip us off every game what's new?

SuperDayv
02-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh man, is Shaq gonna diss him in a rap now?

magikmc
02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
i wish he would just except the fact that he got manhandled and say he needs to play better next game.... I have never heard Chris say "I have to play better".. it's always something else.

DaoudS
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I am waiting for Shaq to rip him a new one.

jrob23
02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
i wish he would just except the fact that he got manhandled and say he needs to play better next game.... I have never heard Chris say "I have to play better".. it's always something else.

basically

and another problem i have with this is.. if the refs aren't calling it, why not DO THE SAME THING ?

use it to your advantage don't just whine about it once the games over

radcli17
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
shaqs fat

VCaintdead17
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
shaqs fat

haha, good job contributing.

Anyways yeah, every player will over react and blame somebody else when their team has a bad game. Not dissing on bosh or anything, but yeah, no one to blame but yourself

Bob_at_york
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
basically

and another problem i have with this is.. if the refs aren't calling it, why not DO THE SAME THING ?

use it to your advantage don't just whine about it once the games over

I didn't get to see much of the game but wasn't there a point when SHaq charged against Andrea and got the bucket and then on the other end, Bosh tried the same thing and got called for a charge when Hill got in his way? :confused:

Any ways, I hear you. I have seen us stand in the paint for over 3 seconds, we get away with it too. Maybe not to the degree that Shaq did last night but he is Shaq, let's not forget that.

DaoudS
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Shaq got in there, got the ball and bosh and bargniani got out the way. it was simple. Yeah he got away with a couple of calls but the TEAM had 90 points in the paint. That is pitiful. Bosh needs to stop blaming the fans, refs, players and man up to the loss. We got beat by a hall of famer having a hall of fame night.

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
shaq got in there, got the ball and bosh and bargniani got out the way. It was simple. Yeah he got away with a couple of calls but the team had 90 points in the paint. That is pitiful. Bosh needs to stop blaming the fans, refs, players and man up to the loss. We got beat by a hall of famer having a hall of fame night.

+1

viveet
02-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Bosh is right. That fat beast gets away with stuff like this just because he is hall of fame bound. Refs give him the benefit of the doubt. I hate NBA officiating. They should call the game fair, enuff of this superstar treatment. Shaq was pushing people like it was WWE.

Some of you so called fans think that Bosh isn't Allstar material but he is only 24. This guy still has room for improvement. Every year you see his numbers get better. Next year hopefully it's his defense he prides himself in improving.

Give the guy a freakin break! You should be thankful we have a player like him on our team.

mike_noodles
02-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Didn't get a chance to see the game (damnit Rogers!). But 90 points in the paint is inexcusable for any team to give up. Hall of famer or not, missed calls or not, 90 points is just inexcusable.

xxepo
02-28-2009, 04:34 PM
refs dont like the raps , u all remeber what happen in new jersey wit that nba ref betting

viveet
02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
refs dont like the raps , u all remeber what happen in new jersey wit that nba ref betting

Yeah, I still remember that New Jersey debacle.

_Sn1P3r_
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
I am waiting for Shaq to rip him a new one.

I'm expecting that too.

Bob_at_york
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Bosh is right. That fat beast gets away with stuff like this just because he is hall of fame bound. Refs give him the benefit of the doubt. I hate NBA officiating. They should call the game fair, enuff of this superstar treatment. Shaq was pushing people like it was WWE.
you say that but in a lot of cases, Bosh gets the star treatment too. We can't rip the refs for giving one star some calls and then cheer when our star gets calls.

Kaptain Kanada
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the NBA.

wyze
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok here is the problem..... Shaq may have been camping....ok I can understand getting frustrated by that. But what I think is the big frustration is that Chris Bosh CAN'T do anything about it. This may be alittle off topic but we dont' have a real Center. Here's the thing. Barg is a PF plain and smiple. Dirk isn't a center and has tried to play didn't pan out, and that is Barg's closest comparison. So if it didn't work with Dirk and he is a pretty gritty guy then why would we think that this guy is going to flourish at the 5??

With that being said Now Chris is undersized for a PF as well. we have two guys that don't have grit playing the 4 and 5 and expect that when we face teams that have that kind of a situation we going to do well??? Shaq is no dummy you think that he didn't circle this game on his calendar???? of course he did.... So does Howard, so does Rasheed.

with that being said of course Chris is frustrated. He can't play against a Shaq and neither can Barg. Chris still needs to take responsibility but this team isn't built to play that kind of game, and that is really what is hurting Toronto. Sorry to say it but its a team fully ladies in skirts. We need monsters here that aren't afraid to get dirty. Give that to Bosh and he will be fine, but clearly he isn't the man to do it himself...thus...its time to say goodbye to Chris bosh.

viveet
02-28-2009, 05:11 PM
you say that but in a lot of cases, Bosh gets the star treatment too. We can't rip the refs for giving one star some calls and then cheer when our star gets calls.

Yeah, I know sometimes Bosh gets this treatment. The NBA officiating is designed for superstars. Just call the game fair for all players no matter what star status they have.

reevanson
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Bosh is right on this one, I was yelling at the TV about that, Shaq would sit under to basket and shove out any player that came in to challenge him(I think he was practicing he Shaq-Fu), I think the Raps are soft but I dont care who you are if Big Daddy leans his weight on you it dont matter how tuff you are you move!

reevanson
02-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Ok here is the problem..... Shaq may have been camping....ok I can understand getting frustrated by that. But what I think is the big frustration is that Chris Bosh CAN'T do anything about it. This may be alittle off topic but we dont' have a real Center. Here's the thing. Barg is a PF plain and smiple. Dirk isn't a center and has tried to play didn't pan out, and that is Barg's closest comparison. So if it didn't work with Dirk and he is a pretty gritty guy then why would we think that this guy is going to flourish at the 5??

With that being said Now Chris is undersized for a PF as well. we have two guys that don't have grit playing the 4 and 5 and expect that when we face teams that have that kind of a situation we going to do well??? Shaq is no dummy you think that he didn't circle this game on his calendar???? of course he did.... So does Howard, so does Rasheed.

with that being said of course Chris is frustrated. He can't play against a Shaq and neither can Barg. Chris still needs to take responsibility but this team isn't built to play that kind of game, and that is really what is hurting Toronto. Sorry to say it but its a team fully ladies in skirts. We need monsters here that aren't afraid to get dirty. Give that to Bosh and he will be fine, but clearly he isn't the man to do it himself...thus...its time to say goodbye to Chris bosh.

How is it Bosh' fault that the Raps have no centre and how can he "take responsibility" for that???

RaptorsFanatic
02-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Sigh...another sad excuse from Bosh. When will he learn and just play....sigh.

dirtybird
02-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I think that the OP is trying to sensationalize things: Bosh didn't say that Shaq cheated, he said that the refs weren't calling 3sec violations. Shaq has nothing to do with the refs not blowing the whistle. That's on the refs.

jrob23
02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
It's well documented that shaq is arguably the best center of all time, but it's inexcusable to let him go 20-25 WITHOUT stoudemire on the floor.

but the thing that pissed me off even more is

louis amundson shooting 9-11 for 20 points. that is just embarassing. he's like a 3 ppg backup, and hes the same size as bosh if not a inch smaller

unreallllllllll

dtmagnet
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
the only person who I could see being able to hold back Shaq is Dwight Howard.

blujaysrock
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
It's well documented that shaq is arguably the best center of all time, but it's inexcusable to let him go 20-25 WITHOUT stoudemire on the floor.

but the thing that pissed me off even more is

louis amundson shooting 9-11 for 20 points. that is just embarassing. he's like a 3 ppg backup, and hes the same size as bosh if not a inch smaller

unreallllllllll

That really depressed me you would think we could hold him off, that's like Jake coming in and dropping 20 not going to happen.

More shats!
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
I dont think Bosh was saying Shaq cheated ,i think he is saying the refs dint do there jobs by not calling Shaq for 3 seconds.The tittle in the yahoo article is wrong on so many levels.

tjroihenu
02-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Bosh crying again?

Bosh just got man handled down there..

kidfury
02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Bosh, also sometimes receives the 'all star' treatment from refs, for him to cry foul is him whining. Bosh has to hire someone to help with his public relations. Beginning of the season he has his mvp talk which was MUCH TOO early to talk about and now he has another whining phase about shaq plus his boohoo the fans booed us thing a couple months ago. I like bosh and hope it's simply passion and frustration when he blurts out somethings but he is in the public eye and needs to realize he's under a microscope when he says such things.

250 to 416
03-01-2009, 02:30 AM
For raps fans we spend too much time dissin our guys.Try backing them.Since day one there have been bad calls.The refs will never give us a break until we do what the old Detroit bad boys did hit everything that moves and make them choose what their going to call. Forget he said,Make them respect you on the court.

viveet
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
For raps fans we spend too much time dissin our guys.Try backing them.Since day one there have been bad calls.

That's what I'm talkin about...

B2theRY
03-01-2009, 12:43 PM
anyone else notice bosh this season? in the past he had more of an attitude and this year the whole season he just seems more of a little baby.. just seems to complain about everything.. i think winning the gold made him more relaxed he just doesnt look hungry to win this season.

argo
03-01-2009, 12:59 PM
PHOENIX (AP)—Toronto’s Chris Bosh had an explanation for how Shaquille O’Neal scored 45 points: He cheated.

“He was just camping down in the lane,” Bosh said Friday night, after O’Neal’s biggest scoring night in six years led Phoenix to a 133-113 victory over the Raptors. “I mean, if they’re not calling three seconds—I thought it was a rule, but I guess not.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgspR.fDi5ENhQwHzgbxrP4YPKB4?slug=ap-raptors-suns-rdp&prov=ap&type=lgns

yeah i noticed the refs were pretty lenient on the 3 second rule in phoenix.

i also noticed how our bigs offered no resistance in keeping shaq away from the basket.

jrob23
03-01-2009, 01:32 PM
i didn't see any of the game but i did see the highlights and wow

all they had to do was throw it in to shaq and he'd have a wide open dunk

with nash and amare out there's no reason we couldn't double team him and atleast try to contain him or put him at the line more than 8 times.. lets hope nowitzki doesn't light us up tonight

BranWingss
03-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Bosh is a little ***** crybaby