PDA

View Full Version : Article why the GMs need to fired not the coaches

skinsfan4life80
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/blame-game.html

Good read about why Steve Kerr and others need to be taking the blame. check it out..pretty on point.

hotdogbun
02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah i dont understand why coaches always get the blame. its players fault if the team sucks!

skinsfan4life80
02-28-2009, 01:22 PM
but why do gm get sorry player via draft and trades then get to fire the coach. If a team has no talent thats not the coaches fault.

td0tsfinest
02-28-2009, 02:01 PM
its called scapegoating, your not going to get a lot of GMs who blame themselves

Kyben36
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
John Paxson has no more scapegoats, he has his balls in the vice and it has begun to close.

skinsfan4life80
02-28-2009, 03:21 PM
has anyone done more in such a short time to destroy a first place team then Kerr

ggg
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Stupid article, winning record when theyr 9th in the west lol. Porter sucked. Defense my *** he just made them slower.

Shaq remains to belong in the top 5 centers today in a championship caliber team. He is still unstoppable and will still attract double team. Porter did a fair job with shaq but with the rest of the team, too slow. Amare and leandro's game became slower which made both guardable, nash had a steve blake role, and then a young bench.

Richardson was a fair trade both offesnsivley and defensively. Its the suns' big man back up that should be taking blame for the lack of defense. Kerrr scoring shaq and richarson is decent but terry porter as a coach simply don't have it. A veteran coach like flip saunders deserves that coaching job.

Carlismo, wittman, jordan, mitchell, pushed it to far.

Only Mo cheeks shouldn't have been fired.

ggg
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Forgot to put reggie theus who shouldn't have gotten fired and it was mike d antoni who decided to siign with the knicks instead of the suns. Kerr wanted d antoni. Lot of these people creating articles don't even watch the finer detail of the games.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 05:13 PM
The only real bad firing was Terry Porter. He did what management wanted him to do, emphasize defense, and then they fired him for the team not playing good defense because they don't have the personnel for it. Oh well.

However, in OKC, Minny, and Memphis, they were bad teams, but also had bad coaching. Those guys didn't get fired because they weren't winning games, but because players weren't playing well. It's one thing to play bad an be bad and lose. It's another to not get the effort and production out a team that you should, and that is why those guys were let go.

In Toronto, Sam Mitchel simply wasn't the coach BC wanted. Mitchell was hired before BC got there, and BC wants his own coach to run the team a certain way. Sucks for Sam, but it was also somewhat apparent that Sam had taken that team as far as he could, and wasn't going to get any better results this year.

The sixers have actually been better since Cheeks was axed....

Eddie Jordan is a similar situation to Mitchell. While the Wizards stink, and the lack of good players is the culprit, Jordan had pretty much done everything he could for that organization. He wasn't going to take him to the next level, or to any kind of glory. Sometimes you just need a different voice in the locker room.

Take Doug Collins back in Jordan's day. He led them to success, the ECF's even, but it was somewhat clear he had taken them as far as he could, and a change needed to be made, so they did, and success followed.

This article focuses too much on the short term success/failure of these coaching changes. Especially for these bad teams, it wasn't just about immediate results, but long term dividends. If those teams made the right moves, we'll see it over the comine 1-3 years.

skinsfan4life80
02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
to me i feel like you guys read the article more about the coaches when i think it was more about the GMs. This GMs just make dumb move after dumb move. In sac they traded bibby and artest and got not one thing. Hell no of the players they got for bibby are still on the team less then a year later. Kerr is just an idiot who cant make up his mind. one second he wants a defense of team..then he wants to go back to running..wtf. And then trying to trade a 25 years old 20 and 10 guy what is he thinking. Why would u want to be a defense of team but trade away the only 3 people on the team who play dee. McGale has been doing his best to make the wolves suck for years now..and guess what they do. Mitchel and Jordan can coach both of them and that Wizards team flat out sucks with out Gil...and Ernie is the one who gave and injured dude 120 mil. Okl flat out sucks and look no better. How many times do we see GMs make moves for no reason at all or draft people in the first round who arent even in the league 2 years later. But no one ever says that. To me the only one who should have been fired is Cheecks and thats hard to say because Brand really isnt the fit for that team. which isnt his fault

Hellcrooner
02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Gms should be allowed time to adjust and do great.

Look at Mitch Kutchap, his head was asked for by fans for years, but hes last 3 or 4 trades have been awesom.

skinsfan4life80
02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Gms should be allowed time to adjust and do great.

Look at Mitch Kutchap, his head was asked for by fans for years, but hes last 3 or 4 trades have been awesom.

I know i was calling for his head...he didnt start making serious moves until the fans were calling for his jobs.