PDA

View Full Version : Who Will The Thunder Keep?

Rique
02-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think there is anyway they can resign Kevin Durant Jeff Green and Westbrook

hotdogbun
02-28-2009, 11:05 AM
there is a way. why wont there be a way?

b_rad23
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
They have cap room and expirings to no end. They could sign all three to max deals (really only Durant would be worth it) and have room to spare. They're young so the max deals would still only be around 14 mill to start. They also have time. They really have no one beyond those 3 so they can easily keep them and add pieces if they want to. It's actually a really good situation not a bad one.

ShaunRiching9
02-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Theyd Probably Keep it Westbrook and Durant but they will find away to keep all 3

chicagowhitesox
02-28-2009, 12:50 PM
i think they will likely keep all 3. durant is obviously the priority. then probably westbrook next because pg is a more important position.

Hustla23
02-28-2009, 12:52 PM
If they spend all their cap money on their players, they won't have money for anyone else and will suck forever.

jnb58
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Money wise they should be able to keep them. I think the team may have problems resigning them though.
If there is a chance LeBron would move to a better place/bigger market, Durrant may leave as well.

I've been to OKC. I don't like living in Portland but I would rather be there or nearly anywhere else.

RocketsRule
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, won't they be RFA? If they are they shouldn't have any problems retaining them.

thesparky33
02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll be able to keep all three...

_Sn1P3r_
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Theyd Probably Keep it Westbrook and Durant but they will find away to keep all 3

I agree. But I think they can keep all 3.

pd7631
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
They can definitely keep all of them.....a team can go over the salary cap if they are signing their own players

La11
02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
yes they could keep all three and the question will be if they can keep four

YankeeFan89
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
i think they will keep all 3 but if i see one going its jeff green

what54!?
02-28-2009, 01:46 PM
They can keep all three unless they don't want to he there. Thats their core

kntresistheheat
02-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Westbrook is a rookie, he is not up for no extension untill 2 more years:rolleyes: Green is in his second year, which means that only durant would be up for a contract extension and it would be like 12 to 14mil and they would have smith,mason,M,Rose,swift off the books this year.

mrblisterdundee
02-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I think that Clay Bennett will do his damnedest to keep Durant, Green, and Westbrook. I could even see them accepting a little less to stay together. They are one of the best young three-man cores.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't see why they can't keep their young core intact. Over the next 2 offseaons they'll shed almost all their contracts except for their young guys, and will only add even more talent.

Durant has already indicated that he likes Oklahoma City and he wants to stay. Or else he's really punking everybody.

Hopefully,” he says, “I’ll spend my whole career here.”

Durant sees a future with the Thunder, and, as unlikely as that seemed even a month ago, he’s building a case for why everyone else should also see the skies clearing over OKC.

Sharing the court with his two teammates is good enough for Durant. He calls Green and Westbrook “my brothers” and the three, along with 22-year-old rookies D.J. White and Kyle Weaver, spend much of their time off the floor together. The group frequently gathers at White’s house because White’s girlfriend is a good cook – and because White’s home is one of the few equipped with a washer and dryer.

“A lot of time, looking from the outside in, you never know about guys,” Westbrook said. “But once I got here, I saw everybody likes to joke around the same as me.”

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=jy-durantthunder012909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Not that that means they're all BFF's and will never leave, but it's something. Plus the Thunder have 4 first round picks over the next 2 drafts, and none of their young core namely, Durant, Green, Westbrook, Sefolosha, White and Weaver are going anywhere for awhile. (Unless traded, none only sefolosha can be a restricted FA in 2010, and Durant and Green will be RFA's in the summer of 2011.

Over the next two drafts they also have 4 first round picks, which will only bolster the talent level. And also dont forget, they will have ample cap space in 2010, and while they may not land a huge name, they should be able to at least find a few good pickups over the next few years to solidify their rotation.

So yeah, I think they're going to be just fine.