PDA

View Full Version : Tmac talks about that he has only had average teams

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Source: SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/02/27/weekly.countdown/index.html)

He smiled when asked if he ever found himself questioning what separated him from the champions of his era.

"I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to play with Shaq, to play with Tim Duncan. I always seem to have average teams,'' he said. "You take me back in my Orlando days with Shaq? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question.''

I reminded McGrady of a previous conversation we had years ago, when Garnett was being criticized for his failure to win in the playoffs with Minnesota. "I remember that,'' McGrady said. Then he shifted our talk to Garnett's championship with the Celtics last season.

"I don't know if you remember this,'' McGrady said. "But when they won the championship, he had the hat like this [turned sideways] and he looked into the camera and he was like, What are you going to say now? That's what he said. That was about all that criticism that he was taking, and now he was letting everybody know: What are you going to say now? Because you can't say it now -- I'm the best, I'm on the best team in the league.''
Watching the Celtics celebrate on television after his arthroscopic surgery last spring, McGrady swallowed Garnett's message as if it were a personal greeting to him to not give up.

Duncan = Donkey
02-28-2009, 08:57 AM
LMAO, this guy is a fukin TWAT

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-28-2009, 09:12 AM
ughhh, just loss all my respect for TMAC

this is what happens when you sign for money instead of a championship

but i hope he gets healthy again

santana88
02-28-2009, 09:12 AM
this guy is a TWAT!!!!! he is a me first player...
o.k. he played with Vince in Vince hey day but wanted to leave (they could have had a run to the finals) so he went to Orlando where he played with Steve Francis in his hey day.... then he left and went to Huston and is playing with one of the top 3 or 4 big men in Yao.. and has a D stopper in Artest... they had a great run in the reg season last yr but failed in the playoffs... o.k. he may not win a championship without a supporting cast but hey TWAT.. try to get out of the first round.... T Mac is over hyped, over rated, a me first player.. never in the MVP running.. he is a good player (i will give him that) but he is not a superstar, never was never will be.....

kidfury
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
tmac is loser. what can you expect, drafted out of high school, very likely a spoiled athlete during HS and now spoiled as a pro athlete. He's delusional.

Plenty of good players have never won the championship but how many of them are called losers with no heart? Before Garnett, Pierce, and Allan got together, did any of them commonly have ppl questioning their heart?

JJ_JKidd
02-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Wow. I just hope that he didnt really really say that. If he did, he prolly is the BIGGEST LOSER in all of Basketball.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Average because their star player (ahem... T Mac) couldn't elevate them to anything better. In Houston he's had Yao for some time now. 2 All-Stars, and throw in Ron Artest this year... what more does he need to win a playoff series?

KIDDSNETS0324
02-28-2009, 09:49 AM
this guy is a TWAT!!!!! he is a me first player...
o.k. he played with Vince in Vince hey day but wanted to leave (they could have had a run to the finals) so he went to Orlando where he played with Steve Francis in his hey day.... then he left and went to Huston and is playing with one of the top 3 or 4 big men in Yao.. and has a D stopper in Artest... they had a great run in the reg season last yr but failed in the playoffs... o.k. he may not win a championship without a supporting cast but hey TWAT.. try to get out of the first round.... T Mac is over hyped, over rated, a me first player.. never in the MVP running.. he is a good player (i will give him that) but he is not a superstar, never was never will be.....

ummm tmac didnt play with francis, he was traded to houston for francis. bit regardless, tmac has better teammates now than alot of players in this league has ever had...stop bein so dam ungrateful

Fresno
02-28-2009, 09:49 AM
whether you like it or not he is right.

T-Mac wasn't offered enough to resign in Toronto because he was expendable with Vince Carter at the time was a Top 10 NBA player bt Toronto never made the right moves to build a competitive team around him.

T-Mac never had anyone in Orlando simply because Grant Hill got injured before he signed with Orlando.

Although the Rockets are a popular team with a large internet fanbase they are the only ones who consider there team as being a great team when in reality the team they had with T-Mac-Yao-Battier-Rafer is not even on the level of any of the past Championship teams.

hotdogbun
02-28-2009, 09:51 AM
i actually agree with tmac. cuz healthy tmac > healthy pierce. we all know what happens when pierce is surrounded with average or weak team he usually fails to make the playoffs. but when pierce got surrounded by 2 HOF he won a ship so i think that if healthy tmac teamed up with kg and ray that they would have won the ship last season. cuz if pierce can make it why cant tmac? if tmac can bring a weak./average team to the playoffs what more if he has 2 HOFs

Fresno
02-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Average because their star player (ahem... T Mac) couldn't elevate them to anything better. In Houston he's had Yao for some time now. 2 All-Stars, and throw in Ron Artest this year... what more does he need to win a playoff series?
He had Ron Artest this year but do you realize how seriously injured T-Mac is?

He has bad back problems,an arthritic shoulder,and an injured knee but the last 2 come from the back problems he has suffered.

The fact this guy has even tried to play through the pain is insane

Fresno
02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
i actually agree with tmac. cuz healthy tmac > healthy pierce. we all know what happens when pierce is surrounded with average or weak team he usually fails to make the playoffs. but when pierce got surrounded by 2 HOF he won a ship so i think that if healthy tmac teamed up with kg and ray that they would have won the ship last season. cuz if pierce can make it why cant tmac? if tmac can bring a weak./average team to the playoffs what more if he has 2 HOFs

T-Mac wouldn't work with Boston because T-Mac is a SG and Ray Allen is a SG.

T-Mac is not a SF thats why Toronto didn't make a huge offer to keep him.

marlinsfan24
02-28-2009, 10:04 AM
T-Mac is right. Other than Yao, no one ever showed up in the playoffs. And let me just add, Kobe never got out of the first round without Shaq until Pau came along. So don't bring the BS he sucks in the playoffs, cuz statistically, he's been pretty damn amazing in the playoffs.

And to say he has no heart when he tried to play this season seriously injured is beyond me.

Kaptain Kanada
02-28-2009, 10:22 AM
TMac hasn't bothered to show up for the playoffs himself... what a douche.

marlinsfan24
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Year Team Lg G Min Pts PPG FGM FGA FGP FTM FTA FTP 3PM 3PA 3PP ORB DRB TRB RPG AST APG STL BLK TO
1999-00 TOR NBA 3 111 50 16.7 17 44 .386 14 16 .875 2 7 .286 10 11 21 7.0 9 3.0 3 3 10
2000-01 ORL NBA 4 178 135 33.8 51 123 .415 31 38 .816 2 10 .200 6 20 26 6.5 33 8.3 7 5 8
2001-02 ORL NBA 4 178 123 30.8 42 91 .462 34 46 .739 5 16 .313 6 19 25 6.3 22 5.5 2 7 13
2002-03 ORL NBA 7 308 222 31.7 74 165 .448 58 75 .773 16 47 .340 10 37 47 6.7 33 4.7 14 6 26
2004-05 HOU NBA 7 301 215 30.7 78 171 .456 42 51 .824 17 46 .370 12 40 52 7.4 47 6.7 11 10 26
2006-07 HOU NBA 7 280 177 25.3 63 160 .394 42 57 .737 9 36 .250 5 36 41 5.9 51 7.3 5 6 21
2007-08 HOU NBA 6 247 162 27.0 62 146 .425 33 53 .623 5 24 .208 7 42 49 8.2 41 6.8 9 5 18
Totals 38 1603 1084 28.5 387 900 .430 254 336 .756 56 186 .301 56 205 261 6.9 236 6.2 51 42 122

Fresno
02-28-2009, 10:32 AM

3rd highest Playoff scoring average in NBA History(28 PPG) only behind Jordan & Iverson.

McGrady always shows up in the Playoffs even when unhealthy.

Ragun
02-28-2009, 11:01 AM
there goes my respect for t-mac. what an ***

hotdogbun
02-28-2009, 11:09 AM
T-Mac is right. Other than Yao, no one ever showed up in the playoffs. And let me just add, Kobe never got out of the first round without Shaq until Pau came along. So don't bring the BS he sucks in the playoffs, cuz statistically, he's been pretty damn amazing in the playoffs.

And to say he has no heart when he tried to play this season seriously injured is beyond me.

so?

GCOOKIE7
02-28-2009, 11:24 AM
TMAC=Vince
Vince= ***** *** TWAT
Therefore.... TMAC= ***** *** TWAT

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:05 PM
You can't really blame T-Mac. After all, when he was in his prime in Orlando, he didn't really have a supporting cast. In Toronto, he didn't get a lot of touches. And in Houston, they didn't get Ron Artest until this injury-hit year. Plus, Yao has been injured a ton as well.

jim51990
02-28-2009, 12:06 PM
tmac is a fool
hes only played 11 years and is already wash up

Hustla23
02-28-2009, 12:29 PM
This guy is such a huge douchebag it's not even funny.

Having Yao Ming, trading for Luis Scola. Trading for freaking Ron Artest.

WHAT?

If your crippled *** managed to stay healthy for more than half a game, then you would be sitting on a top 5 team in the NBA right now.

What a dumb ****.

I hope he never plays again.

GunFactor187
02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
So TMAC's pretty much the new Stephon Marbury?

Raidaz4Life
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Bum!

b_rad23
02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
so he went to Orlando where he played with Steve Francis in his hey day....

He was traded for Steve Francis (and Cuttino Mobley).

Anyways, I guess Yao is average? I guess his collection of roleplayers like Battier etc are average? Is Artest average? He's average. That's the problem. He's too injury prone, he's lost his legs, and his J is too hot and cold. He can't be a main guy at this point. The Rockets have a ton of assets, they should try to ship out T-Mac and everyone with value and reload like the Celtics around Yao.

pippsux
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
If I am his agent or pr guy, my advice is shut the hell up. He keeps talking and putting his foot in his mouth. The team is better w/o him and Artest has taken his spot. He needs to focus on his surgery and rehab.

markhebert42
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
He's an old, broke down, loser.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 01:08 PM
average team? a team with the 2nd longest winning streak in history is "average?' a team that was consider by many to be a championship contender year after year is "average?" a team that had HCA 2 different years is "average?" a team with the perfect role player and one of the league's best perimeter defender (battier), arguable nba's best center (yao), and some of NBA's best coaches (Van Gundy and Adleman) is "average?" :pity: just because you don't know how to motivate your teammates and doesn't know how to get them involved doesn't mean your team is "average." i hate tmac. i wish the Rockets trade his expiring contract to a team that sucks next year.

i love how "professional" tmac is and how he loves to rip his teammates. he wants credit for everything good that happens to the Rockets and if things doesn't go as plan, it's NEVER his fault...it's always his teammates fault for being "average."

balla4life22
02-28-2009, 01:09 PM

pierce actually made it to the ECF twice without kg and allen. His second option was antoine walker lol. Yao ming>>>>>>Walker

NYMetros
02-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Source: SI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/02/27/weekly.countdown/index.html)

He has had good teams in the past.
Not great, but good enough to at least make it out of the 1st round.
He said it himself a couple of years ago to Stephen A Smith. "If I don't make it out of the 1st round this year, it's on me."

J-Relo
02-28-2009, 01:10 PM
than that means he is nothing than AVERAGE...

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
lol and some people were actually debating against his whiny-ness yesterday, this article says it all...the guy is a *****, EXACTLY like i said.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
He has had good teams in the past.
Not great, but good enough to at least make it out of the 1st round.
He said it himself a couple of years ago to Stephen A Smith. "If I don't make it out of the 1st round this year, it's on me."

apparently, according to certain members *coughcoughchroncoughcough* who love to make excuses for tmac...he wasn't being serious when he said that. he was saying that to "motivate his teammates" and "take pressure off of them." and since Tmac wasn't being serious, he's allow to turn around, go back on his words, and rip his teammates when the Rockets lost. damn his "average" teammates. doesn't matter about the fact that this "average" rockets team with "average" players won 22 games in a row last season..they're still "average" and it's their fault the rockets lost. it's not tmac's fault because he "elevate" his game in the playoffs everytime. by "elevate," i mean his becomes a ball hog and tried to do everything himself instead of getting his teammates involved.

and no...contrary to popular believe...tmac is not a good "playmaker." kicking out to a teammate standing at the 3 pts line when you have nowhere else left to go doesn't make you a "play maker." it makes you a ball hog who only passes when you're stuck. a "playmaker" knows his teammates and know where their comfort zones are and seeks to get the ball to his teammates in their comfort zone...chris paul does that and steve nash does that because they're actual "play makers." tmac dont.

skinsfan4life80
02-28-2009, 01:32 PM
What a loser TMAC has had the best center in basketball for a while now on his team ( for those Howard lovers at worse Yao is the second best center in the league) and he still hasnt done anything. He hasnt even got out the first round..he doesnt even win in the regular season..hell all those years in a weak east he wasnt winning to power houses in the first round. He was losing to a hornets team that was just Baron Davis..the bucks..he just doesnt win. Its classless for him to blame his teammates now.

VCaintdead17
02-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Like I have said before, as of now I think Tmac has more mental health issues that physical. I am not saying he's crazy, but he has some issues

what54!?
02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
T-mac :pity:

You play with yao ming and still can't get out of the first round

Hellcrooner
02-28-2009, 01:59 PM
You put Kobe or Lebron in Houston with MING!!! and Battier, and Artest and you got one ring.

You are a sore loser T-mccripsy chicken

The Blue Baller
02-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I think there's some truth to what he's saying. Shaq and Duncan have been two of the most successful and accomplished players of the last decade--their championships are evidence of this.
Does/has he had bad teams? That's debatable. But he's never had someone of their caliber playing with him. You can't honestly believe that Carter or Yao were, are, or will be as much of a game changer as Shaq and Duncan have been. Is it unrealistic to think that if you switch out Brent Barry/Michael Finley with McGrady that the Spurs don't still win a championship? Or that if Kobe and McGrady switched places, that he and Shaq wouldn't have gotten at least one together? What if McGrady was on the Kings back when they had Webber, Peja, and Bibby? You can't argue that in other situations, this guy would likely have a championship.
But at the end of the day, just like others have said, what it means is that he's not capable of being "the guy". He needs more help than what he's got. You can take it as him being a jerk or him being realistic, but in a backwards kind of way, it does show that he knows the importance of the team concept.

And for everyone who's basically just posting "he's a dick"-- save your time. I think everyone can grasp that concept without the extra help-- and it just makes you look like a passive, snotty, teenage gossip girl.

Catfish1314
02-28-2009, 02:04 PM
No, T-Mac. You've never had an average team. You've never even had a team. Good teams have had you and you weren't able to do **** with them even when, at times, you were their best player.

What a clown.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I think there's some truth to what he's saying. Shaq and Duncan have been two of the most successful and accomplished players of the last decade--their championships are evidence of this.
Does/has he had bad teams? That's debatable. But he's never had someone of their caliber playing with him. You can't honestly believe that Carter or Yao were, are, or will be as much of a game changer as Shaq and Duncan have been. Is it unrealistic to think that if you switch out Brent Barry/Michael Finley with McGrady that the Spurs don't still win a championship? Or that if Kobe and McGrady switched places, that he and Shaq wouldn't have gotten at least one together? What if McGrady was on the Kings back when they had Webber, Peja, and Bibby? You can't argue that in other situations, this guy would likely have a championship.
But at the end of the day, just like others have said, what it means is that he's not capable of being "the guy". He needs more help than what he's got. You can take it as him being a jerk or him being realistic, but in a backwards kind of way, it does show that he knows the importance of the team concept.

And for everyone who's basically just posting "he's a dick"-- save your time. I think everyone can grasp that concept without the extra help-- and it just makes you look like a passive, snotty, teenage gossip girl.

wow :pity: if ANY star were on the king with webber, peja, and bibby they would've won the championship. If ANY star play along side parker, ginobili, and duncan...they would've won a championship. if ANY good wing player play next to shaq, they would've won the championship...shaq isn't consider by many to be the best center in NBA history for nothing you know.

the guy had all the help he ever need...him, along with his "average" teammates, won 22 in a row last year....4 of those were without him and 11 of those were without Yao. him, along with his "average" teammates, got home court advantage in the playoffs TWICE. and seriously...now can you consider battier (one of the league's best defender) and yao be "average" teammates. If either lebron or kobe has battier and yao (arguably the best center in the nba) as teammates, they would've won the championship a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

like i said before...houston fail in the playoffs not because the houston team were "average" but because he becomes a ball hog in the playoffs. Tmac hogs the ball and tried to do everything himself in the playoffs to prove how "great" he is every time...that's why his numbers ALWAYS increase in the playoffs but the numbers of his teammates ALWAYS gets worse.

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 02:29 PM

He is 4th all time in playoff ppg. How is that not showing up?

Missing56&33
02-28-2009, 02:34 PM
just Tmac's luck the rockets make it to the conf final without him then hes traded next season:)

BenFrank
02-28-2009, 02:35 PM
This guy's garbage!

He's basically saying.. he's not the reason for not makeing it out the 1st rd.. If we would of had just a little bit more heart, there could have been a diffent out come. If he was such a superstar!!! Wouldn't he be able to take a average team atleast into the second round? Wade did it before shaq even came into the picture

I have no respect for this guy, and i'm starting to feel he has no respect for himself either. And Yao is no where near average!

BranWingss
02-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Wow

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-28-2009, 02:49 PM

Exactly.

handbanana55
02-28-2009, 02:51 PM
You put Kobe or Lebron in Houston with MING!!! and Battier, and Artest and you got one ring.

:clap::clap::clap:

KobeIs
02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
^ +1

magichatnumber9
02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
T-Mac looks like Steve Urkel without the glasses. The guy has made his own bed.

KB24PG16
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
i got nothing to say this guy is just done in houston he's pathetic

D-Amazins
02-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Alot of you guys are being too harsh on T-Mac. I know im a T-Mac fan but theres just no way you cannot agree with him.

1. Hes ALWAYS Showed up in the playoffs. ALWAYS. His playoff numbers speak for themselves.

2. He's had no help in the playoffs. Yes he has Yao Ming but Yao sucks in the playoffs and the year that we should have gone which was 2007 against the Jazz where we lost Game 7. Boozer was just owning Yao and Yao was just too inconsistent never having a good enough game to be the player of the game.

3. While I agree with T-Mac, I also agree I think he needs to learn to shut up. Hes really let me down this year and I've lost alot of respect for him. I had huge expectations this year.

dre1990
02-28-2009, 03:29 PM
If he said this a year ago when he was decent it wouldnt have been that bad...

kEviN21
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe thats why the rockets are doing fine w/o him.

Statik1
02-28-2009, 03:34 PM
sorry **** eyes but you my friend are the average one... nuff said

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Alot of you guys are being too harsh on T-Mac. I know im a T-Mac fan but theres just no way you cannot agree with him.

1. Hes ALWAYS Showed up in the playoffs. ALWAYS. His playoff numbers speak for themselves.

2. He's had no help in the playoffs. Yes he has Yao Ming but Yao sucks in the playoffs and the year that we should have gone which was 2007 against the Jazz where we lost Game 7. Boozer was just owning Yao and Yao was just too inconsistent never having a good enough game to be the player of the game.

3. While I agree with T-Mac, I also agree I think he needs to learn to shut up. Hes really let me down this year and I've lost alot of respect for him. I had huge expectations this year.

1. numbers are deceiving. yea he gets his but how bout his teammates? kinda like zach randolph you know? his numbers are amazing but his teams always suck.there's a reason why tmac's number always increase in the playoffs and his teammates numbers drop. hint: he becomes a ballhog in the playoffs and tries to do everything himself instead of getting his teammate involved. and no...kicking the ball out to someone waiting at the 3 pts line when you have nowhere else left to go doesn't count as getting your teammates involved or "play making."

2.the guy had all the help he ever need...him, along with his "average" teammates, won 22 in a row last year....11 of those were without Yao, and 8 of which were with him having bad games shooting below 40%. him, along with his "average" teammates, got home court advantage in the playoffs TWICE. and seriously...now can you consider battier (one of the league's best defender) and yao be "average" teammates. If either lebron or kobe has battier and yao (arguably the best center in the nba) as teammates, they would've won the championship a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

3. agreed. i was excited when tmac first came to houston but now i just want him gone.

More shats!
02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
T Mac is full of crap.He had a chance to win multiple championships by staying with Vince in Toronto but no he had to be the man,he had to have all the spotlight and in the end he end up screwing the Raps when he gave hope that he was going to resign and let us with nothing.Is a shame because Vince and Tmac could have rule the NBA for years to come, so he had his chance to win and he blew it.

Stop complaining TMac you had your chance to build a Dinasty in Toronto and you gave that up to have More Fame and money.

Just rest in peace Tmac.

still1ballin
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
what a selfish prick, that is why he is a loser. Never will win anything.

More shats!
02-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Where is

4.He left his best chance to win a championship to have more money and fame.

{}
02-28-2009, 03:55 PM

Nobody could show up with MeMac dominating and special ed'ing down the offense. The only player he shared the ball with was Yao, and not nearly enough. MeMac always kept the lions share of the offense for himself and he simply wasn't a dominate enough player to warrant it, and the team predictably choked and lost. The reality is in almost all cases a team only goes as far as their main guy takes them. Remove MeMac's 22+ attempts and 60+ possessions this season and the Rockets team actually has an opportunity to function as a team. The bottom line is in Tmac's case his inflated individual stats didn't factor well into a team wanting to play team ball and win.

Good riddance to the loser. And god bless him for making no doubt as to how much of a loser he is by continuing to run his mouth; basically a loser down to the inner core. :D

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 04:06 PM
^ lol MeMac

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 04:11 PM
T Mac is full of crap.He had a chance to win multiple championships by staying with Vince in Toronto but no he had to be the man,he had to have all the spotlight and in the end he end up screwing the Raps when he gave hope that he was going to resign and let us with nothing.Is a shame because Vince and Tmac could have rule the NBA for years to come, so he had his chance to win and he blew it.

Stop complaining TMac you had your chance to build a Dinasty in Toronto and you gave that up to have More Fame and money.

Just rest in peace Tmac.

No, you have it all wrong, T-Mac didnt leave Toronto because of Vince, he left because he wanted to go home and play beneath Grant Hill:rolleyes:

DitchDat
02-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't like T-Mac.

Lost Art
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow, Tmac.........this is low............really low

Just go ahead and retire

D-Amazins
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
1. numbers are deceiving. yea he gets his but how bout his teammates? kinda like zach randolph you know? his numbers are amazing but his teams always suck.there's a reason why tmac's number always increase in the playoffs and his teammates numbers drop. hint: he becomes a ballhog in the playoffs and tries to do everything himself instead of getting his teammate involved. and no...kicking the ball out to someone waiting at the 3 pts line when you have nowhere else left to go doesn't count as getting your teammates involved or "play making."

2.the guy had all the help he ever need...him, along with his "average" teammates, won 22 in a row last year....11 of those were without Yao, and 8 of which were with him having bad games shooting below 40%. him, along with his "average" teammates, got home court advantage in the playoffs TWICE. and seriously...now can you consider battier (one of the league's best defender) and yao be "average" teammates. If either lebron or kobe has battier and yao (arguably the best center in the nba) as teammates, they would've won the championship a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

3. agreed. i was excited when tmac first came to houston but now i just want him gone.

1. Sorry but ive watched his playoffs games. And I Know for a fact he's done his thing for sure as well as do more then enough.

2. I've watched Yao get owned and while battier is good you need to be able to hand the ball off to someone who could score and while Yao should have been that option he was not.

3. I'm with ya there. I mean if he ends up staying there next year and we have Ron Ron still then I say we go for a Championship. If we fail to win we take his 20+Mill off the books and get prepared for 2010.

{}
02-28-2009, 05:02 PM
3. I'm with ya there. I mean if he ends up staying there next year and we have Ron Ron still then I say we go for a Championship. If we fail to win we take his 20+Mill off the books and get prepared for 2010.

Time to wake up. The plan was to pursue a championship this year. Tmac couldn't handle the pressure of having a solid roster (no more excuses) and the expectation of winning. And his MeMac style didn't mesh well with two other superstars on the court at the same time. By the way, RonRon can't stand Tmac. The guy has called him out so many times this season that Tmac basically started to cry to the media about it. RonRon essentially said Tmac was to blame for the defensive problems (and he was proved right) and said Tmac played like a pussee. Yao is alleged to have voiced similar criticism about Tmac in the locker room. Battier, Alston and Deke have taken shots at Tmac's leadership this season.

Again, you wouldn't be clueless about all this if you were awake and paying attention. But go ahead and keep dreaming about hero Tmac and how he's the the epitome of success, a dominating playoff warrior and the leader Houston needs to carry them win a championship. Good grief. :pity:

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
1. Sorry but ive watched his playoffs games. And I Know for a fact he's done his thing for sure as well as do more then enough.

2. I've watched Yao get owned and while battier is good you need to be able to hand the ball off to someone who could score and while Yao should have been that option he was not.

Rockets would have to get someone like Joe Johnson in 2010.

Kabowdos
02-28-2009, 05:09 PM

T-Mac wasn't offered enough to resign in Toronto because he was expendable with Vince Carter at the time was a Top 10 NBA player bt Toronto never made the right moves to build a competitive team around him.

T-Mac never had anyone in Orlando simply because Grant Hill got injured before he signed with Orlando.

Although the Rockets are a popular team with a large internet fanbase they are the only ones who consider there team as being a great team when in reality the team they had with T-Mac-Yao-Battier-Rafer is not even on the level of any of the past Championship teams.

PLEASE.

T-Mac is awful he is so inefficient it is terrible. He shot 41.9%FG 28%3PT 68%FT. His number for the past few years have been in that range. Those years should be his prime.

Now he has YAO (best center in the league behind Dwight)
Ron Artest
Scola
Rafer
a decent bench

He didn't win because he wasn't good enough. He lost every year even when he was suppose to win.

I can not believe he would say anything like that and compare himself to Pierce and Kobe (not directly but in a way). "If I was with Shaq or if I switched with Pierce are hinting towards it". The main thing there is the "IF" and you weren't. Any player can say that.

It is like Amare saying well if you put on the Lakers for Bynum... I'd win a championship and succeed in the playoffs.

Or Steve Nash saying if you put me on the Celtics for Rondo I will win a championship.

It is stupid. Sorry T-MAC you are a great player, but you could never get it done. Your team never won in the playoffs and all you did was cry about it rather than take it like a man. Now you are complaining about having average teams? Maybe because you suck.

Kabowdos
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM
3rd highest Playoff scoring average in NBA History(28 PPG) only behind Jordan & Iverson.

McGrady always shows up in the Playoffs even when unhealthy.

Yeah Kobe averaged 35 points a game one year.... they lost first round... what the hell does it matter how well you do individually when it is a team sport...

Bottom line... T-Mac always failed in the playoffs.

Put Kobe with Yao and that Rocket team.... Are you kidding me they will take over the West instantly. GUARANTEED.

mrblisterdundee
02-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Tracy McGrady needs to get over himself. Playing with Yao Ming is more than good enough. He also got to play with Vince Carter in his prime. It's not the teams' fault. It's McGrady's fault for always being soft and injured. I remember at one point he wasn't even sure about playing basketball any more. That's not the level of determination that wins. He's just trying to make up for how overrated his leadership abilities are.

Kabowdos
02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
average team? a team with the 2nd longest winning streak in history is "average?' a team that was consider by many to be a championship contender year after year is "average?" a team that had HCA 2 different years is "average?" a team with the perfect role player and one of the league's best perimeter defender (battier), arguable nba's best center (yao), and some of NBA's best coaches (Van Gundy and Adleman) is "average?" :pity: just because you don't know how to motivate your teammates and doesn't know how to get them involved doesn't mean your team is "average." i hate tmac. i wish the Rockets trade his expiring contract to a team that sucks next year.

i love how "professional" tmac is and how he loves to rip his teammates. he wants credit for everything good that happens to the Rockets and if things doesn't go as plan, it's NEVER his fault...it's always his teammates fault for being "average."

well said

Hellcrooner
02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Houston should have tried to fool Porltand with T-mac for Lafrentz and Webster or Rudy....

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 05:53 PM

1. what you saw was him being a ball hog trying to do everything by himself while his teammates stand around hoping he'll pass the ball to them. Look at how the Rockets played during the 22 games winning streak last year and look at how the rockets are playing right now...than compare it to how the Rockets play during the playoffs...you'll see the difference.

2. wrong. Yao averaged 25 pts on 45% shooting and 10 rebounds during his most recent outing in the playoffs against the Jazz. Battier does his job and our other role players would've play better if Tmac lets them.

3. I hope we trade his expiring contract next year to a cellar dweller next year just to spite him.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
I think most fans, in particular Houston fans, problem with TMac is the way he approaches all the adversity in his career. Instead of shutting up and playing, he does stuff like this, diagnoses himself, and doesn't seem to have that filter from his brain to his mouth, much like Barkley. He was a great player, and his team didn't show up in the playoffs, he shouldn't be faulted entirely. But you are the one making $20 million, you are the one getting the blame. Deal with it and shut the F up. ANd he has great playoff stats, but he is allergic to defense, which doesn't show in the boxscore.

djohn2oo8
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
GM daryl morey of the rockets said that while mcgrady is out, the rockets will look to pick up another star in the summer, while resigning artest. Hmm, maybe a Jamal Crawford??? Anyway, I say let's let stacy mcgrady's contract come off the books in 2010, and go hard after bosh.

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
GM daryl morey of the rockets said that while mcgrady is out, the rockets will look to pick up another star in the summer, while resigning artest. Hmm, maybe a Jamal Crawford??? Anyway, I say let's let stacy mcgrady's contract come off the books in 2010, and go hard after bosh. I agree with you about his contract coming off the books, but why go after Bosh when you have Yao Ming?! Try Joe Johnson.

AsfanSince99
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't know what to say to this cuz im a big fan of his? He kinda has a point but at the same time, he has Yao and a strong supporting cast, and they had their opportunities to make some noise in the playoffs, but they couldn't get over that proverbial hump.

His comments are basically a slap in the face to his current teammates.

bogmon
02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
LMAO, this guy is a fukin TWAT

I would've said Sandy Vage myself...but totally agree!:D

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah Kobe averaged 35 points a game one year.... they lost first round... what the hell does it matter how well you do individually when it is a team sport...

Bottom line... T-Mac always failed in the playoffs.

Put Kobe with Yao and that Rocket team.... Are you kidding me they will take over the West instantly. GUARANTEED.

Not when Yao is hurt in the playoffs or can't rebound over a guy like Boozer.

Er1c
02-28-2009, 07:58 PM
ohh wow...u have ron artest and yao ming. thats a good trio right there. plus, he isnt even that good of himself anymore....he needs to stfu

Kabowdos
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Not when Yao is hurt in the playoffs or can't rebound over a guy like Boozer.

Don't quote my post. You are the most biased poster on her and your a Laker/KB hater because he is the best. Get off my nuts *****.

Kobe is the best player in the world. It is the greatest feeling, thanks Kobe. He can do anything he wants. Lakers are going to win the championship. He is going to climb the rankings for the next few seasons with more MVPs and Championships!!! If he went to the Rockets, they would dominate in the playoffs similar to the way the Lakers do.

T-MAC is a hasbeen scrub. He hasn't had a good season since 2002. Take a look at his stats. He is suppose to be in his prime right now and he is finished. He gets injured all the time, which is something you can do if you want to be great.

Kyben36
02-28-2009, 08:37 PM
You have Yao, an allstar. You have yourself. Allstar at one point. You have Artest, a Near star himself if he isnt. You have Scola, a steal in the late first or 2nd wherever you got him. Ill admit, you dont have 3 great players like Boston, but thats no excuse for not getting out of the first round.

lilboytwister99
02-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Let me make something clear.... T-Mac should be called T-Whack. He has NEVER been a "superstar" since joining the Rockets. He is just lucky that Houston sports teams are willing to WASTE big money on WORTHLESS players.

T-Mac has never performed to the expectations that we expect, and for him to say he has always been with "average" teams is a bunch of bullcorn.

T-Whack isnt worth the money we wasted on him. He searched far and wide for a doctor to tell him he needed "mircofracture" surgery and then came out and told the media instead of his team.

T-Whack can go *bleep* himself.

We do better without him anyways.

IversonIsKrazy
02-28-2009, 08:53 PM
t-mac will never pass the 1st round 'cuz hes always injured. when ppl say healthy t-mac is good, u cant really say that. u gotta say NORMAL t-mac, so wut is he more; injured? or healthy? because he is injured more than he is healthy, he can never be a winner. my gosh, if u put ai instead of t-mac they would have more success, considering t-mac was in his prime w/ houston, AND STILL NEVER PASSED THE 1ST ROUND W/ HEATLHY YAO & T-MAC. if that year, it was ai instead of t-mac, a prime AI and healthy Yao would go str8 to the finals,

albertc86
02-28-2009, 09:31 PM
T-Mac may be a selfish player, but he's right. You cannot deny that.

kidfury
02-28-2009, 10:17 PM
tmac is another spoiled delusional athlete. the nba should raise the minimum age for drafting players further, look at tmac he definitely needs more than a HS education. He needs to think before he speaks unless his goal is to look like a selfish *** which he is doing a fine job at.

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
lets just hope tmac gets healthy and see the old tmac back

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
t-mac will never pass the 1st round 'cuz hes always injured. when ppl say healthy t-mac is good, u cant really say that. u gotta say NORMAL t-mac, so wut is he more; injured? or healthy? because he is injured more than he is healthy, he can never be a winner. my gosh, if u put ai instead of t-mac they would have more success, considering t-mac was in his prime w/ houston, AND STILL NEVER PASSED THE 1ST ROUND W/ HEATLHY YAO & T-MAC. if that year, it was ai instead of t-mac, a prime AI and healthy Yao would go str8 to the finals, LOL you have to be kidding me. You prolly said the same stupid thing when AI went to Detroit and Denver...

JJ81
02-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Its true that if he replaced Pierce they'd still be as good but damn look at the team he has :confused:

Statik1
02-28-2009, 11:34 PM
His statement is about as useful as his eyes (http://msp63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/chris-steph/Ugly%20People/img422e20a9e7e0c.jpg)

codes238
02-28-2009, 11:39 PM

pierce made the conference finals with antoine walker... the other starters on that team were kenny anderson, eric williams and tony battie... tmac couldnt get out of the first round with an all-star HOF center in yao... tmac is a loser and always will be, people that even defend this guy are pretty pathetic... by the way, good job spitting in yao's face with those comments...

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Did T Mac just ask Yao to tell him how his @$$ taste? I bet Yao will appreciate those comments

CarniifeX
02-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Is Yao Ming and Ron Artest not good enough?

Ballah0liC1
02-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I hope u ****ing morons know has had is past tense, I wanted to get past this but your telling me if he had those numbers with other players that step up he wouldnt be out the first rd already, and to the rest saying tmac was in his prime when he was with carter and francis was on the same team that obviously shows u dont know ****.

FOBolous
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I hope u ****ing morons know has had is past tense, I wanted to get past this but your telling me if he had those numbers with other players that step up he wouldnt be out the first rd already, and to the rest saying tmac was in his prime when he was with carter and francis was on the same team that obviously shows u dont know ****.

average team? a team with the 2nd longest winning streak in history is "average?' a team that was consider by many to be a championship contender year after year is "average?" a team that had HCA 2 different years is "average?" a team with the perfect role player and one of the league's best perimeter defender (battier), arguable nba's best center (yao), and some of NBA's best coaches (Van Gundy and Adleman) is "average?" just because you don't know how to motivate your teammates and doesn't know how to get them involved doesn't mean your team is "average."

ragee
03-01-2009, 12:00 AM

Yeah, the Celtics became champions because of KG, Pierce and Allen... BUt that is a lame excuse for not getting a ring or even making past the first round... Dwayne Wade won the championship without anyone but an old Shaq... The Pistons won it too without any superstar... He got Yao... Saying those things are just insulting to him...

Deezy Dee 24
03-01-2009, 12:07 AM
yep hes right

xxepo
03-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I feel sory for Yao lol and tracy is a little girl :p

JordansBulls
03-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Is Yao Ming and Ron Artest not good enough?

Guess not this year.

ragee
03-01-2009, 01:56 AM
I feel sory for Yao lol and tracy is a little girl :p

Tmac is always like that... I used to like him especially when he was still a Magic... I started hating him when he started saying it was over when they are ahead by like two games... Then they end up losing the series... He did that a couple of times... And when it does not go his way, he always has excuses...

Ok, Let's say what he is saying is right... That one criteria to win a championship is two have atleast 2 or 3 superstars... Players better than Yao by the way... But does that also mean that for you to get past the first round you have to have 3 superstars? Lebron carried his team to the Finals without any teammates that is an superstar... AI did that too... Heck, KG did it too and I am sure a lot of other teams!

Tmac should man up and quit whining...

tbron
03-01-2009, 03:12 AM
shut up you 2nd round virgin.

ARMIN12NBA
03-01-2009, 03:33 AM
I guess Yao Ming and a good supporting cast is average to him. :shrug:

codes238
03-01-2009, 04:29 AM
I guess Yao Ming and a good supporting cast is average to him. :shrug:

well yea pierce had the stud antoine walker and the great, future hall of famers eric williams and tony battie the year he took the celtics to the conference finals... if tmac had those guys this year he wouldve won the championship easily!

Lakersfan2483
03-01-2009, 04:42 AM

You said Kobe never got out the first round without Gasol; after Shaq left, name another all-star player he had on his team prior to Gasol's arrival?? Kobe carried absolute worthless players (outside of Odom) to 45 wins and the playoffs. He had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown in the starting lineup. Case closed on that. Every great player needs another good player(s) to help them win. T-Mac plays with Yao (top 10 player and regarded as the no. 1 or no. 2 center in the entire NBA.) Stop making excuses for this guy, he has a loser's mentality. He has to look in the mirror and answer to the fact that he has had chances to win and has never been out of the first round. What happened that year when he had a healthy Yao and he was healthy and they could not beat Utah in the first round?? (Both he and Yao were considered top ten players at that time) He had homecourt with the best center and couldn't get out of round 1, come on??? Stop with the excuses.

abe_froman
03-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Guess not this year.

they have been,just when tracy's not there

Lakersfan2483
03-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Did T Mac just ask Yao to tell him how his @$$ taste? I bet Yao will appreciate those comments

:laugh::laugh:

Lakersfan2483
03-01-2009, 04:55 AM

I agree 100%.

codes238
03-01-2009, 05:04 AM
You said Kobe never got out the first round without Gasol; after Shaq left, name another all-star player he had on his team prior to Gasol's arrival?? Kobe carried absolute worthless players (outside of Odom) to 45 wins and the playoffs. He had Smush Parker, Kwame Brown in the starting lineup. Case closed on that. Every great player needs another good player(s) to help them win. T-Mac plays with Yao (top 10 player and regarded as the no. 1 or no. 2 center in the entire NBA.) Stop making excuses for this guy, he has a loser's mentality. He has to look in the mirror and answer to the fact that he has had chances to win and has never been out of the first round. What happened that year when he had a healthy Yao and he was healthy and they could not beat Utah in the first round?? (Both he and Yao were considered top ten players at that time) He had homecourt with the best center and couldn't get out of round 1, come on??? Stop with the excuses.

fully agree, any time youre playing with a HOF center, you cant complain about supporting cast!

ElMarroAfamado
03-01-2009, 06:34 AM
tmac is a fool
hes only played 11 years and is already wash up

do you want him to play 20?

its funny how everyone all of a sudden "hates" t-mac because the the crap that has gone on this year

and all this "lost my respect"
like if a rich athlete gives a **** what the average fan says
hahaha

skinsfan4life80
03-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Why do people act like he was loosing to great teams when he was with the magic. He was losing in the first to teams going nowhere..and we are talking 3-1. Hornets team that was bascilly him vs Baron Davis//lost 3-1 bucks lost 3-1 hell when they lost to the pistons they didnt even have Rasheed yet and hadnt won anything. TMAC fans use to always use to say if he ever had a center he would dominate..he got one and he does the samthing he always does...lose...TMAC=loser period

FOBolous
03-01-2009, 11:13 AM
do you want him to play 20?

its funny how everyone all of a sudden "hates" t-mac because the the crap that has gone on this year

and all this "lost my respect"
like if a rich athlete gives a **** what the average fan says
hahaha

he will when the sales of his apparel starts to drop

balla4life22
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
well yea pierce had the stud antoine walker and the great, future hall of famers eric williams and tony battie the year he took the celtics to the conference finals... if tmac had those guys this year he wouldve won the championship easily!

haha good point

Hustla23
03-01-2009, 12:54 PM
he will when the sales of his apparel starts to drop

The dude's worth atleast 200 million dollars. How much more money does he need? :sigh:

FOBolous
03-01-2009, 01:10 PM
The dude's worth atleast 200 million dollars. How much more money does he need? :sigh:

well over half of the players that retired from the NBA go broke...he's going to need a lot

Hustla23
03-01-2009, 01:14 PM
well over half of the players that retired from the NBA go broke...he's going to need a lot

lol I feel really sorry for T-Mac. :cry:

Let's start a T-Mac fund.

Brooke
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow T-Mac just Wow

NYstateofMinD
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
T-Mac wouldn't work with Boston because T-Mac is a SG and Ray Allen is a SG.

T-Mac is not a SF thats why Toronto didn't make a huge offer to keep him.

That's funny because Vince played SF for almost his entire career with the Raptors.

Ballah0liC1
03-01-2009, 04:54 PM

when tmac was in orlando he had darrel armstrong, andrew declerq, mike miller, steven hunter,gooden for a year,grant hill oh wait he didnt play,mike wilks,jeryl sasser,pat garrity, the *** joe amechi,troy hudson,jacque vaughn, all these guys are gone or their bench warmers.

oh wait he had patrick ewing and horace grant and shawn kemp oh wait 20 years after their prime
LETS SEE ANY PLAYER LEAD THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS 4 YRS IN A ROW

Ballah0liC1
03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
:bang:Here is a old post of mine and it seems like a good place to put this.
to prove every year but this year in which we have great players and this is the best team weve had in a while of starters and role players.

Yeah i quess u mean ryan bowen was a solid player, jon barry, david wesley, juwan howard, too bad we brought all them in at about the age of 37 should I keep going well I will anyways scott padgett, weatherspoon, charlie ward, norris, taylor, cato, jackson these all sound like great players. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

the names i didnt mention mobley, francis, sura, james, and look where these players r now. :confused::confused:

Oh yeah swift and anderson and wells also worked out pretty good right they lasted like a yr or less.

So before u open ur mouth do this first :bang:
Take out cato francis and mobley cause they didnt play with tmac

IDB Josh M
03-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Thats terrible! I remember in 2004, I was lobbeying to get T-Mac with the lakers, and ship Kobe out so he could play with Shaq. Thank Goodness they didn't make that deal.

FOBolous
03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
to prove every year but this year in which we have great players and this is the best team weve had in a while of starters and role players.

Yeah i quess u mean ryan bowen was a solid player, jon barry, david wesley, juwan howard, too bad we brought all them in at about the age of 37 should I keep going well I will anyways scott padgett, weatherspoon, charlie ward, norris, taylor, cato, jackson these all sound like great players. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

the names i didnt mention mobley, francis, sura, james, and look where these players r now. :confused::confused:

Oh yeah swift and anderson and wells also worked out pretty good right they lasted like a yr or less.

The guy had all the help he ever need...a team with the 2nd longest winning streak in history is "average?"....11 of those were without Yao, and 8 of which were won despite him having bad games shooting well below 40%. A team that was consider by many to be a championship contender year after year is "average?" Him, along with his "average" teammates, got home court advantage in the playoffs TWICE. and seriously...how can you consider Battier (one of the league's best defender) and Yao (arguably the best center in the nba) be "average" teammates? In addition to Battier and Yao, he's surrounded by several pretty solid 3 pts shooters. If either lebron or kobe has battier, yao, and all the other "average" teammates Tmac has...they would've won the championship a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago

The supporting cast that Tmac has had the privilege to play with would make '03 Kevin Garnet (reached the WCF), '00 Iverson (reached the Finals) , 'and 02 Pierce drool (reached the ECF). Heck, forget what happened in the past...the support cast Tmac has had the privilege to play with would make Lebron James drool and STILL would make Lebron James drool.

just because you don't know how to motivate your teammates and doesn't know how to get them involved doesn't mean your team is "average."

SteveNash
03-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Tracy had a good enough team to match the same record as the Hornets, lost 3-1.

Tracy had a good enough team to take a 3-1 over Detroit, couldn't get it done.

Tracy had a good enough team to take a 2-0 lead going back home against Dallas.

Tracy twice has had a good enough team to have a better record than the Jazz couldn't get it done.

KnicksorBust
03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
it's simple to me, if he had gotten out of the first round, ONCE, we wouldn't have this much ammo.

JordansBulls
03-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Doesn't he have like 7 kids away from his wife?

Lakersfan2483
03-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Tracy twice has had a good enough team to have a better record than the Jazz couldn't get it done.

Agreed.

gcoll
03-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Maybe if T-Mac got that weird eye fixed he'd have better success.

Kabowdos
03-01-2009, 09:57 PM

You feel like crust. HOU is done. Artest is done. T-Mac is done. Enjoy for the next few seasons. I will because LAL is going to win the championship at least twice probably 4 times.

FOBolous
03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
You feel like crust. HOU is done. Artest is done. T-Mac is done. Enjoy for the next few seasons. I will because LAL is going to win the championship at least twice probably 4 times.

now that was uncalled for...houston is NOT done

Ballah0liC1
03-02-2009, 12:27 AM

ur a laker fan who would of thought for some reason everyone here is a laker or celtics bandwagoners

Verbal Christ
03-02-2009, 09:01 AM

that is the most ******** posting in the history of PSD. its cool to ride the Lake Show wagon, but to say the #3 seed in the west is done, Artest is done really? (he's averaging like 26 PPG since McGrady left), then you went from saying something far-fetched but logical in that the Lakers may win 2 rings in the next few years, to DOUBLING the prediction to 4!!! HAHAHAHA wow, i've read some zingers on here but this one without a doubt is ranked #1 for queef of the year.

JordansBulls
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM

The Utah series and Dallas series are inexcusable.

zambo4president
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Atleast hes confident in his teammates. Oh wait.

dgreat5000
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
5- Yao, all star every year in the league, 7'7 and can dominate almost every center in the league.
4- Louis Scola- Solid player with a outside jumper, can rebound well down low.
3- Shane Battier- Lock down defender. Capable of guard the other teams best perimeter player. Able to knock down open 3 pt. shot
2- TMAC
1- Rafer Alston- Good perimeter shooter, strong dribbling skills. Good Assist to turnover ratio. Great play-off performer

Tmac has the pieces, if you put Pael Pierce on this time, he might be able to get it done...Tmac is a bum who always tries to make lame excuses. the team has been there they just haven't been able to win

JordansBulls
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
5- Yao, all star every year in the league, 7'7 and can dominate almost every center in the league.
4- Louis Scola- Solid player with a outside jumper, can rebound well down low.
3- Shane Battier- Lock down defender. Capable of guard the other teams best perimeter player. Able to knock down open 3 pt. shot
2- TMAC
1- Rafer Alston- Good perimeter shooter, strong dribbling skills. Good Assist to turnover ratio. Great play-off performer

Tmac has the pieces, if you put Pael Pierce on this time, he might be able to get it done...Tmac is a bum who always tries to make lame excuses. the team has been there they just haven't been able to win

Especially in 2007 when Mcgrady was just taking jump shots in the 4th quarter with the Jazz in the penalty.

Chronz
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Holy **** on a pedestal, I chose the wrong weekend to go SD, I cant believe I missed out on this debate. Well Id rather not go through 100 pages of crap so if anyone wants to start the debate with me Ill be more than obliged to help them. The man is right, his teams have always been average when he was IN his prime his teams have always overachieved with him at the helm, and if you have a healthy Tmac hes atleast as good as Pierce.

There are different contexts being applied here.

69centers
03-02-2009, 06:06 PM
The team he had last year, and the team he had this year are definitely above average teams. Had everyone stayed healthy (like his own damn self this year) he had a chance either year to win it all. There are guys who've played their whole careers without even playing alonside a Yao Ming type guy or decent team. He shouldn't have made a statement like that because it isn't true. He's been the inconsistent one.

What about if he stayed in Toronto?

JayAllDay
03-02-2009, 06:31 PM
So TMAC's pretty much the new Stephon Marbury?

No... cuz Marburied is still playing basketball.

TMAC can't jump over a stack of phone books after 5 minutes into the game. He might be done.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
he was a free agent he had a choice to sign where he wanted and he chose orlando its his fault

JordansBulls
03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
he was a free agent he had a choice to sign where he wanted and he chose orlando its his fault

Didn't he leave because he wanted to be the man?

Ballah0liC1
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Didn't he leave because he wanted to be the man?

NO he was expecting to play with grant hill

pebloemer
03-02-2009, 11:34 PM

I agree mostly. He isn't totally right - he has definitely had better than average teams, but when I look at the teams he has had it doesn't compare with Spurs, Lakers or Boston. And that is the measuring stick.

FOBolous
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
NO he was expecting to play with grant hill

so prime Vince Carter wasn't good enough?

Ballah0liC1
03-02-2009, 11:52 PM

vince was in his second year and he started over tmac and doug cristie was the starting sg

Fire&Ice2&33
03-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Im with you T-Mac

Chronz
03-03-2009, 09:32 PM

See folks, when logic fails you, just keep repeating the same flawed argument over and over. VC was good enough, sadly Toronto wasnt HOME, had Vince been in Orlando he still wouldve gone to Orlando. He had no problem sharing the spot light, he just didnt want to do so in Toronto.

Chronz
03-03-2009, 09:35 PM
vince was in his second year and he started over tmac and doug cristie was the starting sg
To start the year, by the end of the season Tmac was starting alongside Vince and Christie, all 3 of them would handle the PG duties from time to time, it was a fun team to watch filled with potential. Tmac left a great situation but it wasnt where his heart was at, he and Hill had planned on going to Orlando together so it looked like their potential for success there was even greater. Its not like he pulled a Joe Johnson and left a contending team to join a perennial loser. He wanted to build a dynasty in Orlando, its not his fault Grant Hills doctors ****ed him over.

Beno7500
03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
this furthers my reasoning for hating him

Chaudhry
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
See folks, when logic fails you, just keep repeating the same flawed argument over and over. VC was good enough, sadly Toronto wasnt HOME, had Vince been in Orlando he still wouldve gone to Orlando. He had no problem sharing the spot light, he just didnt want to do so in Toronto.

im gonna have to disagree with that... he wanted more of the ball and butch carter made it clear he wasn't gonna get that... yea Orlando was a bonus but he knew he would have never reached his potential with carter on his team... grant hill is a completely different type of player had Hill not gotten injured Mcgrady would have still been able to grow as he had...

Kaptain Kanada
03-03-2009, 09:50 PM
He is 4th all time in playoff ppg. How is that not showing up?

Read the post before you... very well explained:

like i said before...houston fail in the playoffs not because the houston team were "average" but because he becomes a ball hog in the playoffs. Tmac hogs the ball and tried to do everything himself in the playoffs to prove how "great" he is every time...that's why his numbers ALWAYS increase in the playoffs but the numbers of his teammates ALWAYS gets worse.

Kakaroach
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM

like i said before...houston fail in the playoffs not because the houston team were "average" but because he becomes a ball hog in the playoffs. Tmac hogs the ball and tried to do everything himself in the playoffs to prove how "great" he is every time...that's why his numbers ALWAYS increase in the playoffs but the numbers of his teammates ALWAYS gets worse. He had a legit excuse last year because Yao was out, and in Orlando he was the only guy who was any good....

Chaudhry
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM

he has a 43% fg percentage in the playoffs and 43.6% during the regular season... he averages 6.2 assists per game in the playoffs... he's not more of a hog... honestly by the numbers it seems that he teammates just don't show up in the playoffs...

Chronz
03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
im gonna have to disagree with that... he wanted more of the ball and butch carter made it clear he wasn't gonna get that... yea Orlando was a bonus but he knew he would have never reached his potential with carter on his team... grant hill is a completely different type of player had Hill not gotten injured Mcgrady would have still been able to grow as he had...
Carter was the reason Tmac developed a great work ethic, he made him earn his spot in the starting lineup and demanded everyone put in the extra time after practice in the weight room. He was awarding Tmac with more PT and more responsibilities, by the end of the year Tmac was becoming a featured player. There is absolutely no chance they were going to give Tmac his huge contract and not make use of his skills.

Vince and Hill account for roughly the same amount of possessions, and Hill actually dominates the ball more than Vince did, it was why Doc was worried that their games wouldnt mesh so well because he envisioned them both being Scottie Pippen type players, when he saw Tmacs improved shooting touch the fears vanshed. Vince in his prime was more of an off-the ball threat than Hill was, allowing Tmac to handle the PG duties he loved to display if he wasnt the main scoring threat. Tmac says he wouldnt have become the player he became without the coaching staff in Orlando so I agree he may not have reached his full potential in Toronto, but it definitely wasnt due to Vince's game, or his coach allegedly not wanting him to be a more of threat.

Tmac had that abilty to play with anyone.

Chronz
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM

Who exactly was suppose to take the ball out of Tmac's hands in Houston? His first playoff series with Houston was the best of his career, Yao wasnt anywhere near being a dominant player by then, the following series Yao was visibly exhausted and could only muster around 33MPG and was being abused defensively, Tmac was on his own as well that series and was running the offense JVG had wanted, Landry and Scola werent around at that time or else they wouldve had the necessary depth to compete with a team as multifaceted as Utah, the following after that Yao wasnt even around. So I ask you, who was the nut job you quoted?

Chaudhry
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Carter was the reason Tmac developed a great work ethic, he made him earn his spot in the starting lineup and demanded everyone put in the extra time after practice in the weight room. He was awarding Tmac with more PT and more responsibilities, by the end of the year Tmac was becoming a featured player. There is absolutely no chance they were going to give Tmac his huge contract and not make use of his skills.

Vince and Hill account for roughly the same amount of possessions, and Hill actually dominates the ball more than Vince did, it was why Doc was worried that their games wouldnt mesh so well because he envisioned them both being Scottie Pippen type players, when he saw Tmacs improved shooting touch the fears vanshed. Vince in his prime was more of an off-the ball threat than Hill was, allowing Tmac to handle the PG duties he loved to display if he wasnt the main scoring threat. Tmac says he wouldnt have become the player he became without the coaching staff in Orlando so I agree he may not have reached his full potential in Toronto, but it definitely wasnt due to Vince's game, or his coach allegedly not wanting him to be a more of threat.

Tmac had that abilty to play with anyone.

wow... I'm honestly impressed... i didn't think ne one knew about the raptors of old...

anyways... i dunno where u got ur info and it maybe more reliable then mine but i distinctly remember reading that butch carter was stifling Tmacs growth because he felt him and vince were essentially the same players and Vince was the better of the two... carter took over as head coach during the 97-98 season and thats season stoudamire was traded... stoudamire said he enjoyed playing in toronto and wanted to continue playing there but was essentially pushed out by toronto coaches and upper management...

the exact same thing happened with Camby... he also had a falling out with Carter and was gone after the 97-98 season
(this topic got me thinking... their lineup in 98-99 should have been
pg-stoudamire/billups
sg-carter/cristie
sf-mcgrady
pf-kevin willis?
c-camby
but thats another topic)

but again i can't remember exactly where i read this so i may be wrong... can ne one confirm?

Fire&Ice2&33
03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Tracy lamar mcgrady

Fire&Ice2&33
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Who exactly was suppose to take the ball out of Tmac's hands in Houston? His first playoff series with Houston was the best of his career, Yao wasnt anywhere near being a dominant player by then, the following series Yao was visibly exhausted and could only muster around 33MPG and was being abused defensively, Tmac was on his own as well that series and was running the offense JVG had wanted, Landry and Scola werent around at that time or else they wouldve had the necessary depth to compete with a team as multifaceted as Utah, the following after that Yao wasnt even around. So I ask you, who was the nut job you quoted?

EXACTLY.....SMART MAN :clap::D

Chronz
03-03-2009, 11:45 PM
wow... I'm honestly impressed... i didn't think ne one knew about the raptors of old...

anyways... i dunno where u got ur info and it maybe more reliable then mine but i distinctly remember reading that butch carter was stifling Tmacs growth because he felt him and vince were essentially the same players and Vince was the better of the two... carter took over as head coach during the 97-98 season and thats season stoudamire was traded... stoudamire said he enjoyed playing in toronto and wanted to continue playing there but was essentially pushed out by toronto coaches and upper management...

the exact same thing happened with Camby... he also had a falling out with Carter and was gone after the 97-98 season
(this topic got me thinking... their lineup in 98-99 should have been
pg-stoudamire/billups
sg-carter/cristie
sf-mcgrady
pf-kevin willis?
c-camby
but thats another topic)

but again i can't remember exactly where i read this so i may be wrong... can ne one confirm?

I have the SI links from 1999 Ill pm them to you if you wish, Butch was actually the favored coach of both Vince and Tmac. At that point in time Tmac wasnt going to get too much PT but as the year progressed he wouldnt trust anyone else to in bound on set plays, he wouldnt count on anyone else to defend the opposing teams best player, Tmac was earning his trust. I dont see any viable reason why that wouldnt continue as Tmac improved as a player. If I recall correctly wasnt Stoudemire traded to make room for Tmac?

JordansBulls
03-04-2009, 12:06 AM

Yao didn't become the go to guy until last season.

Chronz
03-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I dont know what your trying to say, Yao had his highest usage seasons under JVG. Adelman has taken the ball out of Yao's hands more than anyone ever has before, and hes responded by posting a career best in True Shooting%.