PDA

View Full Version : If the MVP dies...

Spurred1
02-28-2009, 03:26 AM
I was thinking about the Oscars and Heath Ledger's win. His Oscar will go to his child when she becomes of age, since Ledger himself is dead. So this brought up the question...
If the player who is selected as the year's MVP dies before the actual announcement, would his family get the award or would the MVP go to the runner up? Which would you prefer?
Strange questions, but humor me.

king4day
02-28-2009, 03:28 AM
If they gave it to the runner up just because the would be MVP passed away, that'd be an insult to the true winner and would likely lead to many people turning away from the game.
It'd just go to next of kin or something I'm sure.

abe_froman
02-28-2009, 03:31 AM
I was thinking about the Oscars and Heath Ledger's win. His Oscar will go to his child when she becomes of age, since Ledger himself is dead. So this brought up the question...
If the player who is selected as the year's MVP dies before the actual announcement, would his family get the award or would the MVP go to the runner up? Which would you prefer?
Strange questions, but humor me.

he still gets the mvp,they give the actual thing to wife/kids/family.but it still goes down in the books as him winning it,so no it doesnt go to runner up or anything

KB24PG16
02-28-2009, 03:35 AM
the mvp would be given to me

vladdy#27
02-28-2009, 03:58 AM
the mvp would be given to me

no probably me

cambovenzi
02-28-2009, 04:00 AM
if they already did the voting, then i would assume it would go to the family.

how about we dont plan on the MVP dying, eh?

theuuord
02-28-2009, 04:18 AM
No runner-up would EVER accept an MVP Award due to the death of a fellow player. No matter how much he wanted it. It would be the worst publicity move ever.

The MVP award would probably be renamed in that player's honor if that ever happened. Or something.

Lakers09
02-28-2009, 04:19 AM
haha this is such a funny topic...how would he die? that the real question be creative!

Spurred1
02-28-2009, 04:24 AM
if they already did the voting, then i would assume it would go to the family.

how about we dont plan on the MVP dying, eh?

Nobody wants the MVP(or any players for that matter) to die. But anything can happen. Car crash(esp. driving drunk), heart malfunction, stroke, drug overdose, murder, brain tumors, leukemia and other cancers, severe food poisoning, suicide, accidental falls, etc,etc...

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 08:42 AM
It would go to his family since he won it.

junion
02-28-2009, 08:50 AM
haha this is such a funny topic...how would he die? that the real question be creative!

1) he gets severe poisoning in sacramento

2) he jumps so high when dunking that his face hits the rim, and causes his to go to the hospital in new york, while the new york dr is mad that he didn't go to play there, and instead stayed on his current team, so the dr doesn't do enough to save him

3) the mvp raises the trophy, and it tilts back and hits the mvp in the head, causing death

either way, the mvp would die on the top.

Cromedome
02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Just as he's about to receive the award for M.V.P ...he'd slip on a basketball and fall down hard. Since the Nba is playing by the Miss America beauty pageant rules...the M.v.p award WOULD IN FACT be handed down to the second runner up.

Later on ..it would be found out that the second runner up had something to do with the first runner up's death and ultimately the award would go the 3rd runner up (whom we find out in the end ...somehow plotted it all from the start) .

JJ81
02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
When does he pass away? If he died a couple of weeks or a month before it is awarded, it would probably increase his chances of winning it.

Hustla23
02-28-2009, 12:27 PM
LOL

Talk about random threads wow.