PDA

View Full Version : Help Build This Community!

MetsFan19
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Look guys I Love my islanders
i love talking about them
we need more people in this board

so all i ask
is if you know anyone who might be interested in talking about islanders hockey

please direct them to the islanders forum

thank you !!!

tsunami
02-28-2009, 01:59 AM
i think that i might also help if more people like yourself also took the initiative to post more threads. i've come in here quite often only to find no new threads for days (and it gives you the feeling that maybe no one cares).

NDMets57
02-28-2009, 02:39 AM
^New threads are annoying if you can put it in one there already is, the problem is people definitely. And then people havent posed ever certain amount of hours so people dont bother reading or posting etc... we need people... same thing happened in the Rams forum I'm in, we just talked more witht he little people we had, we had reason to talk about stuff for the offseason and more and more members joined.. just be interesting and make people who look at it stop and want to respond..

MetsFan19
02-28-2009, 02:54 AM
See we dont have a mod in this forum to merge threads and delete threads

when threads fall under a topic of another thread then it should be merged

no need for new threads EVERYDAY

just new ideas and subjects

just keep posting and keep recruiting

cynomatic
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Any time you need a thread merge ..contact a mod or NHL TM

I think this year of losing is a blessing for NYI ..they should get a Franchise player in Tavaras or Hedman ...they will have a few nice peice to build around in Oskposo and Baily plus a healthy Dipeitro will go along way ...If they get Tavaras they could be the next caps in few yrs

DennisC
03-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Any time you need a thread merge ..contact a mod or NHL TM

I think this year of losing is a blessing for NYI ..they should get a Franchise player in Tavaras or Hedman ...they will have a few nice peice to build around in Oskposo and Baily plus a healthy Dipeitro will go along way ...If they get Tavaras they could be the next caps in few yrs

Most def this is just the start of making a excellent hockey team. But a few things worry me about the new york islanders. I'm all about rebuilding the team with younger guys who have the grit and passion to play and win games, but doesn't every good hockey team need that veteran player to help direct the young guys in the right direction? Honestly I think Billy makes a excellent captain. I just hope the Islanders consider that.

cynomatic
03-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Welcome to PSD DennisC

I think there game plan is bring in this vet's like Gurien and Weight to play with the kids and teach them how to be pros ...but when it comes down to the deadline trade them for pics and prospects and than resign more vets in the offseason until they build a solid foundation

JJOY60
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I love the islanders, but in order for us to establish a better fan base Wang has gotta just step up and say flat out, "hey we're not leaving, Long Island is our home". Until then we're always gonna be playing second fiddle to the Rangers. Hopefully we build our team up in the next couple of seasons and win some cups

tsunami
03-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Hopefully we build our team up in the next couple of seasons and win some cups

that's a nice idea... i was hoping they would win some playoff series and build from that... but we'll go with your idea

NDMets57
03-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Cyno I love the Jay and Silent Bob sig...