PDA

View Full Version : What is Patrick O'Bryant made of?

SammyJ
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
What do you see in Patrick O'Bryant as potential good backup center next year? He was a lottery pick but remember two teams have passed on him (GS and Celt).

Ragun
02-28-2009, 12:38 AM
he sucks.

koreancabbage
02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
he does

it was my fault before to pass judgment- i said it was an amazing pick-up- before i saw him in real action in Toronto

now, he's a scrub. he has no intensity to his game. i really thought he could be a Chandler type of player.

greg_ory_2005
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Well, he has good length....that's about it.

td0tsfinest
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
he has a lot of potential just I don't see any passion or determination from the guy. I remember seeing him on the bench last game, while the rest of the guys were up and jumping around, he was either sitting down or getting up and softly clapping. I didn't think much of the trade; I thought he was just brought in to be a sparing partner with Jawaii

ink
02-28-2009, 12:52 AM
^ I agree. Remember who we got him for. We traded Solomon for a guy who was a first round bust. We didn't give up much to give the guy a look.

Our lack of depth among bigs definitely got exposed tonight.

Parker rifled him a perfect pass right under the basket and it went right through his hands. He was wide open for a dunk too.

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 12:55 AM
he sucks.

lol he does

koreancabbage
02-28-2009, 01:22 AM
he has a lot of potential just I don't see any passion or determination from the guy. I remember seeing him on the bench last game, while the rest of the guys were up and jumping around, he was either sitting down or getting up and softly clapping. I didn't think much of the trade; I thought he was just brought in to be a sparing partner with Jawaii

ACTUALLY, he was the only one standing up and clapping the last game in Minny

EDIT: against Minny, in Toronto

SammyJ
03-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Well I think he will be with the team next year. Can't say same for Jawai

certain fool
03-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Disagree. Jawai will get a long look with the team. He's very raw. But, huge. You can tell he just loves to be out there. Maybe he doesn't have the talent. But, he shows the mindset of a player that wants to get better.

POB has the tools. But, he also is one.

JermanJaysFan
03-01-2009, 01:43 AM
...sigh...being a science major is getting to me. When I saw this, the first thing that popped to my mind was this: About 60% oxygen, 20% carbon, 10% hydrogen, by mass.

But in response to what SammyJ was asking- it remains to be seen, as with all legit 7-footers, but as of now he doesn't look overly promising. He looks like he can move pretty well, and he had a nice swat, and he is of course big, but aside from that I don't know what to compliment him on.

250 to 416
03-01-2009, 02:45 AM
he does

it was my fault before to pass judgment- i said it was an amazing pick-up- before i saw him in real action in Toronto

now, he's a scrub. he has no intensity to his game. i really thought he could be a Chandler type of player.

Remember Keon Clark.Give the man a minute.Oh yeah Brags sucked until November now its all love:clap:

B2B
03-01-2009, 04:08 AM
^ I agree. Remember who we got him for. We traded Solomon for a guy who was a first round bust. We didn't give up much to give the guy a look.

Our lack of depth among bigs definitely got exposed tonight.

Parker rifled him a perfect pass right under the basket and it went right through his hands. He was wide open for a dunk too.

Our depth? Suns front court consisted of C- Shaq, PF- Grant hill 6'8", SF- Barnes 6'7" & a unknown PF- Admundson 6' 9" coming off the bench. I thought Suns were the ones lacking depth with Amare out, guess not.

Shaq was Pheonix's lone bigman. None else was over 6'9".

What got exposed in our front court was our overall toughness, Pheonix was the ones lacking depth.

raptor fan
03-01-2009, 10:48 AM
he's not going to contribute much. i still think it was a good trade on B.C's part because we gave up a guy we were going to waive anyway in solomon, and got back a big with some "potential". sure its very likely that he's never going to reach even a fraction of his potential coming out of college, but it was a small deal with limited risk. he's not a bad guy to be the 15th man on a roster, but when he's competing with jake voskuhl for time at the backup C position, there's definately a problem.