PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals re-sign QB Brian St. Pierre to a one-year, $1 million contract

TheRedMarauder
02-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Cardinals re-signed QB Brian St. Pierre to a one-year, $1 million contract.

Arizona's third-stringer gets a nice raise after he made the play call on the "Philly Special" flea flicker that resulted in Larry Fitzgerald's 62-yard touchdown against the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.

rotoworld

josephb
03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
So the third-string QB calls plays from the sidelines now and then?

chadillachembre
03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
st. pierre is the biggest joke. i have no idea how he hung around in pittsburgh so long and now hes hangin in az. the dude is livin the good life. makin a mil for being a glorified fan

krazytaz312
03-02-2009, 10:36 AM
This is the best we can do? Why spend $0.50 on this guy when we have too many key players we need to resign. Let's focus on Dansby, Warner, Boldin, Wilson before we spend a penny on a third string QB. Besides, there are going to be some good ones in the draft this year. Several of which could fall to the late rounds and be available for the Cards to draft. It would not surprise me if some of them even became free agents after going undrafted. Let's get our priorities straight.

krazytaz312
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
This is the best we can do? Why spend $0.50 on this guy when we have too many key players we need to resign. Let's focus on Dansby, Warner, Boldin, Wilson before we spend a penny on a third string QB. Besides, there are going to be some good ones in the draft this year. Several of which could fall to the late rounds and be available for the Cards to draft. It would not surprise me if some of them even became free agents after going undrafted. Let's get our priorities straight.

I meant Dockett, not Dansby. Not enough coffee yet!!! :)

chadillachembre
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
your right its dansby who is a FA

TheRedMarauder
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
The Cardinals coaching staff allegedly told Brian St. Pierre that he'll have a chance to compete with Matt Leinart for the club's backup QB job.

The report comes from St. Pierre's wishful hometown paper. "I got a raise and (coach Ken Whisenhunt) said he'd let me compete with Matt Leinart for the No. 2 job," St. Pierre is quoted as saying. "I trust the coach." St. Pierre has four career attempts, and none since 2004. Leinart shouldn't be worried.

rotoworld

chadillachembre
03-04-2009, 10:07 PM
if the cardinals could possibly be lingering leinart in trade scenarios this report hurts any of the value he had.

FreedomReigns
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
It's not a great signing but it's not terrible either. St. Pierre knows the offense and you shouldn't really put a price on that. Especially when you have a coaching staff who's willing to listen and possibly act on a players suggestions.

This doesn't mean the Cardinals won't bring somebody else in to compete for the third spot via free agency or draft. Sorry but I just don't see the issue with this signing.