PDA

View Full Version : tracy mcgrady

codes238
02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
to me what this guy has done this season is unbelievable and the fact that more people and fans arent completely outraged at his actions is even more shocking!!! obviously we know he doesnt have high morals since he quit on his teammates in orlando despite making max money but what he's done this year is unreal. bill simmons puts it better than i could in his most recent article about why there will be a strike in 2011:

"Nobody loves basketball more than me. I mean, NOBODY. But when an NBA player with two years remaining on his contract for a total of $44 million shows up for the season out of shape, complains most of the year, lets down his teammates and fans again and again, lands in some trade rumors and decides, "Instead of getting traded to a team I don't like, I'm going to announce that I'm getting microfracture surgery four days before the trade deadline and kill any potential trade, and even better, I'll be healed by next spring, just in time to showcase myself for another contract," and successfully pulls this off -- with no repercussions from anybody -- then yes, the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Because that was disgusting. Tracy McGrady, you are officially indefensible for the rest of eternity. Even your cousin Vince wouldn't have done that. And that's saying something."

dgreat5000
02-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeaaa I'm with him. I think he would have been considered for HOF if it wasn't for this craziness!! His career is over. I hope when he's a free-agent nobody signs him! You know your a cancer when YAO has problems with you.

VCaintdead17
02-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I think he has more mental health issues now than physical. He needs to work through his problems

codes238
02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeaaa I'm with him. I think he would have been considered for HOF if it wasn't for this craziness!! His career is over. I hope when he's a free-agent nobody signs him! You know your a cancer when YAO has problems with you.

he's not crazy thats the thing! marbury is crazy so you can hate him but you also feel kind of bad for him because he's a mental midget... mcgrady is just a disgusting ***hole and has absolutely no morals or conscience...

FOBolous
02-27-2009, 10:26 PM
i do know a lot of Rockets fan who are angry at mcgrady and wants him off the team but unfortuantely, theres a lot of Tmac groupy fan boys out there who's in love with McGrady and won't stop making excuses for him.

codes238
02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
i do know a lot of Rockets fan who are angry at mcgrady and wants him off the team but unfortuantely, theres a lot of Tmac groupy fan boys out there who's in love with McGrady and won't stop making excuses for him.

see thats whats unreal to me... i dont even like the rockets and im absolutely disguted by him not just as an NBA player but as a human being... he symbolizes absolutely everything that is wrong with the NBA! i dont possibly understand how any rocket fan could not hate his guts at this point!

dgreat5000
02-27-2009, 10:35 PM
yeaaa the Loyal Tmac fans are gonna stay on his jock!!!! but eventually they have to see that this guy is not good for any team!! Outta shape, bad attitude, and plays like he ages a year every minute...get this guy outta here

FOBolous
02-27-2009, 10:40 PM
see thats whats unreal to me... i dont even like the rockets and im absolutely disguted by him not just as an NBA player but as a human being... he symbolizes absolutely everything that is wrong with the NBA! i dont possibly understand how any rocket fan could not hate his guts at this point!

EVERY SINGLE rockets fan hate him. the only people that still make excuses for him are tmac fan boys. there's a difference. please don't lump us together in one group. it's insulting.

Chronz
02-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Let me know if I got this straight, you read Bill Simmons article and thought hey nobodies made a thread on it, proceded to side with the guy and didnt look up the facts yourself? Tmac didnt do it on purpose, he did it to get healthy. He tried to play through the injury, it didnt work, Doctors failed him, and now hes getting it fixed. The idea that Tmac WANTS to undergo a potentially career ending injury is absurd.

Only the Tmac haters/ignorant or stubborn will blame him for that, get your facts straight, the Doctors have already admitted their mistakes, its time to move on.

FOBolous
02-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Let me know if I got this straight, you read Bill Simmons article and thought hey nobodies made a thread on it, proceded to side with the guy and didnt look up the facts yourself? Tmac didnt do it on purpose, he did it to get healthy. He tried to play through the injury, it didnt work, Doctors failed him, and now hes getting it fixed. The idea that Tmac WANTS to undergo a potentially career ending injury is absurd.

Only the Tmac haters/ignorant or stubborn will blame him for that, get your facts straight, the Doctors have already admitted their mistakes, its time to move on.

doesn't matter if the doctors were right or wrong...what matters is all the drama he created.

GodsSon
02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
T-mac is a *****...plain and simple...he whined his way off the raptors cause he was in VC's shadow...exploded the first few years in Orlando before quitting on them, and now he's keeping up his antics in H-town...face it, the guy is a born loser and a reason he's never been out of the first round; frankly, i want the Rockets to do well in the post-season this year just to spite him.

albertc86
02-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I think McGrady knows that a ring isn't in his future. In my opinion, the guy needs to step away from the game for a year or two, then return healthy to redeem himself.

BenFrank
02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
to me what this guy has done this season is unbelievable and the fact that more people and fans arent completely outraged at his actions is even more shocking!!! obviously we know he doesnt have high morals since he quit on his teammates in orlando despite making max money but what he's done this year is unreal. bill simmons puts it better than i could in his most recent article about why there will be a strike in 2011:

"Nobody loves basketball more than me. I mean, NOBODY. But when an NBA player with two years remaining on his contract for a total of $44 million shows up for the season out of shape, complains most of the year, lets down his teammates and fans again and again, lands in some trade rumors and decides, "Instead of getting traded to a team I don't like, I'm going to announce that I'm getting microfracture surgery four days before the trade deadline and kill any potential trade, and even better, I'll be healed by next spring, just in time to showcase myself for another contract," and successfully pulls this off -- with no repercussions from anybody -- then yes, the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Because that was disgusting. Tracy McGrady, you are officially indefensible for the rest of eternity. Even your cousin Vince wouldn't have done that. And that's saying something."

Agree 1000% :mad:

codes238
02-27-2009, 11:11 PM

perfect example of being delusional right here... all that the doctors said was that he would experience a lot of discomfort in his kneee this year because the cartilage which formed would essentially need to get broken down through activity... we all know his pain tolerance is really low so whatever but he didnt have to be a drama queen and mess with the team so much! there is no chance that the injury will get worse... youre telling me that kobe or wade would pass on a chance to compete for a championship with an extremely talented team in order to get surgery and get healthy for their contract year!? also i dont understand how you can possibly defend his decision to announce that he was getting the surgery 3 days before the trading deadline so that the rockets could do absolutely nothing with him... by the way he announced the decision to the media before he even notified his own team!!! that makes sense to you!? also he hasnt gotten the surgery yet and noone known for sure when or even if he will get it!

honestly i can understand when you ride kobe's nuts cause at least he's a great player and he gives his heart and soul when he plays, but defending and cheering for someone like mcgrady!? i honestly cant understand that... the ironic thing is that tmac is such a loser i actually think the rockets are a better team without him and that they actually have a pretty good chance of getting out of the first round without him...

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I am a TRACY LAMAR McGRADY fan 4ever!!!! He cant help that he has to get surgery...stop hatin on him...He hasnt done well in the post-season because he never had nobody really!!! 28 pts in the playoffs come on,only MJ and A.I. avg more!! Call him whatever yall want,but you cant take his talent from him...When he finish his career he will be a H.O.F.

When he got to the Raptors nobody came to their games 4real,he made people come!!! Yeah he has been bother by injuries,and still go out and make people double team him!! He is a threat to every team as long as he is on the court!

codes238
02-27-2009, 11:16 PM
I am a TRACY LAMAR McGRADY fan 4ever!!!! He cant help that he has to get surgery...stop hatin on him...He hasnt done well in the post-season because he never had nobody really!!! 28 pts in the playoffs come on,only MJ and A.I. avg more!! Call him whatever yall want,but you cant take his talent from him...When he finish his career he will be a H.O.F.

When he got to the Raptors nobody came to their games 4real,he made people come!!! Yeah he has been bother by injuries,and still go out and make people double team him!! He is a threat to every team as long as he is on the court!

hahahahahaha i really hope this is sarcasm!

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 11:21 PM
hahahahahaha i really hope this is sarcasm!

Serious!!!!! I LOVE FOR EVERYBODY TO HATE ON T-MAC

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 11:24 PM
7 straight playoffs losses...He goes out and put his all in the game no matter what

dougie5627
02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
when he does finally get the surgery maybe they could give him a spine hmmmm :shrug:

codes238
02-27-2009, 11:31 PM
when he does finally get the surgery maybe they could give him a spine hmmmm :shrug:

that wont do much, he'll still need a heart and testacles...

Chronz
02-27-2009, 11:49 PM
doesn't matter if the doctors were right or wrong...what matters is all the drama he created.
Yea it doesnt matter if the drama was a result of negligence, the doctors TOLD HIM to play. That it would get better by playing, that they cleared him to play even though he was obviously not ready.

There is no drama if the people are correctly informed, but instead people would rather believe Tmac is making it all up.

Chronz
02-27-2009, 11:52 PM
T-mac is a *****...plain and simple...he whined his way off the raptors cause he was in VC's shadow...exploded the first few years in Orlando before quitting on them, and now he's keeping up his antics in H-town...face it, the guy is a born loser and a reason he's never been out of the first round; frankly, i want the Rockets to do well in the post-season this year just to spite him.

Spoken like a true hater with little facts to back him up, first of all. He left the Raps because they are in Toronto, he went HOME to play ALONGSIDE Hill, he knew it was going to be his team, he just wanted to be somewhere where his heart was at. He gave them the best years of his career and they repaid him by surrounding him with the likes of Declerq and Steven Hunter, not that it was all their fault, its hard to get players when Hill is crippling your salary year after year, but their failures in the draft were absurd.

FOBolous
02-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Yea it doesnt matter if the drama was a result of negligence, the doctors TOLD HIM to play. That it would get better by playing, that they cleared him to play even though he was obviously not ready.

There is no drama if the people are correctly informed, but instead people would rather believe Tmac is making it all up.

the drama he created isn't limited to just his injuries...his drama was also with his teammates among many other issues. you're dellusional if you thought the injuries were the only drama

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
perfect example of being delusional right here...
Incorrect, allow me to educate you....

all that the doctors said was that he would experience a lot of discomfort in his kneee this year because the cartilage which formed would essentially need to get broken down through activity...
First mistake right here, the pain was natural what wasnt, was the lack of scar tissue. The reason he is getting MF is because cartilage was NOT FORMING.

we all know his pain tolerance is really low so whatever but he didnt have to be a drama queen and mess with the team so much! there is no chance that the injury will get worse...
It wasnt getting better, he was hurting the team with the way he was playing, he took the necessary steps to get HEALTHY.

youre telling me that kobe or wade would pass on a chance to compete for a championship with an extremely talented team in order to get surgery and get healthy for their contract year!? also i dont understand how you can possibly defend his decision to announce that he was getting the surgery 3 days before the trading deadline so that the rockets could do absolutely nothing with him...
He wasnt helping the team, he was bogging them down. He wanted to partake in their run, and you forget he played through the injuries in the first place, the reason it got worse was because he delayed the surgery to fight it out in the POSTSEASON. Doesnt sound like someone whos thinking only of himself to me.

by the way he announced the decision to the media before he even notified his own team!!! that makes sense to you!? also he hasnt gotten the surgery yet and noone known for sure when or even if he will get it!

Nope, but he apologized and I understand his frustration, everyone around him was letting him down.

honestly i can understand when you ride kobe's nuts
You really dont know me, its called being objective

EDIT) Show me a single post where I "ride" Kobes nuts

cause at least he's a great player and he gives his heart and soul when he plays, but defending and cheering for someone like mcgrady!? i honestly cant understand that... the ironic thing is that tmac is such a loser i actually think the rockets are a better team without him and that they actually have a pretty good chance of getting out of the first round without him...

Thats not surprising, you cant understand it because your a bitter hater who was hurt when he left. And your rockets being better without him comment proves it. The team is better because they arent playing with a guy on 1 leg wondering when he would return. But as my sig reads, the team would be undoubtably better if Tmac wasnt playing on 1 leg.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:03 AM
the drama he created isn't limited to just his injuries...his drama was also with his teammates among many other issues. you're dellusional if you thought the injuries were the only drama

Nope just that the biggest drama had to do with his injuries. His lack of defense and continuity, the media outlet stems from his frustration with those questioning his integrity thinking he was faking. Clearly he was right all along.

And Im sorry but your sig is laughable, hmmm whats more credible a kid on a forum with a vendetta or the advanced MRI showing the lack of cartilage and tissue growth, the doctors admitting they mishandled Tmac's situation....

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:04 AM
that wont do much, he'll still need a heart and testacles...

LOL how clever

what54!?
02-28-2009, 12:05 AM
meh he's never gonna be the player he was so it doesn't matter

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Spoken like a true hater with little facts to back him up, first of all. He left the Raps because they are in Toronto, he went HOME to play ALONGSIDE Hill, he knew it was going to be his team, he just wanted to be somewhere where his heart was at. He gave them the best years of his career and they repaid him by surrounding him with the likes of Declerq and Steven Hunter, not that it was all their fault, its hard to get players when Hill is crippling your salary year after year, but their failures in the draft were absurd.

Spoken like a true stan...he left Toronto because he was in VC's shadow, thats evident, and the fact he didnt like the cold weather (something he said at a press conference)...VC in the early 2000's was THE man, the labeled "next jordan"...so the reason you gave of wanting to play with Hill sounds like you pulled that out of your ***.

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I highly doubt that Tracy McGrady would WANT to undergo surgery. His team is very good this year and it could be his last chance to win a series. Its kind of sad, I remember watching the post-game press conference after the Jazz beat the Rockets in game 7 in 2007 and T-Mac cried. You feel bad for the guy.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Spoken like a true stan...he left Toronto because he was in VC's shadow, and he didnt like the cold weather (something he said at a press conference)...VC in the early 2000's was THE man, the labeled "next jordan"...so the reason you gave of wanting to play with Hill sounds like you pulled that out of your ***.

very true...tmac always want to be THE man no matter what. he wants credit for everything good that happens and blame his teammates if things doesn't go right :pity:

Nope just that the biggest drama had to do with his injuries. His lack of defense and continuity, the media outlet stems from his frustration with those questioning his integrity thinking he was faking. Clearly he was right all along.

there was drama with the way he handled the injuries...there were questions regarding why he told the media about his plan for surgeries 3 days before the trade deadline before he told the team...there were questions regarding his relations with his teammates. There were so many questions and drama it's not even funny. the very fact that our role players play with more fire and more passion without tmac than with tmac tells you something.

codes238
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Incorrect, allow me to educate you....

First mistake right here, the pain was natural what wasnt, was the lack of scar tissue. The reason he is getting MF is because cartilage was NOT FORMING.

It wasnt getting better, he was hurting the team with the way he was playing, he took the necessary steps to get HEALTHY.

He wasnt helping the team, he was bogging them down. He wanted to partake in their run, and you forget he played through the injuries in the first place, the reason it got worse was because he delayed the surgery to fight it out in the POSTSEASON. Doesnt sound like someone whos thinking only of himself to me.

Nope, but he apologized and I understand his frustration, everyone around him was letting him down.

You really dont know me, its called being objective

Thats not surprising, you cant understand it because your a bitter hater who was hurt when he left. And your rockets being better without him comment proves it. The team is better because they arent playing with a guy on 1 leg wondering when he would return. But as my sig reads, the team would be undoubtably better if Tmac wasnt playing on 1 leg.

hahaha im really not a hater at all thats the thing! i wasnt even really a raps fan when he was leaving and i actually liked tmac in orlando before he quit on his teammates... i even liked him in houston and i cheered for the rockets in that dallas playoff series (although that was partially because i hate dallas)... thats the whole point here, im basically a completely unbiased observer... if you want to believe that a player with a history of moral deficiency accidently announced he was getting surgery directly to the media right before the trade deadline as a coincidence then all the power to you!? and poor little tmac everyone around him failed him!? the team actually expected someone mkaing 22 million dollars a year to play and help them win!? outrageous!

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Spoken like a true stan...he left Toronto because he was in VC's shadow, and he didnt like the cold weather (something he said at a press conference)...VC in the early 2000's was THE man, the labeled "next jordan"...so the reason you gave of wanting to play with Hill sounds like you pulled that out of your ***.
So your theory is he left Vince's shadow to play in Hill's shadow? Doesnt make sense, he had no problem playing behind anyone, he just didnt want to stay in Toronto and wanted to go HOME.

The reason I gave came out of my ***? Do you really want to question my posting credability? I have the links if you wish, but I would really expect someone with the balls to call me out to know more about what theyre talking about. Pay a visit to google, find out who they signed first and the press comments. And yes the part of it being cold is why I said in the FIRST POST, that they were in TORONTO.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
hahaha im really not a hater at all thats the thing! i wasnt even really a raps fan when he was leaving and i actually liked tmac in orlando before he quit on his teammates... i even liked him in houston and i cheered for the rockets in that dallas playoff series (although that was partially because i hate dallas)... thats the whole point here, im basically a completely unbiased observer...
So you liked him, then stopped liking him, then liked him. Your not really unbiased if thats the case, your just misinformed, like most of Tmacs detracters. Im sorry for calling you a hater.

if you want to believe that a player with a history of moral deficiency accidently announced he was getting surgery directly to the media right before the trade deadline as a coincidence then all the power to you!?
Look up my posting history, when I thought there was a chance it was all a ploy I was turning on him but when the facts came out about how the doctors mishandled his rehab and prognosis for recovery, then the advanced MRI's showing half an inch spot lacking cartilage and the lack of scar tissue growth, things began to click. All you need is alil understanding of the medical field and it all adds up, your theories dont. Secondly any team trading for Tmac isnt expecting him to play, they just want that fat juicy soon to be expiring contract. There is little to be gained from him faking it when nobody would trade for him to begin with unless they were trying to unload salary.

and poor little tmac everyone around him failed him!? the team actually expected someone mkaing 22 million dollars a year to play and help them win!? outrageous!

Ignoring you blatant hate, yes they failed him, the fact that hes so highly paid is another reason why their lack of caution is disturbing, Ive seen Grant Hill go through the same thing in Orlando, and it wouldve happened to Andrew Bynum had he listened to the team doctors. So yea I know all to well that teams arent exactly trustworthy when it comes to diagnosing a players injury.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
hahaha im really not a hater at all thats the thing! i wasnt even really a raps fan when he was leaving and i actually liked tmac in orlando before he quit on his teammates... i even liked him in houston and i cheered for the rockets in that dallas playoff series (although that was partially because i hate dallas)... thats the whole point here, im basically a completely unbiased observer... if you want to believe that a player with a history of moral deficiency accidently announced he was getting surgery directly to the media right before the trade deadline as a coincidence then all the power to you!? and poor little tmac everyone around him failed him!? the team actually expected someone mkaing 22 million dollars a year to play and help them win!? outrageous!

:clap:

i remember as a rockets, there were several times before the start of the series that he believes the team has enough help to get to the 2nd round than afterwards when we lost, he complain about not having enough help. Like i said..he wants credit for everything good and if things goes wrong, it's his teammates fault.

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
So your theory is he left Vince's shadow to play in Hill's shadow? Doesnt make sense, he had no problem playing behind anyone, he just didnt want to stay in Toronto and wanted to go HOME.

The reason I gave came out of my ***? Do you really want to question my posting credability? I have the links if you wish, but I would really expect someone with the balls to call me out to know more about what theyre talking about. Pay a visit to google, find out who they signed first and the press comments. And yes the part of it being cold is why I said in the FIRST POST, that they were in TORONTO.

Point out where i said he would be in Hill's shadow...I said he left because he would in VC's shadow, and he was, point blank period. Carter was among the golden boys of the NBA back then, and T-Mac didnt like being second fiddle...thats a ***** move...especially considering the two of them could have been special together...lol posting credibility? just cause you have more posts doesnt mean jack, especially when you first come at me calling me a hater...its all good though, if i was a t-mac stan i would be defensive too considering the futility expressed throughout his career.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:23 AM
very true...tmac always want to be THE man no matter what. he wants credit for everything good that happens and blame his teammates if things doesn't go right :pity:
Very false, if he wanted to be the man then why sign with the team that just signed a mega star? The reason is simple, its called going HOME.

there was drama with the way he handled the injuries...there were questions regarding why he told the media about his plan for surgeries 3 days before the trade deadline before he told the team...there were questions regarding his relations with his teammates. There were so many questions and drama it's not even funny. the very fact that our role players play with more fire and more passion without tmac than with tmac tells you something.

Again, mostly due to his legit injuries, with a NON-INJURED Tmac those same role players, play better.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Very false, if he wanted to be the man then why sign with the team that just signed a mega star? The reason is simple, its called going HOME.

that's what he says but his actions proves otherwise.

Again, mostly due to his legit injuries

doesn't take away from the fact all those drama happened

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:26 AM
I just think that Rockets fans need to give the guy a break. He's had a very rough season, let alone a rough career. He's never going to be the same with this surgery, and will now be a role player instead of a superstar.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Point out where i said he would be in Hill's shadow...
You didnt point it out, hence I question your theory

I said he left because he would in VC's shadow, and he was, point blank period.
Oh no the point blank period phrase. I know what you said, I refuted it with FACTS.

Carter was among the golden boys of the NBA back then, and T-Mac didnt like being second fiddle...thats a ***** move...
So he left because he didnt like being 2nd fiddle, then signed with a team that he openly acknowledge was Hill's, yea your not making much sense.

especially considering the two of them could have been special together...lol posting credibility? just cause you have more posts doesnt mean jack, especially when you first come at me calling me a hater...
Yes posting cred, it has nothing to do with my post count, it has to do with the substance of my posts, again would you like me to show you why you should never question my integrity?

its all good though, if i was a t-mac stan i would be defensive too considering the futility expressed throughout his career.

Im not defensive, Im being real

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
that's what he says but his actions proves otherwise.
What actions? His actions were that of a man who signed a team that just signed a mega star. Stop beating around the bush and provide the FACTS.

doesn't take away from the fact all those drama happened

Depends on what all the drama your talking about.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:31 AM

i remember as a rockets, there were several times before the start of the series that he believes the team has enough help to get to the 2nd round than afterwards when we lost, he complain about not having enough help. Like i said..he wants credit for everything good and if things goes wrong, it's his teammates fault.

Its called having a positive outlook, what do you expect him to say, no we're still not getting past the first round. His attitude afterwards depends on what the media is saying. Hes blunt and usually speaks the truth.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:33 AM
What actions? His actions were that of a man who signed a team that just signed a mega star. Stop beating around the bush and provide the FACTS.

funny how you're facts are different from everyone else's fact.

Depends on what all the drama your talking about.

no matter which drama we're talking about...the drama caused by him effected our team made our team play on a subpar level.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Its called having a positive outlook, what do you expect him to say, no we're still not getting past the first round. His attitude afterwards depends on what the media is saying. Hes blunt and usually speaks the truth.

he could say "oh...i still believe in my teammates and we're not gonna let this loss get to us. we have a great team in place and i believe the team we have is good enough to win the championship...we're gonna learn from this experience and do better next this year." and if he wants more talent on the team, instead of ripping his teammates like he did...he couldn't do it behind the scenes.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
funny how you're facts are different from everyone else's fact.
So far theyre facts were proven to be false allegations, again stop beating around the bush and answer the question.

no matter which drama we're talking about...the drama caused by him effected our team made our team to play on a subpar level.

That was primarily a result of the negligent handling of his injuries

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 12:39 AM
let me break things down for you, since you're having problems understanding behind your stan mentality...

1) he leaves toronto because he doesnt want to be VC's sidekick, and complains about the cold.

2) he goes to orlando, for whatever reason you want to claim...point is, when things were not going his way, he started to bail on them; and couldnt lead them past the 1st round, even after talking smack when they were up 3-1 against the pistons (would you like me to find you that online?).

3) he goes to Houston and plays with a bona-fide star in Yao and what does he do? nothing once again...after losing to Utah 2 years ago he basically cries at the press conference saying "he cant do it"...then the next season says you cant just blame him even though he blatantly said if they lost to call him out for it...now he's injury riddled, and reported tension between him and Yao...like Fobulous said, when things are going well he likes the credit, when they arent, he whines.

So basically, im reiterating what i said in my first post...the guy is a *****...whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is up to you...but calling someone out for being a hater when im stating fact, is a stan boy move...and never question you're posting credibility?...who are you? lol you're nothing

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:39 AM
he could say "oh...i still believe in my teammates and we're not gonna let this loss get to us. we have a great team in place and i believe the team we have is good enough to win the championship
So when they are saying its all your fault Tmac, he should respond with my team is good enough to win, even though he just raised his game to yet another level they failed to show up? Your not making sense here

...we're gonna learn from this experience and do better next this year." and if he wants more talent on the team, instead of ripping his teammates like he did...he couldn't do it behind the scenes.

Ripping his teammates, saying hes playing without Yao and without his starting PG for most of the series isnt ripping your teammates, its telling the truth. And he wouldnt have to defend himself if the media would stop thinking 1 player controls the entire outcome of a game.

ElMarroAfamado
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
this is funny keep it going!

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:43 AM
T-Mac does not deserve all of this...

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
let me break things down for you, since you're having problems understanding behind your stan mentality...
This should be amusing

1) he leaves toronto because he doesnt want to be VC's sidekick, and complains about the cold.

Then proceeds to sign with a team that has a star in place? Openly acknowledges its Hill's team. Your reasoning isnt making sense. Obviously its cold, he doesnt want to be there, he wants to be HOME. Perfectly reasonable

2) he goes to orlando, for whatever reason you want to claim...point is, when things were not going his way, he started to bail on them; and couldnt lead them past the 1st round, even after talking smack when they were up 3-1 against the pistons (would you like me to find you that online?).

Of course he couldnt get them past the first round, the team was ****. And he gave them the best years of his career and the team greatly overachieved with him at the helm. It wasnt until the team hired an incompetent HOCKEY GM to run the team did he begin to show his disgust for the organization. That very same GM quit on them within a few months. Again yet another reason why Tmac was right.

3) he goes to Houston and plays with a bona-fide star in Yao and what does he do? nothing once again...after losing to Utah 2 years ago he basically cries at the press conference saying "he cant do it"...then the next season says you cant just blame him even though he blatantly said if they lost to call him out for it...now he's injury riddled, and reported tension between him and Yao...like Fobulous said, when things are going well he likes the credit, when they arent, he whines.

When things are going well? When are things going well? How is he taking all the credit? Obviously he cant do it, no 1 man can.

So basically, im reiterating what i said in my first post...the guy is a *****...whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is up to you...but calling someone out for being a hater when im stating fact, is a stan boy move...and never question you're posting credibility?...who are you? lol you're nothing

Ive acknowledged, refuted it, and am still awaiting your rebuttle. Obviously Im someone whom you dont want to answer, your still trying to make it seem like Tmac left Vince to be the man on his own. Even though the evidence suggest otherwise, the very same evidence you said I pulled out of my *** remember. So do you want me to show you the links or have you begun to realize my cred?

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
So when they are saying its all your fault Tmac, he should respond with my team is good enough to win, even though he just raised his game to yet another level they failed to show up? Your not making sense here

Ripping his teammates, saying hes playing without Yao and without his starting PG for most of the series isnt ripping your teammates, its telling the truth. And he wouldnt have to defend himself if the media would stop thinking 1 player controls the entire outcome of a game.

i am making complete sense. it's called being professional. when you say it's all on you...you better be a man and keep your word. instead, when the rockets lost, he mocked his own words in interviews in addition to saying it's his teammates fault for being not good enough? c'mon man. he was sooo ready to bathe in the glory if the Rockets won but when things didn't go as plan...his true color showed. if i was his teammate, i wouldn't be too happy with that.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 12:51 AM
This should be amusing

Then proceeds to sign with a team that has a star in place? Openly acknowledges its Hill's team. Your reasoning isnt making sense. Obviously its cold, he doesnt want to be there, he wants to be HOME. Perfectly reasonable

Of course he couldnt get them past the first round, the team was ****. And he gave them the best years of his career and the team greatly overachieved with him at the helm. It wasnt until the team hired an incompetent HOCKEY GM to run the team did he begin to show his disgust for the organization. That very same GM quit on them within a few months. Again yet another reason why Tmac was right.

When things are going well? When are things going well? How is he taking all the credit? Obviously he cant do it, no 1 man can.

Ive acknowledged, refuted it, and am still awaiting your rebuttle. Obviously Im someone whom you dont want to answer, your still trying to make it seem like Tmac left Vince to be the man on his own. Even though the evidence suggest otherwise, the very same evidence you said I pulled out of my *** remember. So do you want me to show you the links or have you begun to realize my cred?

you base your facts on what he says...we base our facts on what he actually did. end of story. it's like a killer getting caught red handed with a knife in his hand...everyone knows he did because it's obvious yet you say he didn't do it just because the killer said "i didn't do it."

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:53 AM
i am making complete sense. it's called being professional. when you say it's all on you...you better be a man and keep your word. instead, when the rockets lost, he mocked his own words in interviews in addition to saying it's his teammates fault for being not good enough? c'mon man. he was sooo ready to bathe in the glory if the Rockets won but when things didn't go as plan...his true color showed. if i was his teammate, i wouldn't be too happy with that.
I was under the impression he did that to relieve his teammates of any pressure, thats not bad in my book. And thats totally different than defending yourself from unjust criticism, you would have a point had his teammates showed up and not left Yao and Tmac playing solely by themselves but he wasnt expecting that, when people are blaming you for everything you cant not defend yourself.

I dont like Tmac's antics either, but that doesnt take away from the fact that the man is right.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 12:56 AM
you base your facts on what he says...we base our facts on what he actually did. end of story.
I was wondering when someone would pull the endostory routine, look I base them on his ACTIONS. If you guys would do the same then you guys would show me how a man signing on a team thats going to feature Grant Hill proves he "wanted to be the man". He wanted to shine outside of Vince and Toronto, thats totally different than saying he wanted to be the main guy. So know I base my facts on a the overall representation, you guys have yet to prove you base it on what he actually did. If Vince had been in Orlando he wouldve left to go play alongside him as well, he just wanted to go home. The fact that he knew he would be playing with Grant Hill proves Im right. So again stop beating around the bush and answer the question for the 3rd time already.

it's like a killer getting caught red handed with a knife in his hand...everyone knows he did because it's obvious yet you say he didn't do it just because the killer said "i didn't do it."

Only in Tmac's case there is no knife and there is no dead body, try a different analogy, preferably one not so easily refuted.

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 12:58 AM
lol im not trying to make it seem like anything, obviously he left Toronto because he didnt want to be second fiddle...regardless of what he said about it being Hill's team, that called having media savvy, since at the time Hill was an all-star...once it became his team, what did he do with them? nothing, never brought them anywhere and ran his mouth in the post-season...as for the Houston situation, he blatantly said 2 years ago "if we dont win this series, put it on me", then when they lose, he says you cant blame him...like i said, when things got rough, he turtled...

so now let me ask you...what does being a whiny brat, a loser, and an injury-riddled wash-up make your idol in the NBA? lol...and is basketball is your religion, i suggest converting

TheBatchelor213
02-28-2009, 01:02 AM
the cool thing will be when the rockets get out of the first round this season without t mac. you can make all the money of the world and still feel like a little piece of **** which is how he should feel when that happens.

FOBolous
02-28-2009, 01:02 AM
I was wondering when someone would pull the endostory routine, look I base them on his ACTIONS. If you guys would do the same then you guys would show me how a man signing on a team thats going to feature Grant Hill proves he "wanted to be the man". He wanted to shine outside of Vince and Toronto, thats totally different than saying he wanted to be the main guy. So know I base my facts on a the overall representation, you guys have yet to prove you base it on what he actually did.

Only in Tmac's case there is no knife and there is no dead body, try a different analogy, preferably one not so easily refuted.

it's funny how you're soooo confident and cocky about you're "facts" when it seems like you're living in a completely different word. the FACTs you see is completely different from the FACTS everyone elses see..Rockets fan or no Rockets fan.

oh yeea...he DID get caught red handed. i would tell you how but you live in a completely different world from everyone else. you live in a world where tmac is perfect and can do no wrong.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 01:05 AM
lol im not trying to make it seem like anything, obviously he left Toronto because he didnt want to be second fiddle..
Obviously he didnt, since he knowingly joined the Magic knowing Hill would be there.

regardless of what he said about it being Hill's team, that called having media savvy, since at the time Hill was an all-star...
So then why sign with the Magic if he didnt want to be 2nd fiddle? Your still not making sense

once it became his team, what did he do with them? nothing, never brought them anywhere and ran his mouth in the post-season...
Incorrect, the team overachieved and he had himself a great run. Thats like saying Kobe didnt accomplish squat when he was by himself. To the ignorant it may seem like having some historical seasons and carrying your team to greater lengths seems like nothing, but to everyone that matters its special.

as for the Houston situation, he blatantly said 2 years ago "if we dont win this series, put it on me", then when they lose, he says you cant blame him...like i said, when things got rough, he turtled...

Thats because they were blaming him for everything, but yes I was irked with that as well. Not so much because I thought he would take all the credit but because he set himself up for failure. Still that has nothing to do with what Im talking about, which is why he left Toronto.

so now let me ask you...what does being a whiny brat, a loser, and an injury-riddled wash-up make your idol in the NBA? lol...and is basketball is your religion, i suggest converting

Hes not my idol, Im just real. And yes your hilarious

Chronz
02-28-2009, 01:07 AM
it's funny how you're soooo confident and cocky about you're "facts" when it seems like you're living in a completely different word.
COPOUT, answer the question, how does a man who signs with a team with Grant Hill prove he wants to be the man? I live in reality, try it some time, and yes its very easy to be cocky when Im dealing with you.

the FACTs you see is completely different from the FACTS everyone elses see..Rockets fan or no Rockets fan.

What facts, thus far you have yet to prove your case and chose to ignore the realities of mine

oh yeea...he DID get caught red handed. i would tell you how but you live in a completely different world from everyone else. you live in a world where tmac is perfect and can do no wrong.

Please tell me already, Ive been waiting for this debate to begin

superkegger
02-28-2009, 01:12 AM
I don't know the whole situation, nor do I care really. The Rockets just need to sever ties with Tmac and put their money elsewhere. Regardless of whether he comes back healthy or whatnot, he's going to be a huge expiring next year, and a guy who could also be an impact player. They need to do what Orlando did, trade him and move on.

Chronz
02-28-2009, 01:12 AM
For the love of god Im about to get off work, Ive been waiting for you guys to answer my question for an hour now and you guys have yet to do so. When I get off Im going out, but when I return home IM BEGGING YOU GUYS. Have the balls to present a debate.

Hopefully next time I visit either you FOB or that other guy has the answer, again how does a man (THESE ARE ACTIONS THAT TRANSPIRED THAT IM SPEAKING FOB) that signs on a team with Grant Hill prove he wanted to be "THE MAN"

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 01:47 AM

I know what you mean. A guy getting that much money while many folks are struggling in this economy.

superkegger
02-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I know what you mean. A guy getting that much money while many folks are struggling in this economy.

Not only that, he only played 35 games to collect $20+ million!

That's $19,037.36 per minute he played!
or $41,253.48 per point he scored
or $642,374.97 per game

Unreal!

Mile High Champ
02-28-2009, 01:57 AM
why are we still talking about t-mac??

gqjatt209
02-28-2009, 02:25 AM
T-mac is done!

ntat
02-28-2009, 02:45 AM

i defended Tmac for a few years, but how can u be on his nuts at this point? He does not care about basketball, and thats a shame. he is as talented as ANY player in the league. Imagine if a player with heart, someone like Jon barry had his talent. those guys would kill to have what he has, and he ***** on it.
hey my curse word didnt get bleeped out. sweeeeeeeeeet...
and u show me a link where these doctors take responsibility for screwing up, cause that would be amazing.

ntat
02-28-2009, 02:51 AM
****s

Knowledge
02-28-2009, 03:15 AM
What is this suppose to be about?

It is his fault his knees are gone? Is it his fault the Rockets traded for him? I mean micro fracture surgery is no joke, its a real injury that the guy tried to fight through to win. Give him a break,its not like he caught some invisible injury bug. The guy is beat up and has chronic problems everywhere.

This is ridiculous, the guy was playing on half a leg to try and win a championship. Besides, you have to be out of your mind to think any team would have passed McGrady on a physical once they saw the damage in his knee.

I have experienced similar frustration with something like this when C-Webb came to the SIxers and he was playing on one leg. I couldnt get mad at him for being like that though, its just the toll your body has to pay for playing so many years in the league.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-28-2009, 03:26 AM

what did vince do? asked for a trade, got one.

GodsSon
02-28-2009, 03:43 AM
well i just stepped back in, and now im going to effectively end the argument...you have your view on Mcgrady since your sig says it all, and i have mine...neither is going to sway...but think, if in 2001 you had the chance to play with either VC or Hill, which situation do you think would be more conducive to excelling under? a 24 year old budding superstar, getting hype all over the league? or a 28 year old all-star that was very good, but wasnt in the same league as Carter then? I want you to tell me which Mcgrady thought he would shine more in..

NJrockPD
02-28-2009, 04:29 AM
I've always been a TMac fan, I think he is an amazing talent. I think he lost his competitive edge a few years ago and now he's thinking about his future and retiring a rich rich man. He's not stupid, what is he going to do after basketball? Probablly nothing so heh's making as much as he can now. Is that morally a ****** thing to do to your fans, ABSOLUTELY. On the other hand who here can say they wouldn't love workmans comp check worth 20 mil.

xxepo
02-28-2009, 04:31 AM
I always wonder how good toronto would be if tmac stayed with vince :S

TMAC94
02-28-2009, 05:21 AM
i rearlly dont understand why he wont play? i'd say his a *****, but whatever, if he really has that injury, why did he have to play the first game? IF he still had pain in his knee? why not wait the first half of the season is over then play a month before the playoffs? ****en tracy mcgrady im a tmac lover, but i think his career is over and im 90%sure, prove me wrong tracy prove me wrong.

JordansBulls
02-28-2009, 08:43 AM
i rearlly dont understand why he wont play? i'd say his a *****, but whatever, if he really has that injury, why did he have to play the first game? IF he still had pain in his knee? why not wait the first half of the season is over then play a month before the playoffs? ****en tracy mcgrady im a tmac lover, but i think his career is over and im 90%sure, prove me wrong tracy prove me wrong.

He should have just sat out the first 2 months and then came back.

kidfury
02-28-2009, 09:26 AM
whether he left toronto to go home or to get out of vince's shadow. he is a pro athlete.

gave up on his team in orlando. he is a pro athlete.

houston - arguably quits on his team again. leaks to the public he's going for season ending surgery before informing the team. he is a pro athlete

3 teams with questionable behavior. pro athlete is expected to do his job and play - quitting and wanting to play near mommy isn't very professional. In baseball 3 strikes and you're out. I think everyone has their right after even only one incident to form an opinion but tmac has had 3 chances already.

tmac is not a leader and is just another spoiled athlete. imo is a loser

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-28-2009, 12:56 PM
what did vince do so wrong?

Chronz
03-02-2009, 05:47 PM
How am I not surprised, I gave you guys an entire weekened and you couldnt come up with an answer.....

i defended Tmac for a few years, but how can u be on his nuts at this point?
Im not, the fact that this statement was concluded with this one

and u show me a link where these doctors take responsibility for screwing up, cause that would be amazing.

Tells me all I need to know about your way of thinking. If you dont know the facts then its not me being on anyones nuts, its you being ignorant

Chronz
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
well i just stepped back in, and now im going to effectively end the argument...you have your view on Mcgrady since your sig says it all, and i have mine...neither is going to sway...but think, if in 2001 you had the chance to play with either VC or Hill, which situation do you think would be more conducive to excelling under? a 24 year old budding superstar, getting hype all over the league? or a 28 year old all-star that was very good, but wasnt in the same league as Carter then? I want you to tell me which Mcgrady thought he would shine more in..
Who he was playing with was irrelevant thats what Ive been trying to drill into your thick skull for awhile now, had Vince been in Orlando he wouldnt have mind playing with him. Tmac was young and full of confidence, in his mind he was going to win regardless, hed rather it be at HOME. How was he to know his management would fail him so badly.

matt21donkey
03-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Whoa, hold on a second....Im a serious Rocket fan for over ten years and T-Mac is a effin JOKE.He was semi productive when we first got him,but other than that the guy is one of the laziest people to ever play in the NBA. His own personal trainer said himself in an interview with local 2 houston that tracys' injuries most likely come from inactivity in the offseason and that just recently(last six to eight months) he started to train hardcore, which his body was not used to and which is why he constantly complained of soreness in muscles and knees. Artest can play circles around that lazy excuse for an ALL-STAR i am ashamed he made the ALL-STAR team , and embarressed to call him a Rocket.Anytime your team plays extremely BETTER without you , THAT MEANS SOMETHING!

Ballah0liC1
03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Whoa, hold on a second....Im a serious Rocket fan for over ten years and T-Mac is a effin JOKE.He was semi productive when we first got him,but other than that the guy is one of the laziest people to ever play in the NBA. His own personal trainer said himself in an interview with local 2 houston that tracys' injuries most likely come from inactivity in the offseason and that just recently(last six to eight months) he started to train hardcore, which his body was not used to and which is why he constantly complained of soreness in muscles and knees. Artest can play circles around that lazy excuse for an ALL-STAR i am ashamed he made the ALL-STAR team , and embarressed to call him a Rocket.Anytime your team plays extremely BETTER without you , THAT MEANS SOMETHING!

are u dumb he was amazing the first three years pull your god damn head out ur ***

mrblisterdundee
03-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Although he is an overrated prick, Tracy McGrady is not the anti-christ everybody makes him out to be. I doubt he purposely meant to get the surgery to screw the Rockets over. He probably wants to get a definitive surgery, heal completely, and maybe play some consistent basketball after coming back. He might be out of shape after all the time of from injuries, but it's not like he's coming into training camp at 275 like Shawn Kemp.
After his contract is through, he'll never break $10 million a year ever again. The Rockets will get rid of him, and he'll become an important auxiliary player on another team. I see him being at about Lamar Odom's level of importance.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM

:clap: Exactly. What he is doing is perfectly reasonable.

prash
03-03-2009, 12:26 AM
:clap: Exactly. What he is doing is perfectly reasonable.

I agree.. Dude will come back and resign a cheap contract w/ the Rockets if he's got anything left in him.

lorenz00
03-03-2009, 01:00 AM
he'll be a raptor...