PDA

View Full Version : LeBron overrated?

jphxsuns
02-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Am i the only one that thinks LeBron is maybe a little bit overrated? I know hes amazing at a lot of aspects of the game, but i really think his scoring is overrated. i really dont believe hes unstoppable. as far as scorers, id put him behind both kobe and dwade.

is jumper is way to inconsistent. i honestly think i have a better jump shot then lebron. yes he does have his occasional games like agauinst the Bucks when his jumper is falling, but honestly, most of the time when he takes a jumper i really have no confidence in the fact that its going in and it usually doesnt. If defenses can find a way to make him shoot jumpers, i dont even think hed be in the top 5 in scoring.

Yes hes a great passer, defender, and at times scorer, but is he really the best player in the nba like a lot of people say he is? definetly not. that still goes to kobe

abe_froman
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
he's still only 23,have to remember that,and more unstopable than wade.overrated? no

aNYer
02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
A Kobe fan saying Labron isn't as good, OH MY GOD, Ima start a thread about this miracle

Frezhnitz
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
kobe the best now.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
doesn't a thread like this come out once a month? Yeah, a 29/7/7 dude is way overrated. And Kobe is the most underrated player in the NBA. Does that give you a woody?

VCaintdead17
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
He still hasnt surpassed Jeff Foster

hotpotato1092
you=noob
LeBron=not overrated
me=god

dgreat5000
Coming from a Bulls fan, Lebron is the only 1 since MJ that has the chance to be better, he's stronger, faster, and smarter than alot of the comp...no way he's overrated

Frank Costanza
i honestly think i have a better jump shot then lebron.

i have a better jump shot than you , lebron has a better jump shot than me, so i think its fair to say lebron has a better jump shot than you,, haha just kidding ppl always post **** like that,

superkegger
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Well, I can see this going south pretty quickly, but I guess I'll get my two cents in while it still seems like a workable conversation.

You say:

If defenses can find a way to make him shoot jumpers, i dont even think hed be in the top 5 in scoring.

Here's the thing, that's a HUGE if. Teams are aware of LeBron's suspect outside shooting, but when a guy is as big as he is, and as quick as he is, and has the ball as much as he does, it's a lot easier to say, "We're going to make him a jump shooter." Than it is to actually make a jump shooter. That's why he's the player he is, is because teams can't stop him from getting to the rim.

Now, he does have a suspect jumper and outside shot. The stats clearly back that up.

39% of his shots are 2pt jumpshots, and he shoots a measley 38% on those shots. (6ppg from jumpshots)
22% of his shots are 3pt jumpshots, and he shoots an even worse 31% on those shots. (4.3 ppg on 3's)
But on inside shots, he shoots 71%, and he takes 38% of his shots inside. (11.1 ppg on iside shots)

So yeah, his jumpshooting is inconsistent and suspect. But his incredible ability to get to the rim and finish is what makes him the incredible player that he is.

The fact that only Shaq, Nene, Amare and Dwight have more dunks than him, is simply amazing.

Among non PF's and C's, only Maggette, Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry and Devin Harris are fouled more.

LeBron's ability to get to the rim is what seperates him from the pack. His limited outside shootin, IMO is probably his only weakness. It's hard to overrate someone who only has 1 real weakness.

JJ81
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
If you say he's any better than 2nd in the league then you are overrating him. If you say he's any worse than 3rd in the league then you are underrating him.

chicagowhitesox
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
he's the best player in the nba. he really can't be overrated.

Teeboy1487
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
The guy has a right to his opinion which I agree except the overrated part. Lebron is not better than Kobe but he is only 23 and already considered by some people the best player in the league. LBJ is a better passer and rebounder than Kobe, but that's it. Lebron needs to learn how to pick his spots better when scoring and that comes with time. Also, Lebron seems overated because of the way ESPN talks about him all the time. Don't watch ESPN and Lebron will not be overrated.

sp1derm00
02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
The guy has a right to his opinion which I agree. Lebron is not better than Kobe but he is only 23 and already considered the best player in the league. LBJ is a better passer and rebounder than Kobe, but that's it. Lebron needs to learn how to pick his spots better when scoring and that comes with time. Also, Lebron is not overrated.

What?

jphxsuns
02-27-2009, 06:05 PM
A Kobe fan saying Labron isn't as good, OH MY GOD, Ima start a thread about this miracle

dude. im a suns fan idiot. i hate kobe. but i know hes the best

FOBolous
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Lebron is not overrated. He played horrible last night because he just ran into 2 of NBA's best perimeter defenders on the same team...Shane Battier and Ron Artest. Think about it...Kobe struggled from just playing against Shane...put Artest in the mix and you can see why Lebron struggled so much last night.

Skin&Bones
02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
The limelight is too much on Lebron ex: ESPN. But he's real entertainment to watch out there so I don't blame them. He's overrated to people who likes to see a true all around game, because of his inconsistency on jumpshots. And a great player for a lot of people who likes to watch dunks and explosive drives.

With the right team he can be very limited(Lakers), with the wrong style of play against him(Knicks) or any mismatch team against him he can be great to watch.

Missing56&33
02-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Am i the only one that thinks LeBron is maybe a little bit overrated? I know hes amazing at a lot of aspects of the game, but i really think his scoring is overrated. i really dont believe hes unstoppable. as far as scorers, id put him behind both kobe and dwade.is jumper is way to inconsistent. i honestly think i have a better jump shot then lebron. yes he does have his occasional games like agauinst the Bucks when his jumper is falling, but honestly, most of the time when he takes a jumper i really have no confidence in the fact that its going in and it usually doesnt. If defenses can find a way to make him shoot jumpers, i dont even think hed be in the top 5 in scoring.

Yes hes a great passer, defender, and at times scorer, but is he really the best player in the nba like a lot of people say he is? definetly not. that still goes to kobe

lebron overrated? :laugh2: you guys must be out of thread topics

Am i the only one that thinks LeBron is maybe a little bit overrated? I know hes amazing at a lot of aspects of the game, but i really think his scoring is overrated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
R I D I C U L O U S

xxepo
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM
He just needs to work on his mid range game ... I am sure he is going to imporve that ..just imagine if lebron can shoot like kobe....

SJSHARKIES
02-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Lebron not overrated, but he isn't the best in my opinion I say Kobe.

still1ballin
02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Mike James>LeBron James

The Ooh Child
02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Am i the only one that thinks LeBron is maybe a little bit overrated? I know hes amazing at a lot of aspects of the game, but i really think his scoring is overrated. i really dont believe hes unstoppable. as far as scorers, id put him behind both kobe and dwade.

is jumper is way to inconsistent. i honestly think i have a better jump shot then lebron. yes he does have his occasional games like agauinst the Bucks when his jumper is falling, but honestly, most of the time when he takes a jumper i really have no confidence in the fact that its going in and it usually doesnt. If defenses can find a way to make him shoot jumpers, i dont even think hed be in the top 5 in scoring.

Did you by chance just watch his highlights from last night on Sports Center, and get all outraged at how overrated Lebron is?

He is not overrated. He is as good as everyone is making him out to be...dummy. One more thing, you're a tool

shonk688
02-27-2009, 06:48 PM

:no:

thegreatone08
02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't think Lebron is overrated, but I also don't think he is the best in the league. Kobe is one of the best pure scorers of all time. One thing Lebron will never be. Lebron is just a freak of nature. No one should be 6'8, 260, and be that athletic and able to jump like him.

Another thing Kobe has on Lebron is Kobe is a finisher. When the game is on the line he can take over the game like no other, that includes Lebron. I still think Kobe has 2 more rings left in him to put him one behind Jordan.

JIDsanity
02-27-2009, 07:02 PM
LeBron? Overrated? .....

Is that you Skip?

JIDsanity
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Mike James>LeBron James

Everyone knows that, the NBA is Mike James

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
How is he overrated? I say this if you think he is overrated you don't watch him enough.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I always say Lebron is overrated!!!! Put a body on him and dont let him drive and make him shoot jumpers...he will not be a threat!!!! He is not no good shooter either!!! He even airballed a free-throw before!!! Come on man...Healthy T-Mac will take him 2 school

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
He just needs to work on his mid range game ... I am sure he is going to imporve that ..just imagine if lebron can shoot like kobe....

He will be the best if that happens

IDB Josh M
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Even though I am a Lakers fan, and think Kobe is the better player; I think Phil can get another ring easier with Lebron than he can right now.

And its not because of Phil's use of the triangle (which is better suited for Lebron), but its because PJ sets up better Isolation plays.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Even though I am a Lakers fan, and think Kobe is the better player; I think Phil can get another ring easier with Lebron than he can right now.

And its not because of Phil's use of the triangle (which is better suited for Lebron), but its because PJ sets up better Isolation plays.

WOW,I cant believe u said that

Teeboy1487
02-27-2009, 07:45 PM

:confused: and :mad:

Teeboy1487
02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
What? I meant considered by some people not all. I was seeing if some one would catch that ;).

lakersrock
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
All LeBron can do is power his way to the hole. That doesn't take talent. It takes a massive, athletic body. He isn't that good of a PLAYER. He's an other-worldly athlete.

NYMetros
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
No, LeBron is now the best IMO. Last year and in the past he was missing the jump shot, he now has that added weapon to his game. The only way to guard him now is to get him into foul trouble. He also has become a force on defense.

Hustla23
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
This is an utterly stupid thread.

If anything, Lebron is underrated.

This guy is going to be the best player in history.

WadeCounty
02-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Ima get alot of hate on me for this from people that just think we should view things the same way as they do but, I gotta agree with EVERY world you said. He is a great player dont get me wrong but he is wayyyy over hyped, if he were to be the only player in the league with that amount of talent it would be okay to talk about him so much but he's not, theres kobe and wade aswell and they dont get nearly as much hype that they should get

bogmon
02-27-2009, 08:15 PM

That is a bold statement....but, could be true.

Consider where MJ was at in his career at this age (granted he actually went to college) and look at what Lebron has done for Cleveland at 24 years of age.

If he takes a title this year or the next I think we can consider having this conversation!

pedro_dude0980
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Two words:

Crab dribble

three letters:

Wtf?

Kings Faithful
02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Kobe Bryant is the best scorer, but Lebron is the best overall player. No doubt about it.

Teeboy1487
02-27-2009, 08:46 PM

This guy is going to be the best player in history. He won't get close to Jordan.

{}
02-27-2009, 08:46 PM
^^^ correction, Kobe is the most prolific scorer in the league. (inc. prolific # of attempts).

Lebron is the best overall player in the league, and the most dominant non-big in the league. The Cavs as a team are overrated.

Sox Appeal
02-27-2009, 08:51 PM

I don't understand how anybody could say Kobe is still a better player Lebron. Outside of maybe jump shooting, there isn't another thing Kobe can do better then Lebron. Lebron is better at attacking the rim, he's a FAR better passer, rebounder, and he's better in the clutch (http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM). Or look at what happens when they're given a mediocre team. Kobe gets knocked out in the 1st round, and Lebron takes his team to the Finals. Or you could go back to last years post-season when they both played the Celtics. Lebron took them to 7 games, while having one of the best Game 7's ever (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280518002) in the process. And Kobe 'laid an egg' in Game 6 (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280617002) of the Finals, which was an elimination game for him. (Kobe also had FAR more talent surrounding him then Lebron..)

GodsSon
02-27-2009, 08:56 PM
All LeBron can do is power his way to the hole. That doesn't take talent. It takes a massive, athletic body. He isn't that good of a PLAYER. He's an other-worldly athlete.

Agree.

I highly doubt that...5 League MVP's, 6 Rings, 6 Final MVP's, 10 time All-First Team, 9 time all defense team, 10 scoring titles, 1 Defensive player of the year...so on and so forth

Hustla23
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Agree.

I highly doubt that...5 League MVP's, 6 Rings, 6 Final MVP's, 10 time All-First Team, 9 time all defense team, 10 scoring titles, 1 Defensive player of the year...so on and so forth

Dude the guy is 24 years old. He's going to be the MVP this year so you can start that count now. He'll have atleast 10 more all star games and well we'll just have to see about the titles.

dre1990
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
he's still only 23,have to remember that,and more unstopable than wade.overrated? no

He's 24 :p

Mane
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm better than Lebron and am the greatest basketball player ever.

Pau for Geico
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Very overrated. Bad jumpshot. Horrible 3 Pointer. Decent Free throw shooter. I really believe the "next big thing" or "Jordan" has to play the SG not SF.

Jaji
02-27-2009, 11:12 PM
You know who else is overrated? Michael Jordan. Sure he's the best ever but come on, I've seen him miss at least 100 shots in his career!

CaptainCool79
02-28-2009, 03:06 AM
People who find lebron overrated are idiots. The guys does things that no other player has ever been able to do. He's an ungodly combination of size, speed and skill. If he focuses on bettering his jumpshot, he will be unstoppable. He's as close as it gets right now without even having an amazing jumper.

cambovenzi
02-28-2009, 03:13 AM
People who find lebron overrated are idiots. The guys does things that no other player has ever been able to do. He's an ungodly combination of size, speed and skill. If he focuses on bettering his jumpshot, he will be unstoppable. He's as close as it gets right now without even having an amazing jumper.

yeah you obviously exude intelligence and demand respect by insulting people for their opinion.:rolleyes:

even if you think he is the best player, he can still be overrated.
its depends on what a persons POV and opinion are.
if someone thinks he is easily the best player in the league, and as good as jordan, then he is being overrated IMO...
again, it depends on the point of view, and what you think people are "rating" him..

ggg
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Nope lebron's legit, mike brown is. The dude have no plays for the rest of the team excluding mo, z, and lbj. Guard mo and lebron, let Z shoot, they'll lose down the stretch.

the keefster
02-28-2009, 05:16 PM
u must be out your mind, boy.

when it's all said and done, lebron is gonna be one of the all time greats if he remains healthy. he isn't overrated. do you realize how young he is? he has so many things about his game that he will be able to perfect down the line. i'll give you the fact that lebron is very hyped, but who cares. he's a marketable player. appreciate greatness when it's before your eyes...

mrblisterdundee
02-28-2009, 05:24 PM
This thread needs to be closed. It doesn't make any sense calling a guy who is more talented than Michael Jordan overrated.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
This thread needs to be closed. It doesn't make any sense calling a guy who is more talented than Michael Jordan overrated.

well, Kobe fans need something to make them feel good, so naturally they pick on the dude who is better than their boy

ziglur
02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Kobes the man!! Im not a fan of his and I think he should have been convicted of rape but Im not positive. During the Olympics the Us was up by 2 points.. The team automatically went to Kobe they didnt go to Lebron or Paul or anyone else. He won that game along with Bosh , they were the only ones who wanted the ball when the game was on the line. Even Lebron ,Paul ,Wade and the rest of them know who should have the ball in that siruation They know Kobes the best.

Skin&Bones
02-28-2009, 05:32 PM

yea close this....but he is not more talented than jordan..he is just more taller than mike. You probably haven't seen jordan play 1985 - 1989. He seriously burned hall of famers like nothing. And those are the very tough years for anyone to just dominate. Especially against piston badboys. Lebron will get injured against those players. Jordan is more talented.

Nirvanaskurdt
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
everyone and everything gets underrated and overrated at some point in life:)

Skins4Life
02-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Is your name deshawn stevenson?

Hawkeye15
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Is your name deshawn stevenson?

hahaha. Why didn't I think of that.

Kenny
02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
btw, Lebrons 3 point shot is coming just like his free throw percentage has gone up.. Keeps getting better and better

La11
02-28-2009, 06:22 PM
yeah i think michael jordan,magic johnson, larry bird, bill russell, oscar robinson are all overrated. I have a WAY better jump shot than theirs and there is no way they could stop me. Im five foot five and 500 LBS no way in hell they'll stop me from driving into the lane, hitting my jump shot, my amazing d and get a big mac from MACDONALDS!!!!

How is someone overrated when they surpassed the biggest hype ever given to a guarantee first overrall pick ?one overrated person is gilbert areanas.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
no, not overrated, kobe is teh best but idk for how much longer, if you want an all around player draft lebron but nobody is as deadly as kobe, people say its just the last minutes of the game but its all game long, lebron is the closest thing to oscar robertson and if he played pf or c and had the same abilities he would average a triple double

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
so no he's not overrated, people do talk about him too much

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-28-2009, 06:31 PM
one more thing and im not saying this cuz im a laker fan or cuz i hate the celtics but all those people who say lebron is better than kobe...well lebron says kobe is better, paul the faker pierce says he's the best, but do you hear anybody else saying he is? no you hear people laughing at him when he said that. kobe then lebron i'd draft howard over wade but i really dont know hwo the 3rd best is theres a lot of candidates, but w/e kobe then lebron

Kabowdos
02-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Here is LeBron James.

Clog the middle and force his teammate to beat you or his jumpshot. (Exactly what the Celtics did and that why he shot 33% that entire series)

When you clog the middle you force him to shoot outside jumpers, which is the LeBron weakest point of his game. That is pretty much the only weakness is his game though and FT.

Great player, going to be among the best of all time. Kobe is more complete because there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop him. He can shoot deep, drive, pass, etc.

Kobe
LBJ
Wade

No question these are three best players in the league.
LBJ is not overrated. His team is 45-12?? Please.

Kenny
02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Here is LeBron James.

Clog the middle and force his teammate to beat you or his jumpshot. (Exactly what the Celtics did and that why he shot 33% that entire series)

When you clog the middle you force him to shoot outside jumpers, which is the LeBron weakest point of his game. That is pretty much the only weakness is his game though and FT.

Great player, going to be among the best of all time. Kobe is more complete because there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop him. He can shoot deep, drive, pass, etc.

Kobe
LBJ
Wade

No question these are three best players in the league.
LBJ is not overrated. His team is 45-12?? Please.

yeah and Kobe was outstanding against the celtics in the finals :rolleyes:

Jaji
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Very overrated. Bad jumpshot. Horrible 3 Pointer. Decent Free throw shooter. I really believe the "next big thing" or "Jordan" has to play the SG not SF.

:mad:

:clap:

When Michael Jordan entered the league at age 21, he was a HORRIBLE 3 point shooter. 17%, 17%, 18%, and 13% his first 4 years respectively. In fact, MJ didn't shoot a 3 pt % over 30% until he was 26 years old ('89-'90, 37%). Meanwhile, LeBron is shooting 32% for his career and he's only 24. And Mike's fatal fade away jump shot didn't come until much later in his career.

Jordan made his career, his championships, his legacy, he sneaker sales all stemmed from one thing... his ability to get to the basket and dunk on whoever was there. Every other aspect of his he built onto that. And who is the best in the league right now at getting to the hoop and dunking on whoever is foolish enough to get youtubed (posterized is such an outdated word)?

Couple that with 7 boards and 7 assists per game for his career, neither of which Jordan was doing at the same age, and I'd say LeBron is well on his way. He's more athletic than Jordan was too. He's biger, stronger, and fast. He's a beast right now and he's only going to get better.

People forget that he was only 18 when he came in the league. In the history of basketball, every single 18 was either honing their skills in college or getting very few minute off the bench (if any) in the NBA. At age 18, LeBron was getting his first (and almost certainly only) All-Star snub. He is so far ahead of the curb it's ridiculous. No one has been this far advanced since Michael Jordan and he even exceeds MJ's bar in some categories. I can't stress it enough... The Best Has Yet To Come!

Jaji
02-28-2009, 08:34 PM
one more thing and im not saying this cuz im a laker fan or cuz i hate the celtics but all those people who say lebron is better than kobe...well lebron says kobe is better, paul the faker pierce says he's the best, but do you hear anybody else saying he is? no you hear people laughing at him when he said that. kobe then lebron i'd draft howard over wade but i really dont know hwo the 3rd best is theres a lot of candidates, but w/e kobe then lebron

LOL! Dude this thread is about LeBron James! Why do you have to talk about Kobe in every one of your posts?

magichatnumber9
02-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Lebron is my favorite player in the league at this point. Overrated is a very understandable statement if your television is being overcome by Lebron commercials;and there are many

_KB24_
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't understand how anybody could say Kobe is still a better player Lebron. Outside of maybe jump shooting, there isn't another thing Kobe can do better then Lebron. Lebron is better at attacking the rim, he's a FAR better passer, rebounder, and he's better in the clutch (http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM). Or look at what happens when they're given a mediocre team. Kobe gets knocked out in the 1st round, and Lebron takes his team to the Finals. Or you could go back to last years post-season when they both played the Celtics. Lebron took them to 7 games, while having one of the best Game 7's ever (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280518002) in the process. And Kobe 'laid an egg' in Game 6 (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280617002) of the Finals, which was an elimination game for him. (Kobe also had FAR more talent surrounding him then Lebron..)

r u ****ing kidding me???????
compare the turnovers and the only reason he passes more is becuz he isnt reliable behind the arc.so plz reconsider and not make such a stupid comment. evn wade is more clutch than lebron

RaysFan
02-28-2009, 09:05 PM
LeBron James is the best basketball player in the NBA right now. He passed up Kobe Bryant last year. I couldn't care less about either team but if you swap head coaches then the Cavs would probably be about 50-7 right now...that is how good LeBron is.

cambovenzi
02-28-2009, 09:07 PM
LeBron James is the best basketball player in the NBA right now. He passed up Kobe Bryant last year. I couldn't care less about either team but if you swap head coaches then the Cavs would probably be about 50-7 right now...that is how good LeBron is.

lol...

1. nice complete speculation.
2. wouldnt that be more of a testament to phil jackson than lebron?...why yes it would.

RaysFan
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Yes, PJ is the GOAT. People don't understand how much he means to that team. Put Byron Scott on the Lakers team and they have about 5 more losses at LEAST. People like to talk about supporting casts but Kobe's best advantage over the rest of the NBA isn't Bynum, Odom, Gasol, and a deep bench....it is Phil Jackson.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, PJ is the GOAT. People don't understand how much he means to that team. Put Byron Scott on the Lakers team and they have about 5 more losses at LEAST. People like to talk about supporting casts but Kobe's best advantage over the rest of the NBA isn't Bynum, Odom, Gasol, and a deep bench....it is Phil Jackson.
Phil Jackson the GOAT when he has the best player on his team. What Championship team has he ever built? He always inherited superstars.

Hustla23
02-28-2009, 09:57 PM
:mad:

:clap:

When Michael Jordan entered the league at age 21, he was a HORRIBLE 3 point shooter. 17%, 17%, 18%, and 13% his first 4 years respectively. In fact, MJ didn't shoot a 3 pt % over 30% until he was 26 years old ('89-'90, 37%). Meanwhile, LeBron is shooting 32% for his career and he's only 24. And Mike's fatal fade away jump shot didn't come until much later in his career.

Jordan made his career, his championships, his legacy, he sneaker sales all stemmed from one thing... his ability to get to the basket and dunk on whoever was there. Every other aspect of his he built onto that. And who is the best in the league right now at getting to the hoop and dunking on whoever is foolish enough to get youtubed (posterized is such an outdated word)?

Couple that with 7 boards and 7 assists per game for his career, neither of which Jordan was doing at the same age, and I'd say LeBron is well on his way. He's more athletic than Jordan was too. He's biger, stronger, and fast. He's a beast right now and he's only going to get better.

People forget that he was only 18 when he came in the league. In the history of basketball, every single 18 was either honing their skills in college or getting very few minute off the bench (if any) in the NBA. At age 18, LeBron was getting his first (and almost certainly only) All-Star snub. He is so far ahead of the curb it's ridiculous. No one has been this far advanced since Michael Jordan and he even exceeds MJ's bar in some categories. I can't stress it enough... The Best Has Yet To Come!

Excellent post.

Skin&Bones
02-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Phil Jackson the GOAT when he has the best player on his team. What Championship team has he ever built? He always inherited superstars.

Well any coach needs a superstar to build around to begin with. Is it his fault that he had the best players on his team? You know any hall of famers want to play for the right system and guess what Phil has the right system.

He actually had a rebuilding. Its the one left for scraps when Shaq left the lakers. And probably you would counter that by saying he left for a year and all that...guess what, it takes the right players to mold on the triangle offense thats why its so hard to pick who is right for our system. Thats pretty damn hard for rebuilding especially if you have kobe back then who is hard to deal with. But guess where we are today? Pretty damn quick for rebuilding.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Well any coach needs a superstar to build around to begin with. Is it his fault that he had the best players on his team? You know any hall of famers want to play for the right system and guess what Phil has the right system.

He actually had a rebuilding. Its the one left for scraps when Shaq left the lakers. And probably you would counter that by saying he left for a year and all that...guess what, it takes the right players to mold on the triangle offense thats why its so hard to pick who is right for our system. Thats pretty damn hard for rebuilding especially if you have kobe back then who is hard to deal with. But guess where we are today? Pretty damn quick for rebuilding.

But Jackson gets the players after they're already in their prime. He didn't watch Michael Jordan develop. He came in just in time to be the coach during MJ's most dominant years. He didn't build the Lakers into a winner. He took over after Kobe had already become an All-Star and Shaq was a superstar before he even got to LA.

So to answer your question: Is it his fault? Yes! Because apparently he'll only take a job if there is an established superstar (top 3 in the league at least) already on the roster. I guess LeBron is good enough for him to coach now :rolleyes:.

Phil Jackson is not the GOAT. He just gets the best coaching jobs of all time. Did you even watch him in Chicago? If a team went on a 12-0 run, Phil would just sit back, not even call a TO. Then, the greatest team ever would just work out their funk on their own. Wise decision to just let them play? Yes. Good coaching? Hardly.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Excellent post.

Excellent observation.

GSW fan
02-28-2009, 10:35 PM
hes a boss

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 10:52 PM
yes! Overrated

TheLogical
02-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Im a Cavs fan but I think he is better than D-Wade, but not Kobe. He has a chance to be better than Kobe, but at this time, Kobe has more experience, but LeBron is farther than Kobe was at this point.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Im a Cavs fan but I think he is better than D-Wade, but not Kobe. He has a chance to be better than Kobe, but at this time, Kobe has more experience, but LeBron is farther than Kobe was at this point.

I approve this message. :flag:

lakers4sho
02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
But Jackson gets the players after they're already in their prime. He didn't watch Michael Jordan develop. He came in just in time to be the coach during MJ's most dominant years.

Exactly, because he was the assistant coach before that and was just promoted to head coach status in 1989. He totally decided to come over when Jordan hit his prime.

So to answer your question: Is it his fault? Yes! Because apparently he'll only take a job if there is an established superstar (top 3 in the league at least) already on the roster. I guess LeBron is good enough for him to coach now :rolleyes:.

Exactly, because he knew that a team composed of Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Jumaine Jones, Lamar Odom, and Tierre Brown is a championship caliber team.

durtee
02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
It is so hard to evaluate Lebron's status as being overrated or not. There was/is so much hype with this guy it is almost impossible for him to completely live up to that IMO. He is at least a top 2 player in the league and that also makes it hard to call him overrated. I can understand why some may think he is a little bit, but it's hard for me to agree with that.

Kabowdos
03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah and Kobe was outstanding against the celtics in the finals :rolleyes:

He was WAY better than LeBron.

Just wait and see the finals this year. I know the Lakers will be there.

Sidious
03-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Wait a minute...wait a minute...wait a minute...

did someone just bash Phil Jackson?

Greatest coach of all time.

nickster16301
03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
As far as I'm concerned their kobe and lebron are equals. sure kobe has more rings but he wasnt the player that won them those rings, shaq was. Ever since shaq left kobe lost in the finals, same as lebron. If i were to pick now I would have to go with Lebron.