PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoff Picture

Pau for Geico
02-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I want seedings, and all the matchup's through the playoffs, and then eventually the champion. Should be fun seeing peoples opinions !
I'll start:

EAST
1.Boston
2.Cleveland
3.Orlando
4.Miami
5.Atlanta
6.Detroit
7.Philadelphia
8.Chicago

WEST
1.Los Angeles Lakers
2.San Antonio
3.Houston
4.New Orleans
5.Denver
6.Utah
7.Portland
8.Dallas

ROUND 1 :
Boston DEF Chicago [4-0]
Cleveland DEF Philadelphia [4-2]
Orlando DEF Detroit [4-3]
Atlanta DEF Miami [4-3]

Lakers DEF Dallas [4-1]
Portland DEF San Antonio [4-2]
Utah DEF Houston [4-3]
New Orleans DEF Denver [4-2]

Round 2:
Boston DEF Atlanta [4-2]
Orlando DEF Cleveland [4-3]

Lakers DEF Portland [4-2]
New Orleans DEF Utah [4-3]

Conference Finals:
Boston DEF Orlando [4-2]

Lakers DEF New Orleans [4-1]

Finals:
Lakers DEF Boston [4-3]

Champion : Los Angeles Lakers.

Not trying to be biased.

DrDEADalready
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM
In your round two. New orleans would not defeat the Jazz. a 10-2 record against them since Paul and Williams has been in the league proves that. Jazz would probably beat them in 5..6 at the most.

LayZbone
02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Miami/Atlanta
5. Atlanta/Miami
6. Philly
7. Detroit
8. New York

1. Los Angeles
2. San Antonio
3. Denver
4. Portland
5. New Orleans
6. Utah
7. Dallas
8. Houston

For my team's sake, that how i hope the seedings go. If we're lucky enough to beat the Hawks in a series, I think we have a better chance against the Cavs rather than BOS/ORL in round 2. At the very least, I would love to witness Wade vs. Lebron in a playoff series.

superkegger
02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
i actually think the Pistons will miss the playoffs. Maybe not, but if I had to place a bet right now, I'd put them out of the playoffs. They have something seriously wrong.

I think the east will look like this

Cleveland
Boston
Orlando
Miami
Atlanta
Chicago
New York
Milwaukee

And I think you'll see the top seeds advance every round with Boston-Cleveland in the ECF. Not a whole lot of fun, but I really don't see it going down any other way.

I really don't know who will come out of the east. Right now with the Celtics losing to the clippers, and being banged up and adding Starbury, I don't know how to gauge them. And while it was one game, the Rockets really put a hurting on the cavs, and now they have a real weakness in the frontcourt.

So I don't really know which of those two teams comes out of the east.

In the West, to me it goes:
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Utah
Rockets
Blazers
Mavs
Hornets

I think the Lakers, Spurs, Jazz and Nuggets move on, and the Lakers and Spurs will meet once again in the WCF. I don't think the Spurs have what it takes to get past the Lakers, especially if the wildcard Manu isn't the Manu he was in their championship years. While it's incredibly predictable, I have a hard time not seeing the Lakers come out of the West.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 07:56 PM
In your round two. New orleans would not defeat the Jazz. a 10-2 record against them since Paul and Williams has been in the league proves that. Jazz would probably beat them in 5..6 at the most.

OMG Dude do you ever shut up about how many times Utah beats NO??
Have they ever played each other in the playoffs no, so its all a different stage.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 07:58 PM
i actually think the Pistons will miss the playoffs. Maybe not, but if I had to place a bet right now, I'd put them out of the playoffs. They have something seriously wrong.

I think the east will look like this

Cleveland
Boston
Orlando
Miami
Atlanta
Chicago
New York
Milwaukee

And I think you'll see the top seeds advance every round with Boston-Cleveland in the ECF. Not a whole lot of fun, but I really don't see it going down any other way.

I really don't know who will come out of the east. Right now with the Celtics losing to the clippers, and being banged up and adding Starbury, I don't know how to gauge them. And while it was one game, the Rockets really put a hurting on the cavs, and now they have a real weakness in the frontcourt.

So I don't really know which of those two teams comes out of the east.

In the West, to me it goes:
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Utah
Rockets
Blazers
Mavs
Hornets

I think the Lakers, Spurs, Jazz and Nuggets move on, and the Lakers and Spurs will meet once again in the WCF. I don't think the Spurs have what it takes to get past the Lakers, especially if the wildcard Manu isn't the Manu he was in their championship years. While it's incredibly predictable, I have a hard time not seeing the Lakers come out of the West.

LOL IMO take out NY and Milwaukee....
put us at least higher then Rockets and then your good.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 08:03 PM
I dont care bout the seeding,but we will get beat in the Conf. Finals....T-Mac comes back next year and we win in the FINALS

Verbal Christ
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
one dude has miami as a 4 seed!! AND he puts the ROX at the 8 seed? LMAO yea 'homerism' is not rampant in this thread.

JJ81
02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
:clap:

Bucsfan
02-27-2009, 08:30 PM
i dont think NO would take utah, deron williams has won 10 games against paul, whereas paul only has 2 or 3

ii will mention this many times, and is relevant :)

superkegger
02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
one dude has miami as a 4 seed!! AND he puts the ROX at the 8 seed? LMAO yea 'homerism' is not rampant in this thread.

Why can't Miami be a 4 seed? As it stands right now, they're only a game and a half back of the Hawks. (and more importantly, only have 1 more loss) Plus the Hawks have lost 3 straight, and they play tonight, and if the Heat win, they'd be basically even (though the hawks would have one more win but the same amount of losses. So why is it so crazy for me to put Miami at the 4 seed? I'm not even a Heat fan, so how that's homerism, I'd like to know.

superkegger
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL IMO take out NY and Milwaukee....
put us at least higher then Rockets and then your good.

And who would you put in over Ny and Milwaukee? Detroit and New Jersey I suppose?

I made somewhat of a bold prediction, but with the way the Pistons have been playing, they're only 3.5 games ahead of New York, who is in 11th place. New York probably won't make it, but I feel like they're the kinda team that if they get hot, they could reel off 8 in a row and make it as the 8th seed. Who knows.

And why would the Hornets be higher? They haven't been playing exactly spectacular basketball, and their last 2 weeks of the season is absolutely brutal. In those last 11 days they play Utah, @Miami, Phoenix, @ Dallas, Dallas, @ Houston, @ San Antonio.

They currently sit tied for sixth with a surging utah. Houston is playing much better, and the Mavs have been playing somewhat better as of late too. Portland has been consistent all season long, and while I'm not sure they have the push, they'll stay consistent. So no, I don't think the Hornets should be higher.

GodsSon
02-27-2009, 08:43 PM
too lazy to put seedings...but i do see cleveland coming out of the east rather then boston.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
And who would you put in over Ny and Milwaukee? Detroit and New Jersey I suppose?

I made somewhat of a bold prediction, but with the way the Pistons have been playing, they're only 3.5 games ahead of New York, who is in 11th place. New York probably won't make it, but I feel like they're the kinda team that if they get hot, they could reel off 8 in a row and make it as the 8th seed. Who knows.

IDK I think MIl. will struggle with their injured team and NY they have a chance but I don't expect any 4 or lower seeded team in the east will contend.

KB24PG16
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
too many 7 game series cant see that happening

superkegger
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
IDK I think MIl. will struggle with their injured team and NY they have a chance but I don't expect any 4 or lower seeded team in the east will contend.

Well with Jameer down, i don't expect anyone but the celtics or boston to have a chance. And milwaukee may struggle, but they've played well since the injuries, and I don't see a reason why Charlie V and Ramon can't continue to play well.

JordansBulls
02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Hopefully every series goes 7 games.

KB24>MJ23
02-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Tough to call the East this year...Cavs or Celts for sure. I don't think the finals will go 7 games if it's Lakers vs. Cavs/Celts, probably 5-6 at most. The Lakers have shown they can win in Cleveland and Boston.

Bulls4Lyfe
02-27-2009, 09:14 PM

miami has the 5th seed right now and they are just behind the hawks...you should think before you post!!

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 09:15 PM
miami has the 5th seed right now and they are just behind the hawks...you should think before you post!!

Y the ROCKETS have to be the 8th seed though

superkegger
02-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Y the ROCKETS have to be the 8th seed though

While I wouldn't agree, perhaps they think the loss of Tmac will be too much to overcome.

I mean, it would be shocking that somebody had a different opinion than you or I though wouldn't it...

Pau for Geico
02-27-2009, 10:01 PM
too many 7 game series cant see that happening

I know, but my bracket was so close with good teams. I just decided with the 4-3 rather than 4-2.