PDA

View Full Version : KG and David Beckham

oldenpolynice
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM
New commercial from Adidas (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/02/27/kevin-garnett-and-david-beckham-do-an-adidas-commercial/) starring the Most Intense Man on the Court and international superstar David Beckham. Let's just say KG isn't nearly as good at volleying soccer balls as he is on the basketball court.

Then again, you don't see Beckham rotating around defenders and throwing down perfect alley-oops very often either...

JJ81
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Beckham is nothing compared to what he used to be.

Why is KG in a commerical with Beckham, Beckham plays for LA.:eyebrow:

And doesn't KG support Chelsea? Because Beckham played his best years in Manchester Utd...

oldenpolynice
02-27-2009, 03:14 PM

And doesn't KG support Chelsea? Because Beckham played his best years in Manchester Utd...

Don't think about it too hard. They're all Adidas guys. Doesn't really matter what other affiliations they have.

superkegger
02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I actually watched that first game beckham played in for the LA Galaxy and KG was at the game. I don't remember if they said he had become a bigger fan of soccer, or if he was a friend of beckhams though. Beckham is taller than I thought though.

oldenpolynice
02-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I actually watched that first game beckham played in for the LA Galaxy and KG was at the game. I don't remember if they said he had become a bigger fan of soccer, or if he was a friend of beckhams though. Beckham is taller than I thought though.

Yeah, that's right. I remember that. He was there with his soccer scarf waving it around and going crazy. If the dude has a soccer scarf, you know he's a pretty big fan.

JJ81
02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Don't think about it too hard. They're all Adidas guys. Doesn't really matter what other affiliations they have.

Yeah I guess so, just sayin' :)

JJ81
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM

He's 6foot but I agree he looks taller than usual in that video :confused:

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 01:13 AM
wtf? sick kick by beckham

Drtino
02-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Nice kick... got to be a good soccer player to make that, I think.

Becks2307
02-28-2009, 04:33 AM

David Beckham actually plays for Ac Milan the biggest soccer team in Italy. He is trying to get out of his La contract

oldenpolynice
02-28-2009, 05:53 PM
David Beckham actually plays for Ac Milan the biggest soccer team in Italy. He is trying to get out of his La contract

True. Playing well for Milan, too. But it's not a done deal that he's going to stay in Italy. Until the transfer papers are signed he belongs to LA.

Becks2307
02-28-2009, 06:45 PM
i know thats why i said he is "trying" to get out of the contract. cool video though

WSU Tony
02-28-2009, 09:35 PM
New commercial from Adidas (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/02/27/kevin-garnett-and-david-beckham-do-an-adidas-commercial/) starring the Most Intense Man on the Court and international superstar David Beckham. Let's just say KG isn't nearly as good at volleying soccer balls as he is on the basketball court.

Then again, you don't see Beckham rotating around defenders and throwing down perfect alley-oops very often either...

This makes it sound like Beckham plays basketball.....

JJ81
02-28-2009, 09:37 PM

I know, that doesn't mean he's as good as he used to be. He's nowhere near the standard of Gerrard, Lampard, Ronaldo, Kaka etc.

oldenpolynice
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
I know, that doesn't mean he's as good as he used to be. He's nowhere near the standard of Gerrard, Lampard, Ronaldo, Kaka etc.

Gerrard, Lampard and C. Ronaldo. Now there's a Premiership bias for you. Don't forget about Lionel Messi...

Becks2307
03-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Gerrard, Lampard and C. Ronaldo. Now there's a Premiership bias for you. Don't forget about Lionel Messi...

thank you....i follow soccer as well Lionel Messi is by farrrr the best player in the world

and responding to the other post i know becks isn't as good as he used to be but he's 33..thats pretty old in soccer terms.

PackFanInNY
03-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Garnett is a Chelsea supporter. He was at Becks first match for LA because it was a friendly against Chelsea.

oldenpolynice
03-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Garnett is a Chelsea supporter. He was at Becks first match for LA because it was a friendly against Chelsea.

Good call. Who knew we had so many soccer fans on here?

mitch91
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
huge football fan!!

yes becks is not what he use to be but heck the guys 33 or something.

people seem shocked at becks getting it in the basket, but steve nash did it did he not? and that guy doesnt even playing football professionally

oldenpolynice
03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
huge football fan!!

yes becks is not what he use to be but heck the guys 33 or something.

people seem shocked at becks getting it in the basket, but steve nash did it did he not? and that guy doesnt even playing football professionally

I can speak only for myself, but I wasn't shocked to see him make it. If you really think about it, what's harder? Bending a ball around a wall of players AND a goalkeeper into the net? Or hitting a volley into a cylinder from 15-20 feet?

The guy's amazing. It's no surprise that he made it in the hoop.

mitch91
03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I can speak only for myself, but I wasn't shocked to see him make it. If you really think about it, what's harder? Bending a ball around a wall of players AND a goalkeeper into the net? Or hitting a volley into a cylinder from 15-20 feet?

The guy's amazing. It's no surprise that he made it in the hoop.

i never said i was shocked at all. i just think if people are in awe at becks doing it then why not check out nash do it, since he doesn't play pro football