PDA

View Full Version : CP3 is getting his super star card revoked

magichatnumber9
02-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I love CP3's game, he is having an allstar season hands down, but he is not lifting that team like he did a year ago. Some days you and you alone have to pick your team up. Wise words to Kevin Garnett from Bill Russell. Kobe has done it when needed. Lebron, thee superstar of the NBA are Super stars every single season. Now please don't attack me, if you can convince me he is a super star I will credit the person, and apologize. Oh and this is no attack on the fans of New Orleans.

Chronz
02-27-2009, 01:40 AM
No, hes playing better than ever, its everyone else whos failing him.

dre1990
02-27-2009, 01:43 AM
he's still a super star

Teeboy1487
02-27-2009, 01:46 AM
He is the best point guard in the league and not a supastar? :confused: Fail.

carter15
02-27-2009, 01:55 AM
y do u choose whose a superstar and who isnt...its not is fault his team is playing lik ****...his numbers r just as good or better then last years....not only is he a superstar but hes a top 5 player in the nba.

cambovenzi
02-27-2009, 02:01 AM
y do u choose whose a superstar and who isnt...its not is fault his team is playing lik ****...his numbers r just as good or better then last years....not only is he a superstar but hes a top 5 player in the nba.

agreed, he is right up there with the bets of them.
the best PG IMO.

KaganRS
02-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Well , last time i checked , Lebron and Paul have the same number of NBA titles and MVPs.

And as for Kobe, well him and Paul are at different stages in their career; Paul is bound to win sometime.

But what happens if you take Chris Paul off that team ? .....

hotpotato1092
02-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Noob=pwned

ntat
02-27-2009, 02:12 AM
i feel like today is the day where people r making the dumbest threads, because they just want to make one so bad or something.
yes he's a superstar. he is the 2nd best PG in the league behind Beno Udrih.

Flash812
02-27-2009, 02:13 AM
If it wasn't for the injuries this year the Hornets would have a better record, hell now they are healthy and have a chance at making a run. I watch paul every game, 41 games in person and saying he is not a super star is freaking ridiculous. Do you by any chance watch full games in which paul plays in and many of them as well? Paul is as good if not better than last year but Peja and Tyson plus the bench have struggled.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 02:16 AM
I love CP3's game, he is having an allstar season hands down, but he is not lifting that team like he did a year ago. Some days you and you alone have to pick your team up. Wise words to Kevin Garnett from Bill Russell. Kobe has done it when needed. Lebron, thee superstar of the NBA are Super stars every single season. Now please don't attack me, if you can convince me he is a super star I will credit the person, and apologize. Oh and this is no attack on the fans of New Orleans.

Whoa!!
CP3 not a Superstar??
R u on crack man? He puts up great numbers started the year off with 5 straight 20+pnts and 19+assists games. Him and West are the reason we are still in the playoffs. ARE you trying to get me banned? pissing me off like this... im revoking your eligibility to post here.

superkegger
02-27-2009, 02:24 AM

Agreed. Peja is playing like garbage, Tyson has been injured. David West, while technically was in the all star game isn't exactly all star material. James Posey has not had the impact they had hoped. Morris Peterson gets no burn. And they still have almost no bench. Chris Paul is what is keeping this team together.

Also, in my opinion, part of it is that last year I think New Orleans surprised some people. They didn't know exactly how to gameplan for them, or how to gameplan for Paul. They're not surprising anyone this year, and teams are better prepared for them, and they have a target on their backs because of their success last year.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 02:26 AM
^^ Mo Pete has been hurt thats why no burn

ajj22
02-27-2009, 02:28 AM
chris paul is an absolute stud and the best pg in the league. if not for him, the hornets would be absolutely terrible. to have a 34-22 record with all the injuries they've had says some things about what he's been able to do with that team. kobe, who you mentioned, has been on teams with a worse winning percentage than that. he's still young and contributed greatly towards a gold medal last summer. don't know how much more one guy can do with what he's been given.

THE MTL
02-27-2009, 03:04 AM

SHUT UP! You have no idea what has been going on with the Hornets this season. YOU HAVE NO IDEA! HOW ABOUT YOU TRY WATCHING them before you made such a STUPID and I REPEAT STUPID thread.

Chris Paul's numbers are even better and Tyson Chandler has been sucking to the point where CHRIS PAUL has to average nearly 6 REBOUNDS A GAME to make up for Chandler's crap. David West wasnt as good as last season. Peja has been STREAKY as hell.

Everyone else around CHRIS PAUL has gotten worse.

1. Kobe needed Gasol or he was going to leave.

2. Lebron never got credit until they went out to get Mo Williams. All of a sudden he's MVP

3. Kevin Garnett last season with the Wolves resulted in a record worse than the Knicks of 2007, which was 33 wins.

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-27-2009, 05:31 AM
somebody should revoke ur ability to start threads

holocaust227
02-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Please, don't say "please don't attack me" in threads like these. The people you're talking with here are men (which is a sign of weakness in your part) and they have every right to criticize your opinion when they have facts to support it.

The major reason for me why the Hornets are in a relatively bad shape compared to last season is because of the loss of Jannero Pargo. They have no back-up PG right now that can distribute the ball well when Paul goes to the bench. The offense becomes stagnant and opposing teams takes advantage of this weakness. The second unit digs a hole for them that they can't get out of in the closing minutes of the game.

EX-TREME
02-27-2009, 07:20 AM
wtf are you talking about. cp3 are going to be better. you should complain about his teamates.

mfb_lt1birdman
02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
CP3 is fine, but like I have said in the past the Hornets suprised everyone last year and massively overachieved. Last season was a fluke and should not be held as the benchmark for them.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
best pg in the game it's not his fought his team overacheive last yr.

2011ouryear
02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
not only is he a superstar but hes a top 5 player in the nba.

A bit of a stretch..top 15-20 probably

magichatnumber9
02-27-2009, 09:21 AM
When did this thread become about the Hornets? I specificly said he was an allstar? Yeah its in the begining of the thread. Get off the high horse there is nothing negative about Chris Paul. A super star, thats what I am talking about. A player that your whole entire team has to plan around. That player who can dominate and take over a game when they have too. Chris Paul has done it before.

magichatnumber9
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
best pg in the game it's not his fought his team overacheive last yr.I never said he wasn't the best point guard in the NBA. The guy is also an allstar ect. ect. ect. I'm talking about super star. Again I have nothing buy love for CP3

Dmagic87
02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
This guy is the best PG since Magic. I pitty the fool who started this thread.

td0tsfinest
02-27-2009, 09:53 AM

I most definitely agree, while his numbers have been up the guys around him haven't been playing as great. He's a point guard; not a power forward, not a wing; for him to be effective he needs his team to play up to his level. If your able to distribute the ball but your guys can't finish, you can't be blamed for that. Guys like Tyson Chandler, Peja, Mo Pete are slumping this year.

They are still a good team, don't count them out, they can still make some noise in the playoffs.

holocaust227
02-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Which is why it's not his fault why they're not doing better. He is a super star, NOT an all-star.

Ballin_since_4
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I totally agree CP3 has lost his superstar status. Superstar players no how to get the best out of there teammates regardless. Does anybody remember Will Perdue?????

magichatnumber9
02-27-2009, 10:30 AM
I totally agree CP3 has lost his superstar status. Superstar players no how to get the best out of there teammates regardless. Does anybody remember Will Perdue?????
Wow someone who thinks for themselves instead of letting Steven A Smith do it for them.

Cubs Win
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Lol. This thread is a joke. You admit he is the best PG in the game, but he's not a superstar. If every superstar won a title every year, we'd need multiple championships. Just so you know, there is only one championship. Believe or not, any superstar does need good players surrounding them to have their team do really well. Can you name one that doesn't? And 34-22 is still damn good considering whats around him.

pedro_dude0980
02-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree with magichatnumber 9. LeBron makes others around him better and takes over when they suck, Kobe same with his team, Chauncy Billups makes Denver better, Mike Bibby in the late 90's did it, Allen Iverson on the Sixers team with no one else took them to the Finals, Baron davis is making the CLIPPERS of all teams better, Gilbert Arenas when he was healthy did it, and Steve Nash makes Phoenix a descent team. Chris Paul has some very good weapons around him by the way. . . Peja is a shooter, David West is an all star.

lakers4sho
02-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Agreed. Peja is playing like garbage, Tyson has been injured. David West, while technically was in the all star game isn't exactly all star material. James Posey has not had the impact they had hoped. Morris Peterson gets no burn. And they still have almost no bench. Chris Paul is what is keeping this team together.

Also, in my opinion, part of it is that last year I think New Orleans surprised some people. They didn't know exactly how to gameplan for them, or how to gameplan for Paul. They're not surprising anyone this year, and teams are better prepared for them, and they have a target on their backs because of their success last year.

welcome back dood!!

JordansBulls
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
CP3 has a 29.9 PER and is 2nd in the league in win shares at 11.6 Win Shares. He is leading the league in assists and steals as well.

Here are your top 5 players in Win shares this season:

Win Shares

1. LeBron James-CLE 13.3
2. Chris Paul-NOH 11.6
3. Dwight Howard-ORL 10.1
4. Pau Gasol-LAL 10.1
5. Kobe Bryant-LAL 9.7

JJ81
02-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Hes the best PG in the league but he's not in the MVP race because his team sucks.

mrblisterdundee
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
His teammates are the ones having trouble. David West is totally dependent on him. Peja is on and off. Tyson Chandler got traded and now has to deal with the awkwardness of coming back to team that tried to lose him. There are a lot of bad things going on in New Orleans, but none of them are Paul's fault. He will always be a superstar.

cp3 4 mvp
03-12-2009, 10:35 PM
At 40-23 and the third least amount of losses in the west is paul still not a superstar? We just werent healthy in the first half of the season combine that with a pretty difficult schedule. We are healthy and on a roll now.

S.J.Basketball
03-12-2009, 10:40 PM
At 40-23 and the third least amount of losses in the west is paul still not a superstar? We just werent healthy in the first half of the season combine that with a pretty difficult schedule. We are healthy and on a roll now.

Why dig this up? Let a dying thread die dood.

jetsfan28
03-12-2009, 11:00 PM
CP3 is probably having the best season ever. for a PG. Ever. At age 23.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Unnecessary bump, but I would've seen this then too had I seen this thread

C-ross12
03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
His teammates are the ones having trouble. David West is totally dependent on him. Peja is on and off. Tyson Chandler got traded and now has to deal with the awkwardness of coming back to team that tried to lose him. There are a lot of bad things going on in New Orleans, but none of them are Paul's fault. He will always be a superstar.

It can go both ways. West depends on him for points. Paul depends on West for assists. West would find success on other teams IMHO. I think its inaccurate to blame a player who plays as well as West for the struggles the hornets have had. Makes no sense to me..

Drtino
03-13-2009, 01:12 AM
I read this thread awhile ago and thought it was just stupid to make a statement like that... didn't respond then due to how ridiculous this thread was.

To mention that Chris Paul is not an NBA Star is just dumb... why did we bring this thread back again???...

Can someone just close this thread.

Someone needs to tell the noob, not to bring back dying threads that basically don't make any sense.

MagicBucsSox
03-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Deron williams is the best pg in the game he trashs chris paul who cant play d , f outta here he is a superstar just not the best pg . Dwill is doin it with nobodies boozer is m.i.a.

Vinny642
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Hes the best PG in the league but he's not in the MVP race because his team sucks.

Sucks? You do know crap if you say we suck. We are 40-23, almost 20 games over .500, that doesn't define Suck.

Vinny642
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Deron williams is the best pg in the game he trashs chris paul who cant play d , f outta here he is a superstar just not the best pg . Dwill is doin it with nobodies boozer is m.i.a.

He doesn't trash Paul, he may do better but not destroying, this year CP3 got the upperhand but teamwise Jazz do.

extreme k.closs
03-13-2009, 05:30 PM
"I love CP3's game, he is having an allstar season hands down, but he is not lifting that team like he did a year ago. Some days you and you alone have to pick your team up. Wise words to Kevin Garnett from Bill Russell. Kobe has done it when needed. Lebron, thee superstar of the NBA are Super stars every single season. Now please don't attack me, if you can convince me he is a super star I will credit the person, and apologize. Oh and this is no attack on the fans of New Orleans."

superstar status revoked? You need your fingers revoked for typing this crap

The Ooh Child
03-13-2009, 05:31 PM

Your opinion is wrong

chicagowhitesox
03-13-2009, 05:35 PM
he's definitely a superstar. one player can't win games by himself in the nba. that's why the cavs weren't great last season but they bring in mo williams and they are amazing.

Chicagofaithful
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
just think about what the hornets would be without him

YankeeFan89
03-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Cp3 is arguably the best pg in the league wow.

clehmun
03-13-2009, 06:25 PM
it's extremely difficult to earn "superstar" status in this league. but once you earned it, it's even harder to get it revoked. ie. AI, mcgrady, VC, etc.

albertc86
03-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Stupid thread. The thread starter should have his account revoked.

downsos
03-13-2009, 06:30 PM

:clap:

Flash812
03-13-2009, 11:46 PM
The hornets are starting to gel together now, they have won 9 out of the last 10 games and Chandler has brought a much needed boost of energy. CP3 had 30pts 9 ast and 6 rebounds tonight. He is definately a superstar and should be mentioned with Lebron, Kobe and Wade for MVP.

JayW_1023
03-14-2009, 07:32 AM
CP3 has put up big number so consistently the past two seasons that people for some reason get bored with it. It's like CP3 has put up 30, 9 and 6 again...that's nothing special.

If Rondo or Rose had a game like that people would be talking big about it. CP3 is just SO consistently great, up to the point where it just doesn't suprise people anymore.

It's like Timmy and his double doubles.

magichatnumber9
03-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Chris Paul sent me a message and basicly said I re-motivated him. So yeah New Orleans you owe me one.

cheesesteak121
03-14-2009, 08:11 AM
all of the people you names are scorers, CP3 isnt a true scorer hes a true point guard.

JayW_1023
03-15-2009, 05:11 AM
It's kind of a shame that people become redundant towards a player that produces so well so consistently.

Meanwhile, LeBron, Kobe and Wade get all the glory...while Cp3 deserves just as much with his ability to control the game singlehandedly.