PDA

View Full Version : ESPN keeps proving they are a bigger joke everyday

D Roses Bulls
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
i know alot of threads get posted up on here about ESPN and how they suck and all, but this really kind of baffled me. as some of you heard NORM can Lier died today. it shows major disrespect that is not on the front page. i guess because he is not a knick or celtic he doesnt get that credit, but what really kind of made me even think that they are a bigger joke was that the front stories on the website are about michael vick gettin the ok for home confinement and the yankees telling arod to stay away from his cousin or even the biggest joke of all that tom brady got married. is that news? does people really care about that type of stories? i know van lier was a bull and not a knick or celtic but you could have shown him some more respect then that ESPN (EASTERN SEA PORT NEWS). he was one of the best defensive guards in the NBA and they should of recognized that.

still1ballin
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
ok?

Kakaroach
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Actually, they dedicated a segment of PTI to him during today's episode....

D Roses Bulls
02-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Actually, they dedicated a segment of PTI to him during today's episode....

yeah i saw that, but where is it on espn.com? on the back burner. i mean i know not everyone is not a bulls fan in here, but i mean the man died and it just seems all espn cares about in basketball is the lakers, celtics, and knicks, when the bulls have the second highest attendance and more fans then any other team in the world cause of mj. this should of been made a bigger deal then it was

LakeShowRaider
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Ifeel ya man. Sorry that he to hearhe died. But u know all ESPN doesis just report the mainstream stuff. Sadly Norm isnt mainstream. But if hes as good as you say, he should get sum respect.

i know alot of threads get posted up on here about ESPN and how they suck and all, but this really kind of baffled me. as some of you heard NORM can Lier died today. it shows major disrespect that is not on the front page. i guess because he is not a knick or celtic he doesnt get that credit, but what really kind of made me even think that they are a bigger joke was that the front stories on the website are about michael vick gettin the ok for home confinement and the yankees telling arod to stay away from his cousin or even the biggest joke of all that tom brady got married. is that news? does people really care about that type of stories? i know van lier was a bull and not a knick or celtic but you could have shown him some more respect then that ESPN (EASTERN SEA PORT NEWS). he was one of the best defensive guards in the NBA and they should of recognized that.

jmastert
02-26-2009, 11:36 PM
ok? i dont think what espn is doing is a big deal. Its entertainment people like to read about that stuff

Kakaroach
02-26-2009, 11:39 PM
yeah i saw that, but where is it on espn.com? on the back burner. i mean i know not everyone is not a bulls fan in here, but i mean the man died and it just seems all espn cares about in basketball is the lakers, celtics, and knicks, when the bulls have the second highest attendance and more fans then any other team in the world cause of mj. this should of been made a bigger deal then it was Yeah, I know what you're talking about. After all, I felt that they only talked about Larry H. Miller's death on their basketball shows, and not on SportsCenter. It is kind of strange when an icon dies and its not mainstream so people do not read it.

D Roses Bulls
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. After all, I felt that they only talked about Larry H. Miller's death on their basketball shows, and not on SportsCenter. It is kind of strange when an icon dies and its not mainstream so people do not read it.

yeah i know.... i just dont get it. i mean van lier was pretty good. i mean people really wanna read about arods cousin? those people need to get a life

Lakers4ItAll
02-27-2009, 12:20 AM
get over it

Kakaroach
02-27-2009, 12:22 AM
get over it You would not be saying that if you weren't a Lakers fan who had 30 games on national TV and they are all that is talked about on ESPN...

aNYer
02-27-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm a knicks fan, you can go to the PSD knicks forum and see, they don't like the knicks. I know what point your trying to make but all their analysts bash the knicks and every move they make. We don't like ESPN. But like someone said, its not cause your Chicago, because thats a huge market, its because its newsertainment nothing more and they don't feel people will click his name. We get more coverage because more people are watching, just the truth of the matter, not saying I like it.

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-27-2009, 05:26 AM
You mad ??????????????

mjt20mik
02-27-2009, 05:55 AM
As soon as ESPN hired GP as an analysts, there credentials just dropped.

cambovenzi
02-27-2009, 05:58 AM
cry me a river dude.
sorry they didnt make a death of an old player the front page story:rolleyes:

EX-TREME
02-27-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm a knicks fan, you can go to the PSD knicks forum and see, they don't like the knicks. I know what point your trying to make but all their analysts bash the knicks and every move they make. We don't like ESPN. But like someone said, its not cause your Chicago, because thats a huge market, its because its newsertainment nothing more and they don't feel people will click his name. We get more coverage because more people are watching, just the truth of the matter, not saying I like it.

no one likes espn.

D Roses Bulls
02-27-2009, 07:25 AM
cry me a river dude.
sorry they didnt make a death of an old player the front page story:rolleyes:

man watch your mouth ok. he wasnt even old he was 61. i guess you cant complain cause your a mets fan and omg santana sitting out of spring training was such a big deal. give me a break

GCOOKIE7
02-27-2009, 08:16 AM
man watch your mouth ok. he wasnt even old he was 61. i guess you cant complain cause your a mets fan and omg santana sitting out of spring training was such a big deal. give me a break

Dude the reason why it's not on the front page is because ppl never heard of him so they don't give a ****. Nobody wants to have a big day dedicated to someone they don't know about.

D Roses Bulls
02-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Dude the reason why it's not on the front page is because ppl never heard of him so they don't give a ****. Nobody wants to have a big day dedicated to someone they don't know about.

i didnt even know who the jazz owner was till he died and that was on the front page and if you know basketball history you should know who this guy was. at least redd kerr got the front page for his death for like a whole hour till bradys marriage went through which i guess thats important to someone

BooCain
02-27-2009, 09:55 AM

I absolutely agree. ESPN is all about mess, they don't care to bring sports highlight the way that they use too, all they care is gossip and here say mess. This suppose to be the worldwide leader in sports not the freaking tabloids that they have became. Who gives a care about Tom Brady getting married, what that has to do with sports.

Aussy4GM
02-27-2009, 11:13 AM
as a bulls fan you are embarrassing.

ESPN shoots for what the fans care about. the fans care more about vick being released then Lier dieing..i mean would you care if a knick died?

Aussy4GM
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
check that would you care as much..obviously everyone would care

Steely McBeam
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
im not going to lie, i don't know who this guy but espn is a joke, they have become the TMZ or the entertainment tonight of sports

GCOOKIE7
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
i didnt even know who the jazz owner was till he died and that was on the front page and if you know basketball history you should know who this guy was. at least redd kerr got the front page for his death for like a whole hour till bradys marriage went through which i guess thats important to someone

it doesn't mean I care. Look if you do care about the guy than you'd hear about it and that's all you can do. If you don't care than who cares if you know about it.. you can just change the channel

Giaps
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
They're a joke for many reasons. I've been saying this for years.

See topic, "What's worse? MTV or ESPN?" http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145973

YankeeFan89
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
i still like espn

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
please, dont compare ESPN to MTV

KB24PG16
02-27-2009, 09:05 PM
You would not be saying that if you weren't a Lakers fan who had 30 games on national TV and they are all that is talked about on ESPN...

we got a hater add him to the list

Ollie Tabooger
02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
get over it

lol

D Roses Bulls
02-27-2009, 09:37 PM

ESPN shoots for what the fans care about. the fans care more about vick being released then Lier dieing..i mean would you care if a knick died?

embarrassing? go check the comments under the article alot of people cared and was disgusted that this wasnt on the front page. i probably owuldnt care as much if it were a knick but i would agree it should be on the front page. so your one of the guys who cares about vick? so your one of the people who espn caters too then. who cares that tom brady got married or about arods cousin. wow...... you must watch tmz as well

D Roses Bulls
02-27-2009, 09:41 PM

one more question.... do you work for espn or something? because your doing a good job promoting them. come on skip bayless how many times do i have to tell you?

GLobo
02-27-2009, 09:48 PM
anything content worth anything is espn insider, i switched to getting majority of my sports news from SI and rotoworld and havent looked back to espn since!

hotdogbun
02-27-2009, 10:00 PM
damn stephon is officially a celtic! dayum now i gotta hate on one of my fave playaz