PDA

View Full Version : Iggy is good?

alem0022
02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
So I'm new to PSD, and I've discovered a trend on most forums that I don't agree with. There seems to be an adoration for Andre Iguodala that I don't understand.

I have always thought, despite his freakish athletic abilities, that he is quite overrated and extremely overpaid.

Am I wrong?

Marius
02-26-2009, 11:12 PM
He's built for a fast paced team. The sixers gambled on EB, and are paying for it.

He'd be a 30 PPG scorer in D'antoni's system.

IRUAM #21
02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
He's good, but overpaid.

Kakaroach
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Very good, but is over-paid. He uses his athleticism to get to the rim and can't do much else.

alem0022
02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
In other words he's Shawn Marion? Great in the SSOL Offense (Copyright Bill Simmons), not nearly as good in the half-court.

Phitin' Phan
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM
He can get to the rim and is a very streaky shooter. Yes he is overpaid but who isn't in the NBA? But what people don't notice is his defensive which is one of the top in the league and 5.5 apg, 4.9 rpg, and 1.7 spg is solid too.

So yes I am being biased but I do agree he is overpaid. With a good shot he could be a superstar in this league... but... his shot is ballsack.

alem0022
02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Good to get the opinion of a Philly fan. I guess he's a top 15 SG in the league, which is pretty good.

More-Than-Most
02-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Good to get the opinion of a Philly fan. I guess he's a top 15 SG in the league, which is pretty good.

He is good but he will never be the leader that he proclaims himself to be... 10 seconds left with the ball down 1 and I don't want it in his hands because he is an avg shooter at best. He just cant make the big shot when it counts and is extremely over paid.

dawallbanger
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
He dosen't play hard everynight!

pd7631
02-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Iggy is a good player, but I think that he's a #2 option at best on a good team. He fills up the stat sheet every night, so whatever he may lack with his jumper, he makes up for in other ways. It is true that in a slowed down half court style offense he really struggles(look back to how Detroit shut him down in the playoffs last year). But all in all he's a very good player, just not a great player.

As far as him being overpaid.....the Sixers FO didn't really have a choice but to overpay him after they signed Brand. There was no way they could sign an "all star" big man to be the so called "solution" to the team's shortcomings, and not re-sign Iggy to be "Robin" to Brand's "Batman". I think that if things with Elton work out eventually, then Iggy won't be seen as overpaid.

alem0022
02-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Iggy is a good player, but I think that he's a #2 option at best on a good team. He fills up the stat sheet every night, so whatever he may lack with his jumper, he makes up for in other ways. It is true that in a slowed down half court style offense he really struggles(look back to how Detroit shut him down in the playoffs last year). But all in all he's a very good player, just not a great player.

As far as him being overpaid.....the Sixers FO didn't really have a choice but to overpay him after they signed Brand. There was no way they could sign an "all star" big man and the so called "solution" to the team's shortcomings, and not re-sign his Iggy to be "Robin" to Brand's "Batman". I think that if things with Elton work out eventually, then Iggy won't be seen as overpaid.

Legit. By the way, great sig. I lived in Philly from '98-'05 and (even though I've always been a Spurs fan) I can help but miss seeing The Answer in a Sixers jersey putting up 50+ points against the Raptors in '01.

Knowledge
02-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Iggy is a very good player, he can do alot of different things to help you win. He is a good half court player, but the problem is that you need shooters that can space the floor for him and open up driving lanes. He isnt a complete player offensively so he cant create a shot in any situation, but if their were shooters on the periemeter he could at least get to lane more/create plays for others more.

He and Miller are the only players that get the attention of more than on defender constantly, so his weaknesses as a scorer are only more glaring thanks to our team's weakness. Overall he is a guy who should be a #3 scoring option becasue that isnt something that he seems to excel at/like to do. He is passive and likes to create for others more than himself.

I have always said he can be the 2nd best player on a championship team, but he will most likely be the 3rd scoring option.

albertc86
02-26-2009, 11:59 PM
He's overpaid and overrated. He's an exciting player, but by no means a franchise player.

pd7631
02-27-2009, 12:01 AM
He's overpaid and overrated. He's an exciting player, but by no means a franchise player.

Who thinks he's a franchise player? I can guarantee that no Sixers fan thinks that he's a franchise player.

dbow1920
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Iguodala is overpaid yes and he isnt a real go-to scorer...however the guy does so much for the sixers...he gets rebounds, plays amazing d and gets a good amount of assists...hes a team player who is capable of putting up 20 pts 6-7 reb and 5-6 ast every night...iggy IMO is a top 10 SF but not a number 1 option...not bad for a guy that was forced into the limelight at 23

Sport
02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
He is the real AI.

alem0022
02-27-2009, 12:28 AM
good to see people agree

GSW fan
02-27-2009, 12:31 AM
hes ok

albertc86
02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Who thinks he's a franchise player? I can guarantee that no Sixers fan thinks that he's a franchise player.

He wants franchise player money and he basically became the franchise player when Iverson was traded. Hasn't really panned out.

$ NyC $
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't think he's overpaid due 2 one fact.
Based on his stats this year, yes he def. is overpaid.
But when you look at his stats last year, many, including myself, thought he def. was gonna put up all-star numbers this year. Instead, he struggled immensely with Brands presence chucking up 5 3's a game. Ever since Brand's injury he's gone back 2 the Iggy we got use 2.

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Big A.I. is good,but he is not one of the players that cause a double team and yeah he is overpaid

Fire&Ice2&33
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
He is the real AI.

Hahahahah this is a joke

JJ81
02-27-2009, 04:54 PM
He'd be a 30 PPG scorer in D'antoni's system.

Yep

abe_froman
02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
yes he's good,but if your expecting he to be among the top 10 in the league,probably not.but doesnt mean he isnt good

SeoulBeatz
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Iguodala REALLY STRUGGLED at the beginning of the season, but since their 8-12 start under Mo Cheeks, Tony Dileo mustv done somehting cus Iggy has been playing pretty well since then. here are his numbers since....

20.2 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 5.2 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.7 bpg, .502 FG%, and a much improved .342% from 3pt range.

he is not a superstar by any means, but those are pretty damn good numbers and u cant deny that. his field goal percentages have been insane for a #1 scoring option.

His last game against the wiz he had 21, 9, 11 and 4 steals

he fills the stat sheet every night and depsite his lack of a consistent jump shot, he finds other ways to contribute when its not going down and thats something that many of todays socalled "all stars" need to learn how to do sometimes.

Iggy is a pass first SF. He always looks to pass first, and thats rare in the NBA. He doesnt need to be in the limelight because he knows his limits. But h is extremely efficient and for those who think he can only dunk, need to stop being downright ignorant and watch some Sixers games.

that is all

MTone8788
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
He wants franchise player money and he basically became the franchise player when Iverson was traded. Hasn't really panned out.

Find me an artical with Iguodala stating how much money he wants.

Ohhhhh!! YOU WON'T FIND IT! Maybe cuz he never talked about money ever. It's not his fault he got paid. I'd take that money he is getting to if I was offered it.

I think Iguodala is an all star caliber player who has not been an all star yet. His jumpshot has gotten better year by year, he plays great defense, he is a really good passer and pretty good rebounder and he has been getting better handling the ball. I think sometimes he doesn't penetrate as often as he should, because when he does penetrate he is a great finisher and he is good at kicking the ball out or finding the open man when attention goes to him.

No question he is one of the most athletic player in the league. Watch the highlights to the sixers last game. He came down the middle and went up, pulled the ball down under the defender and then back up to dunk it, like nothing.

Lakersfan2483
02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
He's not a franchise player, he would be better suited as a no. 2 or no. 3 option.

Missing56&33
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
So I'm new to PSD, and I've discovered a trend on most forums that I don't agree with. There seems to be an adoration for Andre Iguodala that I don't understand.

I have always thought, despite his freakish athletic abilities, that he is quite overrated and extremely overpaid.

Am I wrong?

agreed, he has talent and athletic ability but hes not an "elite" player some may say he is but IMO hes not. I can go a month and not hear his name mentioned once. I hear about SD and AM more than A Igu