PDA

View Full Version : Devin Harris turning into a superstar?

jkiddvc20
02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
After Harris and his amazing week dropping 39, and 42 and hitting the shot of the year his status has elevated greatly. Being a near lock for MIP and averaging 23 ppg and 7 apg do you think he has elevated his status into not just an all star but a bonafide superstar in this league. He is one of only 5 players in the NBA averaging at least 20 and 7 and the other 4 are all superstars in Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Lebron James, and Joe Johnson. Is Harris truly a superstar and a guy you can truly build a franchise around. I truly say yes.

Corey
02-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Doesn't have the defense to be a real superstar in my opinion.

Kakaroach
02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
No defense and playing on a team where he gets a ton of touches. Plus, his team is not even in the playoffs.

carter15
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
No defense and playing on a team where he gets a ton of touches. Plus, his team is not even in the playoffs.

so Durant isnt a superstar....or steve nash...or amare...or al jefferson...or bosh...or granger ?

Durant is hype
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Not a superstar......

handbanana55
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
so Durant isnt a superstar....or steve nash...or amare...or al jefferson...or bosh...or granger ?

well said:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kakaroach
02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
so Durant isnt a superstar....or steve nash...or amare...or al jefferson...or bosh...or granger ? I didn't say they weren't superstars did I? Harris is spectacular, but is a horrid defender and is on a team where it is a two-man show with Vince carter. Guys like Big Al and Granger are good defenders.

JabberJaw
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Great response...None of those guys play D...especially Nash, but they're all studs. Harris is definitely turning into a star....he's definitely a stud...

unwantedplayer
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
No, his game hasn't reached that level.

Lakersfan2483
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
He's an all-star type of player, not a superstar, there is a big difference between being an all star and superstar.

Baller1
02-26-2009, 10:09 PM
After Harris and his amazing week dropping 39, and 42 and hitting the shot of the year his status has elevated greatly. Being a near lock for MIP and averaging 23 ppg and 7 apg do you think he has elevated his status into not just an all star but a bonafide superstar in this league. He is one of only 5 players in the NBA averaging at least 20 and 7 and the other 4 are all superstars in Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Lebron James, and Joe Johnson. Is Harris truly a superstar and a guy you can truly build a franchise around. I truly say yes.

I truly feel that he truly hasn't reached that level yet, truly. I truly feel, however, that he truly has the potential to truly reach that level one day.

JordanPippen
02-26-2009, 10:09 PM
he's been playin well, but take yesterday's game against the bulls with a grain of salt. whoever plays us looks like a superstar

theuuord
02-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I truly feel that he truly hasn't reached that level yet, truly. I truly feel, however, that he truly has the potential to truly reach that level one day.

truly, do you truly feel that way? truly?

mrblisterdundee
02-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I think the Mavericks are realizing more and more every day what a bad decision they made not keeping him. He is obviously one of the top point guards in the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Devin Harris
5. Steve Nash
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Jameer Nelson
8. Andre Miller
9. Derrick Rose
10. Russel Westbrook

dre1990
02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
He's an all-star type of player, not a superstar, there is a big difference between being an all star and superstar.

Agreed

njnets
02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
i wouldn't say yes for now, but in about two years he will be up there. also, to those who say he does not play D, yes his D has gone down but not to the extend of invisible. he was known pretty well by mavs fans as a good perimeter defender who played hard nosed defense. could be wrong, thats the way i see him play D. not as productive as he used to be because he has to carry a very big offensive load but his D is still good and productive to the nets imo.

IRUAM #21
02-26-2009, 10:26 PM

I truly agree wit you truly.

_Sn1P3r_
02-26-2009, 10:40 PM
I truly agree wit you truly.

:laugh: :laugh:

theuuord
02-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Devin Harris was the sole reason we won these last two games.

He has been the difference-maker in multiple other games.

He and Vince Carter have taken essentially a batch of nobodies (and Brook Lopez) to the brink of playoff contention.

What they're doing is actually pretty remarkable.

jtchilln
02-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I'd take Rondo over Harris anyday of the week.

IRUAM #21
02-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Devin Harris was the sole reason we won these last two games.

He has been the difference-maker in multiple other games.

He and Vince Carter have taken essentially a batch of nobodies (and Brook Lopez) to the brink of playoff contention.

What they're doing is actually pretty remarkable.
Agreed

I'd take Rondo over Harris anyday of the week.

I wouldn't

Korman12
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Although he may not be at the superstar level (that's Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Paul territory) he's still a very young player and is expanding his game very quickly. I would say he wont be at the level of the previous guys mentioned above, but I'm not putting it past him to surprise me.

Mark Cuban should be kicking himself every other game.

xXskywalkerXx
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
i think he's has superstar skill without the ego....he'll do what is asked of him and now its scoring because the team needs it. if he was back in dallas which with dirk and howard and terry i'm sure he would be the defender and distributor. he is unstoppable in the lane and can get in there at will.

magichatnumber9
02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Most of my fellow Boston Celtic fans would say no because they feel that if Rondo gets no respect then anyone not cp3 D-will or J-Kidd is not a super star. But me YEAH WHY NOT. Celtics owner Wyc G also thinks he is an emerging superstar. Also his veins are ice cold, something Rondo could learn, esp after the loss to the clips.

jmastert
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM

Beautiful :dance:

jmastert
02-26-2009, 11:39 PM
everyone also has to realize that the nets were supposed to be the worst team in the league. (predicted by many sports analysts) we proved them all wrong. Devin Harris has super star status or is very very close to it. NO QUESTION!

nstachowski
02-26-2009, 11:40 PM

x2

carter15
02-27-2009, 12:04 AM
I didn't say they weren't superstars did I? Harris is spectacular, but is a horrid defender and is on a team where it is a two-man show with Vince carter. Guys like Big Al and Granger are good defenders.

no..but u mentioned how his team isnt a playoff team..i dont think they shud be held against a guy when deciding if there a superstar...im not saying devin is one..just that how good ur team is shudnt be in the criteria...kobe was a superstar even that year or 2 the lakers wernt very good.

Afridi786
02-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Can't build a team around him, he's the 2nd option at best on a contender....so no he's not.

D-Amazins
02-27-2009, 04:41 AM

I believe he's a good defender, he's def. not as bad as guys like Kidd & Nash.

What does it matter how many touches he gets because he's a PG so it's obvious hes going to get a TON of touches as that's his job is to handle the roc.

Who cares if his team isn't on a playoff seed, there at least contending for it and only 1 game back at that. That was just stupid to say.

I didn't say they weren't superstars did I? Harris is spectacular, but is a horrid defender and is on a team where it is a two-man show with Vince carter. Guys like Big Al and Granger are good defenders.

Ok And Big Al is a Show almost alone (Aside from Randy Foye) Granger is aswell.

Your just losing your argument.

To answer the thread question. Harris is obviously ALREADY an All-Star. Yes he is def. going into Superstar esque level. You don't need a big ego to do it either, Duncan is a superstar and hes about as laid back & quiet as they come.

thedfactor
02-27-2009, 04:45 AM
Devin Harris is turning into a sure all-star. Super star is more for the LBJ, Kobe, Paul...but Harris is becoming amazing. He was one of the best at drawing offensive fouls...that's good defense in my book regardless if half were flops.

aNYer
02-27-2009, 05:51 AM
I think your a little hyped cause he is your guy. His D is holding him back and like it was said its a 2 man show, but he is a great player, you guys just RAPED Dallas with that trade.

EX-TREME
02-27-2009, 06:37 AM
he could be a superstar.

JJ81
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Not quite yet.

albertc86
02-27-2009, 12:21 PM

You're being too generous with the "superstar" label. Superstars are LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Paul, Duncan and Howard. Perhaps, Nowitzki too.

chrislu31
02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
I think the Mavericks are realizing more and more every day what a bad decision they made not keeping him. He is obviously one of the top point guards in the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Devin Harris
5. Steve Nash
6. Rajon Rondo
7. Jameer Nelson
8. Andre Miller
9. Derrick Rose
10. Russel Westbrook

wow, no billups huh?

albertc86
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
wow, no billups huh?

No love for Billups, Kidd or Harris.

wolf3742
02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree with the others that the superstar level is the Kobe, Paul Lebron, Howard, Wade level and Harris has not YER reached that. If he continues to be like this for a another season or two then he can be but not yet. But ALL STAR yes he definitely is

durtee
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
He is a top 5 or 6 PG. I am not sure if that makes you a superstar, but he is certainly a great player.

BranWingss
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
The thing about Harris is hes not a playmaker which he should be. Vince Carter is the playmaker on that team. Harris should try spreading the ball around.

JIDsanity
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Superstars are made in the playoffs

JIDsanity
02-27-2009, 01:25 PM

All you do is hate on the Nets, Harris is one of the top rated defenders in the league

theuuord
02-27-2009, 01:32 PM
The thing about Harris is hes not a playmaker which he should be. Vince Carter is the playmaker on that team. Harris should try spreading the ball around.

Harris is 13th in the league with 6.6 assists per game and 11th in the league with a 33.3% assist percentage. (Assist percentage is an estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor.)

Try again.

The Prodigy
02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
i feel that he has hit the ceiling and wont get much better

$ NyC $
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I think he can make it. His jumper is improving and he's getting some 3-point range. His drive is amazing due to his spectacular speed. Once he starts hittin it from furthur distances this kids gonna be a serious threat 4 over 27 ppg status. As 4 his D, he's not as good as he use 2 b with Dallas but he's still OK. Sometimes he looks like he just doesn't care tho.

2 me a superstar is some1 who takes pride in his team, takes pride in every win. A superstar is a guy who's gonna come through with that big play that big bucket that the rest of the team wouldn't be willing to take. That's LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Dirk, prob. Paul. As for Dwight I'm not even sure he's there because i don't think he has all the moves yet to make those clutch plays.

np6526
02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Has anyone ever watched this kid play? He is NASTY! He just turned 26 and he's entering his prime. The Nets have NOBODY. A bunch of scrubs, and older VC, and a rookie center in Brook Lopez. I believe they are only a game out of the playoff race. He's single handedly put them in the picture. Sure Vince gets his 22 a game, but Harris is the driving force behind their offense. And for ANYONE that says he can't play D, and is in the likes of Nash and Kidd with his Defense is ridiculous. He's always been known for his on-ball D, since his days in Dallas. His offense is just now blossoming. Personally I know Im gonna get ******* for this but I'd take him over any point guard other than CP3 and Derrick Rose. This factors in age and ability more than anything. I know Nash and Kidd are hall of famers, but I think they're done and getting a little washed up at this point..

kEviN21
02-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Not top 5 but top 10 definitely.

Drtino
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
He sure is becoming one...

I am glad we have him on our team...lol

YankeeFan89
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
All star

chicagowhitesox
02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
he's in the upper echelon of point guards, but he's not a superstar.

Missing56&33
02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
no :pity: remember DH has been to a final and he did not finish. so no surprise right now but can he make his teammates better? Thats what Avery Johnson was looking for

Missing56&33
02-27-2009, 06:46 PM
stephon marbury did the same thing with the nets and made the all star team. If your comparing DH to SM, I say Ok good comparison

JIDsanity
02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I think he can make it. His jumper is improving and he's getting some 3-point range. His drive is amazing due to his spectacular speed. Once he starts hittin it from furthur distances this kids gonna be a serious threat 4 over 27 ppg status. As 4 his D, he's not as good as he use 2 b with Dallas but he's still OK. Sometimes he looks like he just doesn't care tho.

2 me a superstar is some1 who takes pride in his team, takes pride in every win. A superstar is a guy who's gonna come through with that big play that big bucket that the rest of the team wouldn't be willing to take. That's LeBron, Kobe, Pierce, Dirk, prob. Paul. As for Dwight I'm not even sure he's there because i don't think he has all the moves yet to make those clutch plays.
That's what I'm thinking. This season was to show what he could do, so I'm hoping that he goes into the off-season thinking of ways to improve his jumpshot even more, rather than him becoming content. I'm also looking to see if he steps it up in the playoffs if we make it

Drtino
02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
This past two games, he looked like he was commited to pass the ball and assist to the open man when the time came to do it.

Little by little, he's becoming that complete player.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-27-2009, 07:21 PM
He is definitely is merging into superstar lane.

Sportfan
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM

well said :clap: