PDA

View Full Version : The Allen Iverson Appreciation Thread (VIDEO)

SeoulBeatz
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
ALLEN IVERSON CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: i made this **** last night cus i was bored, enjoy!

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4569385/12234685

I've been seeing a lot of hate towards A.I on this site recently.

and with good reason, he is a hard player to like if u havent seen him play on a consistent basis, and especially with all the negative media attention he gets, people get the wrong impression of A.I all the time.

You see a low career field goal percentage, arrests, "practice?", a big ego, selfishness.

But I see a player who gives his all every game. You can see it in his eyes when he's playing that all he wants to do is win. All 6'0 165 of him. Constantly playing out of position yet still having the 3rd highest ppg average in NBA history only behind Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.

people in philly have seen the interviews where A.I is a genuinely well mannered guy. You have to look past the street clothes and tattoos. And soon youll see a guy whos really matured over the years. He may not be having as much success as he used to, but he isn't causing a fuss nor is he playing down to his critics.

but yet, you have to either hate him or love him,

but even if u hate him, you have to respect him for his hustle and for being one of the most exciting players to ever play this game.

he's lost a step but he brought his own swagger, and signature style to the game. dribbling would never be the same lol.

so what's your opinion on A.I?

jrice9
02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
the greatest little man ever and one of my all time favourites

SeoulBeatz
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
glad u like him

Bucks_Packers
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
AI needs to play with 4 monkeys in order to look impressive

pd7631
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
AI needs to play with 4 monkeys in order to look impressive

Name a player in the NBA that doesn't play with 4 other monkeys :rimshot:

I'm sorry, I'm so not a racist.......but I couldn't resist lol

pd7631
02-26-2009, 10:11 PM
On a serious note....only Philly fans can truly appreciate AI for who he is and what he meant to basketball in Philadelphia

AI is the greatest little man ever to play the game, as well as the toughest......once again something that I think only Philly fans can truly understand......he's our real life Rocky

pd7631
02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
great video btw....although I would've picked a different song

durtee
02-26-2009, 10:19 PM

+1. At first I thought the same thing about the song, but it sort of fit.

It's actually pretty amazing the lack of respect shown for AI on this board. I guess people hate on him because of his thug like personality and the fact that he hasn't won a championship. But he is the greatest little man ever and can take anyone off the dribble. He will go down as one of the best pure scorers of all time and considering that he was always undersized against his opponent, that is pretty amazing.

SeoulBeatz
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM

yeah i feel u, the song takes some getting used to but in the end it fits.

the breakdown with the rapping halfway through work crazy well with iversons slow mo, its poetry in motion

Hotone1401
02-27-2009, 02:39 AM
+1. At first I thought the same thing about the song, but it sort of fit.

It's actually pretty amazing the lack of respect shown for AI on this board. I guess people hate on him because of his thug like personality and the fact that he hasn't won a championship. But he is the greatest little man ever and can take anyone off the dribble. He will go down as one of the best pure scorers of all time and considering that he was always undersized against his opponent, that is pretty amazing.

People don't really hate on AI. Just because someone says something critical about his game doesn't mean they are hatin on him. It is the truth. AI is one of the best pure scorers off all-time I will give you that. Everyother facet of his game is horrible and he never developed into a complete player. He can't defend and he can't stop penetration. AI is really only effective if a team is built around him and his only responsibility is to score.

I really don't care for AI. It has nothing to do with his personality or the way he dresses. I actually think the dude is a decent guy. I just don't respect his game at all. You are also wrong about him being the best little man ever. I can name a few guys I would take on a team before AI...for example Isiah Thomas, Chris Paul, and Pistol Pete if you want to win. But if you want a ball-dominating, inefficient shooting, no defense playing, ball carrying, no practicing, and whining after every missed touch foul, player who only passes the ball as a last resort than I would go with Allen Iverson. It's like I said...great little man scorer but the guy is an incomplete player with so many holes in his game, and that is where all the criticism you call "hate" comes from.

superkegger
02-27-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm still somewhat undecided on AI.

On one hand, he's was a phenomenal individual talent. A game changer, and incredibly tough and fearless and played with as much heart as anyone ever has. No challenge was too big, and he played to win, and never gave up.

On the other hand, while he played fearlessly and with so much heart, his style of game is what I guess you could call selfish. Not that your best player shouldn't be somewhat selfish, because a lot of times being aggresive pays its dividends. But with AI's style of play, I never felt, and the results confirmed it, that he would never be a champion. And that's pretty much the only reason you play the game right, to be crowned a champion.

I don't know. Maybe he just never had the right team around him, maybe if he had better teams he would have won a championship. But he didn't, and it's hard for me to wholy appreciate a guy who style of play, I feel, wouldn't allow for him to be a champion.

I hope that's clear enough. I'll expand upon it if need be. But don't take it as hating on AI. I do appreciate what he brings to the table, and the beauty of what he can do when he steps on that court. I just feel like it's hard to appreciate without also remembering that perhaps because of how he played, he never achieved his ultimate goal.

DenButsu
02-27-2009, 02:54 AM
What, is he retiring or something? There haven't been enough (LENGTHY) threads about him recently already? :shrug:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Allen Iverson is an inspiration to everyone who came from nothing, and gives them hope that you can.

Greatest little man to EVER pick up a basketball.

COLH
02-27-2009, 03:43 AM
he's a unique talent. one of the players that revolutionized the game. definitely a hall of famer. I don't know if he'll ever win a ring, I sure hope he does. It would be pretty cool if he'd go back to Philly

GoatMilk
02-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Allen Iverson is an inspiration to everyone who came from nothing, and gives them hope that you can.

Greatest little man to EVER pick up a basketball.

Isiah Lord Thomas III says hello

toisdabest81
02-27-2009, 03:51 AM
My favorite athlete ever.

hotdogbun
02-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Isiah Lord Thomas III says hello

And AI says goodbye

hotdogbun
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM
On a serious note....only Philly fans can truly appreciate AI for who he is and what he meant to basketball in Philadelphia

AI is the greatest little man ever to play the game, as well as the toughest......once again something that I think only Philly fans can truly understand......he's our real life Rocky

im a laker fan but i really appreciate what AI has done. thats why his my 2nd favorite player. when i started watching NBA the 1st player that really got my attention was AI and he became my 1st ever favorite nba player eventhough i never became a sixer fan.

durtee
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM
People don't really hate on AI. Just because someone says something critical about his game doesn't mean they are hatin on him. It is the truth. AI is one of the best pure scorers off all-time I will give you that. Everyother facet of his game is horrible and he never developed into a complete player. He can't defend and he can't stop penetration. AI is really only effective if a team is built around him and his only responsibility is to score.

I really don't care for AI. It has nothing to do with his personality or the way he dresses. I actually think the dude is a decent guy. I just don't respect his game at all. You are also wrong about him being the best little man ever. I can name a few guys I would take on a team before AI...for example Isiah Thomas, Chris Paul, and Pistol Pete if you want to win. But if you want a ball-dominating, inefficient shooting, no defense playing, ball carrying, no practicing, and whining after every missed touch foul, player who only passes the ball as a last resort than I would go with Allen Iverson. It's like I said...great little man scorer but the guy is an incomplete player with so many holes in his game, and that is where all the criticism you call "hate" comes from.

Every other aspect of his game is horrible? Really? This entire post is hating on AI. There are plenty of threads bashing AI, go to one of those. Maybe I will respond to your nonsense there.

BigSteve
02-28-2009, 01:19 AM

Gotta say I kinda agree. I think hes one of the more overrated players to ever play. Hes a scoring machine and his effort is commendable, but his game as a whole is to flawed to place him in the company of the greats. Thats one of the problems I have with AI fans. Half of the game is defense. If you are so bad at the game that you are a liability for your team, you can't be one of the best ever. The greats are complete players who had a impact on both ends of the floor.

lorenz00
02-28-2009, 01:20 AM
yea IA For life

Jaji
02-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Inch for inch... the best player ever. Real talk.

Theanswer76
02-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Glad to read that some people actual like him in this forum, everyone on PSD trashes him.

Mile High Champ
02-28-2009, 02:05 AM
haha iverson is done like dinner...

dre1990
02-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Name a player in the NBA that doesn't play with 4 other monkeys :rimshot:

I'm sorry, I'm so not a racist.......but I couldn't resist lol

that wasnt called for:pity:

Hotone1401
02-28-2009, 02:40 AM
Every other aspect of his game is horrible? Really? This entire post is hating on AI. There are plenty of threads bashing AI, go to one of those. Maybe I will respond to your nonsense there.

Uhh yea...really.

pd7631
that wasnt called for:pity:

c'mon man, don't be so sensitive....it was just a joke

pd7631
Uhh yea...really.

false

Jaji
02-28-2009, 09:50 AM

It wasn't funny... at all.

pd7631
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
It wasn't funny... at all.

why don't you cry about it?

dre1990
02-28-2009, 03:32 PM

I can take jokes... even most black jokes, but that was just racist

Jaji
02-28-2009, 04:51 PM
why don't you cry about it?

Real tough over the internet huh? :pity:

You're pathetic.

The Answer3
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
. I can name a few guys I would take on a team before AI...for example Isiah Thomas, Chris Paul, and Pistol Pete if you want to win. But if you want a ball-dominating, inefficient shooting, no defense playing, ball carrying, no practicing, and whining after every missed touch foul, player who only passes the ball as a last resort than I would go with Allen Iverson. It's like I said...great little man scorer but the guy is an incomplete player with so many holes in his game, and that is where all the criticism you call "hate" comes from.

Pistol Pete? Joke of the century. Pistol Pete was a MUCH bigger team cancer and selfish player than AI who only played for stats. Its a joke the man was voted into the top 50 all-time. As bad of a defender AI is, Pete was pretty pathetic. People call AI a inefficient chucker, Pete's the definition of it. And the man played with talent such as Gail Goodrich, Spencer Haywood, Walt Bellamy, Bill Bridges etc. Very TO prone. AI has done MORE with LESS talent.

Your post is filled with hate? LMAO @ ball carrying and that practice speech. You're telling me all the other stars dont carry the ball? :laugh:

Mets4Life101
02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
iverson is the man

pd7631
02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Real tough over the internet huh? :pity:

You're pathetic.

I wasn't trying to be tough.....I guess people just can't take a joke without throwing a hissy fit these days

I'll apologize, because I don't want this thread to be about what can and can't be said anymore in America. So for the sake of ending this rediculous argument I'll admit to being wrong....yes it was a racist comment, but I did not mean anything by it

Please come back to Philly AI, we lost to Orlando tonight because we have to rely on Iggy to make a jumper at the end to win....

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2009, 11:32 PM
lol could this thread stop being a race war and just about lovin or hating A.I

pd7631
02-28-2009, 11:37 PM
lol could this thread stop being a race war and just about lovin or hating A.I

Sorry dude, I'm seriously tryin to move on