PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams

Nexus
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
In the spirit of appreciating point guards not named Paul, lets take a look at Deron William's PTS/AST since January 12th (injury wore off?).

23/11
25/6
27/12
30/9
17/11
32/11
17/16
15/10
19/13
24/12
35/5
34/12
34/4
31/10
31/11
20/15
18/10
20/13
15/10
13/13

Minus being relatively slow defending dribble penetration, he's a damn good defender. Does a part season of being out with and battling injury make us forget about people? I don't remember seeing his name too often on the top 15 players thread. These stats aren't an aberration, it's simply a matter of being healthy. Forget top 10 point guards, I think it's time to think about this guy as a top 10 player in the league.

DrDEADalready
02-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know how many times. I try to prove he's better than Paul. but just because paul get more love on TV than Deron does. everyone goes with Paul.

Deron>>> Paul. Hands down especially Head to head.

Twistedheat
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
heating up since coming back from that injury... scary team come playoff time

DamnGoat
02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
It's a shame how undervalued he is.

VCaintdead17
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
for realz.

Deron in my opinion is a top 5 player in the leagure

jimbobjarree
02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
will be interesting to see what the NBA does if he keeps up his form...give the all nba first team PG spot to their golden boy Chris Paul who wont even have homecourt in the first round of the playoffs (thats if the hornets make the playoffs), or give it to a guy who gets little media attention on a team thats rarely talked about but who has lead his injury ridden team to an impressive top 4 seed

abe_froman
02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
one of the best,too bad he's overshadowed by paul,so doesnt get the recognition

Squad13
02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't know how many times. I try to prove he's better than Paul. but just because paul get more love on TV than Deron does. everyone goes with Paul.

I agree that D will is better, but it's pretty close. Williams size is what seperates them IMO.

Lakers4ItAll
02-26-2009, 04:30 PM
DWill is a great PG but no way is he better than CP3

ShakeN'Bake
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Id honestly rather have d-will than paul. Only because hes been one of my favorite players since his college days. But Paul is a tad better than d-will.

barker
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
it really doesnt matter becaues DR1 will be better than both of them

carter15
02-26-2009, 05:02 PM

:speechless:

DWill is a great PG but no way is he better than CP3
:clap:

CP3>Deron....only one > ..not five >>>>>....its close...but CP3 is clearly better....league leader in assists and steals AND avgs. 20+ pts...correct me if anything i said there was incorrect.

BullsNumber1Fan
02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
In 2 years it will be this:

D.Rose > C.Paul > D.Williams

:D:p

DrDEADalready
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM

CP3>Deron....only one > ..not five >>>>>....its close...but CP3 is clearly better....league leader in assists and steals AND avgs. 20+ pts...correct me if anything i said there was incorrect.

One thing you said was wrong. it was this > this is what it should be Deron>>>> Paul.

aWiLL 20
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
i honestly think deron is better than cp3. he's got the advantage in range, power, and defense. paul has him in quickness and ball handling (maybe). but i'd rather have d-will on my team. espn looks for flashy plays and players. deron isn't that, he plays basketball...i think a lot of ppl have cp3 highly overrated and deron highly underrated.

MagicBucsSox
02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
he's THE BEST PG IN THE GAME,i dare someone say paul, you better check the matchup stats

MTone8788
02-26-2009, 05:22 PM
i honestly think deron is better than cp3. he's got the advantage in range, power, and defense. paul has him in quickness and ball handling (maybe). but i'd rather have d-will on my team. espn looks for flashy plays and players. deron isn't that, he plays basketball...i think a lot of ppl have cp3 highly overrated and deron highly underrated.

How is Chris Paul highly overrated? Just because he is talked about alot doesn't mean he is overrated, there is no denying he is an outstanding player.

Deron Williams is not talked about like that, but I think they are on the same level.

I don't know who is better. But the history of Paul vs. Williams gives Deron Williams a big advantage.

The Answer3
02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
he's THE BEST PG IN THE GAME,i dare someone say paul, you better check the matchup stats
Does that make Yao Ming better than Howard?

aWiLL 20
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I think ppl talking about you a lot when there are ppl on your level, if not better (d-will> cp3).... is the definition of overrated lol think about it.

xxdc2tegxx
02-26-2009, 07:34 PM

In some aspects yes...yaos offensive game imo will never be matched by howards

DerekRE_3
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM

There's definitely no bias on your part...

Hawkeye15
02-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I have said for 2 years, that Deron is the 2nd best PG in the NBA. To anyone who says he is better than Paul, you are delusional. But Deron not making an all star team at this point is borderline criminal

Hawkeye15
02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
In some aspects yes...yaos offensive game imo will never be matched by howards

hahahahaha. Yao's offensive skills, okay. But the second he puts it on the floor, steal. If he is pushed outside his range, brick. Howard is by far and away the best C in the NBA. There is no argument. At all

MJ-BULLS
02-26-2009, 08:10 PM
id say that paul is a tad better than d will, but i have say that d will has had paul's number of lately, but DR1 is going to be better 1#DR1 #2CP3 #3D WILL.\/\/

Hawkeye15
02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
so, since KG has outplayed Duncan head to head his entire career, KG is better? Correct by some peoples standards here? There are 78 other games, and some guys (usually the #2 guy), get way up for those mathcups, cause they know that dude is #1

jimbobjarree
02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
id say that paul is a tad better than d will, but i have say that d will has had paul's number of lately, but DR1 is going to be better 1#DR1 #2CP3 #3D WILL.\/\/

^I dont know, Rose doesnt look like that kind of guard, he looks more of a scorer Devin Harris type of player, I dont think he'll be up there with Williams and Paul...but then again shouldnt really judge anyone on their rookie season

Squad13
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Wrong

xxdc2tegxx
02-26-2009, 08:21 PM
hahahahaha. Yao's offensive skills, okay. But the second he puts it on the floor, steal. If he is pushed outside his range, brick. Howard is by far and away the best C in the NBA. There is no argument. At all

....im just assuming yao will have a higher scoring thatn dwight...until he develops nething other than a dunk...

And yes i believe dwight is the better center in the nba

MagicBucsSox
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM

then even out, yao is offensively somewhere i dont think dwight will ever be, and dwight does things yao dont have the heart or body to do defensively

Hawkeye15
02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
....im just assuming yao will have a higher scoring thatn dwight...until he develops nething other than a dunk...

And yes i believe dwight is the better center in the nba

well, Howard avgs more points now. I will never claim he has a ton of post move, Yao is far more skilled, but Howard's athletic ability serperates him. Its like the ones that used to attack Shaq. "All he does is dunk, he sucks, he has no real game". Okay, but I will take 28-13 however you give it to me.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-26-2009, 08:34 PM

wat about the other 78 games? CP3 is MVP caliber.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-26-2009, 08:35 PM
DWill is a beast... but he's not on superstar status just yet.

scarylarry23
02-26-2009, 08:39 PM
In 2 years it will be this:

D.Rose > C.Paul > D.Williams

:D:p Whatever helps you sleep at night with your situation there in chicago.

THE_FLASH_21
02-26-2009, 08:40 PM

Paul avg's more points because he's their go to guy all the time. The Jazz have many go to guys.. Boozer/Okur/Milsap/AK.... Deron's assist are comig close to Pauls...

Deron could score 30 a game if he needed to. Deron>Paul... Deron can play "D" against the other teams star. Paul is to small and weak..

THE_FLASH_21
02-26-2009, 08:42 PM
DWill is a beast... but he's not on superstar status just yet.

LOL.. he's not??? So if he's not, then man... Who is?? Let me guess... Melo,J.R??? :rolleyes:... Deron is a top 5-10 player in the league. Hands down!

Squad13
02-26-2009, 08:59 PM
LOL.. he's not??? So if he's not, then man... Who is?? Let me guess... Melo,J.R??? :rolleyes:... Deron is a top 5-10 player in the league. Hands down!

Agreed

Hawkeye15
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Paul avg's more points because he's their go to guy all the time. The Jazz have many go to guys.. Boozer/Okur/Milsap/AK.... Deron's assist are comig close to Pauls...

Deron could score 30 a game if he needed to. Deron>Paul... Deron can play "D" against the other teams star. Paul is to small and weak..

or maybe it is because Paul's top guys have either disappeared (Peja), or are hurt (Chandler). Paul has better numbers at every stat, assists are equal. I know you are a Jazz fan sticking up for you're boy, but if you put Paul on Utah right now, they are with the Lakers and Spurs. Boo hoo me all you want on Boozer's injury, Millisap is just as good. Chris Paul is a better player than Deron Williams. And I love Deron. I would just prefer Paul. And with all that help Deron has killing his stats as you say, how is Paul's team better? If Williams has so much help, shouldn't they have a higher winning %?

THE_FLASH_21
02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
or maybe it is because Paul's top guys have either disappeared (Peja), or are hurt (Chandler). Paul has better numbers at every stat, assists are equal. I know you are a Jazz fan sticking up for you're boy, but if you put Paul on Utah right now, they are with the Lakers and Spurs. Boo hoo me all you want on Boozer's injury, Millisap is just as good. Chris Paul is a better player than Deron Williams. And I love Deron. I would just prefer Paul. And with all that help Deron has killing his stats as you say, how is Paul's team better? If Williams has so much help, shouldn't they have a higher winning %?

Cool it's ur opinion.... I've seen Dwill play for the whole time he's been in the League.

Scoring: (Dw)
Passing: (Tie)
Dribbling: (Tie)
Rebounding: (CP)
Playmaking: (Tie)
Shooting: (Dw)
Defense: (Dw)
Steals: (CP)
Clucth: (Dw)

It's not by alot.... CP is a run and gun offense guy. Dwill plays in Sloan offense. It's harder to get all the assist Paul gets off lobs... Dwill will finsh with the assist record. Quote me!!!!!!!!

THE_FLASH_21
02-26-2009, 11:41 PM

David West???
Mo Pet??
Posey??
Butler??

The Hornets all shoot 3. It's easy to pass the ball to a shooter and get them assist. The only jump shooter we have is Kyle off the bench..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-27-2009, 03:23 AM

how is he a superstar?? DUDE ISNT EVEN AN ALL STAR!!!

abe_froman
02-27-2009, 03:25 AM

all star is voted by fans and he doesnt have the name recognition if paul or parker(plus all the sg's in the west)and only so many guard spots alotted

as for performance he's one of the best

GoatMilk
02-27-2009, 03:34 AM
D-Will is better IMO. Williams is bigger, stronger, deceptively quick(may not be faster than CP, but he's not that far off), better shooter, could be a better rebounder if he didnt have such great ones on his team, defender, clutch in the end of games. Williams is the better player.

Here's one thing i don't like about CP. He's a stat whore. He tries super hard to get those assists sometimes. He does a little too much sometimes. He's a guy who will do a lot of work to get his teammate the open shot and once that teammate gets the ball, instead of shooting it and giving CP the assist, if they did the extra pass for an even easier shot, Paul would get pissed. Anyone else feel that way? Deron is all about winning and that's what I want.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Cool it's ur opinion.... I've seen Dwill play for the whole time he's been in the League.

It's not by alot.... CP is a run and gun offense guy. Dwill plays in Sloan offense. It's harder to get all the assist Paul gets off lobs... Dwill will finsh with the assist record. Quote me!!!!!!!!

Deron Williams more clutch then Paul NO way...
Where is the leadership? Cp3 is way more of a leader then DWill.
Who makes their teammates better? Cp3 made West into an All Star and made Tyson a decent Center. Scoring I'd take Paul and Inside Scoring Paul also... D Will can have 3 Point. Also Passing is arguable there.

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 04:00 AM
David West???
Mo Pet??
Posey??
Butler??

The Hornets all shoot 3. It's easy to pass the ball to a shooter and get them assist. The only jump shooter we have is Kyle off the bench..

Tehy arent the greatest three point shooters.... Butler was *** last year... Mo Pete doesnt play anymore, posey has being up and Down, IDK y west is there but w/e I think u meant Peja. peja also has been up and down.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-27-2009, 04:32 AM
all star is voted by fans and he doesnt have the name recognition if paul or parker(plus all the sg's in the west)and only so many guard spots alotted

as for performance he's one of the best

Chauncey wasnt voted by the fans into this years all star game... If Dwill is considered by so many, to be the best PG in the league why wasnt he atleast voted into the game by the coaches!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-27-2009, 04:35 AM
Someone said DWill can score 30 a night if he needed too...

Then why is DWill in a dog fight for 7th and 8th place... He must want to I guess. :shrug:

Someone also said CP3 is loved by the media and that's why people like him so much and think thats why he's better than DWill.

The Media doesn't step on the court for CP3, the media doesn't put the ball in the basket for CP, the media didn't make him runner up MVP, the media isn't throwin lobbs for him either. He wouldn't be in the media if he wasnt the BEST at what he does.

People should just face the facts, and STATS, and accept that DWill isn't better.

"Men lie, women lie, NUMBERS don't"

abe_froman
02-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Chauncey wasnt voted by the fans into this years all star game...

did i say he was?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-27-2009, 04:49 AM
no but u did say Dwill wasnt... and he doesnt need to be voted by the fans to be an all-star. he only needs to be voted by fans to be a STARTER.

GoatMilk
02-27-2009, 06:18 AM
People should just face the facts, and STATS, and accept that DWill isn't better.

stats don't tell the whole story though

JJ_JKidd
02-27-2009, 08:58 AM
DWill gets as much assist as Paul but without abusing the pick and roll (Chandler oop or lane jumper) that Paul almost always does. Deron is better than Paul IMHO, not that much though.

jimbobjarree
02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
too many of you are forgetting that Deron's struggled through injury the majority of the season, the last couple of months he's come back to his best. You guys also forget that half our team has been injured so we have sucked (until now). Deron not being an all star is just unfortunate and bad timing, he always seems to turn it on after the all star break.

and as for CP3 making his team mates better...lol, the Jazz have 7 guys averaging double figures...how many does the Hornets have, like 4, if CP3 cant score himself he only trusts a couple of other guys on his team with the ball while Deron spreads it to anyone.

and if things continue as they are right now, dont be suprised to see Deron as the all nba 1st team point guard, the only thing that will count agaisnt him is missing the first month/2 months of the season with that injury.

Kakaroach
02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
D. Will, if he was in an offense like CP3's in NO, would average pretty close 25-28 PPG. And prolly 11-13 assists as well. The Jazz are systematic and D. Will doesn't take too many shots.

DrDEADalready
02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Exactly If the Offense's were switched around Everyone would be talking about Dwill as the best PG in the NBA (even though he really is) He's proven that if he want's to be the number 1 scoring option like paul is. He could easily average 25-29pts a game and he has proven it when he had to be the number 1 scoring option when he scored 30+ points in a row. but our offense and Dwill's doesn't allow that he'd rather be the play maker than be the scorer. Therefore Dwill is the better PG in the nba. cause all you look at is the points you don't look at the little stuff and what contributions each person makes to the team. Paul is his team. Dwill makes his team better what PG should be. should be obvious Paul doesn't have anything Williams.

Hawkeye15
02-27-2009, 02:12 PM

It is my opinion, it doesn't have to be yours. And I can't blame you for thinking Deron is better, he plays for you're team, and the difference isn't all that big between them. They are both suited for the system's they play in. And the reason Paul gets those assists, is because he can get into the lane at will, far better than Deron. Deron is stronger, so he is able to finish with contact, which is his advantage. But overall floor leading ablities, in my opinioin, Paul is better. But I am not gonna cry if Williams is my pg

Utahjazzfan18
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM

Then why is DWill in a dog fight for 7th and 8th place... He must want to I guess. :shrug:

Someone also said CP3 is loved by the media and that's why people like him so much and think thats why he's better than DWill.

The Media doesn't step on the court for CP3, the media doesn't put the ball in the basket for CP, the media didn't make him runner up MVP, the media isn't throwin lobbs for him either. He wouldn't be in the media if he wasnt the BEST at what he does.

Are you kidding me? That explains why you're a fan of Iverson. I've watched a few of his games with Detroit, has respectable stats but it's obvious that he's killing his team. They all stand around not cutting expecting him to shoot it.

Another interesting note is Hornacek always said he could score 20ppg but he realized he had Malone and so he accepted his role. William's has plenty of guys on the team capable of scoring so why shoot all the time?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-27-2009, 03:46 PM
stats don't tell the whole story though

ur right.

But all CP's stats are better... and his team has more wins. IDK what else you want?

Kakaroach
02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
ur right.

But all CP's stats are better... and his team has more wins. IDK what else you want? Actually they are both 13 GB of LAL, and NO has played more games, the only reason they are the #6 seed instead of the Jazz. D. Will has carried this team on a bad ankle for most of the season, without Carlos Boozer and AK-47 for a long time.

enitialdee
02-27-2009, 03:53 PM
This is coming from a rockets fan, I would love to see d. Will in a houston jersey. I think d. will is better than cp3. Deron dominate every head to head match up, its just the media give cp3 all the love. Same comparison can be made for yao n dwigth. Yao schooled dwigth every time, no one notice cause everyone is so hype on dwigth cause he wore a cape at the slam dunk contest.

ragee
02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Deron Williams is the most underrated player in the NBA... How can a second best pg in the league not be an all-star and not be even in the top ten of the race to mvp... Yes, the Jazz is on the 7th place in the west but they have a better record than Heat's Dwayne Wade... However, don't take anything away from CP3... That guy is best pg right now... He is only better than D-Will by a small margin though...

To they guy who is saying Rose will be better than those two, we'll see... I like Rose and he has a lot of potential... His advantage on those two however is just is athleticism... Paul and D-Will are better defenders than him... Paul is a lot quicker and Deron is a lot stronger... And anything they lack on athleticism, they make up with their mid range and three point game...

ragee
02-27-2009, 04:40 PM
This is coming from a rockets fan, I would love to see d. Will in a houston jersey. I think d. will is better than cp3. Deron dominate every head to head match up, its just the media give cp3 all the love. Same comparison can be made for yao n dwigth. Yao schooled dwigth every time, no one notice cause everyone is so hype on dwigth cause he wore a cape at the slam dunk contest.

A couple of head to head games does not really determine who is better than the other... I like D-Will better than Paul but I think Paul is a little better... That matchup has more argument than Yao and Dwight... Dwight is a way better defender and rebounder... Yao has more offensive moves but Dwight is scoring more points and adding more moves in his offensive arsenal...

Saying Yao is better than Dwight reminds me of the time when Starbury was still a great player... He said he was the best pg in the league (better than Kidd)... Kidd said if they play one on one, Marbury will definitely beat him... That does not mean he was the best though coz Kidd was the best PG back then...

madiaz3
02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Chauncey wasnt voted by the fans into this years all star game... If Dwill is considered by so many, to be the best PG in the league why wasnt he atleast voted into the game by the coaches!

he was injured you fool

ragee
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Dude, the Jazz is in the 7th place but they are just behind Paul's Hornets by one game which is on the 6th place... Places can switch very easily especially byhow the Jazz is playing right now (they bet the Lakers and the Celts very recently)... The media does play a role on the D-Will vs CP3 match up... Like I said, I like D-Will better than Paul but I believe Paul is better right now... However, if you rate then from 1 to 10 I say Paul is a 9.8 and Deron is like a 9.6... People has a false belief (I am not saying you) that Paul is so much better than Deron because of the media...

Sidious
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Deron Williams is the truth.

Dwill
CP3
and everyone else after

enitialdee
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
A couple of head to head games does not really determine who is better than the other... I like D-Will better than Paul but I think Paul is a little better... That matchup has more argument than Yao and Dwight... Dwight is a way better defender and rebounder... Yao has more offensive moves but Dwight is scoring more points and adding more moves in his offensive arsenal...

Saying Yao is better than Dwight reminds me of the time when Starbury was still a great player... He said he was the best pg in the league (better than Kidd)... Kidd said if they play one on one, Marbury will definitely beat him... That does not mean he was the best though coz Kidd was the best PG back then...

Cp3=1 Dwill=2 it could be vice versa, just like dwigth n yao, there's always a good debate there. Some of these poster trying to say, cp3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwill
Dwigth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yao
Really need to get off it..

ragee
02-27-2009, 05:09 PM

Coz he is so underrated... By the way he is playing do you think he doesn't deserve an all-star spot? His stats is so close to Paul's...

Kakaroach
02-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Deron Williams got snubbed. I mean David freaking West got in over him...

Vinny642
02-27-2009, 07:44 PM

LOL Your acting like DWest is terrible, I mean if someone like well IDK someone not great made it over DWill, it would be a tragedy

Bucsfan
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
who cares about stats, lets see who wins a championship first

codes238
02-27-2009, 11:45 PM
In the spirit of appreciating point guards not named Paul, lets take a look at Deron William's PTS/AST since January 12th (injury wore off?).

23/11
25/6
27/12
30/9
17/11
32/11
17/16
15/10
19/13
24/12
35/5
34/12
34/4
31/10
31/11
20/15
18/10
20/13
15/10
13/13

Minus being relatively slow defending dribble penetration, he's a damn good defender. Does a part season of being out with and battling injury make us forget about people? I don't remember seeing his name too often on the top 15 players thread. These stats aren't an aberration, it's simply a matter of being healthy. Forget top 10 point guards, I think it's time to think about this guy as a top 10 player in the league.

i agree, i think at this point he's clearly the 2nd best point guard in the entire league and you can make a strong case for him being a top 10 player overall... dumb people will say thing like "but he didnt even make the all-star team this year!" but real NBA fans know whats up...

Kakaroach
02-27-2009, 11:59 PM
LOL Your acting like DWest is terrible, I mean if someone like well IDK someone not great made it over DWill, it would be a tragedy David West is a very good player. But there is no way he is better than D.Will.

Vinny642
02-28-2009, 12:20 AM
David West is a very good player. But there is no way he is better than D.Will.

Na No way West is better then D Will, DWill is easily IMO a Top 10 Player while DWEST is a top 30 player maybe... but injuries kinda hurt the coachs vote for DWIll.

THE_FLASH_21
03-02-2009, 02:42 AM

Billups cought fire..... At the right time..Dwill started the season hurt.

THE_FLASH_21
03-02-2009, 02:44 AM
who cares about stats, lets see who wins a championship first

I like that better...... We can argue only so much.. And their can be only so many stats... U right Let's see who wins a ring first!

THE_FLASH_21
03-02-2009, 02:45 AM

D-Dub didn't deserve to be in the allstar this year. He was hurt. West did deserve to be in the All-star/...... :pity:

Chest Rockwell
03-02-2009, 02:47 AM
He's my favorite non-Knick, so he gets mad love from me.

Fans in Asia
03-02-2009, 08:41 AM
I used to think CP3 is over-rated, but I change my mind little bit recently and think he does deserve the extensive praise that he received. I do think that he could even be a better player if he is surrounded by slightly better teammates.

For D Will, he is definitely under-rated. He has good size as a PG, and can bully most of the PGs (including CP3) in the league if he chooses to attack the rim aggressively. I won't say who is better because they are close but I will definitely pick D Will over CP3.

J-Relo
03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I won't say who is better because they are close but I will definitely pick D Will over CP3.

so you just said that :)

Deron is nice guard, but he has a lot to improve and hopefully he will...

Sportfan
03-02-2009, 08:55 AM
D will is really underrated

tescu
03-02-2009, 09:06 AM
hes a monster, he shouldnt be underrated anymore, ppl in mpls talk about him quite a bit

Vinny642
03-02-2009, 09:07 AM
mpls?
So many ignorant sports fans that don't know crap except what ESPN tells them.

Morgan
03-02-2009, 09:25 AM
I agree that D will is better, but it's pretty close. Williams size is what seperates them IMO.

Don't be stupid. D-Will is not better than CP3 and he never will be. Rajon Rondo ate D-Will up both games this year.

Vinny642
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
^^ LOL Irrelevant
Cp ate rondo up when Cp was healthy.

LOL Dont bring a second or 3rd tier PG into this conversation

Vinny642
03-02-2009, 09:33 AM
To me

1st Tier- Elite
Cp Dwill

2nd Tier- Great
Nash Harris Nelson

3rd Tier- Decent to Good
Kidd, Calderon Rose(2nd or 1st next year), Rondo

lakers4sho
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Cp3 made West into an All Star and made Tyson a decent Center.

What I don't like about this assertion is that when those guys are doing well, CP3 gets the credit for "making them better".

Meanwhile, when they're on a slump [ like right now ], CP3 gets no share of the blame whatsoever :shrug:

Vinny642
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
What I don't like about this assertion is that when those guys are doing well, CP3 gets the credit for "making them better".

Meanwhile, when they're on a slump [ like right now ], CP3 gets no share of the blame whatsoever :shrug:

Tyson and West aren't on a slump....... Tyson is getting back into form and West is doing what he does. Its Peja who is messing it up he has a wide open three and misses it. Rasual is doing great though. CP and West are the reason we are in the playoff race. Give us any other PG and PF Combo and we aren't where we are.

THE_FLASH_21
03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Don't be stupid. D-Will is not better than CP3 and he never will be. Rajon Rondo ate D-Will up both games this year.

Jeez get off his nuts.... Do u work for ESPN?? or do u predict the future?? How do u know Dwill will wont be better then Paul?? Buddy your the stupid one for saying that...:pity:

Vinny642
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
^^lol

ragee
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Hopefully, the Jazz can continue making this kind of runs especially in the playoffs... If that happens, I think D-Will will finally be given the credit that he deserves...

Kakaroach
03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Hopefully, the Jazz can continue making this kind of runs especially in the playoffs... If that happens, I think D-Will will finally be given the credit that he deserves... He should already be getting credit when he lead the Jazz to the western conference finals when he was a sophomore...

ragee
03-05-2009, 09:59 PM

You say it like Paul is so much better than D-Will... I do believe Paul is better right now but you can't really say... I think they will be pretty even in the years to come... Both are very good players... Rondo ate D-Will in both games? The last game they played Deron did pretty much what he is doing... Not a break out performance but pretty decent...

ragee
03-05-2009, 10:02 PM
He should already be getting credit when he lead the Jazz to the western conference finals when he was a sophomore...

True...:D

BALLER71
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM

Steals don't mean anything. At all.

bidi_nash
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
wow i never thought about it but i think i agree that deron is better than paul

lorenz00
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
1 word describe this Beast!