PDA

View Full Version : Marion- Weather bigger adjustment than teammates

JermanJaysFan
02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
The off-court problem has been the temperature, or, more precisely, the fact that it has been below 0C since he got here.

"I've been catching cabs everywhere," Marion said. "Fortunately, I've been staying close to the arena so it has been easy, It's just too cold. I'm not used to this."

The biggest casualty of his reluctance to leave the indoor warmth has been his biggest off-court passion, his DVD movie collection.

Marion has been buying new releases every Tuesday like clockwork since his NBA career began nine years ago.

"I've got a sick collection," Marion says but has no idea exactly how many movies he has.

"Every Tuesday I go get whatever new releases have come out," he explained, "but I haven't done any of that (in Toronto). I have to get out to Best Buy. I'm like two weeks behind in my DVDs. I got to get caught back up."

The article also has some nice comments about Marion's return to Phoenix and the way he is gelling with new teammates, namely Anthony Parker.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2009/02/26/8540906-sun.html

Bob_at_york
02-26-2009, 02:13 PM
that is a lot of dvds.

deaner
02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
that is a lot of dvds.

It's a lot of bad movies... I wonder what his home theatre consists of. Actually... Is he married? ... Sounds like he's living the bachalor lifestyle.

Bob_at_york
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
It's a lot of bad movies... I wonder what his home theatre consists of. Actually... Is he married? ... Sounds like he's living the bachalor lifestyle.

i have a better question, how is weather a factor? If he is watching all these movies then he can't be leaving his place.

shifty
02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Who said he watches them? He just buys and stockpiles

mjt20mik
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
i have a better question, how is weather a factor? If he is watching all these movies then he can't be leaving his place.

I think it's cause he has to go outside to buy the movies..

Doesn't he know he can take the skywalk from MTCC and then the underground path from Union to reach Eatons.

JermanJaysFan
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM

The point is the weather is keeping him from going outside to buy the new releases.

pebloemer
02-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I wonder how much weather will affect Shawn's desire to sign with Toronto next year (if the team wants to resign him).

Frank Costanza
02-26-2009, 03:00 PM
weather is one thing, a faaaat pay check is another, add winning to to that and i think we can resign this badboy

More shats!
02-26-2009, 03:14 PM
It must be hard on him because he has never played on a cold city before,From Vegas to Phoenix to Miami and now to his first cold city in TO.Still, he needs to man up and take it like a man.

I wonder how big his collection is.I got one of my own and a full room of them but i dont buy every tuesday so he must have a bunch if he started to buy them when he was drafted.

_Sn1P3r_
02-26-2009, 06:06 PM
He'll get used to it soon so that isn't a big worry right now. From Phoenix, to Miami and now Toronto... his first cold city.

td0tsfinest
02-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I think it's cause he has to go outside to buy the movies..

Doesn't he know he can take the skywalk from MTCC and then the underground path from Union to reach Eatons.

lol,wonder how many people would notice marion walking by

WaterBoy24
02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
What do u expect...u came from maimi...if u went 2 new york or chicago..it be same...maimi different climate then east region...
This guy is already crying...I don't like that..just play the game and stop crying...:mad:

Bob_at_york
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
What do u expect...u came from maimi...if u went 2 new york or chicago..it be same...maimi different climate then east region...
This guy is already crying...I don't like that..just play the game and stop crying...:mad:

I don't think he is crying. He was asked about the toughest adjustment to his new team and he answered the question.

mjt20mik
02-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't think he is crying. He was asked about the toughest adjustment to his new team and he answered the question.

Yeah. I think it's a good thing. He's fine with everything (the team, the fanbase, the media) it's just the weather that's bothering him :rolleyes:.

And to be honest, these last couple of days have been really warm. I live downtown (University and Dundas) and to be honest, the weather was so beautiful.

GCOOKIE7
02-26-2009, 07:34 PM
He just needs to but a big *** mink coat. The weather hasn't been that bad lately though. Today was quite nice.

Jacob K.
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
if you lived in phoneix and miami youd be the same

JC_
02-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I just got back from Nunavut where it was like -50. At first I was scared of the cold but if you dress properly it's really not a problem. He just needs to man up and get some warmer clothes for the winter.;)

Mile High Champ
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
hahah after reading this I love marion more.. I myself have a huge collection of dvd's and see where he is coming from. I hope he can get used to the weather and not have it factor into his decisoning this off-season in free agency.

lorenz00
02-27-2009, 08:22 PM
wow

_Sn1P3r_
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
He just needs to but a big *** mink coat. The weather hasn't been that bad lately though. Today was quite nice.

Today was pretty chilly in the afternoon. I only wore a light jacket... dumb move. :o

deaner
02-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Today was pretty chilly in the afternoon. I only wore a light jacket... dumb move. :o

ya... I was prepared... I wore my big *** mink.

Mile High Champ
02-28-2009, 02:18 AM
was so nice this morning and than everything froze over.. I bet Marion is glad he is on the road in the south west united states..