PDA

View Full Version : Duncan gets plenty of love, but Tony Parker

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Tony has put up 37 and 12 and 39 and 9 in two consecutive wins over Dallas and Portland for the Spurs. All without Tim Duncan AND Manu Ginobili.

People love CP3. Deron is probably playing the better basketball than any PG right now. Devin Harris has had two spectacular games in a row.

But Tony friggin' Parker really gets overlooked alot. Yeah i know, it's because he plays for the Spurs. But STILL.

For a non-dunker he has to be the best finisher in traffic in the game...he has had an unbelievable season. And now that he is entering his prime I decided to be a homer and make a thread about him.

So f-ing sue me :smoking: Appreciate Parker...hate him or love him...he ballin' right now.

what54!?
02-26-2009, 01:46 PM
You just said why. He plays for the spurs. No offense but the spurs aren't the most exciting team to watch. Also Deron Willams and CP3 play for teams that dominate the ball carrying most of the time. Poeple know who Parker is and he's probably the most exciting Spur on that team.

Kyle N.
02-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I honestly don't see how the Spurs are boring. Is it because they play defense? The Celtics play defense but they're not boring. The only person who's boring is Tim Duncan but he's not the entire team. Anyway, Tony Parker is one of the most exciting PGs in the game to watch and extremely productive. I think he's very underrated.

carter15
02-26-2009, 01:49 PM
i must say when i saw he put up 39 i was very impressed..then i saw he put up 37 the gm b4!!!....clearly hes showing if he has to he can put up much better numbers...but i think hes still behind CP3 and Deron forsure...and then the debate can go on with billups and harris.
btw in his last 2 gms 39 and 42 for devin ;) ...just saying...and vincde only scored 10 and 11 those gms...so he was without his star also lol.

IndyRealist
02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Tony Parker is married to Eva Langoria. If he doesn't get plenty of love, something's seriously wrong with him. :smoking:

He's seriously amazing, and people don't even put him top 10 PG's in the league. His numbers don't blow people out of the water because he doesn't HAVE to carry his team, he's got Duncan and Ginobili. If you can get a Finals MVP when you have Timmy on your team, you've gotta be doing something right.

lakerboy
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Tony Parker is married to Eva Langoria. If he doesn't get plenty of love, something's seriously wrong with him. :smoking:

He's seriously amazing, and people don't even put him top 10 PG's in the league. His numbers don't blow people out of the water because he doesn't HAVE to carry his team, he's got Duncan and Ginobili. If you can get a Finals MVP when you have Timmy on your team, you've gotta be doing something right.

LOL.

I agree though. Tony Parker is underrated!

magichatnumber9
02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Tony has put up 37 and 12 and 39 and 9 in two consecutive wins over Dallas and Portland for the Spurs. All without Tim Duncan AND Manu Ginobili.

People love CP3. Deron is probably playing the better basketball than any PG right now. Devin Harris has had two spectacular games in a row.

But Tony friggin' Parker really gets overlooked alot. Yeah i know, it's because he plays for the Spurs. But STILL.

For a non-dunker he has to be the best finisher in traffic in the game...he has had an unbelievable season. And now that he is entering his prime I decided to be a homer and make a thread about him.

So f-ing sue me :smoking: Appreciate Parker...hate him or love him...he ballin' right now.
Hey I'm in Boston and I know Tony is playing good ball. Just ignore the haters and commentators.

kntresistheheat
02-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Spurs are boring, but I tell you what parker is one of my fav's at the pg position and I wish that the heat somehow can land this guy? He would be a perfect complament to wade in the backcourt.

Kyle N.
02-26-2009, 02:07 PM

Not top 10!?!?!?!?!? I'd put him at #3!

bbcmillionaire
02-26-2009, 02:16 PM
parker is the man, spurs or not. love from chicago tony parker(no homo intended)

Gibby23
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I think he is the best PG in the NBA.

Brooke
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I think he is very underrated

albertc86
02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
I have a lot of respect for Parker's game. He's the equivalent to Duncan, in that, he's extremely fundamentally sound. He may not do all those fancy moves or dribble between the legs that much, but he's really exciting. I'd still put him behind Williams and Paul, though. His only shortcoming is, he's not much of a threat from deep. He has developed a great inside game, because when he first came into the league he wasn't that great of a shooter. It would be nice if he raised his ft% more, too.

IndyRealist
02-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Not top 10!?!?!?!?!? I'd put him at #3!

If I remember correctly it was a Rajon Rondo thread, and the OP had Rondo as the 3rd best PG in the league (he meant to say 3rd best YOUNG PG in the league, I gather). But to the point, half of the posters did not have Parker on their list. Of the dissenters, the consensus was that Duncan and Ginobili carry Parker. It was quite the arguement to even have him top 5 among young PG's, let alone overall. I guess if you don't have a shoe deal, you don't count.

Gibby23
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
If I remember correctly it was a Rajon Rondo thread, and the OP had Rondo as the 3rd best PG in the league (he meant to say 3rd best YOUNG PG in the league, I gather). But to the point, half of the posters did not have Parker on their list. Of the dissenters, the consensus was that Duncan and Ginobili carry Parker. It was quite the arguement to even have him top 5 among young PG's, let alone overall. I guess if you don't have a shoe deal, you don't count.

He's with Nike.

IndyRealist
02-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Heh, I stand corrected.

Nexus
02-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I hate the insinuation that Tony Parker is in some sort of "second tier". He's one of the best at the league at getting to the basket and finishing. He's also a very dependable defender. That being said, he's not necessarily a shoot first point guard. He can be whatever the team needs him to be.

king4day
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
He probably is the best finisher who doesn't dunk. If he's within 5-8 feet of the bucket he's lethal. Tear drops and layups.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
He probably is the best finisher who doesn't dunk. If he's within 5-8 feet of the bucket he's lethal. Tear drops and layups.

^^^

Dude, sorry if I'm off topic...but is FNM really reuniting? If so...I doubt Mike Patton will be singing...but you never know. Alot of good bands have been reuniting this decade.

Durant is hype
02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Spurs aren't boring.

Lakersfan2483
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM

Tony Parker is a great player, he's definitely one of the best point guards in the NBA. He's relentless in terms of getting to the basket and is clutch. He's one of my favorite point guards.

SteveNash
02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I think he's pretty fairly rated. He's more than likely the third best player on the team when everyone's healthy, can't say that about Paul or Deron. Harris if he isn't already will very soon be the best player on the Nets.

He doesn't make great passes, isn't the most exciting finisher, it's just not going to get you the mass market appeal to be recognized as a great player.

Also, I think his winning ability is pretty overrated, especially since he got murdered by Kidd and Billups in the finals.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 05:50 PM
I think he's pretty fairly rated. He's more than likely the third best player on the team when everyone's healthy, can't say that about Paul or Deron. Harris if he isn't already will very soon be the best player on the Nets.

He doesn't make great passes, isn't the most exciting finisher, it's just not going to get you the mass market appeal to be recognized as a great player.

Also, I think his winning ability is pretty overrated, especially since he got murdered by Kidd and Billups in the finals.

LOL at that entire sentence...you think mass market appeal has anything to do with being a great player? I guess by your logic even Nate Robinsons is better than Tony Parker...right?

Tony Parkers passing ability is actually underrated, just because he is more a scoring guard in Pops offensive sets doesn't mean he can't distribute.

Oh and murdered by Kidd and Billups in the finals...? You mean during the time Parker was still developing...?

SteveNash
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL at that entire sentence...you think mass market appeal has anything to do with being a great player? I guess by your logic even Nate Robinsons is better than Tony Parker...right?

Tony Parkers passing ability is actually underrated, just because he is more a scoring guard in Pops offensive sets doesn't mean he can't distribute.

Oh and murdered by Kidd and Billups in the finals...? You mean during the time Parker was still developing...?

No, but it has a lot to do with it in terms of public perception.

Nate Robinson has things going for him like winning the dunk contest, being in a huge market that always overrates it players, has his size/athleticism that gets him on Sports Center top 10s. That makes him seem overvalued than what he is.

So I'd say he's overrated in terms of the mind of the public.

While Tony Parker has the negatives I listed, while also having the winning factor on his side making the public percention of his rating pretty fair.

JJ81
02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
- 3x NBA All-Star
- 2007 NBA Finals MVP
- 3x NBA Champion
- 2007 European Player of the Year
- And a wife like that

What more do you want?