PDA

View Full Version : Celtics got OWNED by the Clips

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Lawlz.

That was a great game but.....

I thought the C's were better then this.

bostncelts34
02-26-2009, 02:38 AM
hahaha your joking right?owned? wowwww lol

We lost by a couple points. If we hit our FT's at the end. we would have won lol

We played terrible though, deserves to lose. Doesnt help not having KG,TA,scal and an injured PP that the clippers were intentionally trying to hurt more lol

/thread

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Clips didn't have Thronton, Gordon, or Kaman.

I am still in shock.

DOWN GOES BOSTON!!

bostncelts34
02-26-2009, 02:42 AM

I am still in shock.

DOWN GOES BOSTON!!

yea cause they equal KG,TA and an injured Pierce lol

but anyways, celtics played horrible. Last game of a 3 week road trip.

Just curious..do you think that was a foul on rondo at the end? i thought he clearly got bumped..just my opinion though

extreme k.closs
02-26-2009, 02:44 AM
i ****ing hate ignorant laker fans

bostncelts34
02-26-2009, 02:45 AM
lol yea a thread really needed to be made that boston lost to clips by 2 points lol. Especially one saying "got owned" lol

/thread now. lol

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 02:47 AM

Just curious..do you think that was a foul on rondo at the end? i thought he clearly got bumped..just my opinion though

The game was poorly officiated on both ends.

No dice.

GoatMilk
02-26-2009, 02:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008120923

I wouldn't say owned, but it was a nice win for the Clippers.
both teams were giving the game away for each other to take, Clips got a little lucky.
Entertaining game though. I enjoyed it

NYKnickFanatic
02-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Let me get in here before it gets locked.

Good win Clippers. :)

They will be competing next year. Bet.

Davis
Gordon
Thornton
Zach
Kaman/Camby

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 02:52 AM
This game puts the Celtics 3 games behind the Lakers in the loss column.

GoatMilk
02-26-2009, 02:54 AM

No KG pretty much clinched HCA for Cleveland in the East.
for the whole NBA? IDK, but L.A. definitely has the advantage

bostncelts34
02-26-2009, 02:55 AM

OH NO what ever shall we do. lol

We won in LA last year in the finals. If we make it their this year, we can do it again lol.

stevec6

cool it doesnt matter, we will have a healthy kg for the playoffs and embarrass the lakers then.

Living Legend
Bynum should be healthy in a month

IDB Josh M
02-26-2009, 02:56 AM
I'm a laker fan, but even I'm not going so far as to say the C's got "owned."

toisdabest81
02-26-2009, 02:58 AM

We lost by a couple points. If we hit our FT's at the end. we would have won lol

We played terrible though, deserves to lose. Doesnt help not having KG,TA,scal and an injured PP that the clippers were intentionally trying to hurt more lol

/thread

You can stop saying "we." You do not play on the team nor are you a coach, management, trainer, or any part of the organization, whatsoever.

GoatMilk
02-26-2009, 02:59 AM
You can stop saying "we." You do not play on the team nor are you a coach, management, trainer, or any part of the organization, whatsoever.

lol don't be a prick bro

BoltLakerPadre
02-26-2009, 03:00 AM

Injuries? Have you seen the squad the Clippers have been putting on the floor, and you complain of injuries. This team just lost to the currently not playoff bound Suns, by 40, twice.

Stop making excuses and realize the Celtics overlooked this game, it was a trap game and they lost. The Lakers suffered the same fate with the Kings. Except that the Kings hate the Lakers with a passion and always play hard.

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 03:01 AM
They made Fred Jones look like an all star

NYKnickFanatic
02-26-2009, 03:05 AM
I love how Celtics fans and Lakers fans think they know they are definite locks for the Finals. :laugh2:

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 03:09 AM
I love how Celtics fans and Lakers fans think they know they are definite locks for the Finals. :laugh2:

The Knicks don't have a chance.

I think we can all agree on that. :D

jphxsuns
02-26-2009, 03:09 AM
marbury would have made the difference in the game. should signed him ealier in time for the game celts.

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 03:10 AM
marbury would have made the difference in the game. should signed him ealier in time for the game celts.

Yea he could of added some turnovers to the boxscore.

GoatMilk
02-26-2009, 03:11 AM

he wouldnt have been able to anyways
Friday is the earliest he could sign

CaptainCool79
OWNED....by 2 points. Stupid. :pity:

Cracka2HI!
Meh this is worthy of a thread but not like this. Yea let's just rip on 2 teams that just played a great gutty game :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
02-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Wow. To the Clippers? Really? LOL wow!!!!!!!!

DengelBerry
02-26-2009, 03:14 AM

Because we all know the Knicks are going there lol

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Because we all know the Knicks are going there lol

Point and laugh at the Knicks, children.

:laugh:

cambovenzi
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Yea he could of added some turnovers to the boxscore.

yeah he could add some turnovers, and ballhog while jacking up low percentage hots.

D Blue987
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
not exactly how you want to end a road trip...but I wouldnt go far enough to say they got owned. Beat for sure but not owned. Although the Clippers are a pretty horrendous team even though Boston didnt have KG.I think the proper word i would use is UGLY to describe the loss.

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2009, 03:19 AM

/thread

trying to hurt? really?
its the players fault that paul pierce acts like a ***** if someone even breathes on him

and you are using missing players as an excuse? really?

we are arguably the worst team in the league
there are no excuses for losing
the celtics should be ashamed of themselves

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
yeah he could add some turnovers, and ballhog while jacking up low percentage hots.

Lawlz!

Its funny because it's true.

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Injuries? Have you seen the squad the Clippers have been putting on the floor, and you complain of injuries. This team just lost to the currently not playoff bound Suns, by 40, twice.

Stop making excuses and realize the Celtics overlooked this game, it was a trap game and they lost. The Lakers suffered the same fate with the Kings. Except that the Kings hate the Lakers with a passion and always play hard.

:clap:

cambovenzi
02-26-2009, 03:21 AM
wow. they lost one whole regular season game by 2 whole points on the road without possible future HOF'er kevin garnett.
what ownage!:rolleyes: celtics shouldnt even play out the rest of the season.:rolleyes:

Point and laugh at the Knicks, children.

:laugh:

:silly::laugh2:

S.J.Basketball
02-26-2009, 03:24 AM
wow. they lost one whole regular season game by 2 whole points on the road without possible future HOF'er kevin garnett.
what ownage!:rolleyes: celtics shouldnt even play out the rest of the season.:rolleyes:

:silly::laugh2:

I wouldn't mind that.

Seriously though...it's embarrassing to lose to the clips...they're god awful to watch.

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
people dont understand how bad the CLippers are .....
oh and its funny where are those people who act like if ROndo is the second coming of Jerry West?
the Clippers left him wide open WIDE OPEN and he missed the majority of his shots HORRIBLY....he only scored when he drove
and hes kinda like luke walton his inability to shoot ****s it up for the team....they got a 3 seconds call cuz he didnt shoot the ball.....

All-STar?

hahahahaaha

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 03:27 AM
people dont understand how bad the CLippers are .....
oh and its funny where are those people who act like if ROndo is the second coming of Jerry West?
the Clippers left him wide open WIDE OPEN and he missed the majority of his shots HORRIBLY....he only scored when he drove
and hes kinda like luke walton his inability to shoot ****s it up for the team....they got a 3 seconds call cuz he didnt shoot the ball.....

All-STar?

hahahahaaha

:dance:

Fireworld
02-26-2009, 03:42 AM
Tough loss but it happens to everyone, even us (Lakers) too guys. Relax and stop being childish. Its funny how some people on here are like 14 years old!

shiller bustelo
02-26-2009, 03:44 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LakeShowRaider
02-26-2009, 03:46 AM
Losing to the Clips equals UNACCEPTABLE!!

GspLAL
02-26-2009, 03:49 AM
Can you ignorant bastards stop making threads like this? damn

Kohaku
02-26-2009, 04:11 AM
It's just one of "those" losses. I doubt this will set the Celtics back though. Congrats Clipper fans, you have something to brag about xD.

Teeboy1487
02-26-2009, 04:16 AM
^^ Yeah I agree. It was just one of those games like when we lost to the queens and when the cavs lost to the wizards. It sucks.

Boston Faithful
02-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Lawlz.

Wait who won the Finals?

Oh, right. K thanks.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Can you ignorant bastards stop making threads like this? damn

Agreed. It's one game. ONE game. Every good team has a stinker once or twice in a season. Even the beloved Los Angeles Lakers.

snickers
02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
i thought it was pretty funny, that the clippers kept runnning iso's for mardy collins.
and it worked to.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 04:50 AM

LOL at this laker fan having a boner over mid season stats.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 04:51 AM
i thought it was pretty funny, that the clippers kept runnning iso's for mardy collins.
and it worked to.

Mardy Collins > Mike James

Ohhh. yeah i said it. what?

pete_one
02-26-2009, 04:54 AM
good win for the clippers. LA SPORTS LETz GO!

thapharcyd
02-26-2009, 04:56 AM
Suns beat Clips by 40 then by 20 something then lose to the Celtics by 20... then Celtics lose to Clips, means nothing... Can happen on any given night

LakersKB24
02-26-2009, 05:58 AM
LOL at this laker fan having a boner over mid season stats.

It's called Homecourt Advantage.

Still, some of you guys are acting like childs... They lost to a bad team, big deal? I mean the Lakers got swept by the Bobcats and noone makes a big deal out of it. Those games just happen and every team has those games every once in a while. It's the playoffs when it matters.

mjt20mik
02-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Had a feeling someone was gonna make this thread.

junion
02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
wow living legend, you're the reason why some people hate us laker fans.

be real. any team can beat any other team on any given day. cavs lost to the wizards, lakers lost to the kings, celtics lost to the clippers, indiana beat the lakers and the celtics, and don't get your p*ssy all wet over this one game, every team is going to lose games... cavs, boston, lakers are top three, they're going to lose games still

dont be a 10 yr old.

JJ81
02-26-2009, 08:02 AM
2 point win isn't owned.

But it was the Clippers afterall :clap:

JJ81
02-26-2009, 08:13 AM

We played terrible though, deserves to lose. Doesnt help not having KG,TA,scal and an injured PP that the clippers were intentionally trying to hurt more

And if they shot a higher percentage they would have won. Ifs and buts...

"We played terrible though, deserves to lose." That's what the maker of this thread is talking about, Celtics played terrible against the Clippers, you just agreed - why argue about it?

i ****ing hate ignorant laker fans

And I'm sure they hate you too.

We won in LA last year in the finals. If we make it their this year, we can do it again lol.

Celtics are not as good as they were last year... lost Posey, Brown and Cassel and got Moore and cancer (marbury).

This is like the Lakers' dorky little brother punching Boston in the face.

Haha, good comparison :clap:

Lakers will make the finals... I just hope the Celtics can get there.

By the way the Knicks are nothing.

Wait who won the Finals?

Oh, right. K thanks.

Which finals? There's been quite a few in NBA history you know... anyone can brag about wins in the past, it's all about the present and future.

JackB
02-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I think the Celtics are a very good team and can beat the lakers in LA. BUT Last year doesn't count. Thats history. The Lakers are a better team this year. I think the Celtics are also a better team . Cleveland will have something to say about who plays who.Should be an interesting ECF and finals.

Hawkize31
02-26-2009, 08:40 AM

I am still in shock.

DOWN GOES BOSTON!!

I'm not even a Celtics fan, but guy:

Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings) is a link to the NBA standings. Don't make threads like this every time your awful team wins a game, we might have 5 or 6 more threads this year that nobody cares about.

soundjunkies2
02-26-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm not even a Celtics fan, but guy:

Here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings) is a link to the NBA standings. Don't make threads like this every time your awful team wins a game, we might have 5 or 6 more threads this year that nobody cares about.

I believe he's a Laker fan.That probably explains why he started this thread.

Hawkize31
02-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Lakers will make the finals... I just hope the Celtics can get there.

True, but the Lakers have an easier road imo. The Celtics will have to play Orlando and Cleveland most likely, Lakers have to play the Spurs and maybe Denver, not really the same level of competition this year.

Just thinking about that now, thats insane. Celtics would have to beat Orlando 4 times, Cleveland 4 times and the Lakers 4 times, in bask to back series, with most likely all 3 series giving the other team homecourt advantage (maybe not Orlando). That would be a well-deserved championship if they could pull that off.

69centers
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM

OK, but we're still about 5.5 games up on the team that's going to the finals in the west: SPURS. :p

Hawkize31
02-26-2009, 08:47 AM
I believe he's a Laker fan.That probably explains why he started this thread.

Lol, yeah, that would explain it.

I like Kobe though, I'm not like the rest of them, don't hate me :hide:

prodigy
02-26-2009, 08:47 AM

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! He can say we all he wants. I say we when I'm talkin about my cavs Because I pay my taxes and have season tickets. I pay all the players, coaches, management, trainer and any other part of the organization's paycheck.

Super.
02-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Celtics played last night? damm i missed the game.....i was too focused the sox playing!

JJ81
02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
True, but the Lakers have an easier road imo. The Celtics will have to play Orlando and Cleveland most likely, Lakers have to play the Spurs and maybe Denver, not really the same level of competition this year.

Just thinking about that now, thats insane. Celtics would have to beat Orlando 4 times, Cleveland 4 times and the Lakers 4 times, in bask to back series, with most likely all 3 series giving the other team homecourt advantage (maybe not Orlando). That would be a well-deserved championship if they could pull that off.

No, the Celtics are more likely to have to play Magic OR Cleveland, they wont have to play both in the playoffs. If Magic, Cleveland and Boston are all in the top 3 in the east (which they probably will be) then how would Boston play both of them in the playoffs? They'd be playing a lower team in the first round.

magichatnumber9
02-26-2009, 09:01 AM

We won in LA last year in the finals. If we make it their this year, we can do it again lol. Man this thread is one huge bait session. please just bounce.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
the curse of marbury

Testaverde16
02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
If we have to have a thread every time Rondo makes a lay up, I see no problem with this being a thread, however the Celtics didn't really get owned...

Faneik
02-26-2009, 09:17 AM
wow living legend, you're the reason why some people hate us laker fans.

be real. any team can beat any other team on any given day. cavs lost to the wizards, lakers lost to the kings, celtics lost to the clippers, indiana beat the lakers and the celtics, and don't get your p*ssy all wet over this one game, every team is going to lose games... cavs, boston, lakers are top three, they're going to lose games still

dont be a 10 yr old.

exactly.

Faneik
02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Pfff... We lost a close game against a weak team. It happens, and I was pissed.

However, this thread made me realize that some Lakers' fans are still pissed because they had their S kicked in the Finals.

You guys have no credibility to diss the Celtics, we owned you in the Finals. Bunch of softies.

BRADY4MVP
02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Lawlz.

using your logic, the celts lost a regular season game by two points....so then losing game 6 of the NBA finals by 39 would be considered what??? i cant think of a better word than OWNED

I am still in shock.

DOWN GOES BOSTON!!

ummm, gordon played half of the game??? you fail

BRADY4MVP
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
the curse of marbury

i know, right?!?! i mean, just the mention of him to the Celts like a month ago led to a losing skid.... :pity: i dont want him at all, but ill just haveta pray that he knows his role

king4day
02-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Talk about a hate thread.
Boston was missing KG and Pierce dislocated his thumb during the game.
It looked like Rondo bumped into Davis at the end and lost the ball.
I certainly wouldn't call that 'owned'.

futureman
02-26-2009, 10:15 AM
This doesn't change the fact that the lakers would LOSE a playoff series to the BOBCATS if they ever played them.

JJ81
02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
This doesn't change the fact that the lakers would LOSE a playoff series to the BOBCATS if they ever played them.

They dont have to worry about that because the Bobcats will never make the finals. By the way, the didn't seem to have much trouble beating the Jazz last year in the playoffs...

_Supreme_
02-26-2009, 10:26 AM

:laugh2:

(but probably true though)

bal_ravens
02-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah I hate the Celtics, but did this really deserve a thread?

_Supreme_
02-26-2009, 10:32 AM
The only real ownage that took place yesterday was Devin Harris spanking the Bulls :ohno:

theimortalone
02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow! :pity: The Celtics lose by two to the Clips, and a thread is created?!? Jesus what is this forum coming to? :eyebrow:

kingkobe
02-26-2009, 10:55 AM
All I have to say is where the f%%K is Hollinger and his gay-*** stats now?

"Oh if Lakers keep beating Timberwolves by only 3 then they are gonna be 3rd and if Celtics keep beating teams like Suns by 20 then they are the best team"

Take this Hollinger and stfu. He should have his column taken away. What a waste of the interwebs bandwidth.

kingkobe
02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow! :pity: The Celtics lose by two to the Clips, and a thread is created?!? Jesus what is this forum coming to? :eyebrow:

Atleast its better than creating threads about who can take Rondo's dick up their a%% more.

This is a HUGE upset. regardless of the point margin.

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Lawlz.

Boston isn't the same team as last year.

Last year they would of won that game by 10.

This is the Lakers' year and this Clips game proved it.

kingkobe
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Talk about a hate thread.
Boston was missing KG and Pierce dislocated his thumb during the game.
It looked like Rondo bumped into Davis at the end and lost the ball.
I certainly wouldn't call that 'owned'.

Haha and the excuses come in...I think we beat the Cavs at full strength last time we were missing Bynum and Kobe had dislocated his finger.

Did Pierce need a wheelchair this time for his precious thumb? Or was he carried away by 4 other people? Did he cry?

Corey
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Haha and the excuses come in...I think we beat the Cavs at full strength last time we were missing Bynum and Kobe had dislocated his finger.

Did Pierce need a wheelchair this time for his precious thumb? Or was he carried away by 4 other people? Did he cry?

Are you still envious to our title last season, or are you just ignorant to the fact that this was just a regular season game?

Seriously, people. Flop games happen. Thread-worthy? Definitely not.

Aussy4GM
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
cool it doesnt matter, we will have a healthy kg for the playoffs and embarrass the lakers then.

You Mean Like They Did To You Guys On Christmas?

Corey
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
And, just putting it out there considering a Laker fan made this thread: The Lakers this season have lost to the Bobcats by 7, the Kings by 12, the Pacers, and a depleted Jazz team.

But that's thrown out the window, right? Let's just say the Celtics' season is over because they lost the last game of a 3 week road trip. Good logic.

Living Legend
It bothers me how sensitive some of you are.

ITS A JOKE

IM JUST PLAYING

IM JUST TALKIN SMACK

It is silly how bent some of you get just because of a stupid thread title.

Here is some advice to the Moderator that gave me an infraction along with all the butt hurt Celtics fans in this thread.

Lighten up.

I know that a loss to the Clips isn't that big of a deal....

Its called clownin' around.

Now every1 stop acting like babies.

Aussy4GM
The only real ownage that took place yesterday was Devin Harris spanking the Bulls :ohno:

Thanksgiving Is Long Over And Tyrus Thomas Was Still Giving Out Stuffing To Brook Lopez.

kingkobe
02-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Are you still envious to our title last season, or are you just ignorant to the fact that this was just a regular season game?

Seriously, people. Flop games happen. Thread-worthy? Definitely not.

Lol ofcourse its not thread worthy for you because that means this thread is in your face and reminding you how they just lost to the Clips.

Are the Celts in trouble because the lost to Clips? No they are perfectly fine. It was a fluke loss.

Does it burn the Celts fan? Yes.

Thats what fans do sometimes - get happy when the arch-rival loses to the bottom feeder.

Doesn't mean the Lakers are not going to take the Celts seriously anymore.

Everyone needs to chill.

sp1derm00
it happens

DrDEADalready
Anyone can't beat anyone in this league. all depends on who brings it that night. so I guess it was clippers.

dodgersuck
02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
hahaha i love it when the celtics lose