PDA

View Full Version : Why is Melo always considered overrated?

NYK All the Way
02-26-2009, 02:30 AM
The guy has never averaged below 20 ppg in a season. His career average for ppg is 24.2 and now with chauncey billups the nuggets are an elite team in the western conference. His PER may be lower than most superstars, but he is the leader on a strong team. So what makes him so overrated?...i'm not a nuggets fan so I don't see many of their games, but by looking at his stats i'd have to assume its his defense, since thats the only stat that doesn't truly rely on numbers.

bostncelts34
02-26-2009, 02:36 AM
because people are stupid.

Hes not overated at all. His numbers are a little down this year, but he has improved his mental side of the game alot IMO. Thus, making the nuggets a better team overall. Hes just making smart decisions with the basketball.

abe_froman
02-26-2009, 02:45 AM
because people dont like his persona,and let it taint their view of him as a player(which is common thing among fans to do)

BoltLakerPadre
02-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Offensively at least I think he's underrated. His defense is probably what brings him down in most people's eyes.

NYK All the Way
02-26-2009, 03:11 AM
behind lebron I think he's the second best sf in the league (prolly tied with pierce.) I think he should've been ROY over lebron, too.

Kohaku
02-26-2009, 03:42 AM
IMO he's underrated. He's actually playing more team basketball now with Chauncey on the team.

GspLAL
02-26-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't think he's overrated but I wouldn't choose him to build a team around, no defense or leadership, but he still has time so..

1-800-STFU
02-26-2009, 03:55 AM
Be has been pretty underrated until this year it seems. AI was just a horrible compliment to his game and that brought him down.

DengelBerry
02-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Be has been pretty underrated until this year it seems. AI was just a horrible compliment to his game and that brought him down.

It looks like AI brings alot down (hint hint: The Pistons)

Chronz
02-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I cant speak for everyone but for me its because of his playoff failures, lack of taking it up a notch come postseason, and his inability to improve his efficiency with a reduced role this year.

Knowledge
02-26-2009, 08:37 AM
To me he is underrated, offensively he is like a more talented version of Paul Pierce. He can post you up, shoot from anywhere on the court, and blow by you. He is a mismatch against any opponent he plays against.

Defensively, he may never be on par with the elite guys but he is a good rebounder and ever since Chauncy arrived the Nuggets have played good D so it seems he isnt someone that holds them back defensively.

JJ81
02-26-2009, 08:49 AM
I never said he was overrated. He's one of the best players in the league and probably the 2nd best SF but he wasn't been playing as well as he has been in the past.

EAGLES3658
02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I never thought he was overrated.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
because he's a chucker that does not play defense

Faneik
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't think he's overrated but I wouldn't choose him to build a team around, no defense or leadership, but he still has time so..

I agree with the bolded part.

And I think he's overrated, he doesn't deserve superstar status imo.

JordansBulls
02-26-2009, 09:40 AM
The guy has never averaged below 20 ppg in a season. His career average for ppg is 24.2 and now with chauncey billups the nuggets are an elite team in the western conference. His PER may be lower than most superstars, but he is the leader on a strong team. So what makes him so overrated?...i'm not a nuggets fan so I don't see many of their games, but by looking at his stats i'd have to assume its his defense, since thats the only stat that doesn't truly rely on numbers.

Because he and Lebron were supposed to be neck and neck. Also this is his 6th year in the league.

Corey
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
To me, he doesn't seem like he cares out there. He gets into ruts where he just continually chucks up shots, and doesn't even make up for it on the other end by playing strong defense. He could be a top five player in the league with the natural talent he has, but it's not being applied. He could be right there with LeBron, ahead of Pierce and everyone else...But he simply isn't at this point.

We saw flashes of brilliance, especially those of you that watched him in the olympics, but it isn't that consistent. He COULD play defense, but he doesn't. He COULD pass more, but he doesn't. He COULD have a smarter shot selection, but he doesn't.

He's a very good player, but he lacks the basketball maturity that other small forwards like Pierce, Lebron, and even Rashard Lewis and Danny Granger has. To me, it just seems like he's going through the motions.

lakers4sho
02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I cant speak for everyone but for me its because of his playoff failures, lack of taking it up a notch come postseason, and his inability to improve his efficiency with a reduced role this year.

To me, he doesn't seem like he cares out there. He gets into ruts where he just continually chucks up shots, and doesn't even make up for it on the other end by playing strong defense. He could be a top five player in the league with the natural talent he has, but it's not being applied. He could be right there with LeBron, ahead of Pierce and everyone else...But he simply isn't at this point.

We saw flashes of brilliance, especially those of you that watched him in the olympics, but it isn't that consistent. He COULD play defense, but he doesn't. He COULD pass more, but he doesn't. He COULD have a smarter shot selection, but he doesn't.

He's a very good player, but he lacks the basketball maturity that other small forwards like Pierce, Lebron, and even Rashard Lewis and Danny Granger has. To me, it just seems like he's going through the motions.

:nod:

koreancabbage
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM

well that means Garnett was overrated in the past as well. Geez, Garnett could not win in the post-season if his life depended on it in the past.

Efficiency as he is the best player on his team, could be a little better, but hey- he should have the best lungs in the league since he plays in Denver (elevation) for half the games lol. that should count for something. :rolleyes:

Knowledge
02-26-2009, 12:16 PM
well that means Garnett was overrated in the past as well. Geez, Garnett could not win in the post-season if his life depended on it in the past.

Efficiency as he is the best player on his team, could be a little better, but hey- he should have the best lungs in the league since he plays in Denver (elevation) for half the games lol. that should count for something. :rolleyes:

its amazing how much more clutch players become when they have a great team around them isnt it?

Chicagofan911x
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
He isnt overrated. He is what he is. He isnt a champion though. He doesnt have it in my opinion. The it that Lebron. Kobe, Paul, Wade, Howard, and Garnett have. I just dont buy into him. I think he is a dribble and shoot type of player. A larry Hughes but much more skilled. He doesnt have the right attitude which makes him overrated. Its like a hot girl thats a ***** which makes her not as hott.

Faneik
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM

In the 2003-04 NBA season, he led the Wolves to the Western Conference Finals.

Get your facts straight.

chicagowhitesox
02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
bad defense and puts up a ton of shots.

Trouble87
02-26-2009, 12:36 PM
simply put...

high expectations + underachieving = overrated and unappreciated player...

Melo is better than most but his lack of leadership, inconsistency on defense, and not having that killer instinct in the playoffs has branded him with that overrated tag. He's has had and has great teams built around him. But he has yet to capitalize on that in any serious kind of way. I dont consider him overrated but that probably because I dont see him as a elite player... he is a offensive juggernaut but past that I cant say much good about him

Trouble87
02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Because he and Lebron were supposed to be neck and neck. Also this is his 6th year in the league.

I honestly thought it wouldnt even be close by now... Carmelo coming out of Syracuse was supposed to be a sure bet. Lebron out of high school couldve went either way but Carmelo was supposed to be a superstar...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I think it's how wade and and Bron seperated themselves from him... Melo is a beast. arguably the most versatile scorer in the game, and a very very agressive and underrated rebounder.

WadeCounty
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
I used to think he was overrated for the simple fact that there was so much hype about him, now his name is thrown around less often. Comparing number 1 lebron to number 2 carmelo, and then even comparing him to wade at the number 5 pick. I think he's a great player but as some people above me have mentioned, I wouldnt build a team around him

this commercial suits him well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAsRQfO8lY

BRADY4MVP
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
he is a good player, but he cant take his team deep in the playoffs...he is a #2 on a team, not a #1..

he needs someone who can actually lead a team

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM

Lol Danny Granger and Rashard Lewis are no where near Melo's level.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Last year: Still maturing and overhyped

This year: Under the radar and underrated

ARMIN12NBA
02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
He is underrated to me. Carmelo is a very clutch player and is playing much better defensively this year.

Perl567
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM

It was the case in previous years, but it is not the case anymore. His defense and rebounding (one of the top SF's in the Leauge in rebounding in fact) has improved dramatically this year, and yes, he doesn't get assists, but that is because the POINT GUARD handles the ball, as an all-star, proven, former MVP should. His numbers are down 'cause he has been continuously injured this year.

IMHO what makes people say that is his attitude and (former) tendencies in most cases. Some examples:
- Guaranteeing a gold medal in the Olympics
- *****ing that he did not get an all-star spot when Lebron did
- Getting suspended for 'X' games 'X' amount of times
- Getting a DUI (and having the police drive him home)
- Not playing defense (which is NOT the case anymore)
- Squirting out on the fast break rather than keeping with the ball and grabbing rebounds (which was a strategy when AI was here, 'cause his defense is atrocious- just terrible. I laughed my *** off when he started *****ing about defense publicly).

I'm sure there is more, but hey, the Nuggets didn't start winning games until he was drafted, so how can you call that overrated?

Watch some games before you make assumptions that his game hasn't changed. I believe it has been noted by several professional sports writers this year.

Is he as developed as Kobe or LeBron? No way. But he's getting there. Maybe some day. Kevin Durant is more overrated for sure, but it depends on what you look at- the Nuggets don't make the playoffs without 'Melo. Period. Durant can score 50 a night for the rest of the season and the Thunder will STILL have a lottery pick this year.

alem0022
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
he is one of those players who people call overrated, but is really underrated. this happens because he "hasn't won enough", and people equate good numbers and no playoff wins to an overrated player. I don't think this is right at all. I'm a huge Spurs fan, so I've watched a lot of Spurs-Nuggets series where 'Melo played great, but never had the right team around him. Let's be real, he's no LeBron, so we can't say that simply because he can't carry a team to the finals, that he's overrated. Paul Pierce couldn't carry a team to the finals; Kobe couldn't carry a team to the finals. Like I said, in all of those Spurs-Nuggets series, the only player I ever worried about was Melo because he has one of the best (if not the best) mid-range jump shot in the game; there's just no guarding it. Bowen couldn't slow him down, and if that [dirty] bastard can't stop him, nobody can. The problem isn't that Melo doesn't do enough, it's that the rest of his team didn't do enough.

Melo is having the best year of his career right now. He's scoring a couple less points, but doing it with a much higher shooting percentage. He also increased his rebounding and assists per game. The difference is that now he can allow the game to come to him, rather than forcing himself on the game...kind of like a Ginobili, where he's most effective when he follows the flow of the game rather than forcing himself on the match.

So my point (i do have one) is that he is 'overrated' because he hasn't gotten far enough into the playoffs, when in reality his impact on games and his numbers are vastly underrated.

Faneik
02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
he is one of those players who people call overrated, but is really underrated. this happens because he "hasn't won enough", and people equate good numbers and no playoff wins to an overrated player. I don't think this is right at all. I'm a huge Spurs fan, so I've watched a lot of Spurs-Nuggets series where 'Melo played great, but never had the right team around him. Let's be real, he's no LeBron, so we can't say that simply because he can't carry a team to the finals, that he's overrated. Paul Pierce couldn't carry a team to the finals; Kobe couldn't carry a team to the finals. Like I said, in all of those Spurs-Nuggets series, the only player I ever worried about was Melo because he has one of the best (if not the best) mid-range jump shot in the game; there's just no guarding it. Bowen couldn't slow him down, and if that [dirty] bastard can't stop him, nobody can. The problem isn't that Melo doesn't do enough, it's that the rest of his team didn't do enough.

Melo is having the best year of his career right now. He's scoring a couple less points, but doing it with a much higher shooting percentage. He also increased his rebounding and assists per game. The difference is that now he can allow the game to come to him, rather than forcing himself on the game...kind of like a Ginobili, where he's most effective when he follows the flow of the game rather than forcing himself on the match.

So my point (i do have one) is that he is 'overrated' because he hasn't gotten far enough into the playoffs, when in reality his impact on games and his numbers are vastly underrated.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carmelo_anthony/career_stats.html

Get your facts straight. He's shooting worse this season, less 5%.

However, his 3 improved, 4%.

EDIT: His assists and rebounds are the same from last season.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 01:03 PM

Another stat that makes it evident Melo is more perimeter oriented this year. Billups is shooting 41 percent and he still makes good decisions. Wether your shooting well or not doesn't always say something about how well you execute your offense.

Perl567
02-26-2009, 01:07 PM

EDIT: His assists and rebounds are the same from last season.

Get YOUR facts straight- He missed a ton of games this year, is dealing with Bone Spurs in his elbow, a broken bone in his shooting hand, etc. Are you looking at YTD, because there is still a ton of games left. LOL if his rebounds and assists are the same as last season with 25% of the games left, he is doing BETTER ******. If you are comparing YTD to the same amount of games last year, I retract the ****** part.

colinskik
02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
He isnt overrated. He is what he is. He isnt a champion though. He doesnt have it in my opinion. The it that Lebron. Kobe, Paul, Wade, Howard, and Garnett have. I just dont buy into him. I think he is a dribble and shoot type of player. A larry Hughes but much more skilled. He doesnt have the right attitude which makes him overrated. Its like a hot girl thats a ***** which makes her not as hott.
He led the Orange to the NCAA championship as a Freshman. So technically he is a champion. Plus, he was on the USA basketball team that won the gold medal. Remember that?

Some people say the stupidest ****, I swear...

Faneik
02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Get YOUR facts straight- He missed a ton of games this year, is dealing with Bone Spurs in his elbow, a broken bone in his shooting hand, etc. Are you looking at YTD, because there is still a ton of games left. LOL if his rebounds and assists are the same as last season with 25% of the games left, he is doing BETTER ******. If you are comparing YTD to the same amount of games last year, I retract the ****** part.

I stand with what I posted. The numbers are there, they don't lie.

Regarding the name calling, grow up.

Go eat some biscuits and watch some nickelodeon little kid.

Perl567
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM

Guess I don't retract it then.

Faneik
02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Guess I don't retract it then.

you forgot: "na na ne-na na!"

DrDEADalready
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
He slaps like a *****

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM

Go eat some biscuits and watch some nickelodeon little kid.

But they are deceptive and inconclusive. Because Melo's overall play and execution on both ends have been more steady than ever this year. Billups just brings a more controlled pace...not necessairily slower, to Denver.

It has clearly carried over to Melo's game...his stats are identical...he is scoring less because he more willingly passes the ball and he picks his spots more. Plus his turnovers are down.

As for the last comment, who doesn't like biscuits and nickelodeon? Should he be offended by that?

what54!?
02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Carmelo is underated in my book. Yes his numbers are down this year but he's become a smarter player and seems to be more committed to the defense end. He does pass the ball and its not he job to get high asisst numbers every game. (thats why Billups is there.) He's also the nuggets go-to scorer nothung wrong with high shot attempts

koreancabbage
02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
In the 2003-04 NBA season, he led the Wolves to the Western Conference Finals.

Get your facts straight.

oh- two times in his long career has he led (helped) his team there. Actually i believe he's the consummate role player now.

7 times in a row his team did not make it past the first round and that one year (7th time the charm)- his team fluked it out- though amidst injuries to the PGs, lost in the semi-finals. i'm not saying it was his fault but management were douches and to add to the blame.

i just don't think Carmelo is overrated at all- not yet anyways. He hasn't had a good team to play with. he's still developing and honing his skills.

alem0022
02-26-2009, 02:04 PM
You're right, my facts were off. I was thinking of his better 3-point percentage, not his overall FG percentage.

badboyhoward
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
by no means is melo overrated he is one of the best players in the nba. u could see how special he was gonna be when he was at the cuse,he should have gone 1st overall in the draft that year cuz to me he was better than lebron coming out that year.

Faneik
02-26-2009, 02:28 PM
by no means is melo overrated he is one of the best players in the nba. u could see how special he was gonna be when he was at the cuse,he should have gone 1st overall in the draft that year cuz to me he was better than lebron coming out that year.

lol... cavs' front office must really regret their decision...:rolleyes:

Mr.ATLHawks
02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Carmelo is a gifted offensive player and people over rate him b/c look at his class Flash and Lebron, and out of those three he had the best rookie season, but honestly the games I have seen Carmelo doesnt appear to play hard. Maybe the game just comes so easy to him but I would like to see some more effort and passion in his game ala Kevin Garnett. And I wouldnt call Carmelo the leader of the Nuggets I think Big shot chauncey has snatched that from him and that is why they have elevated their play this year. And Nene is playing out of his mind and so is K-Mart finally...

Chicagofaithful
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah id take him over Paul Pierce any day... but the thing is... its all about the rings bro if/when he gets one.. he wont be underappreciated

Mr.ATLHawks
02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
by no means is melo overrated he is one of the best players in the nba. u could see how special he was gonna be when he was at the cuse,he should have gone 1st overall in the draft that year cuz to me he was better than lebron coming out that year. LOL...Melo was a beast at Syracuse but Lebrons 6-9 260 pound 50+ inch vertical Point Guard skills probably weighed in on those decisions..lets not mention his 3 or 4 straight state titles and 100+ wins and 1 loss HS career record....They are both solid players but Lebron has elevated his defense along with his offense, and is a monster on both sides of the ball. melo doesnt like playing D. You can throw Lebron in the Best Player in the NBA conversation, can you say that about Melo? To be honest I would have drafted Kevin Durant over Melo, and yes i know 2 different draft years...

what54!?
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I think think some of the melo hate just has to do with how wade and lebron seperated themselves from him.

pstar2004
02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
He is just like many players in the nba today. no defense at all. who cares if he scores a lot when the person he defends is getting easy shots. anthony over pierce? i have seen pierce take over games offense and defense. not melo. he is in it to look pretty and get a big paycheck. and the reason melo did not get roy. once again the one stat you do not see as much on paper. defense.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
He is just like many players in the nba today. no defense at all. who cares if he scores a lot when the person he defends is getting easy shots. anthony over pierce? i have seen pierce take over games offense and defense. not melo. he is in it to look pretty and get a big paycheck. and the reason melo did not get roy. once again the one stat you do not see as much on paper. defense.

Most of the people defending Melo on this thread have said nothing about him being better than Pierce.

It's just annoying when people think Melo has regressed simply because he scores like three points less a game.

Alot of Melo's critics in this thread seem to makes assumptions based on the numbers than actually drawing conclusions of Melo's actual play on the hardwood.

IndyRealist
02-26-2009, 03:19 PM
He's playing passable defense this year, and I still firmly believe he didn't play D in previous years because the Nuggets told him to score, score, score. What he does not have, and probably never will have, is leadership. He just does not show enough emotion, he doesn't get people involved, he doesn't make his teammates better. That's what Chauncey brings to the table.

jimbobjarree
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
actual Denver fans, in the last two games why has Billups taken (and screwed up) the last shot when Melo has made some big shots this year, do you not go to him in the clutch no more?

Corey
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Lol Danny Granger and Rashard Lewis are no where near Melo's level.

Rashard Lewis is a step below, but at this point Granger and 'Melo are neck and neck. I'd rather have Granger on my team.

Perl567
02-26-2009, 04:06 PM
you forgot: "na na ne-na na!"

"na na ne-na na!"

Faneik
02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Most of the people defending Melo on this thread have said nothing about him being better than Pierce.

It's just annoying when people think Melo has regressed simply because he scores like three points less a game.

Alot of Melo's critics in this thread seem to makes assumptions based on the numbers than actually drawing conclusions of Melo's actual play on the hardwood.

Yeah, yeah...

Nuggets are having a good season, and it's all because of Melo's great season. Even though he is scoring less (with lower FG%), and his assists and rebounds are the same.

Let us give all the credit to Melo, and let us forget about Nene and Billups.

Check how the Pistons are doing since Billups left...

My point is: Melo didn't grow as a player, he didn't become more efficient, the system changed and that helped the team. He's the same player as last year, very good one. but he isn't the leader he was supposed to be.

Nuggets are Billups' team now. And it isn't just because he is the PG/floor general. Melo didn't step up to take the role as Nuggets' leader.

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, Duncan and others have one thing in common --> they are hungry. Night in, night out.

I don't see that kind of hunger in Melo. And that's why imo, he isn't superstar material.

Faneik
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
"na na ne-na na!"

you win. I can't compete with your reasoning.

jimbobjarree
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Rashard Lewis is a step below, but at this point Granger and 'Melo are neck and neck. I'd rather have Granger on my team.

Granger over Melo anyday

Nirvanaskurdt
02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
you try living under donnie darko milicic's shadow!!!:smoking:

Faneik
02-26-2009, 04:51 PM
you try living under donnie darko milicic's shadow!!!:smoking:

lol, good one.

DitchDat
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
he's being compared to players who are on a different plateau: LeBron James and Dwayne Wade.

He's good, but he gets overshadowed by those guys.

Ballah0liC1
02-26-2009, 05:18 PM

u must be used to that cause i watch the knicks everyday and thats what the whole team does

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, yeah...

Nuggets are having a good season, and it's all because of Melo's great season. Even though he is scoring less (with lower FG%), and his assists and rebounds are the same.

Let us give all the credit to Melo, and let us forget about Nene and Billups.

Check how the Pistons are doing since Billups left...

My point is: Melo didn't grow as a player, he didn't become more efficient, the system changed and that helped the team. He's the same player as last year, very good one. but he isn't the leader he was supposed to be.

Nuggets are Billups' team now. And it isn't just because he is the PG/floor general. Melo didn't step up to take the role as Nuggets' leader.

Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, Duncan and others have one thing in common --> they are hungry. Night in, night out.

I don't see that kind of hunger in Melo. And that's why imo, he isn't superstar material.

I already told you why Melo is shooting a low FG percentage but somewhere along the way this completely escaped you. The only reason his Fg% is slightly down is because he is playing more on the perimeter this year.

And I'm not saying Melo has become better or worse...I'm saying there are indications he is finally figuring out how to play the right way.

His stats may not jump at you as much as previous years, but mentally as a player he is starting to mature. That's all. No one is claiming he is better than LBJ or Pierce or whatever.

colinskik
02-26-2009, 05:21 PM
u must be used to that cause i watch the knicks everyday and thats what the whole team does
shut up. really, just shut up.

The Answer3
02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Melo isn't overrated. More like underrated because he gets no recognition. You have people saying Kevin Durant's already better than Melo which just shows how underrated he is. It isn't all about stats, Melo's PPG and FG% is down cause of the elbow injury he had. He has really improved on defense, not falling for pumpfakes, the effort is there. His game is also more fundamentally sound. Sometimes he falls in love with his jumper way too much, thinking its Birdesque.

Mr_Peabody
02-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I honestly thought it wouldnt even be close by now... Carmelo coming out of Syracuse was supposed to be a sure bet. Lebron out of high school couldve went either way but Carmelo was supposed to be a superstar...

well you can consider him superstar. I mean I'm a melo fan, so my opinion may be a little biased, but I think he just needs a leader. I think Billups on the team has really helped him and will continue to help him. He now has a player who he can trust will make the right decision with the ball unlike in previous years, which is probably why he takes smarter shots this year. Obviouvly hes not on the same level as LBJ, but it doesnt mean he is overrated.

Thats just stupid

fairandbalanced
02-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't think he's a overrated Basketball player. He is a overrated NBA player, if only the Nuggets can trade him to Team USA, he'll be Basketball MVP.

Chronz
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM

I dont see the connection, Im not asking for Melo to win, Im asking him to show up. Winning is a team aspect, what matters is how much you help your team in that regard. KG never disappeared the way Melo has pretty much his entire career.

x_notorious
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
You can blame numerous things.

-"Competition" with LBJ. It's clear that they are two totally different players playing the same position.
-Known for being a chucker that doesn't play defense.

IMO, he is underrated. His text book jumper looks great and can score in a variety of ways. He's definitely a top 5 SF in the league, IMO.

BranWingss
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Hes not a superstar,yet he doesn't bring it every game

CvilleRB28
02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Maybe it's because everyone is Haters... Carmelo is a beast and people need to respect him more, I also think C. Billups really taught him a lot by making smarter decisions...

Marius
02-26-2009, 08:31 PM
The Media ruined his image. I personally would love to have him on our team. (Raptors)

The dude is an allstar and will prover doubters wrong.. when he makes a 2nd round appearance this year!