PDA

View Full Version : kansas city islanders?

tsunami
02-26-2009, 01:22 AM
move would be cool for me because i would get to see them play more often in dallas.

however i don't want to see this team leave NY

plus i can't believe that wang would actually move the team.

MetsFan19
02-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Hes not
the Lighthouse project has momentum..plenty of it
there talking about ground breaking this summer

but any way
Queens and Brooklyn are 1st on the list if the islanders are to ever move
it would be after 2015 anyways

tsunami
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
from the newsday article:

Wang - speaking publicly for the first time since speculation emerged early this year about possible relocation of the team - said that an agreement he made with the county in 2007 to renovate the 36-year-old Coliseum and develop the area around it includes language that gives the team an out: Once the county executive submits a lease for the 150 acres of county-owned property, the legislature has 120 days to approve it. If it doesn't, the team can leave.

i hope you're right that it will start this summer... it should have been finished by this summer though

i have faith that hempstead an nassau will figure something out but it just gets annoying every time they mention the possibility of a move

McJoe
02-26-2009, 02:34 AM
there is probably an outside chance that if the Islanders are still terrible and still not drawing fans(with Tavares coming probably wont happen) that the Isles could be moved in 2015 or 16(I cant remember) when the extremely strict lease with their building runs out.

All talk of the Isles going anywhere isnt gonna happen until that lease runs out. From what I understood it would cost more to get out of the lease to move the team than it would to buy the team in the first place. The Isles arent going anywhere.

ChrisAnchors
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
this makes me cringe.. i will be so pissed in 3 years if they move and have a sick team, while we stood by them through the difficult years

BranWingss
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I hate the hole idea of switching places but some times it has to be done

nyteamsports09
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
same thing happend in the 70's they were bad then got a ton of 1st round picks got really really really good and now they are all hall of famers

ChrisAnchors
02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
yeah but in the 70s the coliseum was brand new... 40 years later... its a piece of sh[t

joe j.09
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Im 95 percent sure the islanders arent going anywhere this whole threat to move to kansas cityis just to get the stadium moving along! they just had a huge vote that went through so its gonna get built but why is it taking so long!!! and if ur dumb enough to think that the leas is gonna keep the team here to 2015 ur an idiot sorry but it doesnt matter how strict it is if u look in the poast at other sports u can ALWAYS get outta the lease so that WONT be the reason they stay just lets get this thing moving already!!