PDA

View Full Version : What Would it Take?

Spurred1
02-26-2009, 12:37 AM
What would it take for you to stop supporting your favorite player or team? Many fans on this forum are very passionate about their teams and its players or might just be crazy about a specific player. If that favorite player committed a serious crime, would you continue to support him?

lorenz00
02-26-2009, 12:44 AM
if your team is not winning or there GM arent doing ***** or something like that.. but most of the fans i think are ballers that means they need to watch... lol

DerekRE_3
02-26-2009, 02:45 AM
What would it take for you to stop supporting your favorite player or team? Many fans on this forum are very passionate about their teams and its players or might just be crazy about a specific player. If that favorite player committed a serious crime, would you continue to support him?

My favorite player would never commit a crime.

bostncelts34
02-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Regardless of what happened with Boston. Im a fan. I was a fan during the 18 game losing streak, and i was a fan through their championship run. I just wish i was born before 86 when they were a dynasty :(

sacgiants1213
02-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Kevin Martin would have to murder someone for me to stop liking him. And if the Kings end up moving, i'm not sure if i'll still like them.

GoatMilk
02-26-2009, 02:52 AM
I think I'm gonna always support my team and its players.
I have aspirations of becoming an NBA writer one day. Maybe then I won't be as biased towards a certain team, but idk.

abe_froman
02-26-2009, 03:08 AM

serious crime?probably,it would have to be something morally/ethically reprehensible(like vicks dog fighting ring).and i guess,i'm excluded i'm really not a fan of most the players on my team,and i give my team till the end of the '10 offseason to do something for my continued support.because i'm pretty down on that org and how it's been run overall

S.J.Basketball
02-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Someone would have to pull a Michael Vick.

jphxsuns
02-26-2009, 03:17 AM
if marko jaric gave me his wife(adriana lima) and said i had to stop supporting the suns, i might have to consider it

Spurred1
02-26-2009, 03:39 AM
if marko jaric gave me his wife(adriana lima) and said i had to stop supporting the suns, i might have to consider it

lol..that's a pretty good answer. But seriously, would you be able to support Steve Nash if he murdered his wife and children? Would you be able to support the Suns overall?

Hawkize31
02-26-2009, 03:44 AM
If they magically turned into the New York Yankees just go ahead and kill me please.

Spurred1
02-26-2009, 03:54 AM
My favorite player would never commit a crime.

How can you be so sure Derek? What if he snaps at his wife one night and hits her? Would that affect your opinion of him?

pete_one
02-26-2009, 05:01 AM
if Kobe went down on another white female, i'd still be down for KB. If Dwade laid the SmackDown on his wife, i'd be down with the Flash. If DHoward posterized a person in a wheelchair, i'm still down with Superman. If DJ Mbenga killed Jack in tha Box, i'm down with that too.

JJ81
02-26-2009, 08:03 AM
I'd continue to support my team and my favourite players.

hotdogbun
02-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Regardless of what happened with Boston. Im a fan. I was a fan during the 18 game losing streak, and i was a fan through their championship run. I just wish i was born before 86 when they were a dynasty :(

too bad there arent as many loyal celtic fans as you cuz many are just really bandwagon fans. 2 seasons ago boston celtics home games doesnt even sell out(except vs. lakers) but since 2 of the big 3 came and Cs started winning again the arena started to sell out a game and the Cs had more fans

back to topic

the only way that i would stop liking the lakers is if they get disbanded from the nba. oh wait NAH i will still love em

dougie5627
02-26-2009, 08:33 AM
if a player tried to hurt anyone i knew, or just flat out became a c u next tuesday

Kyle N.
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I think the real question is, what would it take for me to like the Lakers?

WadeCounty
02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
the only way i could stop liking wade is if he decides to just stop playing and doesnt care about the team if the team hasnt done anything wrong to him and he kept on asking to be traded

but only if the heat havn't done anything to him or dont want to satisfy his needs if he wants another certain player

IndyRealist
02-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I stuck with the Pacers through Isaiah Thomas, through the Brawl, through near continuous injuries to Jermaine O'Neal, through the Jamaal Tinsley saga. I supported the team when traded away all of our talent because they couldn't stay out of strip clubs and gun fights. I'm proud to be a Pacers fan, and just about the only thing I'd stop being a fan for is if the team left Indiana. We stuck through them during lean basketball years, they need to stick with us through lean financial years.

Or if they changed their uniforms to that horrible powder blue that's going around the league. Why would a grown man wear powder blue....

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
If Manu signs with a bad team and gets the same amount of minutes as Kobe and Roy averaging around 23 5 and 5...instead of his usual modest numbers off the bench.

I like players who put winning over personal glory...so I'm glad that'll never happen...even as Manu is entering the decline of his career.

Note: this is another homer post. But the thread called for it fortunately.

DrDEADalready
02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
If the Jazz move locations. I'd probably stop being a fan of them and the entire NBA

Mr_Peabody
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
If a team pulls what the grizzlies did. If the Nuggets traded away Nene or the Bulls traded away Deng as a pure salary dump, I probably wouldnt support em anymore.

The only way I wouldnt like my favorite player is if they turned into Kobe

Hellcrooner
02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
I would stop rooting for my favourite player if he signed for the Celtics, Raped a Woman ( or a man) or killed someone.

I would stop rooting for the Lakers if they moved to another city. I woudl switch to the Clipps.

GSW fan
02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
they would have to be like the zodiac kille

alem0022
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I think I can rule out Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili doing anything ethically wrong, so I'd cheer for them no matter what. As for little Tony...I'm not so sure....

When it comes to a team, I don't think I would ever stop cheering for the Spurs. They've been too good in my lifetime for me to have any complaints. Of course, this all goes out the window if the team were to move.