PDA

View Full Version : Is Robert Horry HOF worthy?

Eagles_Guy
02-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I was having a discussion with my friend about whether or not Robert Horry is HOF worthy.

I think he is, sure he never won any scoring titles or went to any All Star games. But how many times have we all been watching a playoff game and "Big Shot Bob" comes through in the clutch. I remember the Sacramento shot, one of the most dramatic finishes ever and will hold up for a long time. Should it all be about stats, or should great moments like all Horry's clutch game winners be up for consideration as well?

Plus the fact that he has more rings, albeit mostly as a "role player", than anyone else in the modern era.

Do you think he is HOF worthy? Why or why not?

Duncan = Donkey
02-25-2009, 11:14 PM
lol, not in my book.

greg_ory_2005
02-25-2009, 11:16 PM
No!

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
all this thread gets from me is LMAO

montazingmvp
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
no, he goes down as one of the most fortunate players of all time. he benefited from the players around him as opposed to vice versa

GoatMilk
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
no

BranWingss
02-25-2009, 11:27 PM
50/50

JordansBulls
02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I was having a discussion with my friend about whether or not Robert Horry is HOF worthy.

I think he is, sure he never won any scoring titles or went to any All Star games. But how many times have we all been watching a playoff game and "Big Shot Bob" comes through in the clutch. I remember the Sacramento shot, one of the most dramatic finishes ever and will hold up for a long time. Should it all be about stats, or should great moments like all Horry's clutch game winners be up for consideration as well?

Plus the fact that he has more rings, albeit mostly as a "role player", than anyone else in the modern era.

Do you think he is HOF worthy? Why or why not?

If a guy was never a star then he isn't hall of fame.

TheShock45
02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
all this thread gets from me is LMAO

firstoff dude that picture of the girl getting her top pulled down to expose red sox nation boobs is the GREATEST picture of all time BUT its kind of creepy with out the fat chick now its just a girl with 2 hands creeping up on the side of her titties

also i think it looks like pap seen her boobs and is beginning to start to wack it

anyway about robert horry yea he'll be in the hall a fame right next to mark madsen and any teammate of bill russell

Eagles_Guy
02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Sure Sure he did have the Olajuwon's and the Kobe's and the Shaq's and the Duncan's, but shouldn't 7 rings count for something?

I'm not saying he should be held in the same light as all those guys, but he did leave his mark....he's the all time leader is playoff games played, and 2nd in 3 pointers in the playoffs all time, and most 3 pointers in the finals as well.

theuuord
02-25-2009, 11:33 PM
No.

Eagles_Guy
02-25-2009, 11:34 PM
firstoff dude that picture of the girl getting her top pulled down to expose red sox nation boobs is the GREATEST picture of all time BUT its kind of creepy with out the fat chick now its just a girl with 2 hands creeping up on the side of her titties

also i think it looks like pap seen her boobs and is beginning to start to wack it

anyway about robert horry yea he'll be in the hall a fame right next to mark madsen and any teammate of bill russell

Dude alot of Bill Russell's teammates are in the HOF.

I agree it's probably mostly because of Russell lol, but alot of them are.

laboy09
02-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes robert horry is a hall of famer because he gots rings and was a clutch player

durtee
02-25-2009, 11:36 PM
I remember having this conversation a year ago with some people at work. It was about 50/50 of what they thought, but for me it was a definite No. He was a very good role player and some of those teams may not have won without him, but that doesn't mean he should be in the HOF. As someone else said, he was probably the most fortunate/lucky player ever to play in the NBA. Every team he was on was completely loaded with talent/HOFers.

KobeOwnSU
02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Kareem Rush is a hall of famer too.

dre1990
02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I say he is.

Jaji
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
No! Robert Horry is one of the dirtiest players in basketball. I still can't believe what he did to Steve Nash. He'll go down in my Hall of Shame though for sure.

Lakers4ItAll
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Horry as clutch as he was is not HOF worthy IMO.

I guess the same question could be asked about Steve Kerr also

hotpotato1092
02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
No, he's a mediocre player who was never even a good starter who's just happened to play on great teams (Hakeem's Rockets, Shaq and Kobe's Lakers, Duncan's Spurs). I'm not saying he isn't clutch but you can't be a hall of famer if you were never a good starter.

Eagles_Guy
02-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Ok should he be put in as the master of the flop then -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM

That's a pretty hardcore flop, let's see Shaq or Duncan do that....

Kyle916
02-26-2009, 12:18 AM
No.

If there were a HOF for luck he should make it for being lucky enough to be on all the championship teams.

lorenz00
02-26-2009, 12:48 AM
hell no period