PDA

View Full Version : Get it Straight! Tyler Hansborough is NO Good

D Roses Bulls
02-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Almost every chat i read on espn, someone asks about tyler Hansborough and say stupid things like this, Morgan (PA): Do you think Hansborough will be as dominant as a NBA player than he is as is college? will people understand he will not be any good in the NBA and will not be drafted in the first round or no where near it. i mean he is averaging 21 points 7 rebounds and .09 assists with .04 blocks a game on a good north carolina team. i mean he isnt even averaging a double double and his team mates are taking the pressure off of him. if he was good he would have came the last three years but didnt because he was never dominate and never will be. anyone who says he is the number one pick or even a first rounder is basketball challenged. the guy is a descent college player but is not great or will be good in the NBA at all.

the post for one of the chats where someone said that
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25198

cambovenzi
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
i think he could be a mid-late 1st rounder:shrug:

definitely wont be dominating no NBA tho, i agree.

jphxsuns
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
tyler hansborough=mark madsen

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
ok got it

D Roses Bulls
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
ok got it

GOOD JOB :clap:

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 08:34 PM
GOOD JOB :clap:

Its all thanks to you man!! Thanks man :hi5: safety first then team work!

D Roses Bulls
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Its all thanks to you man!! Thanks man :hi5: safety first then team work!

LOL thats what im here for :)

Ragun
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
tyler hansborough=mark madsen

well i think hansbrough will be slightly better. hansbrough should be a 2nd rounder IMO.

D Roses Bulls
02-25-2009, 08:41 PM
well i think hansbrough will be slightly better. hansbrough should be a 2nd rounder IMO.

i think mid to low second rounder

wwwhat
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
He'll be a good role player (7th-8th man). He has that nice mid-range jumper on offense and if he gets stronger on defense and can body up PFs he'll be one of those guys that are invaluable to playoff teams.

Joshtd1
02-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Najera with less range

Chest Rockwell
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
He SHOULD be a mid-late 2nd rounder but you know a team is going to reach for him.

jtchilln
02-25-2009, 08:55 PM
If he left college 2 years ago he would have been a top 5 pick and would have made HUGE money. I still think someone will take him in the 1st round but I don't see him being a dominant player in the NBA.

D Roses Bulls
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
If he left college 2 years ago he would have been a top 5 pick and would have made HUGE money. I still think someone will take him in the 1st round but I don't see him being a dominant player in the NBA.

yeah he would of made huge money back then, but he'll be a second round pick, guaranteed

magichatnumber9
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Listen its not Tylers fault he is a few inches too short to be an effective power forward. It is what it is. He will be a James Posey type utility guy off the bench and there is nothing wrong with that.

da wood
02-25-2009, 09:11 PM
james posey type? yeah right posey can shoot the hell out of the three pointer. and posey d is crazy. you can't compare the two with a straight face.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-25-2009, 09:13 PM
he stinks!

TheHeat3
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Listen its not Tylers fault he is a few inches too short to be an effective power forward. It is what it is. He will be a James Posey type utility guy off the bench and there is nothing wrong with that.

james posey type? yeah right posey can shoot the hell out of the three pointer. and posey d is crazy. you can't compare the two with a straight face.

I don't think he was comparing the two straight up, i'm pretty sure he just meant that he'll be as valuable as a bench player to a team as Posey is. Now if he was comparing the two straight up...then he must be :smoking:

Jacob K.
02-25-2009, 09:28 PM
im thinking bottom half of the 1st round. hes a good player, i think you sold him short. hes a dominating player in college, hes been college player of the year twice. yes he is too short to guard some pfs, but i think hell be alright

EAGLES3658
02-25-2009, 09:29 PM
He will suck in the NBA.

IndyRealist
02-25-2009, 09:30 PM
He's not up on a lot of draft boards, I don't know why people talk him up. I'll be greatly surprised if his game translates to the NBA.

LAcowBOMBER
02-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Im pretty positive he will go in the first round. He obviously won't dominate, but I don't think most people here are saying he will. I'm a big Hansborough fan, but he isn't gona be great. He is ona provide alot of energy off a bench though and play good minutes for some contender.

Leafsleeve
02-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Dude is going to be the next Eric Montross, he won't do ****

JOSETHEALLSTAR
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
could be a good role player and i see him as a late first round pick

D Roses Bulls
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
He's not up on a lot of draft boards, I don't know why people talk him up. I'll be greatly surprised if his game translates to the NBA.

agreed..... he wont be a first rounder and he isnt that fast or athletic enough to do anything.

stevec6
02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
he will be a steal if he is still around at #2 overall.... i dunno what any of you are talking about... superstar!!!

completely kidding

nady4president
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't care where he gets drafted... just get out of UNC!

dgreat5000
02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
he'll get drafted 1st round just off of his college career. Plus GM's seems to think 4 year guys our better than freshman or soph's even if they have no skill...However, he will not be a great or good NBA player, i see him being like a robin lopez...only gets in during blowouts

stevefrancis
02-25-2009, 10:36 PM
everybodys just hatin cuz hes white same with david lee. lee is doing the samething amare is doing and he has nash imagine lee had nash hell be getting 25 and 12 each night but you guys hate cuz hes white

IndyRealist
02-25-2009, 10:43 PM
everybodys just hatin cuz hes white same with david lee. lee is doing the samething amare is doing and he has nash imagine lee had nash hell be getting 25 and 12 each night but you guys hate cuz hes white

C'mon, do it. You know you want to call him the next Larry Bird! Heh, just kidding man.

GSW fan
02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
i dont see a team wasting their first chance to get an improvement on their team on him.

mid second round

zambo4president
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Hes my favorite college player and in college hes an animal. But he could be a nice energy player for someones bench, but he wont win an MVP or anything.

cubulls
02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
If he were black, he would probably be a top 3 pick. :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 11:13 PM
HE will be drafted in the 20-30 range. No way he goes into the second round. I think hes s teal in the 2nd round.

jrodmesche
02-25-2009, 11:14 PM
agreed not the next larry bird

montazingmvp
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
If he were black, he would probably be a top 3 pick. :rolleyes:

and maybe then he could jump too...:p

i think he's the second coming of a matt harpring. except with more of a post game and less of an outside game. not as good, but similar

Bulls_fan90
02-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Almost every chat i read on espn, someone asks about tyler Hansborough and say stupid things like this, Morgan (PA): Do you think Hansborough will be as dominant as a NBA player than he is as is college? will people understand he will not be any good in the NBA and will not be drafted in the first round or no where near it. i mean he is averaging 21 points 7 rebounds and .09 assists with .04 blocks a game on a good north carolina team. i mean he isnt even averaging a double double and his team mates are taking the pressure off of him. if he was good he would have came the last three years but didnt because he was never dominate and never will be. anyone who says he is the number one pick or even a first rounder is basketball challenged. the guy is a descent college player but is not great or will be good in the NBA at all.

the post for one of the chats where someone said that
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25198

I agree that his college game wont translate into the NBA BUT there is no way you can guarantee that he will struggle in the NBA. Never dominant?
2008 Wooden Award national player of the year
2008 Naismith Award national player of the year
2008 Associated Press national player of the year
2008 Sporting News national player of the year
2008 NABC national player of the year
2008 Sports Illustrated national player of the year
2008 ESPN.com national player of the year
2008 USBWA national player of the year
2008 Rupp Award national player of the year
2008 Basketball Times national player of the year
2008 First Team All American
2008 ACC Tournament MVP
2008 ACC Player of the Year
2008 First-Team All ACC
2008 ACC Male Athlete of the Year
2007 Second Team All-American
2007 First-Team All ACC
2006 Third Team All-American
2006 ACC Freshman of the Year
2006 First-Team All ACC
Also the all time leading scorer in UNC history
That seems like a pretty dominant college career. I also disagree and think he will go late first round to early second round. And guess who just got a late first round pick....thats right the bulls :D. Personally i think you're the one who is basketball challenged. He is a GREAT college player and you cant take that away from him. Whether or not that translates into the nba game is another matter.

shatty
02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Youre all crazzzzzzzzzzzy He will go top 15 4 sure! Some Gm will take him on his name and popularity.He will average around 12 13 a game give you energy off the bench.A lot like a kevin love not Mark madsen

Where's KG?
02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
He plays so hard though. Kevin Love type player IMO. Not a superstar, but definitely a 15-8 guy. I am a die hard Heels fan, but i still think he will be decent, not great

CUBSin08
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
brian cardinal

Jaji
02-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Hard-nosed, blue collar type. He'll work hard, dive for loose balls and get his nose bloodied up, but he'll never be a star in this league. If he gives a team 10 and 6 that sounds about right.

KG2TB
02-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I'd be down with the Bulls signing him with our 1st round pick from OKC if he's still available. It's going to be a late 1st because it's the worse pick between the nuggets and jazz I believe. He'll be a really solid role player that will always give 100% and do what you ask of him.

Lindystud36
02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Doesnt OKC have like a million picks, they will prob grab him because of the name to sell tickets and its not like a player like tyler would hurt a teams chemistry

op12
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
He plays so hard though. Kevin Love type player IMO. Not a superstar, but definitely a 15-8 guy. I am a die hard Heels fan, but i still think he will be decent, not great

agreed, i am a die hard heels fan too. it is just like the lakers and celtics haters, everyone hates the best. he will be a solid player and i think better than love. he has decent athletic ability and is developing a nice J. im tired of everybody talking bad about him. he is not the next bird but he will be better than decent and a good player in the nba.

lakers4sho
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
hansborough = white kwame brown

Kyle916
02-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Hansbrough - worse than Adam Morrison

KG2TB
02-26-2009, 02:48 AM
Hansbrough - worse than Adam Morrison

Get real. Hansborough will give you passion, heart, hustle, and some toughness off the bench. He can be a very effective role player. He has a nice mid-range game too from what I seen of him. I think down the road, a stat line of 12 and 6 is pretty reasonable. That's not bad for a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. He has all the intangibles to help a playoff team.

D Roses Bulls
02-26-2009, 03:18 AM
I agree that his college game wont translate into the NBA BUT there is no way you can guarantee that he will struggle in the NBA. Never dominant?
2008 Wooden Award national player of the year
2008 Naismith Award national player of the year
2008 Associated Press national player of the year
2008 Sporting News national player of the year
2008 NABC national player of the year
2008 Sports Illustrated national player of the year
2008 ESPN.com national player of the year
2008 USBWA national player of the year
2008 Rupp Award national player of the year
2008 Basketball Times national player of the year
2008 First Team All American
2008 ACC Tournament MVP
2008 ACC Player of the Year
2008 First-Team All ACC
2008 ACC Male Athlete of the Year
2007 Second Team All-American
2007 First-Team All ACC
2006 Third Team All-American
2006 ACC Freshman of the Year
2006 First-Team All ACC
Also the all time leading scorer in UNC history
That seems like a pretty dominant college career. I also disagree and think he will go late first round to early second round. And guess who just got a late first round pick....thats right the bulls :D. Personally i think you're the one who is basketball challenged. He is a GREAT college player and you cant take that away from him. Whether or not that translates into the nba game is another matter.

i dont care how many awards he has won. college awards are like the heisman in college football. if thats the case then danny wuerful and eric crouch should have been pro bowlers by now. if your saying he will be any good in the NAB then you must only watch college basketball

D Roses Bulls
02-26-2009, 03:21 AM
i dont understand some of you saying he will be a late first round pick. he put up better numbers last year and stayed in school cause he was projected to go last second round, his numbers have dropped this year. he will not go in the first round and i dont think the bulls are dumb enough to draft someone slow and not athletic.

wadecounty305
02-26-2009, 03:24 AM
I think he will be drafted by the celtics as a backup for garnett

cambovenzi
02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
i dont understand some of you saying he will be a late first round pick. he put up better numbers last year and stayed in school cause he was projected to go last second round, his numbers have dropped this year. he will not go in the first round and i dont think the bulls are dumb enough to draft someone slow and not athletic.

he is putting up 21 and 8 with a 52 FG% on a great UNC team that takes away some of his minutes and shots.
i also hear he is battling some kind of injury or ailment or something.
he is arguably the best player in the nation and is very well known throughout the media.
he has decent size and strength, as well as solid range for a forward.
someone grabbing him late 1st or earlier 2nd is not really a stretch of our imaginations, even if you feel it is a stretch on the draft board.

D Roses Bulls
02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
I think he will be drafted by the celtics as a backup for garnett

i think that would be the only possibility he has going in the first round, but i still think the celtics will draft someone better or find someone with more potential with the pick

D Roses Bulls
02-26-2009, 03:30 AM
he is putting up 21 and 8 with a 52 FG%.
he is arguably the best player in the nation and is very well known throughout the media.
he has decent size and strength, as well as solid range for a forward.
someone grabbing him late 1st or earlier 2nd is not really a stretch of our imaginations, even if you feel it is a stretch on the draft board.

exactly..... 6 9 and he is grabbing 8 boards in college. elton brand was 6 9 and put up a double double his whole career. when you are 6 9 in college and are the main player on your team and you cant average double digit in rebounds then theres something wrong with you and you know he will not average double digit in points in the nba so rebounds was what he mostly had and no one is talking about him being in the conversation as the best player in the nation in college anymore with blake griffin stephan curry and ect.....

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2009, 03:32 AM
who said hes good?
Mark my Words. he will be the nbas next mark madsen

cambovenzi
02-26-2009, 03:38 AM
exactly..... 6 9 and he is grabbing 8 boards in college. elton brand was 6 9 and put up a double double his whole career. when you are 6 9 in college and are the main player on your team and you cant average double digit in rebounds then theres something wrong with you and you know he will not average double digit in points in the nba so rebounds was what he mostly had and no one is talking about him being in the conversation as the best player in the nation in college anymore with blake griffin stephan curry and ect.....

1. his team is stacked. he gets less minutes and less looks.
2. he averaged 22/10 last year
3. no one is saying he will be elton brand.
4. you dont have to be a double double guy in the NBA in order to be a late 1st rounder or a good role player.

KG2TB
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
1. his team is stacked. he gets less minutes and less looks.
2. he averaged 22/10 last year
3. no one is saying he will be elton brand.
4. you dont have to be a double double guy in the NBA in order to be a late 1st rounder or a good role player.

Too true. He'll never be dominating, but he'll help out a team more than a lot of other players who will be drafted late 1st or early 2nd round.

DrDEADalready
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
too short and white. sorry if i offend anyone

You didn't offend me I'm Too tall and Black ;)

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
He'll be better than Mark Madsen...but he won't be Tom Chambers or Tom Gugliotta either.

He'll be a solid glue guy...kind of the hustling type rebounder, energy guy...Jerome Williams with a mid range jumper? Austin Croshere?

what54!?
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
He'll he a soild role player. Maybe 12-15 ppg, 5-8 rpg if starting in his prime?

nd4T.O.
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
He'll be better than Mark Madsen...but he won't be Tom Chambers or Tom Gugliotta either.

He'll be a solid glue guy...kind of the hustling type rebounder, energy guy...Jerome Williams with a mid range jumper? Austin Croshere?

i think that is the closest comparison so far

Frrrrank!!!
02-26-2009, 03:14 PM
He won't be anything special in the NBA, but I'll take his heart on my team.

rrude
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Matt Harpring comes to mind

Kyle916
02-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Get real. Hansborough will give you passion, heart, hustle, and some toughness off the bench. He can be a very effective role player. He has a nice mid-range game too from what I seen of him. I think down the road, a stat line of 12 and 6 is pretty reasonable. That's not bad for a late 1st or early 2nd rounder. He has all the intangibles to help a playoff team.

Defensively he will be outclassed, offensively he will be outclassed, athletically he will be outclassed, size-wise he is undersized, and basketball IQ-wise he doesn't compare.

He will give all he's got, but that can only carry you so far...

I see 8 and 6 as the most you will get from him...

Bulls_fan90
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
i dont care how many awards he has won. college awards are like the heisman in college football. if thats the case then danny wuerful and eric crouch should have been pro bowlers by now. if your saying he will be any good in the NAB then you must only watch college basketball

Did you read what i wrote? I never said he will be good in the NBA. I said the guy is one of the best college players of all time and he will be drafted late first early secound. If UNC go on to win the title this year (which i think they will) his draft stock will sky rocket. "the guy is a descent college player but is not great". How can you even say that?