PDA

View Full Version : The Celtics will destroy the Lakers and Cavs in the playoffs

Boston Faithful
02-25-2009, 04:29 PM
After the Marbury signing, I'm super confident we're going to kill both these teams in the playoffs.

First off, we beat both in the playoffs last year - the Lakers pretty handidly. The Lakers have not done much to change their team from last year, except the experience factor.

The Cavs did add Mo Williams, but at the same time - outside of LeBron have no real threat down the stretch.

We have the best starting five in the NBA - three perennial All-Stars and one guy that is a lock to be an All-Star next year or the year after. Outside of that we have a very solid center who will get you 8 and 8.

Our bench was the weak point. We lost PJ Brown and James Posey. But now? We just signed a former two-time All-Star point guard which will fill in nicely with the second unit. Once Tony Allen returns for the playoffs we're looking at:

PG Stephon Marbury
SG Eddie House
SF Tony Allen
PF Glen Davis
C Leon Powe

Along with the extras of Mikki Moore and Brian Scalabrine.

House and Powe were so pivotal in the playoffs last year and Allen can certainly fill in the defense for Posey. I don't know who is going to stop us - but we now have one of the best benches in the NBA once again.

Can you say, number 18?

Raidaz4Life
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
uh huh..... whatever you say

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Sure buddy.

kvrnm
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
be prepared for a barrage of hate from lakers fans

oval57sanch
02-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Idoit. Marbury is coming off the bench, Rando aint sitting. Marbury hasnt played over a year. Boston needs another ball handler, not a scorer. Some say Marbury will not be satisfied coming off the bench. Who knows.

torontosports10
02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
number 18

yes i can say number 18... if it was that was that easy to win a championship then Toronto would have won 6 by now.

It will be a battle to win. Just like for every team.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
I doubt Boston "kills'' through the competition. First work on getting first in the east there buddy..

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
C'mon! You have a Celtic thread on this forum, so you can post Celtic stuff there. This is just ridiculous.. expect this thread to be closed. Your just baiting other fans.

And ATL took them to 7 with a fairly young team, Cleveland took them to 7 without Mo. All I can say is don't be to hasty to dub your team the best. This years Boston team isn't as good as it was last year defensively, and they might have more firepower, but the loss of PJ/ Sam/ Posey can't be compensated with Moore and Starbury.

marvILLous
02-25-2009, 04:41 PM
lmaoooooo

_Sn1P3r_
02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
This will prolly lead to bait and should be moved otherwise.

Boston Faithful
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
be prepared for a barrage of hate from lakers fans

Who cares, the Lakers blow. Their easily the most hated dynasty of the past 50 years in basketball. Kobe is such a ***** first of all. He complains about everything.

Even if the Celtics don't get to the Finals, I just want to see Kobe get his *** kicked by LeBron or the Magic. Really. He deserves it. He's an alleged rapist, cries about every call that doesn't go his way and he's not a team player in the slightest. The only player he really gives respect to on that team is Pau Gasol, because he has to since he's an All-Star. The Lakers don't deserve crap.

The Celtics on the other team have the most chemistry in the NBA, centered around three all-stars EVENLY, who are equally sharing the spotlight, all the while grooming their protege and successor at the throne in Boston - Rajon Rondo. Kobe could never do that.

The Ooh Child
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Such selective memory this guy has. The Celtics went to 7 games in the first round last year. A repeat is certainly in reach, and the Marbury signing helps them out a lot, but the winning the NBA Championship isn't going to be easy for the Celtics. There are a lot of really nice contenders this year.

Lost Art
02-25-2009, 04:48 PM
So you think this because you added Marbury :confused:

:laugh:

Let's compare benches:

PG Stephon Marbury < Jordan Farmar
SG Eddie House = Sasha Vujacic
SF Tony Allen <<<<<< Trevor Ariza
PF Glen Davis <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Lamar Odom
C Leon Powe = Josh Powel

.......and I think that I might be being generous at the SG and C positions but the others are without question. IMO I'd be very nervous about adding Marbury if I were you, he could work out well or he could be a disaster. To me the fact that the Celtics are even willing to add someone like Marbury tells me that they have conceded that with their roster as currently constituted they can't beat the Lakers or the Cavs. If anything I'd see these recent signings as an admission that their roster is inadequate. Seems a bit desperate to me???

madiaz3
02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Who cares, the Lakers blow. Their easily the most hated dynasty of the past 50 years in basketball. Kobe is such a ***** first of all. He complains about everything.

Even if the Celtics don't get to the Finals, I just want to see Kobe get his *** kicked by LeBron or the Magic. Really. He deserves it. He's an alleged rapist, cries about every call that doesn't go his way and he's not a team player in the slightest. The only player he really gives respect to on that team is Pau Gasol, because he has to since he's an All-Star. The Lakers don't deserve crap.

The Celtics on the other team have the most chemistry in the NBA, centered around three all-stars EVENLY, who are equally sharing the spotlight, all the while grooming their protege and successor at the throne in Boston - Rajon Rondo. Kobe could never do that.

Joke post.

kvrnm
02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
lol at raptors fans in here hating on boston, i remeber when you guys thought the acquisition of JO was gonna get you a top 4 spot in the east.. and now your one of the worst teams in the L.

kamasutra
02-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Can't wait to have Marbury do to Celtics what he did to the Knicks. This is going to be GREAT !!! HA HA HA.

what54!?
02-25-2009, 04:51 PM
:laugh:

this thread is joke.

cclipper44
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
It's people like this that draw all the hatred from other team's fans. We aren't all like this guy, at least publicly. It's great to think some of this stuff, but to say this kind of stuff is rubbish. We have no clue how they are going to help this team yet, since they haven't played a game yet. It sounds good and fills team needs, but to say this is the reason we will win banner 18, and kill everyone else is just moronic. I'm as big a Celtics fan as anyone, but come on man... you currently have diarrhea of the mouth!!!

However, go Celtics. :D