PDA

View Full Version : Who should be in the 1st Team All-Nba for shooting guards?

fairandbalanced
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I understand that many of you guys love Kobe, but would it be right to deny Wade that spot when he leads all shooting guards in all statistical category except for rebounds? I mean If Kobe had done what Wade is doing, no onw will be arguing other wise. So I am asking for your unbiased assesment now.

Below are the contenders stats:

Dwayne Wade: 28.8 ppg, 5.0 Rpg, 7.3 assist, 1.41 blk/gm and 2.28stl/gm.

Kobe Bryant: 27.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.0 assist (with a better cast), .42blk/gm and 1.28stl/gm.

Joe Johnson: 21.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 6.0 assist/gm, .28blk/gm and 1.09 stl/gm.

Keep in Mind Wade had more Blocks and steals than the other 2 combined.

Now I will like to hear your argument on who deserves the spot. And those who want to use team record as excuse, Kobe was 1st team All-Nba when he did not even make the Play-Offs.

oshea225
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
statistically (which is how the all-nba teams work i believe) its wade

S.J.Basketball
02-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Kobe. I could care less what Wade is doing on a crap team.

Ethix11
02-25-2009, 03:19 PM

Yeah, if this was a team statistic..

S.J.Basketball
02-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Last time I checked individual stats meant nothing and team wins meant everything or else Kobe would've won MVP 3 years in a row at one point. So like I said....

fairandbalanced
02-25-2009, 03:23 PM

No one said that When Kobe was put on 1st all Nba team, when his "crappy" team didn't even make the play-offs.

NYK All the Way
02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
theres no way people are gonna deny kobe of that spot on a team thats 47-10 in a tougher conference

still1ballin
02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
k to the b 24

BigEric
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
There are enough Laker fans on PSD, I voted Wade. Not like I voted Joe Johnson, haha.

matt24316
02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
i think Brandon Roy is better then Joe Johnson, plus he's the most unselfish of the four so lets put Brandon Roy on 1st team or at least in the discussion. at least ahead of Joe Johnson because you cant deny Kobe or DWade.

best shooting guards in nba
K-bryant
D-wade
B-roy
T-mac
J-Johnson

Hawkeye15
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I would personally put Wade on it. he is having a better season. But, in Kobe's defense, he hasn't had to go Kobe on everyone all the time. But, Wade should be 1st team. However, Kobe could score 0 points the rest of the season, and he will still be on it. That and the 1st team all defense. Just as LeBron will win the MVP no matter what. Those teams are all a complete joke. They should let the players vote, and that is it

nd4T.O.
02-25-2009, 03:53 PM
i think Brandon Roy is better then Joe Johnson, plus he's the most unselfish of the four so lets put Brandon Roy on 1st team or at least in the discussion. at least ahead of Joe Johnson because you cant deny Kobe or DWade.

K-bryant
D-wade
B-roy
T-mac
J-Johnson

what are u smokin....u must b a houston fan

BranWingss
02-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Wade

madiaz3
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
The fact you have to put (with a better cast) next to Kobe's stats reeks of bias already.

wadecounty305
02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Wade is the best one out there.. Kobe is great too but wade is having a better season than kobe

b_rad23
02-25-2009, 04:01 PM
It's Wade by a mile. Unlike in the MVP race, people can't fall back on the whole "his team has a better record" BS. Wade's season has flat out dominated every other SG's.

ThisIsAbsurd
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Let's not forget that Kobe is the better defender, plays less minutes and is a better 3pt and free throw shooter. Also, he has to get atleast some credit for being the best player on the team with the best record in the tougher conference.

ULT WARRIOR408
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I VOTED FOR KOBE but you cant go wrong with him or wade

Rockets&Browns
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Forget team records and players on the teams, Dwayne Wade is the best player in NBA this year point blank!

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2009, 04:07 PM
theres no way people are gonna deny kobe of that spot on a team thats 47-10 in a tougher conference

Thats what im thinkn, Wade is a great all around player and its good to see him reflourish and come back to his old self. These are Two Great SG Who have both Won a NBA championship. This is KOBE'S spot for sure though there is no denying that but Wade is a Great player with a great future.

Lost Art
02-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Kobe is having a better season this year and he's a lock for the all-nba 1st team...........and no, Kobe didn't make all-nba 1st team while missing the playoffs. He was 3rd team that year despite putting up 28/6/6.

Get your facts straight before posting ;)

GREATNESS ONE
02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Kobe is having a better season this year and he's a lock for the all-nba 1st team...........and no, Kobe didn't make all-nba 1st team while missing the playoffs. He was 3rd team that year despite putting up 28/6/6.

Get your facts straight before posting ;)

Your right, didnt Wade make that team?

Unown99
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Kobe Bryant with out a doubt. He is having a great year as are the lakers too. Plus he is in the top 2 for the best Basketball player alive.

VCaintdead17
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Kobe, without a doubt, Wade can be on the second team.

Maybe Johnson on the third

Lost Art
02-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Statistics aren't everything, its the W's that count. Look at Zach Randolph, he's having a better statistical season than just about any other PF in the league..........think he'll get any love for the all-nba team? Or MVP? I'll take the lesser numbers from KG or Duncan any day of the week. The fact of the matter is that there is a big difference between putting up spectacular numbers on a lousy team and putting up spectacular numbers on a team that is dominating the league.

nd4T.O.
02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Kobe....now this thread is done

showtym24
02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I understand that many of you guys love Kobe, but would it be right to deny Wade that spot when he leads all shooting guards in all statistical category except for rebounds? I mean If Kobe had done what Wade is doing, no onw will be arguing other wise. So I am asking for your unbiased assesment now.

Kobe Bryant: 27.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.0 assist (with a better cast), .42blk/gm and 1.28stl/gm.

Now I will like to hear your argument on who deserves the spot. And those who want to use team record as excuse, Kobe was 1st team All-Nba when he did not even make the Play-Offs.

He actually wasnt that year. I believe he was 2nd or 3rd team the only year he missed the playoffs in 04-05. And he'll be 1st team this year.

blom85
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Kobe

JabberJaw
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
The MVP vote is clearly coming down to Kobe vs. Lebron. So, how would you justify putting Wade 1st team and Kobe 2nd? Wade is going to have better stats, because he dominates the ball more than Kobe. Plus Wade gets a lot of blocks/steals through gambling and he gets beat a lot. Kobe has other teammates that are great passers and they run the ball through the post/triangle a lot. I LOVE Wades game, but he is a 2nd teamer IMO, because you can't put him over Kobe...period. If there was a way to get both of them on 1st team, then great. But someone has to be a 2nd teamer. 1st team will be CP3-Kobe-LBJ-?-Dwight...no doubt.

JordansBulls
02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Thus far no one has answered this question correctly. The reason is because for the ALL NBA 1st team or Defensive team they are not selected by actual position. It is like the allstar game where 2 Guards, 2 Forwards and a Center is chosen no matter if both guards are SG's or PG's or if the the Forwards are both PF's or both SF's it doesn't matter.

So technically you have 3 guys fighting for the All NBA 1st team at guard in Kobe, WAde and CP3. At forward you have 3 guys as well with Duncan, Lebron, and Garnett

macc
02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Wade is the best one out there.. Kobe is great too but wade is having a better season than kobe

Wade is having a better season than Kobe? Where do you get this? Miami is barley over 500 and the Lakers have the best record in the tough western conferance. Last I checked wins mean more than stats. Yes Wade might have a couple stats that are slightly higher than Kobes this year but than again if you're not making your team better and aren't winning basketball games than how good are you?

I use Anthony Randalph as a perfect example. I'll watch a Clippers game and when they are gonna lose which is most of the time (sorry clips fans) they'll sub in Randalph, he won't look to pass or anything, he'll just force up shots trying to get his averages in. Then they'll sit him. He's not making his team better and they aren't winning games. That's the difference.

I'm a Magic fan so my opinion isn't bias.

ATX
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM

First of all, that is just not true. Heat are 30-26, in the fifth seed right behind the Hawks for the 4th spot. That is certainly not a "Crap" team.
Second, Kobe already has every accolade in the sport. If someone such as Wade put's up better numbers all season long doesn't he deserve to be a 1st teamer...Or does Kobe get it just because he's Kobe. It's as if Kobe was just entitled to be number one across the board all the time just because his name is Kobe...

sixer04fan
02-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Doesn't the NBA just select 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center per team?

If I'm right, the first team will have 2 of the following: Kobe, Wade, Paul... One of these 3 will get left off the team. I love Joe Johnson but I don't think he should even be in the conversation.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I think Kobe will, but Wade should.

The Anomoly
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
As a laker fan I'll admit D-wade is havin a better season statistically, however I'd be shocked if they didn't give it to Kobe esp. if the lakers win homecourt throughout.

JabberJaw
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
The BEST PLAYER on the team with BEST RECORD in the league...that means something. Though the East has gotten better, it's still not on par with the West. Right now, the best two players in the world are Lebron and Kobe....you really think anyone is going to keep those two guys off the first team all-nba? I guess we all can dream though.

younggunn113
02-25-2009, 04:36 PM

How can you ask for unbiased opinions when your question is filled with it? Kobe is first team all NBA, his stats and record give him the nod. Also look at the game head to head. I understand wade and the heat won once, but in the other one Wade was literally locked down by KB (another reason he'll be first team all defense). Like it was said earlier, you dont need a PG, SG, SF, PF, C to make first team it can be any combination of guards and forwards. The assists are higher too because the triangle offense doesnt run through one player like wade and lbj. On any given night fisher, kobe, odom, and even pau can lead the team in assists. You also have to take the conference into play, Kobe is playing better competition night in and night out.

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Heat fans make me laugh.

I go with Kobe. No question about it.

Heater4life
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
You know what else makes me laugh?

Knicks basketball.

Lost Art
02-25-2009, 04:59 PM
First of all, that is just not true. Heat are 30-26, in the fifth seed right behind the Hawks for the 4th spot. That is certainly not a "Crap" team.
Second, Kobe already has every accolade in the sport. If someone such as Wade put's up better numbers all season long doesn't he deserve to be a 1st teamer...Or does Kobe get it just because he's Kobe. It's as if Kobe was just entitled to be number one across the board all the time just because his name is Kobe...

If Kobe wanted to go "Rogue" and have the ball in his hands 90% of the time and put on a one man show..............believe me, he could put up 35-40 ppg with ease. But he's not doing that because A) that's not how the triangle works, no player dominates the possession of the basketball and everyone is involved in play making (the Heat have only 2 players that average 2.4 assists or greater while the Lakers have 5) B) he's got a nice supporting cast now and he's making good use of them and winning basketball games.

I swear, he's in a lose-lose situation with some of you fans. When he was putting up "Other Worldly" numbers you criticized him for taking too many shots and not getting his teammates involved...........and now that he incorporates his teammates in the game you think that he's not playing as well because he's not putting up the same kind of numbers. :pity:

nd4T.O.
02-25-2009, 05:00 PM
pathetic thats all he could come back with...my friend look at your first game of the year Knicks beat heat haha...laugh now

what54!?
02-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Thus far no one has answered this question correctly. The reason is because for the ALL NBA 1st team or Defensive team they are not selected by actual position. It is like the allstar game where 2 Guards, 2 Forwards and a Center is chosen no matter if both guards are SG's or PG's or if the the Forwards are both PF's or both SF's it doesn't matter.

So technically you have 3 guys fighting for the All NBA 1st team at guard in Kobe, WAde and CP3. At forward you have 3 guys as well with Duncan, Lebron, and Garnett
well if thats the case it should be wade and kobe. CP3 has been having a great year but wade and kobe's have just been better

ddaughtry
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
While there is a compelling argument for Wade, Kobe should be one of the guards selected to the 1st team, All-NBA. He is simply a better player than Wade on both sides of the ball. Kobe is the only superstar in the league who wants to guard the other team's best perimeter player night in and night out and like a handful of players in the league (including Wade) that is unguardable. As was mentioned by many others, if it was about stats, people like Zach Randolph, Al Jefferson, and Kevin Durant would get consideration. They don't because of their team's records. There isn't an award in the league that punishes a player for being on a good team and Kobe shouldn't be an exception.

ATX
02-25-2009, 05:14 PM
If Kobe wanted to go "Rogue" and have the ball in his hands 90% of the time and put on a one man show..............believe me, he could put up 35-40 ppg with ease. But he's not doing that because A) that's not how the triangle works, no player dominates the possession of the basketball and everyone is involved in play making (the Heat have only 2 players that average 2.4 assists or greater while the Lakers have 5) B) he's got a nice supporting cast now and he's making good use of them and winning basketball games.

I swear, he's in a lose-lose situation with some of you fans. When he was putting up "Other Worldly" numbers you criticized him for taking too many shots and not getting his teammates involved...........and now that he incorporates his teammates in the game you think that he's not playing as well because he's not putting up the same kind of numbers. :pity:

No doubt, I know Kobe could get near 40 a night if he wanted to, but so could Wade. The Lakers are obviously a better team, but put Kobe on the Heat...Does he make the Heat so much better than where they are now?...I think it's a fair assesment to say no. I'm just saying why can't Wade get some respect? Why can't Wade be a first teamer? Don't get me wrong, Kobe is a beast...I just think it's more than fair to speculate that Wade dererves to be a first teamer with what he's been doing this year.

chicagowhitesox
02-25-2009, 05:15 PM
kobe is the superior player, but i really think wade is having a better season.

sp1derm00
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I voted for Kobe not because I am a Laker fan, but because I honestly feel like statistics aside, Kobe is a better player than Wade is.

Kobe can put up monster numbers any time he wants to, this year, for the most part, he chooses to take over only in the 4th. In the 4th, when everything is on the line, when the game matters most... Kobe has been there to consistently be our finisher. Being the best finisher in the league indicates one thing to me: he is the best player in the league. Why? When the game is going to be decided with the outcome of a quarter, no one plays like Kobe plays when it matters the most. If he played like he does in the 4th in every other quarter, Kobe's stats would skyrocket. Instead, he's been trusting his team to do more and more... that's why he hasn't been the statistical beast he's been in the past. It doesn't mean Wade is better simply because Wade has to do more.

Lost Art
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
No doubt, I know Kobe could get near 40 a night if he wanted to, but so could Wade. The Lakers are obviously a better team, but put Kobe on the Heat...Does he make the Heat so much better than where they are now?...I think it's a fair assesment to say no. I'm just saying why can't Wade get some respect? Why can't Wade be a first teamer? Don't get me wrong, Kobe is a beast...I just think it's more than fair to speculate that Wade dererves to be a first teamer with what he's been doing this year.

Yes, they both deserve to be 1st teamers.............I'm just saying that the way that the Lakers have been dominating this season gives Kobe the nod over Wade IMO. And as JB pointed out, there are 2 guard spots on the first team and I have no doubt that those two guys will be penciled into those spots at years end.

showtym24
02-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Well he's a lock for 1st team. Wade's having a great year but on a below average team. You cant punish kobe for playing on the best team.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-25-2009, 05:22 PM

Wade could be a first teamer, if Kobe wasn't around. Until then you just have to wait.

what54!?
02-25-2009, 05:22 PM
It goes like this. If it goes striaght by stats wade deserves to be there. IF its just by the W's kobe does. I personally think they both deserve and will be on there. Kobe is the better player but wade is having just a good a season indivdually as kobe, if not better.

showtym24
02-25-2009, 05:24 PM
They'll both be on the 1st team most likely

macc
02-25-2009, 05:24 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure Dwade has plenty of all 1st team appearances coming up in his future. Right now he's in a time where Kobe is at/near his prime. When Dwade is 28-32 years old and is making the 1st team, people will be putting up the same argument against him with whatever up and coming all stars that are in the league.

Kobe was in Jordans shadow the first part of his career. When Jordan stepped aside Kobe took over. Soon it will be strictly Lebron/Dwades league.

LA412
02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Why is this even a thread........this is just once again another Kobe hater vs Laker fans thread

ATX
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Well he's a lock for 1st team. Wade's having a great year but on a below average team. You cant punish kobe for playing on the best team.

huh? Since when does a winning record equal a below average team?

I'm all for Kobe being a first teamer, I'm just saying Wade has earned it too.

sp1derm00
02-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Kobe took the Lakers to the playoffs in the West at its peak with Smush, Kwame, and Luke as starters. The 2nd best player on our team at the time was Odom.

Wade on the other hand had a perennial all-star in Marion, plus one of the best rookie prospects in the league. On top of that, Wade actually has JO now... and while JO isn't who he used to be, he was the much cried for "savior" that Laker fans wanted to trade LO + Bynum for in the offseason before we got Pau.

So yes, if Kobe had a similar record when the West was packed full of good teams with SMUSH, KWAME, and LUKE as starters, I would contest that Kobe would indeed make the Heat a better team in the place of Wade.

drama1386
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
i'm gonna have to go with wade. kobe is great, there's no denying that, but i think wade is having a better season.

what54!?
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Kobe took the Lakers to the playoffs in the West at its peak with Smush, Kwame, and Luke as starters. The 2nd best player on our team at the time was Odom.

Wade on the other hand had a perennial all-star in Marion, plus one of the best rookie prospects in the league. On top of that, Wade actually has JO now... and while JO isn't who he used to be, he was the much cried for "savior" that Laker fans wanted to trade LO + Bynum for in the offseason before we got Pau.

So yes, if Kobe had a similar record when the West was packed full of good teams with SMUSH, KWAME, and LUKE as starters, I would contest that Kobe would indeed make the Heat a better team in the place of Wade.whoa I see many things wrong with that statemant. Wade took the heat to 2nd round of the playoffs as rookie with a second year caron bulter, and brian gran and the same lamar odom.

2.The lakers lost in the first round every year with that line-up.

3. Your speking of the lakers a couple of seasons ago and the Heat of this season

4. Marion is a system player. The suns and steve nash made him look better than he actually is and J.O. is not the same player he was who we just traded for four games ago

wadecounty305
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Wade is having a better season than Kobe? Where do you get this? Miami is barley over 500 and the Lakers have the best record in the tough western conferance. Last I checked wins mean more than stats. Yes Wade might have a couple stats that are slightly higher than Kobes this year but than again if you're not making your team better and aren't winning basketball games than how good are you?

I use Anthony Randalph as a perfect example. I'll watch a Clippers game and when they are gonna lose which is most of the time (sorry clips fans) they'll sub in Randalph, he won't look to pass or anything, he'll just force up shots trying to get his averages in. Then they'll sit him. He's not making his team better and they aren't winning games. That's the difference.

I'm a Magic fan so my opinion isn't bias.

check out the statistics and wade is way better than kobe, look at the lakers roster they have a better supporting team for kobe and an allstar in pau gasol.. miami was the worst team last year and now were going to the playoffs thanks to mvp dwayne wade.. making the allnba team consists on having the better statistics at your position not that ur team is the eam withj the best record.. as i said kobe is great but wade is playing bvetter than him right now

wadecounty305
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
i also think they both gonna be there.. along with lebron, durant and howard.. imo

Fireworld
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
easy.

macc
02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
check out the statistics and wade is way better than kobe, look at the lakers roster they have a better supporting team for kobe and an allstar in pau gasol.. miami was the worst team last year and now were going to the playoffs thanks to mvp dwayne wade.. making the allnba team consists on having the better statistics at your position not that ur team is the eam withj the best record.. as i said kobe is great but wade is playing bvetter than him right now

I can see you're one of those fans that grades a player strictly on their stats. I just can't see your side of the argument. You have the Heat who are barley above 500 and you're talking about Kobe's Lakers who have the best record in the NBA. If you don't think the record has anything to do with who makes the 1st team then you haven't been watching basketball very long my friend.

I do agree, Miami was the worst team last year, and that's with a Dwade and Marion on the team. Is he really making his team better? If you watch a Laker game you'll see the swagger they have, Kobe makes his team better without a doubt, now watch a Miami game, they're just trying to figure out how they can pull out a win and in the meantime Dwade is taking 23-30 shots. So we'll just agree to disagree here. All 1st team isn't all about individual stats.

But I'm sorry you can't take two players who talent wise are really close, one being on the team with the best record in the nba and the other on an average team and tell me the guy on the average team is more deserving of the spot than the other one. To me thats not even an argument, that just sounds dumb when you think about it.

b_rad23
02-25-2009, 06:32 PM
I can see you're one of those fans that grades a player strictly on their stats. I just can't see your side of the argument. You have the Heat who are barley above 500 and you're talking about Kobe's Lakers who have the best record in the NBA. If you don't think the record has anything to do with who makes the 1st team then you haven't been watching basketball very long my friend.

I do agree, Miami was the worst team last year, and that's with a Dwade and Marion on the team. Is he really making his team better? If you watch a Laker game you'll see the swagger they have, Kobe makes his team better without a doubt, now watch a Miami game, they're just trying to figure out how they can pull out a win and in the meantime Dwade is taking 23-30 shots. So we'll just agree to disagree here. All 1st team isn't all about individual stats.

But I'm sorry you can't take two players who talent wise are really close, one being on the team with the best record in the nba and the other on an average team and tell me the guy on the average team is more deserving of the spot than the other one. To me thats not even an argument, that just sounds dumb when you think about it.

You're looking at it wrong. Wade has been the better player this year. The statistics are just a way to show that. Every single aspect of the game except rebounds(barely), ft% and 3pt% is owned by Wade. Points, assists, steals, blocks, fg%- you name it. Wade has been the far better player this year and regardless of which has more talent or who has the better team All-NBA is about who were the best players THIS YEAR. Wade has clearly been the best 2 guard this year. It's not about what so and so could do it's about what they actually do. Wade has produced far more.

The stats show us that Wade has been more efficient shooting the ball overall, he has scored more, he has set his teammates up more and he has forced far more turnovers. He just has been the better player this year.

J$mo0th_3o5
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Both... Statistically-Wade, Wins-Kobe They'll both make it. Btw you spelled Dwyane wrong.

jrodmesche
02-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I think they both deserve to be but i voted wade, but i think they sould put wade at pg and kobe at sg

FaceDown91
02-25-2009, 07:01 PM
i voted for joe johnson :D

KB24PG16
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
kobe

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
i voted for joe johnson :D

Lol, FTW!

I was feeling bad for him, seemed kinda lonely with no votes. :p

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
You know what else makes me laugh?

Knicks basketball.

Ouch...burn. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Wade is having a better season individually. Miami is on pace to win around 44 games, which is a 29 game improvement, and he has better numbers in almost all categories. But, Kobe will finish 2nd in MVP voting probably, so he will make 1st team. It doesn't really matter. The awards are jokes. They have been for a while. At this point, I think Wade is a slightly better player than Kobe. But that is my opinion.

da wood
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
whoa I see many things wrong with that statemant. Wade took the heat to 2nd round of the playoffs as rookie with a second year caron bulter, and brian gran and the same lamar odom.

2.The lakers lost in the first round every year with that line-up.

3. Your speking of the lakers a couple of seasons ago and the Heat of this season

4. Marion is a system player. The suns and steve nash made him look better than he actually is and J.O. is not the same player he was who we just traded for four games ago

come on get it right wade didn't take that team to the second round that was caron butler, and the odom show wade helped too don't get me wrong but he definately didn't take that team to the second round. plus you can't compare the two. because that same team that made it to the second round in the east wouldn't have even made the playoffs that year in the west. so some words of wisedom stop making yourself look dumb

b_rad23
02-25-2009, 08:15 PM
come on get it right wade didn't take that team to the second round that was caron butler, and the odom show wade helped too don't get me wrong but he definately didn't take that team to the second round. plus you can't compare the two. because that same team that made it to the second round in the east wouldn't have even made the playoffs that year in the west. so some words of wisedom stop making yourself look dumb

It was definitely Wade. He was a rookie and still the leader and the best player. He took the last shots and was the go-to-guy. It wasn't even close either. Some words of wisdom: stop making yourself look so dumb. Wade was averaging around 18 and 6 assists that postseason and Caron averaged around 13 points and 8 rebounds. That's a pretty big gap. Odom was closer but still Wade ran the team and had the ball in his hands most of the game. Easily the leader and most important player.

The only valid point you had was that they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in the west.

As for the discussion: someone has to argue that Kobe has had a better year. The arguement about the past is irrelevant. Supporting casts are irrelevant too. Wade has been the better player this year.

lorenz00
02-25-2009, 08:20 PM
kobe bryant no dough man.... he is the mvp for me reason being is west is a tougher conference and he just that good... as for wade i wont say hands down kobe bryant is better its close its like kobe win 51% and wade 49%

SwaggaIke
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Kobe stans can't live w/o Kobe getting every accolade.

Chronz
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
This years team should be CP3, WADE, Kobe, Bron, Duncan

No one said that When Kobe was put on 1st all Nba team, when his "crappy" team didn't even make the play-offs.

Yes they did

Chronz
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Statistics aren't everything, its the W's that count. Look at Zach Randolph, he's having a better statistical season than just about any other PF in the league..........think he'll get any love for the all-nba team? Or MVP? I'll take the lesser numbers from KG or Duncan any day of the week. The fact of the matter is that there is a big difference between putting up spectacular numbers on a lousy team and putting up spectacular numbers on a team that is dominating the league.

Ummm no hes not, both KG and Duncan are putting up better numbers. Yet another example of someone saying stats arent everything and following it up by showing their inability to interpret stats.

Chronz
02-25-2009, 09:10 PM
For those of you saying All-NBA isnt about stats then what do you guys make of Wilt making 1st team in the years Russell was winning MVP's? Im not saying I agree in either direction, I always thought it was a combination of alot of things, but the question remains.

SwaggaIke
02-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Ummm no hes not, both KG and Duncan are putting up better numbers. Yet another example of someone saying stats arent everything and following it up by showing their inability to interpret stats.

Damn you Chronz.....(pumps fist in anger). LOL.

ATX
02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
It was definitely Wade. He was a rookie and still the leader and the best player. He took the last shots and was the go-to-guy. It wasn't even close either. Some words of wisdom: stop making yourself look so dumb. Wade was averaging around 18 and 6 assists that postseason and Caron averaged around 13 points and 8 rebounds. That's a pretty big gap. Odom was closer but still Wade ran the team and had the ball in his hands most of the game. Easily the leader and most important player.

The only valid point you had was that they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in the west.

As for the discussion: someone has to argue that Kobe has had a better year. The arguement about the past is irrelevant. Supporting casts are irrelevant too. Wade has been the better player this year.

Thank you!!

:clap:

Wade was increadible in his first post season.

dre1990
02-25-2009, 09:23 PM
They could both make it

agnine
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
those teams are like the all-star teams, 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center. It will probably be:
Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Howard

Hornets underachieving will probably send Chris Paul to 2nd Team.

sp1derm00
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
CP3 or Wade in the 2nd team would be a shame, but it can't be helped. Kobe's gonna be 1st team!

G-Funk
02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
the best thing Kobe is doing is shooting less, and now u want to knock him for that?

Hawkeye15
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
the best thing Kobe is doing is shooting less, and now u want to knock him for that?

nah, but the point is, 1st team NBA is all about personal accomplishment, so Wade should go before him. He is having a better individual season. Now, when Kobe goes home at night, he is happier, he knows his team is better, and he will be playing deep into the playoffs. But it doesn't change the fact that Wade is having a better season.

Lakerfrk
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM

Kobe was on the 3rd team that year......

laboy09
02-26-2009, 09:13 PM

How do you figure wade is having a better season than Kobe. Is Wade leading his heat to a playoff spot? conference title? Champ Title? I dont think so. Wade is good but better than Kobe season I dont think so.

skinsfan4life80
02-26-2009, 09:19 PM
This is almost to funny to even read. Wade is having a better season..yea right. Kobes team has 10 losses. All your stats are missing one thing defense and i dont mean blocks. and that one small thing know as wins...last i checked thats the reason you play. do you really think kobe couldnt avg 30 points a game if he was intrested in having the record Wade has? And dont be surprised if he ends up scoring more then Wade.

theLgndKllr35
02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Wade can take over a game, but Kobe can take over a series.

GodsSon
02-26-2009, 09:38 PM
how is this even a thread? Kobe is the best player in the NBA, with the best team in the league...there's no doubting his rightful place as a 1st teamer.

BUCSFORLIFE123
02-26-2009, 09:43 PM
the all NBA doesnt go by positions its 2 Gs 2 Fs ad 1 C
chris paul and kobe, duncan, lebron, dwight

durtee
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
how is this even a thread? Kobe is the best player in the NBA, with the best team in the league...there's no doubting his rightful place as a 1st teamer.

+1 :hi5:

BaySportsOnly
02-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Kobe all day. I hate the Lakers, but the man is the best player in the NBA. Second is Lebron, third is D-Wade. How can you not have the best player in the league on the 1st team? If Kobe were on the Heat, he would have to shoot more, so he would be leading the league in scoring. Also, the whole steals and blocks per game thing is deceiving. Kobe is definitely a better defender than D-Wade.

JaysFan87
02-26-2009, 09:59 PM

K-bryant
D-wade
B-roy
T-mac
J-Johnson

:puke:

SwaggaIke
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Wade can take over a game, but Kobe can take over a series.

I guess you missed the entire 05-06 playoffs.

Bring The Heat
02-27-2009, 01:07 AM
^^ LOL at the guy who said that... i guess he doesnt know who was ranked with the #1 finals performance

oshea225
02-27-2009, 01:24 AM
statistically wade's better, and all-nba teams are based on individual stats, not team records or anything. therefore, its wade.

cambovenzi
02-27-2009, 01:28 AM
statistics can be so skewed in basketball.
there is no way the perceived best player in basketball(or 2nd if you like lebronald) isnt on the all-nba 1st team.

btw, wade has no range compared to kobe.

danbola
02-27-2009, 02:15 AM
I guess you missed the entire 05-06 playoffs.

He also missed last years finals.

tbron
02-27-2009, 02:21 AM
wade is the best 2 guard and i don't want to hear that team bs. if put wade on the lakers they'd be just as good or better. one thing is for sure wade wouldn't let his team blow 24 point lead at home in the finals.

thesparky33
02-27-2009, 02:47 AM
All-NBA First Team (So far):

C: Tim Duncan
F: Kevin Garnett
F: LeBron James
G: Kobe Bryant
G: Dwyane Wade

I have a feeling that they might put Duncan as a center, but if not, I'd expect Dwight to take the center spot, and Duncan would then take Garnett's Forward spot, and KG would then be on the 2nd team probably IMO.

EX-TREME
02-27-2009, 06:42 AM
kobe