PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant: Restricted FA in 2010

thedfactor
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
What will happen? Will Durant stay?

What other teams will offer deals the Thunder cannot match?

This is very interesting even though KD mentioned he wants to be in OKC for a long time...

His drastic improvement this season has his stock rising high, only see him getting better, leading to more teams wanting his service.

lovingTO
02-25-2009, 02:58 PM
OKC can match any offer and will never let this guy go. He will get a max contract and be there for a long while. This is a pointless conversation.

Cromedome
02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Yay! Kevin Durant is going to be a Knick in 2010... I can't wait. We'll have Lebron , Bosh and Durant together .

All we need is a little bit of luck...like the Ny lotto.

S.J.Basketball
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I would get the hell out of dodge. I mean honestly? Oklahoma? BORRRRIINNGG!! I had a friend move there and in 3 months he came back because he said it was mind numbingly boring.

Besides that the OKC THUNDER are the worst team in the league. Don't waste away there Durant cuz soon people will start blaming you for not leading a crappy team to the playoffs and then past the 1st round and then not to a championship and so on. Get out for the sake of your career Durant! RUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

dgreat5000
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
By the Russel Westbrook will be a much better player and they'll most likely have another ecent player in the startin 5...he's goin to stay

dgreat5000
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I would get the hell out of dodge. I mean honestly? Oklahoma? BORRRRIINNGG!! I had a friend move there and in 3 months he came back because he said it was mind numbingly boring.

Besides that the OKC THUNDER are the worst team in the league. Don't waste away there Durant cuz soon people will start blaming you for not leading a crappy team to the playoffs and then past the 1st round and then not to a championship and so on. Get out for the sake of your career Durant! RUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

the celtics were once the worst team in the league...thats not really sayin much

NYKnickFanatic
02-25-2009, 03:14 PM
I think the Thunder will be good enough to compete by then.
They have a lot of young talent.

I think KD will stay.

ttam68
02-25-2009, 03:16 PM
He won't have a choice. OKC will match a max contract.

S.J.Basketball
02-25-2009, 03:16 PM
the celtics were once the worst team in the league...thats not really sayin much

Yea until Mchale handed his old team Garnett. Gimmie a break.

DitchDat
02-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Durant is the cornerstone of that franchise, they will do everything to keep him. Also, they got a young team that's only going to get better. Plus, they got all the draft picks.

ULT WARRIOR408
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
i have not had a chance too see what everyone else thinks but i say that he's gonna stay in okc he's the all they've got & he's the the reason they sell tickets

_Sn1P3r_
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I think he'll be staying put in OKC. I'd love for him to come to Toronto, but he's staying.

GunFactor187
02-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I say the Blazers would try to match, but in the end he'll stay in OKC.

Giaps
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Knicks will sign Lebron, Wade, Durant, Bosh, Stoudemire, Nowitzki, Johnson, Chandler, Nash in 2010.

Other 6 spots will be for Nate, Lee, Chandler, Gallo, 09 pick and bringing back Jerome James.

what54!?
02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
either the thunder will give him an extentsion or the thunder will match any offer. No way are the thunder letting the cornerstone of their franchise leave

Pierzynski4Prez
02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Knicks will sign Lebron, Wade, Durant, Bosh, Stoudemire, Nowitzki, Johnson, Chandler, Nash in 2010.

Other 6 spots will be for Nate, Lee, Chandler, Gallo, 09 pick and bringing back Jerome James.

I like your hope. By then all those guys will be so desperate to win a title, they will all sign multi year contracts with average salaries of 2 million each. You can then blow your load on Jerome James, assuming the Bulls don't offer him max salary to keep him

JordansBulls
02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
What will happen? Will Durant stay?

What other teams will offer deals the Thunder cannot match?

This is very interesting even though KD mentioned he wants to be in OKC for a long time...

His drastic improvement this season has his stock rising high, only see him getting better, leading to more teams wanting his service.

Well if I were the Bulls I would be puruing Durant in 2010 over Wade or Amare or even Bosh.

A Rose/Durant duo for 10+ years would be awesome.

Lakers09
02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
hes gone

Burkey3472
02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
There is no chance OKC doesnt match any offer, he'll be there for a very long time

Rique
02-25-2009, 07:02 PM
He has a team option obviously they are going to use it

Kevin Durant

$4,484,040

$4,796,880

$6,053,662

$7,900,029

$0

then they can offer him the qualifying offer the next year or extend him like the Nuggets did Melo

Punkindrublic03
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
he is out of OKC. why is everyone assuming they will match any offer? I don't know if I'm so sure about that.

Rique
02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
he is out of OKC. why is everyone assuming they will match any offer? I don't know if I'm so sure about that.

them signing Krstic shows they're willing to spend money they also tried to trade for Chandler who has a big contract

Mikeleafs
02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
The Raps should trade Bosh for KD straight up!

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-25-2009, 07:36 PM
he already said he wants to resign with okc, which i find stupid, but he said he plans on playing his whole career there

IversonIsKrazy
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
well they got KD, solid point guard thas young in Russel Westbrooke. Hes avging 13ppg, and 4apg. he could be aving 15ppg & 5apg next year. And maybe the hometown Griffin will join OKC w/ the draft this year. A young core in Griffin/KD/WEstbrooke is pretty good. and no other team is going to be able to compete with Thunder's $$$.

Mane
02-25-2009, 07:55 PM
If the Thunders young talent is panned out by then, he'll stay.

If they're sucking bawls, he'll leave.

Cromedome
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM

2010 is gonna be the best season ever for us.

Hopefully we sign Shaq to come off the bench so that Bosh will have fresh legs in the 4th. By 2010 , Jerome James should be well rested and provide us with the inside presence and leadership skills/role model for the young guys like Kevin , Lebron and Wade.

Kevin Durant will be a great fit for the Knicks and the chemistry between Durant and Jerome James is gonna be fun to watch. I can't wait for them to sign Durant and Nowitzki ...and Roger Mason Jr.

DrDEADalready
02-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't mind having him in a Jazz uniform :D

hotdogbun
02-28-2009, 11:04 AM
OKC can match any offer and will never let this guy go. He will get a max contract and be there for a long while. This is a pointless conversation.

thats what they said about shaq

JJ81
02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
He'll stay.

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
He'll stay no doubt about it. Question is, can they also keep the rest of their young talent as well?

Hustla23
02-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I can't believe Oklahoma City has a basketball team over other much larger cities that actually have some sense of vitality to them.

Durant needs to get out of there.

Missing56&33
02-28-2009, 02:41 PM

I tend to agree with you on the boring town statement but they have a very supportive fan base for the team. The crowd is loud and its like a college atmosphere. I was really impressed with Oklahomans with the way they supported NO hornets when the hurricane hit and they had to move there. I think thats very important to a player, that the crowd is enthusiastic about their home team.

Ansy
02-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm sure he'll stay. The kind of money he would give up by taking the qualifying offer instead of extending would be too large. As far as I know, no max player has ever chosen to do that. And obviously if he tries to sign with someone else the Thunder will match.

The question I have is whether he'll sign a 6-year deal or a shorter extension like LeBron and Bosh did to give himself options a few years down the road..

radcli17
02-28-2009, 03:50 PM
hes the face of the franchise, he'll get close to a max deal

More shats!
02-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I could see Durant signing with the Raps when he has the chance or one day.Why? his favorite player was Vince Carter when he was with the Raps so i could se KD wanting to be with his favorite team when he was a kid.

mrblisterdundee
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Durant is going to stay with the Thunder. They have a very solid core in him, Jeff Green, and Russel Westbrook. There is no reason to mess up something that obviously works. The Thunder might have a terrible record, but look at how they've played later this season. Next season they will be a lot better.