PDA

View Full Version : Marbury to Boston looks to be official

m26555
02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but here:

After several months of being embroiled in a soap opera, the Knicks worked out a buyout of Marbury’s $21 million contract today. Two NBA sources said that once the two-time All-Star clears waivers — which is expected to be Friday morning — he will sign with the Celtics for a prorated $1.3 million minimum contract for the rest of the season. The Celtics also filled their need for a veteran big man by signing Moore for the rest of the season to undisclosed financial terms. ‘‘I’m blessed to be able to move on with my career,’’ said Marbury via e-mail. ‘‘I’m excited about the new beginning.’’

Source: Hoopshype

I have a feeling Marbury is going to thrive over there, especially seeing that he will be playing for a ring and his next contract. The man has a lot to prove.

Super.
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
:dance:

Patsfreak1776
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Cue the crying and pissing and moaning from the rest of the league now!

Living Legend
02-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Lol Marbury isn't enough.

The Lakers are still #1

m26555
02-25-2009, 01:21 PM

The Lakers are still #1
Based on what? The fact that they got obliterated by the Celtics in the Finals last season? lol...

Super.
02-25-2009, 01:21 PM

The Lakers are still #1

Marbury + Moore (meh) + more experianced bench + rested KG

Living Legend
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I would be excited too if the Lakers just picked up Marbury.

I just really believe this is the Lakers' year.

They look dominant every night.

They don't need any1 else.

IndyRealist
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
This helps the Celtics as long as Marbury doesn't destroy the team. Rondo's playing out of his mind though, so I don't see Stephon getting a lot of court time. Basically he's to make sure the second unit can score.

We'll see if it's enough to beat the Cavs and Lakers, soon enough.

Missing56&33
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
All i can say is that I hope Steph has learned a valuable lesson from his experience with the knicks. He will have an opportunity to redeem himself as being a big time player coming off the bench for rondo. He might even get a ring. :pity:

69centers
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM

It's about being dominant in the playoffs, not the regular season.

The way I see it, the Lakers may not even come out of the west because of the Spurs.

Marbury is a no lose situation for the C's. He either acts appropriately and gets some playing time off the bench, to hopefully give the 2nd unit some scoring, or he gets benched or cut. It's simple. He has to behave and play well if wants anything more than the vet's minimum next season.

Kobe4Life
02-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Mikki Moore is old and wont help boston at all. Marbury will ruin the chemistry if anything. Boston is made up of no chemistry a bunch of stars piled on one team, setting yourself up for failure.

Lakers 2009 NBA Champs - Boston Loses in 1st Round

Living Legend
02-25-2009, 01:42 PM

The way I see it, the Lakers may not even come out of the west because of the Spurs.

Marbury is a no lose situation for the C's. He either acts appropriately and gets some playing time off the bench, to hopefully give the 2nd unit some scoring, or he gets benched or cut. It's simple. He has to behave and play well if wants anything more than the vet's minimum next season.

Haha.

The Celtics got taken to 7 games by Atlanta and somebody else last year - Detroit?

The C's are going to have a tougher time getting to the finals then the Lakers will.

San Antonio is not that good anymore and I noticed that they resort to dirty, physical play to make up for it.

Thats not going to work.

Let me give you a piece of advice:

Don't worry your little head about the Lakers. They will be just fine with their homecourt advantage all the way through the playoffs.

Celtics fans should be more worried that this might be your last chance at a ring with that team because you are getting OLD.

MrPaulD
02-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Setting yourself up for failure? Completely invalid argument given THEY WON THE TITLE. Steph will be a solid addition to their bench.

VivaLaShark
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Im sorry but thats ignorant. The ONLY reason why Boston's pile of stars is successful, is because they have good chemistry and play with one and other instead of being selfish....

Example of putting stars on one team and FAIL would be the Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone in 2004.

Living Legend
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Setting yourself up for failure? Completely invalid argument given THEY WON THE TITLE. Steph will be a solid addition to their bench.

Wow you are stupid

cmstophe
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
The Celtics got taken to 7 games by Atlanta and somebody else last year - Detroit?

Cavs.

Living Legend
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Cavs.

Oh yea.

Boston has to go through King James to just reach the Finals.

Sux to be them.

Fireworld
02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
He will FAIL them.

king4day
02-25-2009, 02:08 PM

The Lakers are still #1

Marbury > kobe
Look no further than the fact that Marbury can sell crappy shoes for under 20 bucks.

I kid I kid :D

eugene
02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Dude is 32 years old, hopefully he learned a lesson from his past experience. If he is not, then he is just absolutely dumb...

Gibby23
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Marbury > kobe
Look no further than the fact that Marbury can sell crappy shoes for under 20 bucks.

I kid I kid :D

That's pretty funny. You see the Al Harington shoe commercial? At the end it says available at K Mart..

Steely McBeam
02-25-2009, 02:18 PM
i definitely think the celtics are going to have a tougher time getting through lebron than the lakers will with the spurs

eugene
02-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh yea.

Boston has to go through King James to just reach the Finals.

Sux to be them.

Lakers has to go through the whole Western Conference to reach the Finals. And hopefully they wouldn't... They'll get their *** beaten at the second round by Rockets or Jazz :smoking: :p

what54!?
02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
well the C's get the back-up point and bench scorer they need. good pick-up

MrPaulD
02-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Wow you are stupid

I'm stupid because I disagree with his assessment that the C's are a team filled with a bunch stars and no chemistry? Their first year playing together the won the damn title...

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Great signing. I cant believe they actually just gave this guy 18 million to go to a division rival who's a top contender for the title. Thanks NY. Knicks>Yankees

And stop this talk about whos going to have a harder road. Nobody thought the Hawks would take us to 7 games and NOBODY knows whats going to happen this postseason. Theres still regular season ball to played, anything can go down.(Signings, injuries, cuts) Boston isnt a lock for the finals, but either is L.A. The spurs, jazz, nuggets, and blazers imo wont be easy games. Cant wait.

kvrnm
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
That's pretty funny. You see the Al Harington shoe commercial? At the end it says available at K Mart..

haha yaa i saw that commercial i laughed at the kmart part... that said, i hope marbury gets his act together and just tries to fit in, if he does that we willl be very tough team to beat..

S.J.Basketball
02-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Marbury can get an Irish man on the other side of his head now. Have fun with the walking head logo.

mgsports
02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Suns,Magic or Heat need him.
Or the Magic who might make to the Finals.
How about Joe Smith or somebody else who gets cut but Sunday.

NYK All the Way
02-25-2009, 03:36 PM
a dream come true would be: the celtics sign marbury and get the #1 seed in the playoffs...by this time marbury complains about his playing time to doc and the entire team chemisty goes right down the drain

Then the knicks with the 8th seed fight it out with the celtics in a 7 game series and win the final game on a driving layup missed by stephon

GoatMilk
02-25-2009, 03:36 PM
The Knicks did this so he can sign with Boston.
If he signs with Boston, Cleveland loses, LeBron gets mad, and signs with the Knicks in 2010!

dgreat5000
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
there set Moore, and Starbury...another Championship if KG can come back healthy

KmB728
02-25-2009, 03:56 PM
what is he gunna do with that big #3 tatoo... number 3 is retired in Boston hahahahaha

Unown99
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Marbury is going to ruin the Celtics Lockeroom

Bizzy13
02-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I beg to differ with marbury ruining the the chemistry. He an Kevin have a past and Kevin always dreamt of playing with marbury forever back in the Twolves days. They were best friends at one point. Wonder if they still have that chemistry between them?

DitchDat
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Mikki Moore is old and wont help boston at all. Marbury will ruin the chemistry if anything. Boston is made up of no chemistry a bunch of stars piled on one team, setting yourself up for failure.

I don't understand why people say that

Honestly, the thing they were hailed for last year was chemistry :confused:

what changed?

JordansBulls
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
This is the final piece of the puzzle for the Celtics.

b_freshhh
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Lakers expected to sign Karl Malone and Gary payton. WHAT NOW Celtic fans?!?!?!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Pretty solid move by the Celtics.

kvrnm
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Lakers expected to sign Karl Malone and Gary payton. WHAT NOW Celtic fans?!?!?!

marbury isnt that old, your an idiot

Raidaz4Life
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
when was the last time this guy actually had a positive impact for the team he played for....? exactly

Dieselpi
02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
when was the last time this guy actually had a positive impact for the team he played for....? exactly

you mean other than when the team gets rid of him?

Faneik
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I didn't want to post in this thread because Marbury only clears waivers on Friday. Who knows what will happen until then?... He could change his mind and sign with another team...

FAIL!:bang:

Could you please why explain you think the Celtics is "made up of no chemistry"?

They were champions in their 1st run.

lol

They must be really talented if they won a ring with no chemistry.

They crushed the Lakers last year, and that's why you act like that.

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
marbury isnt that old, your an idiot

He was making a joke. Calm down..

And I think this is a good pickup if he accepts his role. It will be funny to see if he does, cause past history has proven that he usually doesn't accept it.

kvrnm
02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
He was making a joke. Calm down..

And I think this is a good pickup if he accepts his role. It will be funny to see if he does, cause past history has proven that he usually doesn't accept it.

it wasnt very funny, and i really dont think it was a joke

nebnos
02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
KG will keep Marbury in line. And just for the record, Marbury > Farmar. No matter how long he's been sitting out.

Skin&Bones
02-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Good signing by the Celts. But I think they made a mistake with Mikki Moore.

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 05:00 PM
it wasnt very funny, and i really dont think it was a joke

Aww because someone teases your team's acquisitions you get upset? Dude it's just sports, you take things way to seriously. :eyebrow:

kvrnm
02-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Aww because someone teases your team's acquisitions you get upset? Dude it's just sports, you take things way to seriously. :eyebrow:

coming from a raptors fan, you get hard at the though of jose calderon, even though he isnt even that good

thesparky33
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm kind of excited to see how Marbury plays. He hasnt played in an NBA game for a long time, and I'm just curious to see what kind of shape he's in, and how good he still is, if he is as good as he once was.

This could be a very good signing for the Celtics. I think its definitely a low risk, high reward move.

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 05:54 PM
coming from a raptors fan, you get hard at the though of jose calderon, even though he isnt even that good

Ahaha. That's funny. See if I was like you I would try and comeback with a weak diss that probably my little 5 year old nephew can make up within 30 secs. But I'm just going to laugh. Your one funny kid.

No wonder everyone hates Boston fans. Kids like you are annoying as heck. It's funny cause your probably one of those Bandwagoners that just jumped on last season.

Nets fan 93
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
marbury is pretty damnj good still from what i saw last year and in preseason. VERY nice move by the C's

NYMetros
02-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Sucks for the Lakers and Cavs. Marbury will thrive there.

JayW_1023
02-25-2009, 07:25 PM
It'll be interesting...it'll be a smash or it'll blow up in their faces if Steph is disgruntled playing behind Rajon Rondo.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Steph play two guard now and then.

BouGa
02-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Didn't Steph just give up a ridiculous amount of money to come play in Boston? I think by now he realizes this is his last and only shot of playing again in the NBA. If he knew he was going to come over or even think he would cause a problem, he would have just stayed in New York and collected $20 Mil.

Hes getting his last chance and shot to prove himself and every1 else wrong who doubts him. He knows his place, and if he doesn't he'll learn it VERY fast with the 3 vets on our team. Add onto the fact that if Cassel comes back he'll throw in some of his insight.

He'll show up, work his *** off and be solid off the bench, if not he knows hes gone and so his career in playing in the NBA.

Lets stop trash talking Steph on past problems and see what comes in the future, because its not really going anywhere now with the things that are being said over and over.

KB24PG16
02-25-2009, 07:30 PM
1.3 mil for the rest of year? and ainge was the gm of the year

BouGa
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
It is the most important time of the year, and isn't that the Vets min?

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Good signing by the Celtics IMO but to be honest to only team i fear in the east is Orlando yes Marbury will be coming off the bench but LA will be fine when Bynum comes back they'll have LO or Bynum coming of the bench so its no biggie im confidant that if LA is healthy they can beat any team if healthy like i said the only one is Orlando that scares me

BouGa
02-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Good signing by the Celtics IMO but to be honest to only team i fear in the east is Orlando yes Marbury will be coming off the bench but LA will be fine when Bynum comes back they'll have LO or Bynum coming of the bench so its no biggie im confidant that if LA is healthy they can beat any team if healthy like i said the only one is Orlando that scares me

Orlando took a HUGE hit losing Nelson, I don't think any1 realizes how big of a piece he was. That alone hurts them very much down the stretch, and early in the playoffs. Even when he comes back if he does, he won't be full strength and his game will show that.

The point guard is the main key to all teams, especially in the playoffs. Even with Alstons experience, he isn't anything close to what Jameer brought to that team.

And you don't win in the playoffs by living or dieing by the 3 point shot, defense moves you on. 3 pt shooting just keeps you afloat long enough until you play a solid defense team.

Its a 4 team shootout in the nba right now.

Boston
Lakers
Cavs
Spurs - A healthy Spurs team is a VERY dangerous team.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Based on what? The fact that they got obliterated by the Celtics in the Finals last season? lol...

that they did it this year without bynum

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
and held them to 83 points when they played them the first time, somethign no other team has done

drew_ellis_23
02-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Marbury is cancer. He sucked with KG, he sucked with the Suns, he sucked with the Nets. He is going to wine cause this is Rondo's team. He will get as much minutes as Cassell was getting LOL. I don't get it. He can play, but he is not worth the risk. He will do more harm than good. This should be interesting.

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Orlando took a HUGE hit losing Nelson, I don't think any1 realizes how big of a piece he was. That alone hurts them very much down the stretch, and early in the playoffs. Even when he comes back if he does, he won't be full strength and his game will show that.

The point guard is the main key to all teams, especially in the playoffs. Even with Alstons experience, he isn't anything close to what Jameer brought to that team.

And you don't win in the playoffs by living or dieing by the 3 point shot, defense moves you on. 3 pt shooting just keeps you afloat long enough until you play a solid defense team.

Its a 4 team shootout in the nba right now.

Boston
Lakers
Cavs
Spurs - A healthy Spurs team is a VERY dangerous team.

Oh im sure it was huge losing him it shows by their play but fact is they beat us twice(with Nelson) and its just a team i wouldnt want to face. I think when all 5 teams are healthy they sit like this
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Spurs
4. Cavs
5. Orlando

Now i know i have Orlando at 5 up there but orlando has a banger in Howard a Big Physical presence down low and those are the teams LA has problems with

Leafsleeve
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Marbury with the Celts will be fine, He knows this is his last chance to prove himself, if he ****s this one up he knows he will probably never make a roster again, if he plays good then he knows someone will be wanting to sign him to a contract next season. Marbury didn't suck with KG, I believe they made it to the playoffs in Garnetts second year, he just got big headed and decided it was time to bounce. He will be kept in check this time, Celtics won't tolerate a "cancer" on their roster

LakeShowRaider
02-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Haha.

The C's are going to have a tougher time getting to the finals then the Lakers will.

San Antonio is not that good anymore and I noticed that they resort to dirty, physical play to make up for it.

Thats not going to work.

Don't worry your little head about the Lakers. They will be just fine with their homecourt advantage all the way through the playoffs.

Celtics fans should be more worried that this might be your last chance at a ring with that team because you are getting OLD.

Seriouslyl some Celtics fans are just delusional. It may be because they just became fans last year so thye dont really understand the game of basketball...lol

But for reals, Celts are going to have a much harder time getting to the Finals. The only true foe of the Lakers will be the Spurs. Whereas the Celtics got Cavs, Magic and for some reason you guys struglle against random teams in the playoffs.

So well see!

Faneik
02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Seriouslyl some Celtics fans are just delusional. It may be because they just became fans last year so thye dont really understand the game of basketball...lol

But for reals, Celts are going to have a much harder time getting to the Finals. The only true foe of the Lakers will be the Spurs. Whereas the Celtics got Cavs, Magic and for some reason you guys struglle against random teams in the playoffs.

So well see!

nvm. double post.

Faneik
02-25-2009, 08:14 PM

So well see!

I agree.

Actually, the easiest matchup in last year PO's was the Finals.

You guys are talented, but you aren't tough.

jphxsuns
02-25-2009, 08:20 PM
is he officially signed yet? whats going on? i thought he was gunna sign right after he was released. maybe marbury is arguing that he wants more money from the celts :D

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 08:21 PM

So well see!

Actually a healthy Utah will be a tough matchup lets not forget it was Utah who was our toughest matchup last year in the West and of course SA and Denver seems like a different team with that being said i dont think they either can win a 7 game series against LA but I DO believe they will make it tough really tough

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
is he officially signed yet? whats going on? i thought he was gunna sign right after he was released. maybe marbury is arguing that he wants more money from the celts :D

I thought he was gonna clear waivers on friday??

Young2Kinsler
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Let us all hope Marbury pulls his same stuff and blows up the locker room. Best thing that could happen for the sport.

drew_ellis_23
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Garnett's going to keep him in check? How, by getting on all fours and barking at him? If anyone is to keep him in check it will be Pierce. It is his team. Marbury didn't suck with the T wolves? Yes they did make the playoffs but they didn't do much. He got many teams to the playoffs. Hasn't won a ring, and usually the team just gets worse untell he is let go or traded. Kinda like TO in the NFL. He arrives, has a immediate impact, gets bored or pissed that something doesn't go his way, and the the team suffers. Marbury won't like being the 5th or 6th option. If he has grown up, and he can be a role player for 2 months then good for him. I don't see it happening.

NYMetros
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM

So well see!

I agree. The Cavs and Magic are much better so they will provide a tougher challenge for Boston than last year. Hard to imagine that if the Celtics and Cavs meet up again that it will be a more entertaining series than last year. That was my favorite series of the entire playoffs last year, easily.

But with this signing today, I fail to see the downside to it at all. Marbury can create shots for himself and make everyone around him better. He's hungrier than ever to play basketball and repair his image. If he is a problem for Boston, then they just cut him and move on. It's not like they're paying him a big contract or anything.

Morgan
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah the Celtics did get taken to 7 games last year but they destroyed the Lakers. The finals was by far the Celtics easiest series in the entire playoffs.

Haha.

Thats not going to work.

JayW_1023
02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
I expect Marbury to split time between point guard and shooting guard.

bogmon
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Marbury is a baller.....he adds scary depth to that team.
Mikki Moore can be really good too....if properly motivated. I'm pretty sure havin' KG in his ear will make him a helluva lot better than he was in Sac-to.

I look forward to the Eastern Finals btwn Celts and Cavs....gonna be epic!

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah the Celtics did get taken to 7 games last year but they destroyed the Lakers. The finals was by far the Celtics easiest series in the entire playoffs.

Lakers are a different team i thought you guys should of realized that by now even just Ariza he made a huge difference and you got a taste of what their like with Bynum just cause you beat on team the year before doesnt mean you'll beat them the next you need to realize that especially when the team your talking about adds two huge pieces of their game cause Ariza and Bynum dont just sit on the bench all game Bynum starts and Ariza contributes the most off the bench with his D and his slashing abilities

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Why do people honestly think he will be a cancer? All because of his past? Do people that think the Celtics chemistry will be ruined factor in how much we pay Marbury. If he complains about minutes, stirs trouble in the locker room, bashes the team through media, he will be cut an released and then the CANCERS gone. So how can this be a bad signing? How can this "blow up in our faces"? We are not the knicks, we aint giving this guy 20 million. Everything about Marbury to the Celtics sounds goo to me. Hes cheap, has careere averages of 20 ppg and 8 apg, doesnt mind a reduced role, has former ties with K.G, wants to win a ring, wants a new contract next year, and has a chip on his shoulder WITH many doubters to prove wrong. I like the signing.

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Lakers are a different team i thought you guys should of realized that by now even just Ariza he made a huge difference and you got a taste of what their like with Bynum just cause you beat on team the year before doesnt mean you'll beat them the next you need to realize that especially when the team your talking about adds two huge pieces of their game cause Ariza and Bynum dont just sit on the bench all game Bynum starts and Ariza contributes the most off the bench with his D and his slashing abilities

This is a Marbury to Boston thread. Who cares about Bynum and Ariza. We all know the Lakers are a good team. We get it. If we get to the finals and so do the lakers we'll see what happens. Til then just shut up

akesh99
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I dont think he will be a cancer on Boston. I think he will fit in nicely with the ego of KG. However, I still think that the loss of Brown and Posey can't be replaced by Moore and Marbury. IF the C's make it to the finals this year, the Lakers will take them

ATX
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
If i was Doc and had a team trying to repeat as NBA champions, and considering how well the Celts are doing this season...I'd stay as far away from Marbury as I could. Just how long do you think Marbury will be cool backing up Rondo? Why mess with something that obviously is working? Don't do it Boston.

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
This is a Marbury to Boston thread. Who cares about Bynum and Ariza. We all know the Lakers are a good team. We get it. If we get to the finals and so do the lakers we'll see what happens. Til then just shut up

Ha funny how you failed to realize that im responding to something somebody else said so how can i put this for you.....it wasnt me who started this conversation so until your realize that you can go play hide and go f*&* yourself

KB24>MJ23
02-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Waiting to see what happens...it could go either way with Marbury. Either he pushes them over the top, or drags them down.

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Ha funny how you failed to realize that im responding to something somebody else said so how can i put this for you.....it wasnt me who started this conversation so until your realize that you can go play hide and go f*&* yourself

Oh i realized it...i just dont like you

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Waiting to see what happens...it could go either way with Marbury. Either he pushes them over the top, or drags them down.

howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

HOW THE **** DOES THIS GUY DRAG US DOWN....love to hear it...if u dont know sports DONT SIGN UP TO PROSPORTSDAILY

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh i realized it...i just dont like you

Oh thats good for you i missed the part where thats my problem??

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh thats good for you i missed the part where thats my problem??

ur problem? No problem at all chief

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 09:10 PM
ur problem? No problem at all chief

Well good now back to the Stephon to the celtics thing like i said good signing IMO BUT....i wouldnt get overly excited about this yet he has yet to play a game and you still dont now if he'll mesh good with the team i heard the same things last year with shaq going to PHX and this year with JO going to toronto no i know those were differnt teams and not at the same level as the celtics but im just saying before you say anything would wait and see how he fits in with the team

jphxsuns
02-25-2009, 09:14 PM
give me a break. he will not and cannot be a cancer. hes a bench player. how can a bench player be a cancer. i dont believe he was ever a cancer really. yeah i said it. i think the knicks were douche bags to him. why should he give them wha they want if they didnt treat him like the star point guard that he is? hes not gunna be a cancer. hes going to be the best back up point guard in the nba, and possibly the player that puts the celts on top(even tho they pretty much are on top).

its the cels, cavs, lakers(not in any particular order). any three of those teams can possibly beat the other two so theres no way i can decide between them

Leafsleeve
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I dont think he will be a cancer on Boston. I think he will fit in nicely with the ego of KG. However, I still think that the loss of Brown and Posey can't be replaced by Moore and Marbury. IF the C's make it to the finals this year, the Lakers will take them

I love how Laker fans talk like the Lakers made it to the finals already. Don't get your hopes to high because I think your season is going to implode in the first round

Young2Kinsler
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Well good now back to the Stephon to the celtics thing like i said good signing IMO BUT....i wouldnt get overly excited about this yet he has yet to play a game and you still dont now if he'll mesh good with the team i heard the same things last year with shaq going to PHX and this year with JO going to toronto no i know those were differnt teams and not at the same level as the celtics but im just saying before you say anything would wait and see how he fits in with the team

How can some one be honest with themselves a be a Cowboys and Lakers fan? Thats like the guy I saw who was a Gators, Blue Devils, Lakers, and Yankees fan,lmao.

jphxsuns
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM

i know this has nothing to do with this thread, but ur name really pisses me off. i really hope its a joke. KB24 is not anywhere close as good as MJ23

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 09:17 PM

Overly excited..? I mean i dont think signing Starbury is a automatic title. But its somewhat intriguing to know u have a career 20ppg scorer and one of NBAs former elite pgs coming off the bench. Both players u mentioned, Shaq and O'neal went to their respective teams as starters and were expected to be vital pieces. Marbury is coming here in a reduced role and not guaranteed any amount of minutes. totally different

ntat
02-25-2009, 09:23 PM

what r u talking about? the celtics have awesome team chemistry, and thats why they smacked the lakers around last year.

ntat
02-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Overly excited..? I mean i dont think signing Starbury is a automatic title. But its somewhat intriguing to know u have a career 20ppg scorer and one of NBAs former elite pgs coming off the bench. Both players u mentioned, Shaq and O'neal went to their respective teams as starters and were expected to be vital pieces. Marbury is coming here in a reduced role and not guaranteed any amount of minutes. totally different
what?

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

HOW THE **** DOES THIS GUY DRAG US DOWN....love to hear it...if u dont know sports DONT SIGN UP TO PROSPORTSDAILY

Bro half of the Boston fans here don't know sports. All us "haters" (supposedly we hate your team cause we have different opinions) think that Steph is a helluva player, it's just that he wants to be it on every team. He did that in Minni, Phoenix, NJ, and the Knicks. For the best of your team, I hope he doesn't with Boston too. I want the championship to stay in the East. But seriously, history is proven that the chances of him being a "cancer" is probable. Not saying he won't turn a new cheek, but that's what the past has defined.

So no need to get all rash and offended.

Leafsleeve
02-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Bro half of the Boston fans here don't know sports. All us "haters" (supposedly we hate your team cause we have different opinions) think that Steph is a helluva player, it's just that he wants to be it on every team. He did that in Minni, Phoenix, NJ, and the Knicks. For the best of your team, I hope he doesn't with Boston too. I want the championship to stay in the East. But seriously, history is proven that the chances of him being a "cancer" is probable. Not saying he won't turn a new cheek, but that's what the past has defined.

Bostons sports fans have seen a lot of trophies in the past few years, don't be sad, we are just going to get more.

KmB728
02-25-2009, 09:56 PM
i will admit .... my fellow Boston fans and I are rather cocky

were just use to winning :)

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Bostons sports fans have seen a lot of trophies in the past few years, don't be sad, we are just going to get more.

Did you read what a wrote?

LMAO... I said I wanted Boston to bring another one to the East. Why would I be sad? Why don't you read my post before quoting it.

mjt20mik
02-25-2009, 10:01 PM
i will admit .... my fellow Boston fans and I are rather cocky

were just use to winning :)

You guys won 1 championship after what like 22 years and your use to winning? Like I don't get it. Out of everyone here, SA fans and LA fans should be the most cockiest.

Living Legend
02-25-2009, 10:05 PM

Not this year.

Last year I was surprised that the Lakers even made it to finals.

This year I will be surprised if they don't.

Hustla23
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought Danny Ainge was scared of Marbury corrupting the Celtics and dragging them down to the bottom of the NBA ocean like the tatooed anchor that he is.

Well, this should be interesting.

madiaz3
02-25-2009, 10:14 PM

That's as relevant as the Celtics losing twice to the Lakers this season.

Face it, Marbury is a proven loser. Forget all of this playing for a ring motivation or spite, he's said that every year, and every year he fails to play to his money's worth.

Corey
02-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Every other year, he's been looked at as a leader/main contributer though. He's coming off the bench in Boston.

stevefrancis
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
now when the celtics lose to cleveland they can blame it on marbury like how the pistons are blaming iverson

KmB728
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
You guys won 1 championship after what like 22 years and your use to winning? Like I don't get it. Out of everyone here, SA fans and LA fans should be the most cockiest.

The Pats just won 3 superbowls- nearly a fourth

Celtics just won the NBA Title

Redsox just won 2 world Series

Bruins are the top team in the east

New England Revs went to the MLS finals the past three seasons

thats a good amount of winning

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 10:48 PM

Not offended at all. Im just sick of hearing that Marbury will cause chemistry issue or be some sorta cancer to this team. This situation isnt like NY. We dont owe this guy millions upon millions of dollars. We wont have to worry about buy outs. If he starts up and pulls some B.S hes gone. There wont be weeks and months of specualtion of him leaving or marbury showing up to our opponents arena with a purchased front row ticket. He messes up once hes gone. I dont think hes had those circumstances since hes been in the lg. We'll be fine

mrblisterdundee
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
It's a good pick-up as long as he is willing to shut up and take his place behind Rondo.

albertc86
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm a Laker fan, but I must admit, this acquisition has a possibility of being huge for the Celtics. Marbury may be a cancer, but joining a team with star power such as the Celtics, does elevate a player's game. If he could limit his shots and pass the ball, he'll be just fine.

mrblisterdundee
02-25-2009, 10:51 PM

This is a basketball forum. Stop mentioning other sports. Besides, baseball sucks!

NBAdyNASTY
02-25-2009, 11:05 PM

Put the pipe down. The Spurs? The same Spurs team the Lakers beat handily last time they played them? The same Spurs team the Lakers ousted out of the playoffs last year? In case you forgot, the Spurs are once again short with an injured Ginobili. Your Western Conference knowledge is rusty, time for a tetanus shot. I think Marbury is a good addition, but I just don't think he'll make that much of a difference. Moore is another nice addition, but once again, not much difference. Neither of these guys has the impact on D that Posey and PJ had last year. Marbury selfishness is another possible issue. Another thing to watch out for is how this effects Rondo. Rondo is just now gaining confidence in his J and this acquisition could regress that.
Excluding the Finals, the Lakers did just fine in the playoffs. They had a much easier time getting to the Finals than the celts. Now they have Ariza at full strength, Gasol for a full season, and a good chance of Bynum being there for a finals run, the Lakers appear to have a smoother road to the finals than your Celts. If we meet again in June, the outcome could be much different.

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
How can some one be honest with themselves a be a Cowboys and Lakers fan? Thats like the guy I saw who was a Gators, Blue Devils, Lakers, and Yankees fan,lmao.

Is that all you got to say?? Last time i checked my cowboys haven't won **** in years so if your claiming im a band wagon guy i think id be rooting for a team like the steelers or Pats so go change your maxy pad and and quit being a little B*$*h....now stephs a really good player who may help the bench but as far as how much of an impact he will have has yet to be seen he wont avg 20ppg for you guys hes coming off the bench so what he did as starter means nothing and how many minutes he plays is also a factor and what i meant by overly excited i mean that towards the boston fans who claim that with the signing of steph that the celtics will "kill the lakers and cavs" i know some of you saw that thread

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Put the pipe down. The Spurs? The same Spurs team the Lakers beat handily last time they played them? The same Spurs team the Lakers ousted out of the playoffs last year? In case you forgot, the Spurs are once again short with an injured Ginobili. Your Western Conference knowledge is rusty, time for a tetanus shot. I think Marbury is a good addition, but I just don't think he'll make that much of a difference. Moore is another nice addition, but once again, not much difference. Neither of these guys has the impact (or jumpshot or D) that Posey and PJ had last year. And, excluding the Finals, the Lakers did just fine in the playoffs. They had a much easier time getting to the Finals than the celts. Now they have Ariza at full strength, Gasol for a full season, and a good chance of Bynum being there for a finals run, the Lakers appear to have a smoother road to the finals than your Celts. If we meet again in June, the outcome could be much different.

or it couldnt... guess we wont know til june

Nighthawk
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Is that all you got to say?? Last time i checked my cowboys haven't won **** in years so if your claiming im a band wagon guy i think id be rooting for a team like the steelers or Pats so go change your maxy pad and and quit being a little B*$*h....now stephs a really good player who may help the bench but as far as how much of an impact he will have has yet to be seen he wont avg 20ppg for you guys hes coming off the bench so what he did as starter means nothing and how many minutes he plays is also a factor and what i meant by overly excited i mean that towards the boston fans who claim that with the signing of steph that the celtics will "kill the lakers and cavs" i know some of you saw that thread

Of course he wont average 20 ppg...None of the Big 3 even average 20 ppg.. We just need him to score aswell as make the second unit better. He;ll be told his role and he'll follow it. Doc's a players coach, and we have a group of winners. Being around Eddy Curry and Crawford and Richardson isnt good.

codes238
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
no matter what laker fans or other bitter haters say, as un unbiased observer the celts needed to make this move... they would not have gotten past the cavs this year with the bench and now, if things work out, marbury, eddie house, leon powe and mikki moore provide a very nice bench... people are hating on mikki but they forget that he was a starter in this league the past 2 years and the only reason he didnt get playing time this year is cause the kings are rebuilding... he's better than any other big man boston has off the bench

NYeagle
02-25-2009, 11:43 PM

One question for you Laker fans...Who on LA is supposed to guard Starbury. The genius of Danny Ainge has come to the surface once again! With Starbury giving 2nd string guards headaches off the dribble rather than Eddie House jacking up 3's, now the points just keep on rollin'. Can you say "CHAMPIONSHIP"!!

DCB/LAL
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
One question for you Laker fans...Who on LA is supposed to guard Starbury. The genius of Danny Ainge has come to the surface once again! With Starbury giving 2nd string guards headaches off the dribble rather than Eddie House jacking up 3's, now the points just keep on rollin'. Can you say "CHAMPIONSHIP"!!

hmm..well good question and i have an answer Trevor Ariza dude wasnt healthy last year in the finals so he didnt play much but hes a really good defender whos tall and has long arms what he contributes on offense is a plus

still1ballin
02-25-2009, 11:54 PM

You're mistaken if you think Marbury is going to take the C's over the top this year.

Bulls_fan90
02-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Marbury can get an Irish man on the other side of his head now. Have fun with the walking head logo.

Love your sig :clap:

Lindystud36
02-26-2009, 12:12 AM
what can we really expect form stephon in a game as far as numbers, and as far as making the people around him better?

would he excell better if he went to a different team other than boston?

mjt20mik
02-26-2009, 12:42 AM

Good point bro, but I was talking about basketball. The Basketball forum has been pretty quiet until the Celtics won, and suddenly a bunch a fans start talk **** on how Boston is the ****. I'm sure there were some that were always fans, but those bandwagon jumpers on PSD are really annoying.

DCB/LAL
02-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Good point bro, but I was talking about basketball. The Basketball forum has been pretty quiet until the Celtics won, and suddenly a bunch a fans start talk **** on how Boston is the ****. I'm sure there were some that were always fans, but those bandwagon jumpers on PSD are really annoying.

Oh thats because they were in the Lakers forum kissing Kobes Ars chanting.......M...V...P...M...V...P..

lorenz00
02-26-2009, 12:47 AM
affect of the boston? not much.... marbury sucks bad

NYMetros
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
You're mistaken if you think Marbury is going to take the C's over the top this year.

The Celtics were already over the top. They are the champs after all. They have nothing to prove at the moment until someone uncrowns them.

Cassel and PJ put the C's over the top last year. Gave them that much needed bench help. Marbury and Mikki are very similar acquisitions - almost identical, actually.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 01:15 AM

In fairness tho to those "fans" why would they be talkin **** before we won the chip? Were we supposed to brag about gerald green and ryan gomes and big al. Were we supposed to brag about losing 18 in a row? No clipper fans are talkin ****. Bu if they won it all i guarantee that would change. Its the nature of sports and fans imo. I have watched the C's before even Pierce got here. I dont have to prove my fandom because i kno who i am. You can usually tell the bandwagoners. People with one post starting Celtic threads or baiting talkin junk. But theres bandwagoners in all sports in all cities.

akesh99
02-26-2009, 02:16 AM
I love how Laker fans talk like the Lakers made it to the finals already. Don't get your hopes to high because I think your season is going to implode in the first round

Believe it or not I'm from Toronto and I'm a Raptors fan. Just someone from the outside commenting

missionh1llpart
02-26-2009, 02:24 AM

How is Marbury going to ruin chemistry is you say there is none in the first place?

We apparently had enough last finals when we beat you by nearly 50 in game 6!

piercethetruth
02-26-2009, 02:43 AM

The Lakers are still #1

how can you say that when the celts killed you guys in the finals last season? hahaha typical laker fan...what was the final of game 6 again??

Living Legend
02-26-2009, 02:48 AM
how can you say that when the celts killed you guys in the finals last season? hahaha typical laker fan...what was the final of game 6 again??

Haha you lost to the Clips. :clap:

jphxsuns
02-26-2009, 03:21 AM
to anyone who doubts: marbury has amazing talent. if kg could make him keep his head on straight, then this is a huge signing. honestly there arent many guards in the nba that are more talnted then starbury.

Talick
02-26-2009, 04:06 AM
I just finished watching the KG documentary on NBA TV. I'm now curious to see whether reuniting with Marbury can ignite a flame inside KG.
Ainge seems to be trying to surround KG with his big influences from the past. Last year he picked up Cassell for the championship run. It would be the sweetest feeling for KG if he could give one of his closest teammates in his career a taste of championship glory.
KG and Marbury have some unfinished business to take care of. I'm calling it right now...the Celtics are winning the championship.

Nighthawk
02-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Haha you lost to the Clips. :clap:

Is that suppose to change our minds? We still think we will quick your *** in the finals. I mean come on. Its one game during the regular season and we werent healthy. Excuses aside, If your next loss is to some shotty team wit a crappy record, u still gonna think your team will win it all? Of course u will. Go away with this garbage and your nonsense laker loving baiting. Its all throughout this NBA forum and its quite sad

LAcowBOMBER
02-26-2009, 05:20 AM

I hate these stupid arguements, but the Lakers are the better team this year. They have proved it all year. Marbury just isn't that good and he certainly doesn't put them over the top

mjt20mik
02-26-2009, 06:21 AM
I hate these stupid arguements, but the Lakers are the better team this year. They have proved it all year. Marbury just isn't that good and he certainly doesn't put them over the top

The only question I have about Marbury is, is he game ready? He hasn't played since the beginning of this season.

hotdogbun
02-26-2009, 07:17 AM

yeah spurs this and spurs that. cant u remember? the lakers beat the spurs in 5 last playoffs? w/o bynum,ariza

and heres how i see it. the celtics may not even come out of the east because of the cavaliers and the magic

hotdogbun
02-26-2009, 07:19 AM
The Celtics were already over the top. They are the champs after all. They have nothing to prove at the moment until someone uncrowns them.

Cassel and PJ put the C's over the top last year. Gave them that much needed bench help. Marbury and Mikki are very similar acquisitions - almost identical, actually.

they were champs LAST YEAR. at the start of the season everthing goes back to the nothing. and right now the lakers are better. saying that they are the 2008 champions is crap cuz its all about 2009

Young2Kinsler
02-26-2009, 10:37 AM

Winning is fine, and you should be proud of it. My problem with the fans in Boston is this; After years and years of the majority of their teams struggling, Boston has finally returned to winning, and like I said thats great. But their fan base has turned face so quickly. The way Boston fans act towards other teams fans disgust me. You would think a fan of teams who have REALLY struggled for a while, (and yes this is mainly at Red Sox fans, but it applies for the Celtics too) that those fans would be less harsh and more understanding when talking about teams who are in the same situation as the Boston teams were just 5 short years ago. They have become holier than everyone else around them, and talk down to people like they are lesser fans, just because they are a Boston fan. While I know this doesn't apply to everyone, b/c there are diehard fans out there, but the truth is their fan bases have doubled in recent years, and thats where you get the ignorant fans that make everyone hate Boston. I appologize to the good Red Sox fans out there, but this is a topic that really bugs me.

DrDEADalready
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
who would start Rondo or Marbury?

Corey
02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Rondo. Marbury knows that he is being brought in to spell Rondo.

hotdogbun
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
MARBURY PLEASE NO! SHAYIT . MARBURY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS NOw i gotta hate him! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sign with the heat or magic instead of even LA!

playing behind rondo will just make u look bad cuz ur stats will suck and thats what people look at

tonyd3b54
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
this entire thread is really quite sad... haters and over confidence...

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
this entire thread is really quite sad... haters and over confidence...

your user title says "the motha****ing greatest"

and why are some people acting like everyone in the world doesnt know the WEST is going to be represented by the Los Angeles Lakers ?

sp1derm00
02-26-2009, 12:42 PM
I actually predict that Marbury won't be going to the Celtics. I actually think he's going to the Cavs to help out LBJ and most likely, solidify his position in Cleveland, taking away any chances that Lebron would sign with the Knicks.

That's what I would do to not only have a decent shot at getting my first ring, but also getting back at the ballclub that benched me for the whole year and didn't buy me out until after the trade deadline.

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I actually predict that Marbury won't be going to the Celtics. I actually think he's going to the Cavs to help out LBJ and most likely, solidify his position in Cleveland, taking away any chances that Lebron would sign with the Knicks.

That's what I would do to not only have a decent shot at getting my first ring, but also getting back at the ballclub that benched me for the whole year and didn't buy me out until after the trade deadline.

You think?

"I don't know him that well," LeBron James once said of Marbury. "But I couldn't have a guy like that on my team."

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
your user title says "the motha****ing greatest"

and why are some people acting like everyone in the world doesnt know the WEST is going to be represented by the Los Angeles Lakers ?

Simple, lol...because it's true.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
MARBURY PLEASE NO! SHAYIT . MARBURY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS NOw i gotta hate him! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sign with the heat or magic instead of even LA!

playing behind rondo will just make u look bad cuz ur stats will suck and thats what people look at

right and wrong.

stupid ppl will see that. smart ppl will see the wins and the fact that the Celtics offense doesnt just die when Rondo sits.

hotdogbun
02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Simple, lol...because it's true.

so the west is gonna be represented by the spurs?

*cough**cough*we beat you in 5 games last playoffs withoyt bynum,ariza*cough**cough**sneeze*

hotdogbun
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
right and wrong.

stupid ppl will see that. smart ppl will see the wins and the fact that the Celtics offense doesnt just die when Rondo sits.

what wins? :rolleyes:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
what wins? :rolleyes:

lol wow. good joke. i give u that

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
so the west is gonna be represented by the spurs?

*cough**cough*we beat you in 5 games last playoffs withoyt bynum,ariza*cough**cough**sneeze*

Say that again...the Spurs were banged up that series...and didn't nearly have the depth they have this year with the emergence of Mason, Bonner and Hill.

The wise one embraces silence, the fool can be heard for miles :smoking:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-26-2009, 01:30 PM
You think?

"I don't know him that well," LeBron James once said of Marbury. "But I couldn't have a guy like that on my team."

lebron is not a smart guy. he takes criticism the wrong way. he has no credibility on matters like this. he has a high school education...MAYBE. he knows basketball and thats it. when it comes to judging situations, he doesnt know a thing. he doesnt have the IQ or the process of thinking to understand something as complicated as this.

Trouble87
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
The wise one embraces silence, the fool can be heard for miles :smoking:

^^^ PSD zen moment of the day *bangs gong & takes bong hit*

masalex1205
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM
should change the name of this thread to CELTICS v. LAKERS

Trouble87
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
lebron is not a smart guy. he takes criticism the wrong way. he has no credibility on matters like this. he has a high school education...MAYBE. he knows basketball and thats it. when it comes to judging situations, he doesnt know a thing. he doesnt have the IQ or the process of thinking to understand something as complicated as this.

lebron was mad marbury called his ugo sneakers overpriced

JayW_1023
02-26-2009, 01:35 PM

:eyebrow:

Dunno...but I do know having Mo, West and Gibson pretty much makes anything Steph brings to the table obsolete.

The Cavs are pretty deep when in full health...while depth has been the issue with Boston all season long.

kntresistheheat
02-26-2009, 02:00 PM
This just in: Stephon Marbury went to seattle to sign with the sonics, but no one was there:eyebrow: So he knocked really hard and Isiah answered the door and told him that to stick around I will sign you for a 5yr 100mil contract to play with the sonics the only thing is that you would have to wait till 2012! Marbury says would I still get paid? Isiah says of course you will, steph says well am down I dont mind sitting around and getting paid:D

futureman
02-26-2009, 06:19 PM
He better be a short term arrangement. He will ruin the celtics again if he stays for too long.

mcyz
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Let us all hope Marbury pulls his same stuff and blows up the locker room. Best thing that could happen for the sport.

that is the only way any other team gets a ring

Young2Kinsler
02-26-2009, 07:29 PM
that is the only way any other team gets a ring

Typical Boston arrogance, ignorance, and *******. Exemplifies my earlier post to a T.

Drunk Kosar 19
02-26-2009, 07:33 PM
screw em

handbanana55
02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah good luck with that I remember when Starbury didn't wanna be in Minnesota cause he wanted to be the man and not Garnett's side kick now his only hope of a ring is ridin Garnett's coattail gotta love karma

handbanana55
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
they were champs LAST YEAR. at the start of the season everthing goes back to the nothing. and right now the lakers are better. saying that they are the 2008 champions is crap cuz its all about 2009

They are still the Champs till AFTER this year's Finals and then maybe they still are

Marius
02-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Would Marbury replace rondo in the starting lineup?

I think his FT shooting alone warrants him a better position.

He can pass, slash, and shoot. His defensive mishaps will be covered by KG and Perkins.

I think that Rondo would solidify the second unit. But then again, Rondo is the future ... considering his age... who knows.

Young2Kinsler
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM

He can pass, slash, and shoot. His defensive mishaps will be covered by KG and Perkins.

I think that Rondo would solidify the second unit. But then again, Rondo is the future ... considering his age... who knows.

Marbury shouldn't come CLOSE to starting. Thats Rondos spot, he earned it, Marbury is a proven bad team mate and loser.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM

no. however, if the team needs a basket with 1 possetion remaining, marbury will be in for Rondo.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
ok i know marbury isnt Jesus, but can someone list what hes actually done?
i really don't remember anything he did that was so bad until Isiah destroyed the knicks.

EDIT: the one reason why this is going to work out great; Marbury will end his career if he does not at least make the Finals. if the Celtics do not win it all, Marbury will be blamed. he has a lot more to lose than the Celtics.

this move is going to be great. Marbury will be on his best behavior in Boston for the rest of the season and post season, after that, WHO CARES? he will be on another team as starting PG.

magichatnumber9
02-26-2009, 11:43 PM

The Lakers are still #1 I expected more from an enlightend one. Things always work out the way they are suppose too. If it is destined for the Lakers to win the finals they will grasshopper. I am glad I could teach the master a lesson of wisdom and modesty.

Stormblast
02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
So I just thought of this, what is Steph going to do about that #3 tattoo on the side of his head??? That number has already been retired by the Celtics (Dennis Johnson).

ElMarroAfamado
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM

you do realize that the Spurs suck right?
that they rely on MATT BONNER
yes MATT ****ING BONNER for offensive input have you seen the guy play? or try to make a play?

cmon now.....the Spurs aint doing ****
get off Tim duncans nuts already
mark my words they will prob lose in the 1st round

ElMarroAfamado
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
This is the final piece of the puzzle for the Celtics.

hHHHhahahahahahahahahahha

MJ-BULLS
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
still like the lakers over the celtics

caseyv415
02-27-2009, 03:43 PM

The Lakers are still #1

Lakers are the same team that lost last year.
Bostons tougher than last year. And now Starbury! SORRY LA
You really think Morrison is going to help. LMFAO! Lakers would have been better off down the stretch with Radmonovic

LakersKB24
02-27-2009, 04:05 PM
You really think Morrison is going to help. LMFAO! Lakers would have been better off down the stretch with Radmonovic

NOBODY expects Morrison to help... Lakers ain't as stupid as you might think they... The trade was considered a salary dump, Radmanovic was riding the bench anyways. Anyways, different topic.

Marbury might help the Celts if he accepts the role as a substitute. It could cause chemistry problems, but after his Knicks experience he probably won't be as selfish. It might be his last chance to win a ring.

Skin&Bones
02-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Yea I think Morrison will take kobe's place for us....how about try screwing with your head in first to make sure you think straight and look at facts before making an *** of yourself.

ATX
02-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm convinced now that the Lakers win this years Finals. Marbury will find a way screw things up, he always does.

Hustla23
02-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm convinced now that the Lakers win this years Finals. Marbury will find a way screw things up, he always does.

Haha yeah.

XJW18
02-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow you are stupid

Why is he stupid?
He is Correct! Stephon hasnt played Ball in over a year!
im sure he cant wait to get on the court with a Contender!
He will Do everything asked of him im sure!
well only if he wants a Ring!

**** you Stephon!!!!!!!!!!
GO LAKERS!

Mr_Peabody
02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
i dont like marbury, but i hope god pulls off a miracle and blesses the celtics once again

bostncelts34
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
So far Stephon looked good. Hit his first jumper from about 14 ft. Has an assist and a steal in 5 minutes of play.Two turnovers as well, to be expected though since he hasnt played.

Im excited for this, its a low risk-high reward scenario. Plus, the crowd cheered loud for him when he first got in the game, and there was a HUGE smile on his face, hes happy to be here, and will do whatever Doc ask's him too.

cmstophe
02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Marbury having a low key game so far..

hotdogbun
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
but seriously why is rondo starting. marbury should start marbury >>>>>>>>>> rondo

Fireworld
02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Im sorry but thats ignorant. The ONLY reason why Boston's pile of stars is successful, is because they have good chemistry and play with one and other instead of being selfish....

Example of putting stars on one team and FAIL would be the Lakers with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone in 2004.

-d-
-o-
-u-
-c-
-h-
-e-
!
:moon:

hotdogbun
02-27-2009, 10:27 PM
wtf why is eddie house getting more minutes than marbury?

JimmyMal450
02-27-2009, 11:05 PM

Maby it's the fact that Marbury hasn't played a game of basketball in months.

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 11:20 PM

dude do u know the game??? A live NBA game is a lot different than playing some pickup game at ur local park. He hasnt played in how long? He said himself he was tired and just needed to get back into the swing of things. 8 points in his debut. not bad. Steph is going to surprise some ppl

hotdogbun
02-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Maby it's the fact that Marbury hasn't played a game of basketball in months.

even if marbury hasnt played in 10 years he is still better than house

codes238
02-27-2009, 11:29 PM
he actually played really well today, it hink the second unit of marbs, house, tony allen, powe and mikki will actually be really good for you guys, you definitely have a bench that can compete with that of the lakers and cavs right now...

Nighthawk
02-27-2009, 11:41 PM
even if marbury hasnt played in 10 years he is still better than house

:pity: I HATE STUPID people

p.s- no infractions for that

69centers
02-28-2009, 12:15 AM
still like the lakers over the celtics

I bet you said the same thing last year. :pity:

Kakaroach
02-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Looked pretty good tonight for a guy who hasn't played real NBA basketball in over a year. He should be an excellent role player. I also saw Mikki Moore during the highlights as well. Good week for the C's lol.

td0tsfinest
02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
:pity: I HATE STUPID people

p.s- no infractions for that

+1, trust me there are some morons here.

For the guy commenting on Marbury playing less than house; it doesn't matter. Marbury was signed today, do you think he knows all the set plays? He's playing point and in order for him to be effective, he needs to know what the hell he's running and at the same time, Boston has the best defensive system in the league, do you honestly think Marbury already learned the system in a matter of hours.

Living Legend
02-28-2009, 12:49 AM
I expected more from an enlightend one. Things always work out the way they are suppose too. If it is destined for the Lakers to win the finals they will grasshopper. I am glad I could teach the master a lesson of wisdom and modesty.

I have more modesty in my pinky toe then your whole body.

NYMetros
02-28-2009, 12:53 AM

The Lakers are the same team as last year. :shrug: Yeah, some guys on LA have improved. But so have the players on Boston. Rondo, Ray Allen, Glen Davis all have gotten much bettter. And the addition of Marbury was brilliant. The Celtics are stronger than last year IMO.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 01:25 AM
I can't even remember the last time I saw Marbury play. And I really can't remember ever seeing anyone wear his $15 sneakers.

Jaji
02-28-2009, 01:31 AM
but seriously why is rondo starting. marbury should start marbury >>>>>>>>>> rondo

Nah dude, not right now. Marbury hasn't played in forever. I'm > Marbury right now. Besides, I like Rondo's game. Any PG with a assist to turnover ratio greater than 3 can start on my team. He's a pretty good defender too.

Nighthawk
02-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Nah dude, not right now. Marbury hasn't played in forever. I'm > Marbury right now. Besides, I like Rondo's game. Any PG with a assist to turnover ratio greater than 3 can start on my team. He's a pretty good defender too.

Pretty good??? Hes top 3 as far as defense goes for point guards. Hands down.

Mile High Champ
02-28-2009, 01:53 AM
I really do hate marbury.. was so nice to see him sit on the bench the last two years...

lakersfan211
02-28-2009, 03:13 AM
i dont like the peice of **** either and thats what marbury is a peice of **** , he has destroyed team chemistry and every team hes been on and one of those teams is the same team kg played for ,why would kg wont that prick on his team.

Corey
02-28-2009, 08:13 AM
i dont like the peice of **** either and thats what marbury is a peice of **** , he has destroyed team chemistry and every team hes been on and one of those teams is the same team kg played for ,why would kg wont that prick on his team.

Maybe because he played his first game in over an entire year, and went 4/6 from the field with 8 points, 2 assists, 1 steal and a rebound in 12 minutes.

Proballer
02-28-2009, 08:51 AM
http://nbakingdom.wordpress.com/2009/02/28/stephon-marbury-in-boston/

I just hope Rajon Rando will remain in the starting lineup!

bostncelts34
02-28-2009, 09:07 AM
lol Rondo's starting position is in no jeopordy. He had 17 assist last night. Rondo is the starter, and will be the starter the rest of the season. Only thing that will change, is towards end of games, you might see more marbury for scoring reasons/spreading the floor.

DrDEADalready
02-28-2009, 10:16 AM
8pts in 13 min. Not bad for a guy that hasn't played in over a year. I think he'll become a important piece to the celtics success once he learns the offense better.

BouGa
02-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Hasn't Marbury only had problems with 2 teams in his whole career?

thesparky33
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Hasn't Marbury only had problems with 2 teams in his whole career?

Yeah, in Phoenix, I dont think he was a problem, as I think they traded him mostly for salary reduction purposes...

In New Jersey, he got traded mostly because they needed a change, cuz they werent going anywhere, and they had a lot of talent being wasted with Van Horn, Gill, Kittles, K-Mart, etc.

The only place he had "problems" were in New York, but that was just ugly.

I'd probably also say he had problems in Minnesota, but only because the way he left, it was ugly and really pissed off all of his fans in Minnesota.

elements1985
02-28-2009, 04:50 PM

The Celtics have much better chemistry than the Lakers ever will. Kobe is a great player, but he's no leader -- we saw that in the play-offs last year when he was whining and yelling at his teammates. Whenever Kobe is part of the equation, there goes chemistry. He's the polar opposite of Garnett.

JJ81
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/23lcu3t.jpg

Tmath
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Melo = Marbury

MetroMan
07-17-2012, 09:32 PM
What in the Metro hell is this.

Closed

Blink
07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Lol Marbury

tr3ymill3r
07-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Marbury and KG finally going to play together...dream come true!

EasternStar
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Funny. After 3 years, this thread appears again. This must have come from the grave or something.

Baller33
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXlBAb-sA2c

The Doctor
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
:/

Losoway
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
this is old thread?

nickdymez
07-17-2012, 09:53 PM
this is old thread?

Are you serious?

Kashmir13579
07-17-2012, 09:59 PM
lmfao. I needed this.

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
hahahahahaha i was like wtf? back to the future stuff lol

Losoway
07-17-2012, 10:14 PM
lmaoo yo whoever brought this **** up is going to hell

with all the elders getting big contracts this summer . this isnt too far fetched if this was true

AI4MVP
07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
wtf? why this? of all the old threads, why this?

Baller33
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
^ ive had some other funny ones but they were removed

tapajafri
07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Are you serious?

shutup

rever
07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

KnicksR4Real
07-17-2012, 10:28 PM
lol with this

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 10:30 PM
i actually thought marbury was a new young guy, i knew it was no way in hell starbury was goin to play

BKdoubleStacker
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
championship

mikeydady
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Queens guy. I would get more excited if Kenny Anderson was pulling out his green jersey.

KaganRS
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
to the top with this story !

mikeydady
07-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Seriously... Houston needs to drop Machado and the Celts need to swoop him. Not playing that great in Summer league but I still have faith.

dnewguy
07-17-2012, 10:41 PM
wtf

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Seriously... Houston needs to drop Machado and the Celts need to swoop him. Not playing that great in Summer league but I still have faith.

u think? he looked so-so today

Baller33
07-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Chad Gaudin is terrible!!!

king4day
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Melo = Marbury

Please don't bump old threads. Especially for no reason at all. You've been around long enough to know better.