PDA

View Full Version : Pistons have fallen below .500 in their loss to the Miami Heat

Venomous88
02-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Why hasnt a thread about this been made?

Pistons fall below .500. Convincing win by the Heat

Wade
31 points (11-20)
16 assist (Career High)
7 rebounds

The Heat looked great tonight. If they could get a run going, they could be a potential spoiler in the playoffs. I'm just hoping they beat the Hawks for that 4th seed so they can get Home Court Advantage.

Vinny642
02-25-2009, 03:40 AM
We get a crack at em tomorrow, lol who woulda thought... so sad

Vinny642
02-25-2009, 03:41 AM
Congrats Heat :D

KobeIs
02-25-2009, 03:45 AM
holy hell, they've lost 7 in a row

Vinny642
02-25-2009, 03:46 AM
dam 7?? crazy well 8 tomorrow then

Spurred1
02-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Sad-Dumars certainly didn't think this would happen when he made the trade. Oh well, Iverson's off the books soon, and they can retool.

zezak
02-25-2009, 05:55 AM
dam 7?? crazy well 8 tomorrow then

Yup their in trouble. CP3 is going to tear apart their d just like DWade did tonight. Possible 10 game losing streak for them?

MossIsBoss
02-25-2009, 07:07 AM
ai has ruined detroit

Chronz
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM
Is Durtee ******** bricks? I think so

cambovenzi
02-25-2009, 08:15 AM
when in doubt, blame it all on AI.:rolleyes:
haha ;)

EX-TREME
02-25-2009, 08:16 AM
i hope we make it a 9 game losing streak when we face them at home.

LesterCyYoung
02-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Horrible trade for the Pistons. Allen Iverson wrecked that team and this will have effects on him on the free agent market. I wonder what team will want him now knowing what happened with the Pistons??

Kakaroach
02-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Man Joe Dumars must feel like crap right about now. I mean, its kind of sad the way the Pistons have gone completely out of wack. PUT AI ON THE BENCH ALREADY CURRY!!

LesterCyYoung
02-25-2009, 09:27 AM
They should start Hamilton and put Iverson on the bench to try to mix things up because nothing is working right now. This was a team last year that won 59 games and were in the confrence finals and now there uner .500 and battling for a playoff spot. I guess Chauncy Billups meant a lot more to that team then even we thought he did.

JordansBulls
02-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Why the hell are they still starting Iverson?

HOZ THE KNICK
02-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Why the hell are they still starting Iverson?
out of respect.

JayW_1023
02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
out of respect.

Because Iverson still thinks he is a full-time performer. I'd say, now that the team has blown up anyway...might as well bench Iverson and put up with his complaining.

With a chip on his shoulder AI might actually start playing well.

b_rad23
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
After yesterday's game, my opinion is that Sheed, Stuckey and everyone but Tayshaun are pretty ineffective. AI was probably the best player on their team yesterday, maybe behind McDyess, who at this point is nothing more than a role player. Amir Johnson is nothing, Maxiel is just a big body. They don't have much going on. Chauncey made his teammates better, Stuckey does not. I think Stuckey is the problem not AI. I also think they'll come back strong next year with all that cap room.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Because Iverson still thinks he is a full-time performer. I'd say, now that the team has blown up anyway...might as well bench Iverson and put up with his complaining.

With a chip on his shoulder AI might actually start playing well.i think iverson said he's not coming off the bench

JayW_1023
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
i think iverson said he's not coming off the bench

Well if he truly wants to win like he says, he'll make that sacrifice. That's what winning takes...sacrifice personal glory over winning team basketball.

RIP is just more suited as starter now because he needs a talented first unit to maximize his off the ball scoring skills.

If AI comes off the bench he would have the green light to shoot and shoot some more. It's the only way to turn this season around and at least grab a playoff seed.

But as of now, the Pistons are prolly better off in the lottery anyway.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Well if he truly wants to win like he says, he'll make that sacrifice. That's what winning takes...sacrifice personal glory over winning team basketball.

RIP is just more suited as starter now because he needs a talented first unit to maximize his off the ball scoring skills.

If AI comes off the bench he would have the green light to shoot and shoot some more. It's the only way to turn this season around and at least grab a playoff seed.

But as of now, the Pistons are prolly better off in the lottery anyway.
i agree they should have just kept billups.

durtee
02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes I am sh!!tting bricks. This is truly unbelievable. Also anyone that is trying to blame Iverson is really ignorant and has obviously not been paying attention or watching games.

Stuckey has been absolutely terrible and for some reason he continues to be in the game in the final minutes. Curry is the worst coach in the league and not one player on that team respects him. Sheed is a complete waist of a 7footer. He took 6 shots last night and 3 were from 3. They showed some crazy stat last night that 40% of Sheed's shots are from 3.....I didn't look it up to validate but if true that absolutely ridiculous. Rip, AI and McDyess are the Pistons best players right now. They had a great game plan going into the game by running the offense through Prince in the post and then soon went away from that. McDyess was by far their best player last night and the last 3 minutes of the game when it was a 7pt game, he was on the bench while they were running 3 guard sets. They still have the talent to make a run, but it won't happen because they just flat out quit.

I've said it before and I will say it again, AI should be coming off the bench. Not because Rip is a better player, but because it would fit his playing style playing with the 2nd unit and would give them a legitimate scoring threat off the bench. Also, I did watch an interview with AI and he said it would be hard for him to come off the bench, but he wants to do whatever it takes to win a championship....which is really what he should say.

lakers4sho
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Hornets and then Magic next

oh boy oh boy oh boy

lakers4sho
02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm telling ya Stuckey's a bit overrated.

durtee
02-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Piston fans have always known that at some point we were going to deal with not making the Eastern Conference Finals, but I don't think any of us expected the wheels to completely fall off the bus and roll right out of town. We knew that with the team we had last year that we couldn't get past the Celtics or Cavs, so a move needed to be made for the future.

At least we know that there is a means to the end. Sheed will finally be gone after this year. AI & his expiring contract will follow him out of town. Then we will have at least $20 million free this summer and I fully expect Joe D to make a run and Boozer, Bosh etc...

Big Zo
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
We talkin' 'bout Practice! Oh wait...

thedfactor
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
ai has ruined detroit
Completely incorrect. Iverson didn't call up Dumars and request a trade to Detroit you idiot. This is nothing about Iverson ruining the Pistons in any way. The Pistons front office made the move, not the players choice. Get it straight man, Detroit isn't the place for Iverson's game you should know that. The guy battled them most his career in Philly playing his style. He ends up in Detroit and people expect him to be Chauncey or better. That's ********.

still1ballin
02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Ever since they got Iverson, been down hill since. Can you say CANCER

BkOriginalOne
02-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Iverson should be coming off the bench - and I suprised Curry Still has a job.

theimortalone
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't believe how bad that Billups/AI trade really was! shocking. :speechless:

todu82
02-25-2009, 12:07 PM
How the mighty have fallen. I thought that acquiring A.I. would help Detroit compete with Boston and Cleveland for supremacy in the East, boy was I wrong.

SeoulBeatz
02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
**** IVERSON...durrrrr

hes a thug, hes selfish,practice? hell na!!! ...durrrr

too many ignorant fans on this board.
i bet none of them have seen the pistons games, they just point the finger at Iverson because well, thats the logical thing to do.

ive watched 15+ pistons games this season and everytime i watch im always in awe of how bad their playcalling has been.

and if anything, iverson has been the most consistent and best player on that team.

Stuckey is playing like trash, sorry but the dude cant hit a jumpshot, put him on the bench till next season and let rip start. Stuckey needs to learn the nuances of the game before he can be the leading PG for this team.

Prince and Sheed are playing with no heart,

and i dunno what the fuss is about with Amir Johnson. He seems like he will be a solid Udonis Haslem type at best but some people think he'll be more but, nah aint gonna happen.

Maxiell has been playing O.K but he has been a bust this season after the strides he made last season.

i dunno what it is with this team but Iverson seems to be the ONLY BRIGHTSPOT on this roster.

The coaching on the other hand, is a whole nother story.

so watch the team play before you pass further judgement.

Raidaz4Life
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I wonder if Denver said "no trade backs...":surrender:

WadeCounty
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
AI should show up to practice to get some more team chemistry :P

JJ81
02-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Can you blame them? They got cancer last year.

Tony_Starks
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
FIRE MICHAEL CURRY ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

His rotations are horrible and inconsistent. His offense is trash, they basically take turns going 1 on 1 also known as the Isiah Thomas offense. He is under the weird idea that Stuckey is a starter over Rip Hamilton. This dude is the pits!

How far down are they going to let them slide before they drop the hammer on this dude?

Skin&Bones
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Its more of the coaches fault. Iverson too but mainly its the coach.

kriviant
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
"How the hell am I going to make my teammates better through practice?!"

I was at the game last night and Iverson seemed like the only person doing anything. Even though for the first half he was missing every other shot he took. The pistons were looking good when they were running the ball through A.I., Hamilton would come off a screen and get the ball which left McDyess open and McDyess would make the shot. Then they decided to stop running those plays, which were working every time.

Great game for D-Wade and the Heat though. Nice bounce back after that horrible game they had against the magic. Also I am now 10-0 for Heat Games this season. Clearly I'm their lucky charm.v:D

The Ooh Child
02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
They traded for Iverson to free up cap space for 2010, not because they thought bringing in Iverson was going to win them more games. Dumars effectively blew his team up and still had a star in Iverson to keep butts in seats. If this works out for the Pistons, Joe D is going to have a lot of you eating your words.

Master Mind
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Should have never fired Flip...

Missing56&33
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
good -the more teams fall out of the playoff race the better the knicks chances of making the playoffs

Wilson
02-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Why hasnt a thread about this been made?

Pistons fall below .500. Convincing win by the Heat

Wade
31 points (11-20)
16 assist (Career High)
7 rebounds

The Heat looked great tonight. If they could get a run going, they could be a potential spoiler in the playoffs. I'm just hoping they beat the Hawks for that 4th seed so they can get Home Court Advantage.

I like that you named the thread "Pistons fall below .500", but then made your post all abou the Heat :p

Horrible trade for the Pistons. Allen Iverson wrecked that team and this will have effects on him on the free agent market. I wonder what team will want him now knowing what happened with the Pistons??

I wouldn't think that this will affect his value on the market too much. Iverson is still a great player, he just doesn't fit with Detroit. I said when they made the trade that him and Rip won't mesh, and Iverson doesn't have any defense, so he's not fitting in with two of the Pistons greatest strengths.

I think he can still contribute to a winning team, he just needs to be in a system where he can attack all the time like Kobe or Wade...

lakersfan211
02-25-2009, 01:46 PM
they dont even wanna fire michael curry man i would give his *** the axe , i would go after a more experienced coach maybe a jeff van gundy .

lakersfan211
02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
if the knicks even do make they are one and done.

Lost Art
02-25-2009, 01:49 PM
The Pistons have been one of the worst teams in the NBA since the Iverson trade............man they have fallen a long way :pity:

Nexus
02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
On a side note for fans of teams not in the playoffs in the east: Philly has lost 4 in a row.

IndyRealist
02-25-2009, 02:13 PM
And the Oscar for best post in thread goes to....

"How the hell am I going to make my teammates better through practice?!"

I was at the game last night and Iverson seemed like the only person doing anything. Even though for the first half he was missing every other shot he took. The pistons were looking good when they were running the ball through A.I., Hamilton would come off a screen and get the ball which left McDyess open and McDyess would make the shot. Then they decided to stop running those plays, which were working every time.

Great game for D-Wade and the Heat though. Nice bounce back after that horrible game they had against the magic. Also I am now 10-0 for Heat Games this season. Clearly I'm their lucky charm.v:D

I'm thoroughly convinced that Billups made up for the lack of coaching from the staff. Detroit has no control over the players, no idea what plays to call, and no one has the cajones to tell AI he needs to come off the bench. The next logical step would then be to have Stuckey come off the bench, but of course that would involve having the cajones to tell Joe Dumars he was wrong. Things are a mess in motown.

Steely McBeam
02-25-2009, 02:13 PM
i actually thought that trade was really going to benefit the pistons but im watching these piston games and it seems AI has lost a step along with sheed, mcdyse and hamilton

Wilson
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
i actually thought that trade was really going to benefit the pistons but im watching these piston games and it seems AI has lost a step along with sheed, mcdyse and hamilton

It's just chemistry. The Pistons team worked so well because everyone was involved. The back-court, in particular was fantastic because you had Billups who can create for himself if he needs to, but his first instinct is to pass. That suited Hamilton well because he's always open coming off two or three screens.

The Pistons had a lot of possesions where everyone touched the ball, everyone was involved in the offense.

With Iverson, they suddenly have a guy who's dominating the ball and taking a lot of shots.

They also lose their defensive ability in the back court. With Billups, they had a strong guy to play next to the faster, more athletic Hamilton. Now they just have Hamilton, who can be outmuscled, and Iverson who can't really do much back there.

Lastly, the whole team was really close off the court. Billups provided a lot of leadership and chemistry in the locker room as well, and I think they really miss that.

I think Iverson, Hamilton, Sheed and Dice still have a lot to offer, they're just not in the right situation anymore. Hamilton, in particular, would be an absolutely perfect fit for New Orleans or Utah (among others), playing alongside those pass first PGs.

Sheed and McDyess are guys I wouldn't mind having with the Lakers, because they can still bring leadership and tenacity to a team. They just need to be put back into the right situation.

Here's an example. Mo Williams signed his contract a couple of years ago (can't remember exactly when it was, sorry), and people were saying he gets too much, he's not worth it and he's over-rated. Then this season he plays next to LeBron, and an awful lot of people were angry he wasn't in the all-star game.

Billups was the glue for the Pistons, so without him it's just falling apart.