PDA

View Full Version : Instead of Amare and Shaq, why don't the Suns try to deal Nash this offseason?

mattyice
02-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Makes no sense to me. Sure Nash is aging but im sure there would be a taker out there. Amare's a top 10 big man in the league and only 26. Of course Nash's leadership, especially from the point guard is difficult to come by, but so is Amare's skill set.

theimortalone
02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Makes no sense to me. Sure Nash is aging but im sure there would be a taker out there. Amare's a top 10 big man in the league and only 26. Of course Nash's leadership, especially from the point guard is difficult to come by, but so is Amare's skill set.

Because Nash is the only PG that can run the Suns on this current team. We need to sign a big name pg before we trade Nash, otherwise this team goes to **** very quickly.

MilfHunter07
02-24-2009, 07:21 PM
isnt nash a f.a.? thats probably next year, isnt it?

FOBolous
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
1. Amare's a risk. He's good...yes...but his health and future is questionable. no1 knows for sure how long his micrafracture surgeried knees can hold on and how long (or short) his career will be due to the surgery. If his knees flare up again than it's game over because he relies on his athletisim a long when he plays. I guess Pheonix want to trade him now while he's still healthy and good so they'll get something good in return instead of waiting until he gets injured again cause if he gets injured...it's going to be hard to trade him. Kinda like Tmac and the Rockets...the Rockets know Tmac has very questionable health from the beginning but decided to risk it and keep him and than yeea...you know the rest of the story.

2. Shaq is older than Nash and he's already on the decline

3. Nash is the engine of Pheonix's offense. Without Nash, the offense won't run nearly as well.

theimortalone
02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
isnt nash a f.a.? thats probably next year, isnt it?

Yeah, he is a FA in 2010. Shaq Amare and Nash all come off the books in 2010.