PDA

View Full Version : Bring Nash to T.O. ASAP

The_905
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Instead of waiting till Nash's contract is up in 2010 don't you guys feel that BC should make a push this off season to acquire him via trade? We would get him a year younger (he is getting up there in age, but still has some game left), and it would ensure a Marion resigning which I think we can all agree as being an integral part of our new look run and gun offense. Can you guys even fathom how nasty a team run by Captain Canada would be where he can bring out the absolute best out of Bosh, Bargnani, Marion (again) and (insert FA here).

Do you guys make a play for nash now or would you hold onto calderon for another season and see if he has the ability to run an up tempo style?

Honest Truth
02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
What makes you think we will get him at all, this season or ever? I don't think Nash to Toronto is even remotely close to a sure thing. Would I trade for him and his large contract in the off-season? Probably not. We have Calderon as a starting PG and I would not give up Calderon for Nash. I would sign him as a back up PG once he is a free agent though.

The_905
02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
What makes you think we will get him at all, this season or ever? I don't think Nash to Toronto is even remotely close to a sure thing. Would I trade for him and his large contract in the off-season? Probably not. We have Calderon as a starting PG and I would not give up Calderon for Nash. I would sign him as a back up PG once he is a free agent though.

1. Are you serious with that first comment dude? He has gone as record as saying he would love nothing more then to retire as a raptor.

2. Nash @ 12 million with a year left and his still serious game is not a blown up contract at all, especially when you have Jason Kidd making 22 mill. At any rate, by acquiring Nash this off season don't you feel that he's worth it alone with being able to interest a quality free agent as well as making it easier and cheaper to resign Marion who would love to hook up with Nash again and oh ya I bet Bosh wouldn't mind coming back if Nash is running the point either.

JermanJaysFan
02-24-2009, 06:43 PM
1. Are you serious with that first comment dude? He has gone as record as saying he would love nothing more then to retire as a raptor.

2. Nash @ 12 million with a year left and his still serious game is not a blown up contract at all, especially when you have Jason Kidd making 22 mill. At any rate, by acquiring Nash this off season don't you feel that he's worth it alone with being able to interest a quality free agent as well as making it easier and cheaper to resign Marion who would love to hook up with Nash again and oh ya I bet Bosh wouldn't mind coming back if Nash is running the point either.
I think that this is a stretch. I don't think he ever spoke so strongly on the topic. He said that he likes Phoenix. He said that, naturally, if thinks don't work out in Phoenix, his home country is a place he would be interested in playing. He also expressed New York as a destination that would interest him. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am fairly certain he never spoke more seriously about Toronto than that.

The_905
02-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I may have exaggerated a little when stating he would love nothing more then to retire a rap but he has on a couple occasions talked about making the move to toronto and playing his career out.

B2theRY
02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
raps will not trade for nash.. they dont have the contracts to do it and i wouldnt trade Calderon for him.

dirtybird
02-24-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't understand the obsession with trying to remake the Phoenix Suns from their older and aging selves.

mjt20mik
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't understand the obsession with trying to remake the Phoenix Suns from their older and aging selves.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind Nash signing for a vet. minimum to play behind Calderon say in 2010, but I sure as heck wouldn't trade for him.

lorenz00
02-24-2009, 07:40 PM
nah will w8 for 2010 if he really wants to be a raptor

Bricklayer
02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
As much as I like Steve Nash I'm not a big fan of run and gun Basketball. It's entertaining for sure, but I have some serious doubts about it's effectiveness.

More shats!
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Lets hope Phoenix is dumb enough to pass up on his option for next year, that way he is a free agent and BC can sign him this summer.I would only sign him for the MLE and there is no way BC trades a 27 year old in Calderon for a 35 Nash, so free agency is the only option i see BC going after Nash.

ramz.n
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
without giving up bosh, bargnani and calderon....who do we have to offer?

Bob_at_york
02-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I may have exaggerated a little when stating he would love nothing more then to retire a rap but he has on a couple occasions talked about making the move to toronto and playing his career out.

I have heard Marion say that but I haven't heard Nash say that. I am curious, what kind of trade do you suggest we make for Nash?

certain fool
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
cash considerations. The owner is struggling. I'm not sure how the collective bargaining agreement works. But, If we can lighten his payroll and send some cash his way we might be able to buy him.

Bob_at_york
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
learn the basics of the collective bargining agreement.

The_905
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
cash considerations. The owner is struggling. I'm not sure how the collective bargaining agreement works. But, If we can lighten his payroll and send some cash his way we might be able to buy him.

To go off of that, MLSE did say that if the right opportunity presented itself that BC would be given the green light to go over the luxury tax.

This could give BC more options to acquire Nash, is there a big contract on phoenix that they would like to rid themselves of?

Real interesting vid albeit a little dated tut on the subject..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XA1YNmGqpM

certain fool
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
from what I understand the most that can be sent one way in a trade is 3million. Still something to play with.

ink
02-24-2009, 10:33 PM

I don't either.

I'm a huge Nash fan and I don't think it's a given at all that he'll play for Toronto.

Macedonian
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Jake Voskuhl for Steve Nash + cash

ink
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Jake Voskuhl for Steve Nash + cash

;) :laugh:

certain fool
02-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Its not so much about remaking the suns. but, that the suns are sellers. If we can get any of there assets for a discount, I say go for it.

torontosports10
02-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Or we could try to sign Marion and Hedo

kantarok
02-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Oh great another garbage extremely overrated point guard that cannot play defence

If this experiment didnt work in for the last 4 years why do u think it would work here with less options
Use your heads forum bloggers or else i will put there
I hope Colangelo isnt influenced by fans that do not know a thing about basketball.:mad:

Honest Truth
02-24-2009, 11:58 PM

I think you are letting your passion get ahead of common sense. 12 million for a 35 year old albeit, a good one, is too much for a team that has a good quality point guard already. I would love to have Nash play here but you will have to wait until he hits free agency and even at that, I would say that it is about 25% of his chances of joining us then.

pebloemer
02-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Its not so much about remaking the suns. but, that the suns are sellers. If we can get any of there assets for a discount, I say go for it.

The Suns were sellers at the deadline, but not for nothing. They also stated that the only untouchable on their roster is Nash... I think an offer involving Calderon would sway them otherwise as Calderon is much much younger, but that is the same reason I'd keep with Jose.

Regarding Nash coming to TO when his contract is over; the only post game interview I remember him talking about it in was after the most recent game against the Suns. When asked he said he would love to come to Toronto or New York if things with the Suns didn't work out but his top priority is Phoenix. He has friends and a community there etc. That was the gist. No of course he could be jsut saying that because he plays for Phoenix and it is good PR, but who knows what he is thinking.

Frank Costanza
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
I have heard Marion say that but I haven't heard Nash say that. I am curious, what kind of trade do you suggest we make for Nash?

hey bob has marion said that hed love to retire a rap, that would be huge, i know sometimes these guys say anything at the time and are coerced by the media and lead to answer in certain ways but if that was really said makes the raps a lot better moving forward

Bob_at_york
02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
hey bob has marion said that hed love to retire a rap, that would be huge, i know sometimes these guys say anything at the time and are coerced by the media and lead to answer in certain ways but if that was really said makes the raps a lot better moving forward

I haven't heard Marion say that but to be honest I haven't been listening to as many interviews. I just heard him talking about Nash in passing last week.

LanceUpperCut
02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Nash is great but I say wait until 2010 unless the sun's want to get rid of him for nothing which I doubt.We still need a slasher who can go to the net and run more than we need a PG I like the duo of JC and Roko thier both young and have two diffrent style's so let's just give them time to improve.But with that said NAsh has alway's been one of my favorite's and the city of TO would love it.