PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Best P.A. announcer in the NBA.

Nadhi1
02-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I think miami has a great one also boston and atlanta.

still1ballin
02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Why only two choices? Well my vote goes for Lawrence Tanter. His voice is epic! The dude from Miami is annoying and has tons of cheesy lines. Everytime Shaq would dunk when he was with the Heat, the guy would scream DISEL POWER! LIKE WTH?

bahama0811
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Detroit's and Denver's

leftie5
The Cleveland Cavaliers P.A. announcer.

Theanswer76
wth how are you just gonna put up two

what54!?
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
my vote goes to detroit. (not gonna be a homer here miami's P.A. announcer is ok)

durtee
02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah I don't understand how you only put up two and am curious how you came up with those two. I might be bias but give me John Mason (Pistons), none better than him.

Nadhi1
02-24-2009, 02:27 PM
wth how are you just gonna put up two
sorry forgot and clevland has a good pa announcer 2

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
my vote goes to detroit. (not gonna be a homer here miami's P.A. announcer is ok)

x2

Nexus
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers P.A. announcer.

Seriously? I would put them for worst. Oh, nvm, I'm thinking commentators.

JordansBulls
02-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Nowadays I have no idea. But back in the day Ray Clay was good.

TheShock45
02-24-2009, 02:58 PM
when we do the worst PA announcer i must ask you to put the name Matt Cord on there, he' the announcer for the sixers and he is absolutely horrible

IDB Josh M
02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Why only two choices? Well my vote goes for Lawrence Tanter. His voice is epic! The dude from Miami is annoying and has tons of cheesy lines. Everytime Shaq would dunk when he was with the Heat, the guy would scream DISEL POWER! LIKE WTH?

Agreed. Lawrence Tanter's voice is on par with the movie guy's voice.

Off topic, but along the same lines. I think Johnny Most (Chic Hearn's Boston Celtic's counterpart) was the better fan than Chic. Johnny was the epitome of typical Boston Celtics fan, too brainwashed to see his teams flaws.

Flash812
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
PA anouncer IDK, but best MC has to go to the hornets Rob Nice. The dude is great at what he does and was invited to the last 2 All-Star games.

DLeeicious
02-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Detroits is so damn annoying. DE-TROIT BASKET-BALL. I hate that guy. Probably because I hate the Pistons. :)

BTownTeamsRKing
02-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I like our Boston guy for 2 reasons. 1, hes ours and i got used to him and 2, he says almost nothing except when we score or foul or etc. no random stupidity

the cleveland guy makes me want to throw a brick at my TV. SHUT UP. i cant get over this, "Gimme a C! Gimme an A!, Gimme a V! wats that spell? GO F yourself!
sounds like an 8th grade cheerleader or something.

any PA guy who has to tell the crowd to chant defense = TERRIBLE. "Alright, fans we need some defense, LETS HERE IT, Defense - silence, Defense - silence, Defense - faint defense chant.

thephoenixson28
02-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't know if your talking about radio station or tv station but not to be bias but I would say phoenix. I like al mcoy with the radio station,and eddie johnson on the tv station. I hate scott williams as our commentator on the tv station.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Detroits is so damn annoying. DE-TROIT BASKET-BALL. I hate that guy. Probably because I hate the Pistons. :)

Chauncey Bi-bi-bi-BILLUPTS! i kinda liked it tho even tho Im a Boston Fan.

mkool65
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I love John Mason (Detroit) obviously I am very biased but I got to meet him on a couple of occasions and he is one of the nicest and funniest guys I have ever met. I love his intros to. And I definately agree about PA announcers doing chants, that is just dumb.

Nikolishin
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
mason is the best and not on the poll

magichatnumber9
02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
the guy who does the Pistons is a A-clown

Frrrrank!!!
02-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Boston has the best.

The most annoying is Detroit. I can't stand that guy.:mad:

IDB Josh M
02-24-2009, 04:41 PM

MC: Detroit ....

Crowd: Basketball!

Cheesey. We got that alot in 2004 finals. -_________-

Nets fan 93
02-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I like Detriots.
Miami's guy is annoying and the C's guy thinks he is the coolest guy around

redhorse
02-24-2009, 05:31 PM
i dont know his name but i like the knicks announcer...."DAV-ID LEEEEE!!!"

MAC10TIZZY
02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
the old school magic p.a. would put everyone to shame.............thunder sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sacgiants1213
02-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I like scott moak of the kings. The PA announcer for the Nets is also cool IMO. Love it wen he says, 'Did you see..VC?'

redhorse
02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I like scott moak of the kings. The PA announcer for the Nets is also cool IMO. Love it wen he says, 'Did you see..VC?'

the nets announcer has his moments though where he is like lost.... sometimes he would say the names as if hes asking a question.... "devin harris?" "vince carter"

sacgiants1213
02-24-2009, 05:52 PM
the nets announcer has his moments though where he is like lost.... sometimes he would say the names as if hes asking a question.... "devin harris?" "vince carter"

yeah idk, i think that's pretty cool. 'Vince carter from jkidd.'

shonk688
02-24-2009, 06:03 PM
The pacers PA guy say three different thing when someone hits a three. Some times he says home run sometime downtown and then just Threeeeee. The 3 that get on my nerves the most are Cleveland, Miami and the pistons.

Frrrrank!!!
02-24-2009, 06:14 PM
I like our Boston guy for 2 reasons. 1, hes ours and i got used to him and 2, he says almost nothing except when we score or foul or etc. no random stupidity

the cleveland guy makes me want to throw a brick at my TV. SHUT UP. i cant get over this, "Gimme a C! Gimme an A!, Gimme a V! wats that spell? GO F yourself!
sounds like an 8th grade cheerleader or something.

any PA guy who has to tell the crowd to chant defense = TERRIBLE. "Alright, fans we need some defense, LETS HERE IT, Defense - silence, Defense - silence, Defense - faint defense chant.

x2

TheHoopsProphet
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM

Heck no, hes one of the worst. Its so arrogant the way he announces the game, like whenever the lakers make a bucket, he expresses his tone in a very anticlimactic way, theres no enthusiasm in his voice, its so monotonic. As if implying, "we're the staples center, making shots is what we do, I dont need to get excited about them". I guess it fits in with the whole mantra of the staples center, as college students can study in there. My vote goes to The Nets P.A. announcer.

GunFactor187
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
John Mason FTW fools!!!

Kyle N.
02-25-2009, 12:09 AM
The Cavs' guy is horrible and Miami's is hella annoying (2 minutes, dos!). You don't hear much from the Kings' annoucer because the Kings don't do much scoring. He's pretty good though. He can make Beno sound like a hard ***. That's not easy to do.

Big Zo
02-25-2009, 12:18 AM
The best is definitely Miami's Michael Baiamonte. He does a great job at annoying the opposing team.

Wilson
02-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Miami's really irritates me. Whenever Wade scores he goes "DUHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!". Even if they're down 20 with two minutes left. It gets really irritating.

Lawrence Tanter of the Lakers is awesome though. He doesn't go overboard, he just lets the exciting plays happen without acting like a clown over the sound system.

still1ballin
02-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Miami's really irritates me. Whenever Wade scores he goes "DUHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!". Even if they're down 20 with two minutes left. It gets really irritating.

Lawrence Taylor of the Lakers is awesome though. He doesn't go overboard, he just lets the exciting plays happen without acting like a clown over the sound system.

Tanter*

But yeah the Miami guy is hella annoying!......Funny when like they're losing big time, after the time out he goes STAND UP!!! AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! FOR YOUR MIIIAAAAMI HEAT! ....He has so many nicknames for the players, like I said in my previous post, he use to call shaq "Disel Power" lmao!

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
02-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Dude, the lakers guy. back in the day in most NBA video games he was the announcer. he has a crazy voice

Big Zo
02-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Tanter*

But yeah the Miami guy is hella annoying!......Funny when like they're losing big time, after the time out he goes STAND UP!!! AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! FOR YOUR MIIIAAAAMI HEAT! ....He has so many nicknames for the players, like I said in my previous post, he use to call shaq "Disel Power" lmao!

That was only when Shaq got an assist. He would say the name of the player that scored follwed by "Diesel powered."

cubsbullsbears
02-25-2009, 01:28 AM
gotta be clevelands, sacramentos isnt far behind

Wilson
02-25-2009, 01:29 AM
Tanter*

Thanks for the heads up :p

I remember him doing that stand up thing at points last season when the arena was empty as well, it was just terrible.

Meanwhile, I don't think I'm making friends with any Heat fans at the moment :p

BTownTeamsRKing
02-25-2009, 01:35 AM
John Mason FTW fools!!!

Mason is cool becuz hes very original. the rest that attempt his style are just pathetic.

dre1990
02-25-2009, 01:38 AM
John Mason DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKETTTTTTTBBBBB BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL L