PDA

View Full Version : If an 8th seed is ever to win the championship ....

JordansBulls
02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
If an 8th seed is ever to win the championship I would think that the Utah Jazz this year if the seedings remain the way they are would have the best shot of any?

They have a very good team especially now with Boozer back and Millsap playing the way he has been.

I'm not sure they would win the title this year or anything, but they would probably have the best shot to do so over any other 8th seeded team thus far in NBA History and the reason I say them is because they have a good coach and they are a young team as well.

The only other 8th seeded teams IMO that had a shot were the 1998 Rockets or 1999 Knicks.

If not, what other 8th seeded teams do you think have had a better shot?

jimbobjarree
02-24-2009, 11:22 AM
we aint gunna finnish 8th mate, we are equal 6th seed and one of the only western teams at full health (yayyyy finalllyyyyy), I think definatly top 5

JordansBulls
02-24-2009, 11:23 AM
we aint gunna finnish 8th mate, we are equal 6th seed and one of the only western teams at full health (yayyyy finalllyyyyy), I think definatly top 5

Yeah I think they have a great shot to finish higher, but I was just saying if the seedings remained what they are now that Utah would have a great chance to make history.

lakers4sho
02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Pistons if they can get their act together right before playoff starts.

I doubt they'll stay 8th though.

JordansBulls
02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Pistons if they can get their act together right before playoff starts.

I doubt they'll stay 8th though.

True, the Pistons would have a great shot as well. Maybe they just want to fly completely under the radar.

jimbobjarree
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah I think they have a great shot to finish higher, but I was just saying if the seedings remained what they are now that Utah would have a great chance to make history.

ahh yeah then fair enough. I dont think people got how close the series was between the jazz and lakers last year. Each game was close going into the last 2 or so minutes, and we were a missed last second 3 by Williams away from a 7th game...we can definatly compete with the Lakers if we got our road act together slightly...but of course they would still be heavy favorites I'm sure

JordansBulls
02-24-2009, 11:30 AM
ahh yeah then fair enough. I dont think people got how close the series was between the jazz and lakers last year. Each game was close going into the last 2 or so minutes, and we were a missed last second 3 by Williams away from a 7th game...we can definatly compete with the Lakers if we got our road act together slightly...but of course they would still be heavy favorites I'm sure

Both teams overall have gotten better this year, so it would be a good series. I think Utah would really need to win all of there home games in that series to have a shot.

Missing56&33
02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
not utah :pity:

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-24-2009, 12:58 PM
09 redo

Nexus
02-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I've watched their last few games and been really impressed. And their depth over the course of the season has been palpable. I don't know if I see them upsetting the Lakers from eighth, but I can definitely see Sloan setting them up nicely against any other team.

Drtino
02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, Knicks came close... so you never know, never say never.

Nexus
02-24-2009, 02:36 PM
It just occurred to me what I wanted to say: why the **** didn't they trade Boozer? Is it not a fact he's going to opt out? Imagine just any sort of Miller/Salmons, Artest/Scola, Outlaw/anyone, Carter/anyone, Jefferson/anyone or even Marion/Beasley (maybe with a pick or a certainty of Boozer resigning) package going the other way. With Utah's stability, depth and defence, an extra weapon could really put them over the top:

Williams/Price/Knight
Carter/Brewer/Korver
CJ Miles/Kirilenko/Harpring
Millsap/Anderson
Okur/Koufos/Collins

Williams/Price/Knight
Brewer/Korver/Almond
Artest/CJ Miles/Kirilenko/Harpring
Millsap/Scola/Kirilenko
Okur/Koufos/Collins

what54!?
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
no they won't beat the lakers in a seven game series. Kobe wouldn't allow that to happen

prash
02-24-2009, 03:10 PM
As long as I am alive, I DO NOT want to ever see the Utah Jazz win an NBA Championship.

ARMIN12NBA
02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Utah won't be able to beat the Lakers in the first round though...

theimortalone
02-24-2009, 05:41 PM
As long as I am alive, I DO NOT want to ever see the Utah Jazz win an NBA Championship.

:speechless: Why such harsh words? :confused:

Kakaroach
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I would also say the Jazz have had the best chance if they stay the 8th seed, which will not happen. They will move up into the Top 5 by the end of the season.

Hellcrooner
02-24-2009, 05:57 PM
any 8th in the west this year (suns, mavs, hornets, jazz, Nuggets) can win it all.