PDA

View Full Version : Orlando takes Alston over Jamaal Tinsley?

HoosierDaddy
02-24-2009, 10:18 AM
According to espn, the Magic passed on Jamaal Tinsley. I can't believe it. Jamaal is much better point guard than Rafer Alston and would give Orlando a chance to win the championship. looks like the Pacers still have Jamaal. If Bird just let Jamaal be apart of the team and maybe hardly play him, he'd be gone by now. Everbody thinks he's a cancer to teams because Bird won't even let him near Indianapolis. Even players that are in the doghouse on other teams are allowed in the lockerroom and on the bench...

Rafer Alston is in no way are a good starting point guard

See below from ESPN

1. ORLANDO MAGIC

Positive Spin: The combination of Tyronn Lue and Anthony Johnson just wasn't going to cut it. Rafer Alston gives Orlando a legit point guard to handle the team while Jameer Nelson sits out the rest of the season after shoulder surgery. Alston's contract is guaranteed for only $2.5 million next year.

Negative Spin: The Magic had to give up a first-round pick, which hurts. It's still highly doubtful that -- even with Alston -- this team can beat the Celtics and/or Cavs in a seven-game series. And I'm told they passed on a deal for a better point guard: Jamaal Tinsley. :confused:

JNore151
02-24-2009, 12:27 PM
According to espn, the Magic passed on Jamaal Tinsley. I can't believe it. Jamaal is much better point guard than Rafer Alston and would give Orlando a chance to win the championship. looks like the Pacers still have Jamaal. If Bird just let Jamaal be apart of the team and maybe hardly play him, he'd be gone by now. Everbody thinks he's a cancer to teams because Bird won't even let him near Indianapolis. Even players that are in the doghouse on other teams are allowed in the lockerroom and on the bench...

Rafer Alston is in no way are a good starting point guard

See below from ESPN

1. ORLANDO MAGIC

Positive Spin: The combination of Tyronn Lue and Anthony Johnson just wasn't going to cut it. Rafer Alston gives Orlando a legit point guard to handle the team while Jameer Nelson sits out the rest of the season after shoulder surgery. Alston's contract is guaranteed for only $2.5 million next year.

Negative Spin: The Magic had to give up a first-round pick, which hurts. It's still highly doubtful that -- even with Alston -- this team can beat the Celtics and/or Cavs in a seven-game series. And I'm told they passed on a deal for a better point guard: Jamaal Tinsley. :confused:

idk the situation over in indiana but from what i highlighted he must really be a disturbence....id take alston bcuz who knows if tinsley is even in shape, alston is already used to playing with a dominant center...alston is really really excited to be in orlando....botttom line tinsley hasnt played in the nba for almost 2 full seasons...... besided rafer fits in perfectly in our sysytem and after this season rafer wont mind being a backup......tinsley seems like if he had a good run with ou this yr , he would bittttch about his mins next season, plus alston has a WAY better contract than tinsley.....

rapjuicer06
02-24-2009, 12:31 PM
you gotta be kidding me dude, rafer has come in and has picked everything up already. i love this guy

akmiller2
02-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Alston and Nelson play similar styles at PG, so I think he is a great fit. I'm from Indiana and everybody here has wanted Tinsley gone for a long time. Not only because of his cancerous attitude but also because he isn't that good. We didn't give up hardly anything to get Rafer either and he will be a cheap, effective back up next year. I don't think any of us will miss Brian Cook or the player we would get with a bottom five pick in the first round. I was pleasantly surprised with this trade.

rapjuicer06
02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
i've hated tinsley ever sense the bastard missed a lay in the sweet 16 or something in college...lay-up to win the game, and he missed.........bastard!

chad78
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
What people fail to relize is that we gave up a first round draft pick for him but if for some reason vasquez comes over from spain, its just like having a first round draft pick this year anyway.

Sandman
02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Alston also has experience w/ SVG

mightymouse407
02-24-2009, 05:25 PM
What people fail to relize is that we gave up a first round draft pick for him but if for some reason vasquez comes over from spain, its just like having a first round draft pick this year anyway.

LOL 'if for some reason vasquez comes over from spain' thats a joke, he said he wanted to but do you think I believe that. NO it was a wasted draft pick just let it go and except that he probably wont ever play in the NBA. but alston has picked the team back up and have us looking like a championship contender we looked horrible with johnson and lue running the show im glad otis was smart enough to realize that wouldnt work

MagicBucsSox
02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
man alston is the best pg we had since francis, he's better than nelson by far. its a great deal

tugboat424
02-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Skip is in no way a better point guard for this team than Nelson - You really think we're better off with Skip than Nelson?

HoosierDaddy
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Skip to my lue is tight, but he's not a good starting point guard. Why do you guys think you got him for so cheap. You may wish you had an upgrade when the celtics get Starbuy.

PS . even espn says tinsley's better than skip to my lue

MagicBucsSox
02-24-2009, 10:30 PM
we got him cheap because he's 33yo and he is better than nelson, because offensive theyre even but skip is a way better defender therefore he's better

like im curious since when did jameer nelson become a great pg? someone tell me?he's not even a top 10 pg, lets stop acting as if he's deron willams. the team shouldve traded him yr ago before they re' up.

tugboat424
02-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Skip is a good stop-gap until we get Jameer back. I would say Jameer became a great pg this year...since he made the all-star team. Skip cannot shoot. Jameer can shoot. As for the defense, Skip is bigger and most likely a better defender. But look at our defensive stats with Jameer - top 5 in the league. Can't be hurting us that badly. Nelson is faster and a better fit for us full time than Skip. If Skip is WAY better than Jameer, why didn't he make the all-star team?

KB24PG16
02-25-2009, 01:13 AM
i think alston is better anyways

DodgerBlue24
02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Rafer is not better then Nelson... Nelson turned into an all-star PG this season till he got hurt... Alston will in fact help this team though... His dribble is hard for even the best defenders to stop and his passes are on point... Watch him and Super man hook up your going to be shocked:speechless:.... Alston also played his college ball in my hometown at Fresno State... Love to have him here....

tmacsc2
03-02-2009, 12:57 AM
I would take tinsley over alston.....and im a rockets fan....i hated rafer most of the games i watched!

EX-TREME
03-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I would take tinsley over alston.....and im a rockets fan....i hated rafer most of the games i watched!

really?? i would prefer alston over tinsley.

NYCkid12
03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
magicbux u r crazy....skip is no way better than jameer...thinkk back to the biig shots nelson hit in those playoff type games vs the lakers & cavs...skip doesnt do that for you..he never did and never will...nelson finishes better to the hole than skip does...dont get wrong i love skip and love the deal..but we were closer to being title contenders with nelson

KnowYourRank24
03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Alston actually plays though, I haven't seen Tinsely all year....

Alston>>>Tinsely