PDA

View Full Version : Midseason Rookie Grades Part II

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Grades for all of the rookies that I missed in Part I are in. Includes: Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, D.J. Augustin, Jason Thompson, Anthony Randolph, Mario Chalmers, Marreese Speights and Joe Alexander. Though you probably don't want to read the Alexander section if you're a Bucks fan.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/02/23/midseason-rookie-grades-part-ii/

Let me know what you think.

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 03:28 AM
I think you graded Augustin too low. I've watched a good amount of him this year and he's been very impressive. When he starts, he averages 20 points and 6 assists a game. He's proved to be one the Bobcats best shooters (41% from 3), and is lightning quick. Another thing, is he's very smart with the ball and doesn't try to do too much like a lot of young point guards. I'd give him a B so far this season. If he was starting like Rose and Westbrook are, he'd be getting similar numbers. Another plus...he shoots 90% from the FT line.

GoatMilk
02-24-2009, 03:35 AM
I love EJ, he's Ray Allen

Kyle N.
02-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Most of those are pretty fair.

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2009, 03:37 AM
I think you are forgetting about Danilo Gallinari. :p

sacgiants1213
02-24-2009, 03:38 AM
I definitely agree with JT. His versatility is just amazing. He can play the 3-5 yet i'd prefer if he stayed at the 4. He's got an amazing mid range J and he has some solid post moves. His foul troubles will continue to haunt them but he's a rookie this year and they are prone to fouls. Without the development of JT this whole season would be a wash for the kings. Glad we drafted him.

BarryIsInnocent
02-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Randolph is way better than a C+ or whatever he rated him. Hes young, but he plays with mad energy when he comes in and will be a superstar hybrid type PF that noone has seen the likes of before.

Kyle N.
02-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Randolph is way better than a C+ or whatever he rated him. Hes young, but he plays with mad energy when he comes in and will be a superstar hybrid type PF that noone has seen the likes of before.

You know we're holding you up to that.

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 07:02 PM
I think you are forgetting about Danilo Gallinari. :p

I graded Gallinari in Part I (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/02/21/midseason-rookie-grades-part-i/) of the rookie grades. Don't know if you'll be too happy with the grade though...

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I think you graded Augustin too low. I've watched a good amount of him this year and he's been very impressive. When he starts, he averages 20 points and 6 assists a game. He's proved to be one the Bobcats best shooters (41% from 3), and is lightning quick. Another thing, is he's very smart with the ball and doesn't try to do too much like a lot of young point guards. I'd give him a B so far this season. If he was starting like Rose and Westbrook are, he'd be getting similar numbers. Another plus...he shoots 90% from the FT line.

Knew I was going to have to face the music at some point on this. You watch Augustin a lot more often than I do.

In terms of what I've seen, Augustin brings to the table: great ball control, smart passing, good shot selection, good shooting percentages and a low turnover rate.

But on the flip side of that coin is what he takes off the table on defense. Which is a lot. If he was an uber-PG on offense, I'd be willing to forgive his debacle on the other end, but he's not an uber-PG yet.

I see your points, but I'm not ready to go above a C+ on him. Which is, I believe, just slightly higher than what I graded him in the article.

Joshtd1
02-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Good job.

Like the ranking of Hill :up:

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Knew I was going to have to face the music at some point on this. You watch Augustin a lot more often than I do.

In terms of what I've seen, Augustin brings to the table: great ball control, smart passing, good shot selection, good shooting percentages and a low turnover rate.

But on the flip side of that coin is what he takes off the table on defense. Which is a lot. If he was an uber-PG on offense, I'd be willing to forgive his debacle on the other end, but he's not an uber-PG yet.

I see your points, but I'm not ready to go above a C+ on him. Which is, I believe, just slightly higher than what I graded him in the article.

His defense really isn't that bad. He's very quick so he can stay in front of most point guards. He gas problems with bigger guards like Chauncey Billups and Baron Davis, who like to post up. But if his his defense was bad as you think it is, he would not be playing 27 mpg, Larry Brown wouldn't play him. Ask Adam Morrison about Larry Brown tolerating guys that don't defend. Another thing, is most rookies struggle on the defensive end, so I wouldn't say that Augustin is going to be a defensive liability his whole career (like Mike Bibby).

theuuord
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Joe Alexander isn't doing well right now, but give him a couple of years... In a surprising draft class, I still think he has the potential to be a great player. He's just not getting a lot of time right now.

VCaintdead17
02-24-2009, 07:31 PM
An F is a little much for Alexander

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 07:44 PM
His defense really isn't that bad. He's very quick so he can stay in front of most point guards. He gas problems with bigger guards like Chauncey Billups and Baron Davis, who like to post up. But if his his defense was bad as you think it is, he would not be playing 27 mpg, Larry Brown wouldn't play him. Ask Adam Morrison about Larry Brown tolerating guys that don't defend. Another thing, is most rookies struggle on the defensive end, so I wouldn't say that Augustin is going to be a defensive liability his whole career (like Mike Bibby).

Last time I watched Augustin, he got burned on three consecutive possessions by Kyle Lowry. And Lowry wasn't posting him up, he was blowing right by him on the way to the rim. It's not Augustin's speed that's the problem, it's his size and strength. Quickness is one thing, but getting a quick guy to seal off the path to the basket is another.

If he has a career like Bibby's, I'll consider that a good thing.

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
An F is a little much for Alexander

Name one thing (other than dunking) that Alexander does well on the basketball court.

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Last time I watched Augustin, he got burned on three consecutive possessions by Kyle Lowry. And Lowry wasn't posting him up, he was blowing right by him on the way to the rim. It's not Augustin's speed that's the problem, it's his size and strength. Quickness is one thing, but getting a quick guy to seal off the path to the basket is another.

If he has a career like Bibby's, I'll consider that a good thing.

That's one game though. And both of our PG's played like **** in that game. He's a rookie, he's not going to be spot on every night. Larry Brown ripped into both Felton and Augustin after that game. I've watched Augustin the whole year, and he has the chance to be very good.

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 07:48 PM
That's one game though. And both of our PG's played like **** in that game. He's a rookie, he's not going to be spot on every night. Larry Brown ripped into both Felton and Augustin after that game.

Alright, I can agree with that. Every player is entitled to a bad game. I'll watch him again soon and re-evaluate.

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Alright, I can agree with that. Every player is entitled to a bad game. I'll watch him again soon and re-evaluate.

I agree with most of what you say about him, he is undersized, but they said the same thing about Jameer Nelson, and he's an all star. I just think you are underrating him a bit.

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I agree with most of what you say about him, he is undersized, but they said the same thing about Jameer Nelson, and he's an all star. I just think you are underrating him a bit.

Nelson's a good comparison. He and Augustin are about the same size with similar abilities.

Nelson had a weird stop-start development though. Bad rookie season, above average second season, bad third season and then everything went up from there.

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
glad to see Marreese Speights getting some recognition.

the dude has been incredible, hes still getting inconsistent minutes but he gives his all.

his one knock coming out of the draft was his defense and his hustle.

But he hustles the MOST out of ANY player on the Sixers when hes on the court and looks to score whenever he has the ball, he is not a typical rookie by any stretch.

he has a killer instinct and a swagger and he plays very similar to Amare Stoudemire, a GREAT mid range shot, and hes def the best dunking big man in this class. No doubt about it. But unlike Amare, he at least tries to play defense and has had some ferocious blocks. He def has a long way to go but man the talent is there, its abundant.

I see at least a few all star games in the future for this kid.

he is a protypical PF with amazing athletic ability and has range out to the 3 point line, the kid is gonna be something. if you dont believe me, next time your team plays the sixers i gaurantee speights gets at least 2 huge dunks and 1 big block on you guys. count on it.

call me crazy, and hell yeah im jumpin the gun haha, but he gives the Sixers something to be excited about.

some proof for yall that dont know:

YOU GOTTA WATCH THESE MARREESE SPEIGHTS CLIPS TO SEE WHAT I MEAN

Speights showing just how good his touch is...he makes turnarounds, hook shots, 20 foot jumpers, he can do it all folks(summer league, but his jumpshot is undeniable)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOfFDPp00E

Huge block on Bobby Brown (shoulda finished the layup though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PbS8H6vtk&NR=1

Speights knocks a dude over for the and 1 SLAM!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CojEs7txPI

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 10:00 PM
glad to see Marreese Speights getting some recognition.

the dude has been incredible, hes still getting inconsistent minutes but he gives his all.

his one knock coming out of the draft was his defense and his hustle.

But he hustles the MOST out of ANY player on the Sixers when hes on the court and looks to score whenever he has the ball, he is not a typical rookie by any stretch.

he has a killer instinct and a swagger and he plays very similar to Amare Stoudemire, a GREAT mid range shot, and hes def the best dunking big man in this class. No doubt about it. But unlike Amare, he at least tries to play defense and has had some ferocious blocks. He def has a long way to go but man the talent is there, its abundant.

I see at least a few all star games in the future for this kid.

he is a protypical PF with amazing athletic ability and has range out to the 3 point line, the kid is gonna be something. if you dont believe me, next time your team plays the sixers i gaurantee speights gets at least 2 huge dunks and 1 big block on you guys. count on it.

call me crazy, and hell yeah im jumpin the gun haha, but he gives the Sixers something to be excited about.

some proof for yall that dont know:

Speights showing just how good his touch is...he makes turnarounds, hook shots, 20 foot jumpers, he can do it all folks(summer league, but his jumpshot is undeniable)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOfFDPp00E

Huge block on Bobby Brown (shoulda finished the layup though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PbS8H6vtk&NR=1

Speights knocks a dude over for the and 1 SLAM!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CojEs7txPI

By far the biggest Speights fan I've seen yet.

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2009, 10:04 PM
By far the biggest Speights fan I've seen yet.

yes sir man, yes sir. cant blame a guy for getting hype about the only bright spot on his team this season :)

oldenpolynice
02-24-2009, 10:10 PM
yes sir man, yes sir. cant blame a guy for getting hype about the only bright spot on his team this season :)

No, definitely not. I'm in the same boat as you man. Jason Thompson is our lone bright spot (besides Kevin Martin, I guess) in Sactown this season.

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
No, definitely not. I'm in the same boat as you man. Jason Thompson is our lone bright spot (besides Kevin Martin, I guess) in Sactown this season.

Spencer Hawes at the beginning of the year looked good and had me excited. But then he tapered off, now that he's starting at Center again hopefully he can be the Spencer we saw in the beginning of the year. Him and Thompson are developing a chemistry together, which is huge for the future.

what54!?
02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Speights is the sixers future. He showed me that twice against the heat

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2009, 10:21 PM

exactly.

respect to Jason cus that dude is a pretty unique player. only seen two sac town games this year but he showed great potential both times. hes like a guard in a pf's body

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 10:25 PM
exactly.

respect to Jason cus that dude is a pretty unique player. only seen two sac town games this year but he showed great potential both times. hes like a guard in a pf's body

Thompson reminds me a lot of Chris Webber. He can run the floor, has great hands, is active on the glass, and can hit the mid range shot. Thompson is also pretty quick in the post...sometimes too quick for his own good. He has the potential to be very very good.

SeoulBeatz
02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Thompson reminds me a lot of Chris Webber. He can run the floor, has great hands, is active on the glass, and can hit the mid range shot. Thompson is also pretty quick in the post...sometimes too quick for his own good. He has the potential to be very very good.

ah yeah thats a good comparison.

but thinking of C Webb upsets me, wish he coulda been that tagteam partner for AI but ah **** it aint worth it

what54!?
02-24-2009, 10:28 PM
robin lopez deserves an F

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
ah yeah thats a good comparison.

but thinking of C Webb upsets me, wish he coulda been that tagteam partner for AI but ah **** it aint worth it

Well you guys had the one-legged version of Webber.

Chronz
02-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Rookies are the players I know least about but in defense of Augustine's defense, the Bobcats rank 3rd in opposing PG's PER hard to say how much of this is attributable to Augustine because I dont watch the Bobcats at all, but when hes on the floor opposing PG's offensive efficiency is below league average and hes rated as their best defender among the PG's stats wise so its a positive sign but again it could be due to the defensive abilities of G-Force and Okafor. Hes no Westbrook thats for sure

Bucks_Packers
02-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Joe Alexander is 21 years old, give him some time. He barely gets any minutes so he comes cold off the bench, but he hustles. The Bucks didnt make a huge mistake, in fact, the previous draft is looking better and better with the excellent progression made by Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Joe Alexander is 21 years old, give him some time. He barely gets any minutes so he comes cold off the bench, but he hustles. The Bucks didnt make a huge mistake, in fact, the previous draft is looking better and better with the excellent progression made by Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

I agree that the Bucks got it right with Mbah a Moute. He's a tough kid and a very good defender. But Joe Alexander has showed me nothing on the court. For a 8th overall pick he has been lousy. We'll see next season, I guess, but I don't have high hopes for him.

SeoulBeatz
02-25-2009, 12:45 AM

I see potential in Alexander. He seems really raw though. Hes got nice athletic ability but his shot is nowhere near as good as i thought it was. I could see him developing into a poor mans Shawn Marion with all the leaping ability and all. He needs to work on his defense though to get out of the "poor mans" section.

theuuord
02-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Joe Alexander has a LOT of athletic/basketball ability. He'll be fine in this league once a team gives him a chance.

In such an outstanding first-year class we tend to forget that lots of players need a year or two to adjust. Alexander is that type of player.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 01:14 AM
I see potential in Alexander. He seems really raw though. Hes got nice athletic ability but his shot is nowhere near as good as i thought it was. I could see him developing into a poor mans Shawn Marion with all the leaping ability and all. He needs to work on his defense though to get out of the "poor mans" section.

He'd be a really, really poor man's version of Marion. Marion was pretty incredible even as a rookie (10.2 pts, 6.6 reb, 1.0 blk, 47.1% FG). Alexander is too tentative on defense to be an elite defender. The Marion comparison is quite a stretch.

DerekRE_3
02-25-2009, 01:19 AM
He'd be a really, really poor man's version of Marion. Marion was pretty incredible even as a rookie (10.2 pts, 6.6 reb, 1.0 blk, 47.1% FG). Alexander is too tentative on defense to be an elite defender. The Marion comparison is quite a stretch.

Well, before the draft I was really high on Alexander...so far I've been dead wrong. But not all players show how good they are going to be right away. Remember, Kevin Martin had a very forgettable rookie year and was left off the playoff roster. I wouldn't close the book on Alexander yet.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Well, before the draft I was really high on Alexander...so far I've been dead wrong. But not all players show how good they are going to be right away. Remember, Kevin Martin had a very forgettable rookie year and was left off the playoff roster. I wouldn't close the book on Alexander yet.

Valid point about Martin's rookie season. He was awful as a rookie, ok as a sophomore and then he just took off in his third season. But Alexander had bad years in college as well. He didn't even hit his stride until his junior season (his last season in college).

A small percentage of each of these grades was based on potential (explaining why George Hill and Kevin Love share the same grade even though Love is having a much better year statistically) but most of it is due to this season's performance. I see athletic potential in Alexander, but little potential outside of that. And his performance this season has been very bad. Which is why he got the F.

DerekRE_3
02-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Valid point about Martin's rookie season. He was awful as a rookie, ok as a sophomore and then he just took off in his third season. But Alexander had bad years in college as well. He didn't even hit his stride until his junior season (his last season in college).

A small percentage of each of these grades was based on potential (explaining why George Hill and Kevin Love share the same grade even though Love is having a much better year statistically) but most of it is due to this season's performance. I see athletic potential in Alexander, but little potential outside of that. And his performance this season has been very bad. Which is why he got the F.

Yeah don't get me wrong I agree with your grade of him this year, just saying he has time to turn it around.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah don't get me wrong I agree with your grade of him this year, just saying he has time to turn it around.

Cool. I'm in agreement with that. He has time. And, like KG likes to say, Anything is Possible!

Kyle916
02-25-2009, 06:54 AM

He rated on performance, not potential...

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 01:50 PM
He rated on performance, not potential...

Thanks Kyle.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 06:58 PM
In case any of you are wondering how the rookie grades stack up against the ESPN think tank, here is the recent rookie rankings column from David Thorpe.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?season=2009&playerRankingType=1&period=1&set=0&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayers%2frookies%2frankings%3fseason%3d2009%26 playerRankingType%3d1%26period%3d1%26set%3d0

He has Westbrook and Love higher than I do and Speights and Thompson a bit lower.

Derek, notice where he ranks Augustin. I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

DerekRE_3
02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
In case any of you are wondering how the rookie grades stack up against the ESPN think tank, here is the recent rookie rankings column from David Thorpe.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?season=2009&playerRankingType=1&period=1&set=0&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayers%2frookies%2frankings%3fseason%3d2009%26 playerRankingType%3d1%26period%3d1%26set%3d0

He has Westbrook and Love higher than I do and Speights and Thompson a bit lower.

Derek, notice where he ranks Augustin. I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

Haha touche. But if Augustin started like Westbrook and Chalmers do, he'd be a lot higher. And one more thing. This rookie class is proving to be a great (definitely deep) one, so being ranked 15th doesn't necessarily mean Augustin deserved the C grade you gave him.

Nets fan 93
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Brook deserves his own pic

Rique
02-25-2009, 07:34 PM

:speechless:

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Haha touche. But if Augustin started like Westbrook and Chalmers do, he'd be a lot higher. And one more thing. This rookie class is proving to be a great (definitely deep) one, so being ranked 15th doesn't necessarily mean Augustin deserved the C grade you gave him.

I'll give you that. It is a deep draft. But when you're slotted in just behind Mbah a Moute (like Augustin is) you're pretty much in C territory.

DerekRE_3
02-25-2009, 08:10 PM
I'll give you that. It is a deep draft. But when you're slotted in just behind Mbah a Moute (like Augustin is) you're pretty much in C territory.

Well I would disagree with that Moute being ahead of him. I think Augustin has performance has been on par with Jason Thompson's this year.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Well I would disagree with that Moute being ahead of him. I think Augustin has performance has been on par with Jason Thompson's this year.

The Mbah a Moute over Augustin pick is debatable, but I think that Thompson has been more of an inspiration this season than Augustin has. Thompson has a defined role and plays relatively consistently whereas Augustin is kind of all over the place.

Also I like Thompson a lot more from a physical standpoint. In terms of strength, size and speed he's right where you'd like a PF to be. The same can't be said for Augustin at his position.

DerekRE_3
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
The Mbah a Moute over Augustin pick is debatable, but I think that Thompson has been more of an inspiration this season than Augustin has. Thompson has a defined role and plays relatively consistently whereas Augustin is kind of all over the place.

Also I like Thompson a lot more from a physical standpoint. In terms of strength, size and speed he's right where you'd like a PF to be. The same can't be said for Augustin at his position.

I'd definitely agree that Thompson has the body of a prototypical power forward. He can run the floor, has great hands, can handle the ball, has a mid range game, and has shown flashes of quick post moves. He's going to be a very good and versatile player.

Augustin's physical attributes however, have nothing to do with his performance this season, if anything it makes what he has done look more impressive. Augustin has only started 9 games this season, but in those 9 games, he averaged 20 points and 6 assists. You can't fault Augustin for not having a defined role. Injuries and a short bench have been a big reason for that. Brown has been forced to to use Felton and Augustin in the backcourt, where on the offensive end Felton runs the show and Augustin is used more as a shooter. Then other times Augustin is running the point. He hasn't really had any consistency this year, but it's not all his fault.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd definitely agree that Thompson has the body of a prototypical power forward. He can run the floor, has great hands, can handle the ball, has a mid range game, and has shown flashes of quick post moves. He's going to be a very good and versatile player.

Augustin's physical attributes however, have nothing to do with his performance this season, if anything it makes what he has done look more impressive. Augustin has only started 9 games this season, but in those 9 games, he averaged 20 points and 6 assists. You can't fault Augustin for not having a defined role. Injuries and a short bench have been a big reason for that. Brown has been forced to to use Felton and Augustin in the backcourt, where on the offensive end Felton runs the show and Augustin is used more as a shooter. Then other times Augustin is running the point. He hasn't really had any consistency this year, but it's not all his fault.

It's not his fault. But it still "is". You know what I mean? I can't judge him on the assumption that he's a starter someday when he's not a starter right now.

Jonathan2323
02-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Mario Chalmers is the steal of the draft!

DerekRE_3
02-25-2009, 08:59 PM

Yep him and Moute are looking like the steals so far. There's probably someone else I'm missing. Batum was a pretty good pick later in the 1st round.

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 09:54 PM

Can't argue with you on that one. All of the teams that passed on him in the late first round are just shaking their heads in disgust right now.

oldenpolynice
02-26-2009, 03:11 AM
I've combined both parts of the rookie grades and blended them into the ultimate Midseason Rookie Report Card (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/midseason-rookie-report-card/). Makes it easier to read, I guess.

Bonus for Derek: I've upgraded D.J. Augustin from a C to a C+ in recognition of his outside shot (which is fantastic, much better than I thought).

DerekRE_3
02-26-2009, 03:56 AM
I've combined both parts of the rookie grades and blended them into the ultimate Midseason Rookie Report Card (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/midseason-rookie-report-card/). Makes it easier to read, I guess.

Bonus for Derek: I've upgraded D.J. Augustin from a C to a C+ in recognition of his outside shot (which is fantastic, much better than I thought).

Haha, glad you took what I said into consideration. I'm probably slightly biased about Augustin, but I think he's gonna be a really solid point guard.

oldenpolynice
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Chalmers and Wade make a crazy defensive backcourt. Between the two of them, there's an average of over 4 steals per game. That's almost double what the Kings (2.2 stl/game) get.

I like Beasley's play of late, too. The Heat had a very nice draft.

The Panch
03-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I didnt see big Roy Hibbert anywhere, hes been doin work in the paint about the last month or so.

oldenpolynice
03-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I didnt see big Roy Hibbert anywhere, hes been doin work in the paint about the last month or so.

I give Roy Hibbert a C-. He's always in foul trouble.

mrblisterdundee
03-03-2009, 02:57 AM
D.J. Augustin is the best rookie in that list. I've been trying to convince Blazer fans of the necessity of dumping young talent on Charlotte to make a run at Wallace and Augustin. We could only ever get one of them though.

oldenpolynice
03-03-2009, 04:36 AM
D.J. Augustin is the best rookie in that list. I've been trying to convince Blazer fans of the necessity of dumping young talent on Charlotte to make a run at Wallace and Augustin. We could only ever get one of them though.

I'm pretty sure Larry Brown likes both of those guys enough not to trade them. Then again, with Brown, you never know. He'd probably trade his own mother.