PDA

View Full Version : All Winners Team

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 12:28 AM
I was reading the thread on how Tim Duncan gets no respect, and i was thinking how he is the type of player who just plays and lets his play speak for himself. he is a player who says the right things in the media and does not draw any extra attention to himself.

If you had to pick a all winners team from all the major sports, of currently active players, who would be on it.

Tim Duncan: 4 championships, enough said before
Derek Jeter: 4 championships, captian, allstar and world series MVP, class act
Hines Ward:2 championships, hard nosed reciever who defends his team and does not talk but lets his play talk for him
Tiger Woods: greatest ever, no mention of roids, quiet personal life
Mario Chalmers: possible ROY, national champ, picked late but stepped his game up

lakers4sho
02-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Mario Chalmers? Come on now.

GSW fan
02-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Chalmers?

IRUAM #21
02-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Chalmers !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 12:39 AM
I see great potential in chalmers, and he fits the profile i am looking for this team. I would have left it ad four players but since i put in the basketball forum i wanted 5. Plus all winning teams need a rookie on it.

Does anyone else have ideas as to their team would be?

Kyle N.
02-24-2009, 12:41 AM
:laugh: Chalmers.

droalex
02-24-2009, 12:42 AM
lol mario chalmers.

IRUAM #21
02-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Chalmers ftw !!!!!!!!

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 12:44 AM
2007-08 national championship team, shooting the final shot of regulation to send the game against the Memphis Tigers into overtime, with Kansas eventually winning the game. Chalmers was named Big 12 All-Defensive First Team and All Big 12 Second Team. He was also named Most Outstanding Player of the 2008 NCAA Championship. where he beat D.ROSE

Looks to me like he is a winner, not to mention he is not in the spotlight as a Mayo or Beasley or Rose.

durtee
02-24-2009, 12:56 AM
:laugh: Every guy that you named is a 1st ballot HOFer and one of the best ever at what they do.....and then you name Chalmers. Also you already named a NBA player.

I would love to hear how he is a possible ROY.

I like Chalmers, but seriously dude lay off it.

kingkobe
02-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Guys guys go easy...

He didn't want to make a thread about Chalmers so he tried to bring him in this way.

Nice try Lindystud but you gotta do better than that.

BoltLakerPadre
Duncan has four? Pishhh, Horry has SEVEN!! Now there's a winner. Sure he wasn't the star who made it all happen, but you said all winners team, and few have won it like Mr. Big Shot.

Lindystud36
I wanted to pick someone on potential, my other Choice was Jeff Gordon
So switch Chalmers with Gordon

....and possible ROY of year when the heat come out on top in the east

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 01:02 AM
And thanks to BOLTLAKERPADRE we may now get a discussion finally, forgot all about big shot bob

Kyle N.
02-24-2009, 01:03 AM
2007-08 national championship team, shooting the final shot of regulation to send the game against the Memphis Tigers into overtime, with Kansas eventually winning the game. Chalmers was named Big 12 All-Defensive First Team and All Big 12 Second Team. He was also named Most Outstanding Player of the 2008 NCAA Championship. where he beat D.ROSE

Looks to me like he is a winner, not to mention he is not in the spotlight as a Mayo or Beasley or Rose.

No doubt he's a winner, I just don't think he's at the level of Duncan and Tiger. :shrug:

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 01:05 AM
No doubt he's a winner, I just don't think he's at the level of Duncan and Tiger. :shrug:

Your right, but at one time Jeter DUncan and Tiger were nobodies also

Anyway move this thread on, what other greats were winners who played their games on the field not off of it?

lorenz00
02-24-2009, 01:28 AM
wow lol mario chalmers? cant include him (Yet) lol

DrxDrO
02-24-2009, 01:38 AM
You had me until Chalmers :(

prash
02-24-2009, 02:17 AM
uh.. where's Roger Federer...his career has been just ever so slightly more impressive than Mario Chalmers.

Kyle N.
02-24-2009, 03:24 AM
How about Dan Gable as a wrestler and a coach? He's pretty much the god of wrestling.

64-0 in high school
118-1 in college, 2 NCAA titles
2 Olympic Gold Medals
Coached Iowa to 17 NCAA titles
And a **** load of other stuff I don't feel like listing

Korman12
02-24-2009, 03:59 AM
You have Chalmers above Bill Russell? Or are you only naming current athletes?

DerekRE_3
02-24-2009, 04:31 AM
I was reading the thread on how Tim Duncan gets no respect, and i was thinking how he is the type of player who just plays and lets his play speak for himself. he is a player who says the right things in the media and does not draw any extra attention to himself.

If you had to pick a all winners team from all the major sports, of currently active players, who would be on it.

Tim Duncan: 4 championships, enough said before
Derek Jeter: 4 championships, captian, allstar and world series MVP, class act
Hines Ward:2 championships, hard nosed reciever who defends his team and does not talk but lets his play talk for him
Tiger Woods: greatest ever, no mention of roids, quiet personal life
Mario Chalmers: possible ROY, national champ, picked late but stepped his game up

Rookie of the year? His name isn't Rose or Mayo so I doubt it. Yes, he won a national championship...so did Sean May.

Kyle916
02-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Robert Horry

James Posey

Nighthawk
02-24-2009, 05:08 AM
All winners team an No Bill Russell?? Russell should be there over Duncan. This man has 11 championship rings in 13 seasons played. Thats about as much winning as you can get. Bunch of MVP awards, many all star appearances, hell he even won as a player-coach. Any list about all time winners that doesnt have Russell on it is truly inaccurate.

oh yeah lol at Chalmers...

WatWoudJordanDo
02-24-2009, 05:51 AM

Anyway move this thread on, what other greats were winners who played their games on the field not off of it?

tiger was a nobody for all of 3 yrs b4 he started taking over the world of golf. this thread is ridiculous anyways. if we're talking active players only

NFL: Brady. how many rings in how many years? hines is awesome but he's got 2 rings and 1 was won for him by the other guy at his position
PGA: Tiger. Duh.
NBA: Timmah. The source of the thread is the best current example. although if we're talking all time prolly is only top 5
NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson. Jr has done ****, Gordon hasnt dominated in years, tony is too in your face for what you were asking.
MLB: Mariano Rivera. same team, different position. the guy is easily the best closer over the past decade, all thing considered. i'll take guaranteed HOF CP over All-Star SS.

and your statement of you needing someone young on a team of winners is stupid. that's like saying you need chalmers to be the point on a team consisting of MJ, Bird, Timmah, and Russell. no you still take Magic to be your PG.

hotdogbun
02-24-2009, 06:00 AM
I wanted to pick someone on potential, my other Choice was Jeff Gordon
So switch Chalmers with Gordon

....and possible ROY of year when the heat come out on top in the east

even if the heat the heat end the season on a 27 game win streak and end the season with a 56-26 record there is NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT CHALMERS WILL BECOME THE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. the guy didnt even make the rookie team

LakerzDQ
02-24-2009, 06:37 AM

we're talking about an all-winners team.

WINNERS. chalmers won in college. once. is that worthy?

LAcowBOMBER
02-24-2009, 07:28 AM
pg: Fisher
sg: Kobe
sf: Bowen
pf: Horry
c: Duncan

JJ81
02-24-2009, 07:28 AM
:speechless:

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I was just looking at active players

And Brady is a winner, but he is two flashy off the field to be on this team

Lindystud36
02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
How about Dan Gable as a wrestler and a coach? He's pretty much the god of wrestling.

64-0 in high school
118-1 in college, 2 NCAA titles
2 Olympic Gold Medals
Coached Iowa to 17 NCAA titles
And a **** load of other stuff I don't feel like listing

As a wrestler my self, on the active list i would have to put Cael Sanderson, but i doubt many of your average sports fan know who he is, undefeated in college

Sportfan
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Why not Brady instead of ward? And what about federer over chalmers?

zo#33
02-24-2009, 11:17 AM
If were talking all sports, Sir Alex Ferguson, Michael Scumacher, Ole Einar Bjørndalen, Bjørn Dæhlie, Michael Phelps.

But you americans have probably just heard of Phelps:smoking:

nd4T.O.
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
hahah chalmers...maybe a homer...id take dfish off and put Big Shot Horry on there

kingkobe
02-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I also like to :smoking:

Lindy man, pass on the goods or is too late now since you started this thread last night and you might be done by now?

Lindystud36
02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
still can post,

Looks like if i redid the thread id have to put phelps in for chalmers and that starting 5 is pretty good

As for brady over hines ward i wouldnt do it, brady is to much of a magazine cover boy.

anyone else have 5 guys they think are all current active winners who show class and arent huge media guys

Kyle N.
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
As a wrestler my self, on the active list i would have to put Cael Sanderson, but i doubt many of your average sports fan know who he is, undefeated in college

I've heard the name, couldn't pick him out of a crowd though.

Fireworld
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
:pity: PG FAIL

VCaintdead17
02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
no calmers wtf

alem0022
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
tiger was a nobody for all of 3 yrs b4 he started taking over the world of golf. this thread is ridiculous anyways. if we're talking active players only

NFL: Brady. how many rings in how many years? hines is awesome but he's got 2 rings and 1 was won for him by the other guy at his position
PGA: Tiger. Duh.
NBA: Timmah. The source of the thread is the best current example. although if we're talking all time prolly is only top 5
NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson. Jr has done ****, Gordon hasnt dominated in years, tony is too in your face for what you were asking.
MLB: Mariano Rivera. same team, different position. the guy is easily the best closer over the past decade, all thing considered. i'll take guaranteed HOF CP over All-Star SS.

and your statement of you needing someone young on a team of winners is stupid. that's like saying you need chalmers to be the point on a team consisting of MJ, Bird, Timmah, and Russell. no you still take Magic to be your PG.

I was about to say that I disagreed with Hines Ward for the NFL category until I read your post. I have to agree that there is no other active player in the NFL that I would want before Brady.

If we're talking all-time, then Russell has to be above Timmy (as much as I hate to admit), but I don't think I'd change any of the other ones...maybe Montana over Brady?

Lindystud36
02-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Montana is a good pick