PDA

View Full Version : Trade Bynum??

Hawkeye15
02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11708

Forget the proposed trade listed in the article, question is, do Laker fans, or anyone for that matter, think that a 21 year old kid, who has had 3 knee operations and is on the books for $10 million per next year, think trading him is the right option? He has very high trade value currently, and if he suffers another injury, it will drop, etc. Thoughts? And Laker fans, what would you expect to get for him?

Fury
02-23-2009, 08:36 PM
i agree trading him wud be a good move..hes hurt more than hes on the court..i knoe alot of laker fans wudnt wanna do this but i think if u can get sumthing real good in return its worth looking into

Testaverde16
02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
They wont trade him, they've stuck with him for so long now, they can't trade him.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Let em keep him. I wanna see their plan blow up in their face.

So much for the "next Shaq."

JJ81
02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Let em keep him. I wanna see they're plan blow up in their face.

"their" plan

Any way, he's improved every season he's played, he just picked up a couple of injuries... he's only 21, its not like its over for him :rolleyes:

Raps08-09 Champ
02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
"their" plan

Any way, he's improved every season he's played, he just picked up a couple of injuries... he's only 21, its not like its over for him :rolleyes:

i corrected it

Hawkeye15
02-23-2009, 08:56 PM
"their" plan

but the point is true, big men, who have injuries while young, tend to remain that way. I am looking for more than a yes/no. His trade value is super high, do Laker fans really think he will live up to what you expect of him? Many don't, including myself.

LakersKB24
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
He just had bad luck so far... Both injuries we're results of collisions with team mates... And you don't have to be injury prone to get hurt in those situations... Just give him some time, he is only 21

showtym24
02-23-2009, 08:59 PM
He hasnt had three knee operations, and hell no i wouldnt trade him he's the future. He's gonna be a Top 3 center for next 10 to 12 years.

nd4T.O.
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
no way we trade Bynum

IDB Josh M
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
So far, 10-1 without Bynum. Maybe we should trade him? haha ... jk Anyways, we already had Karl Malone blow up in our face. Remember that? Mailman busted his knee and we were useless?

*face palm*

Hawkeye15
02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
He hasnt had three knee operations, and hell no i wouldnt trade him he's the future. He's gonna be a Top 3 center for next 10 to 12 years.

has he had only 2 then? I was going off the article. I know he has had 2. And you're answer seals it for me on you're opinion

SouljahPhil...
02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
trade deadline is over..maybe if an interesting package arise in the offseason we can't think about it...

dre1990
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
their better off with Lamar then Bynum IMO

KG2TB
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
The Lakers have a very nice nucleus right now and actually play better without Bynum. I think it all depends on if they re-sign Odom in the off-season. If they do then I think you shop him around. If you can get a nice package for him I say you pull the trigger. He's a good player when healthy but considering the fact your team plays better without him and he's been injury prone at a young age I think any wise GM would at least test the waters and see what you can get for him. I think his trade value is pretty high and you can get a good package for him. I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2009, 09:05 PM
you can't trade an injured player, so this season is out regardless. The question remains, if you can stop responding on knee jerk reaction, is would you trade him this summer, knowing that he would command a high return, and the fact that yes, he is only 21, but he has had 2 knee operations now, regardless of whether or not they were freak accidents, he has still gone under the knife twice. And history shows, a big man who is injured early in his career a number of times, tends to stay that way. Now, he could never get hurt again, who knows. Are you willing to take that chance, when you could clean up by trading him?

x_notorious
02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Those injuries are more like freak accidents. In both instances, a teammate of his caused the injury, something he couldn't avoid.

The other thing is, before he went down this year and last, he was finally finding his groove. His touch looked crisp and rebounding also improved.

The last thing the Lakers should do is trade this guy unless someone ridiculously overpays, which I doubt. Centers are the hardest positions to come by and IMO, Bynum is a top 5 center in the league. And as evident from past Laker games without Bynum, their defense, especially in the paint, is not the same. Now, I know there isn't a stat that shows this but if there was, Bynum will be one of the top players in the league when it comes to altering shots. His length is very disruptive.

Considering his youth, potential, skill set on both ends and the overall rareness to find young centers, I would say no.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
3 Knee injuries already. There will surely be more.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
What holes would the Lakers need to fill? Who could give us something that fixes a weakness? Our weakness would be lack of a big 7 footer that is a very good one on one defender as well as help defender. Would we be getting something back that helps the Lakers more than Bynum? Doubt it.

GregOden#1
02-23-2009, 09:23 PM
has he had only 2 then? I was going off the article. I know he has had 2. And you're answer seals it for me on you're opinion

He's had 3 knee operations, just not on the same knee. And only 2 of them came while he was in the NBA IIRC.

GregOden#1
02-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Those injuries are more like freak accidents. In both instances, a teammate of his caused the injury, something he couldn't avoid.

The other thing is, before he went down this year and last, he was finally finding his groove. His touch looked crisp and rebounding also improved.

The last thing the Lakers should do is trade this guy unless someone ridiculously overpays, which I doubt. Centers are the hardest positions to come by and IMO, Bynum is a top 5 center in the league. And as evident from past Laker games without Bynum, their defense, especially in the paint, is not the same. Now, I know there isn't a stat that shows this but if there was, Bynum will be one of the top players in the league when it comes to altering shots. His length is very disruptive.

Considering his youth, potential, skill set on both ends and the overall rareness to find young centers, I would say no.

When Bynum has 3 knee injuries (2 on the same knee) they are called freak injuries. When Oden gets 3 different injuries on 3 different body parts he is called injury prone.

IversonIsKrazy
02-23-2009, 09:31 PM
bynum + luke for bosh, lol. no way bynum is going to get traded. im pretty sure hes going to be a life long laker,

x_notorious
02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
When Bynum has 3 knee injuries (2 on the same knee) they are called freak injuries. When Oden gets 3 different injuries on 3 different body parts he is called injury prone.

I haven't followed GO much, so you could fill in the blanks for me. How did he exactly get those 3 injuries? There is a huge difference between freak accidents and injury proned. Perfect example"

Shaun Livingston got into a freak accident.
Tracy McGrady is just injury proned.

Bynum's case is just unheard of. 2 straight years, against the same opponent, and it happened exactly when he started to find his groove. Unreal.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
He's had 3 knee operations, just not on the same knee. And only 2 of them came while he was in the NBA IIRC.

Uh no he didnt. He had one operation last year. And one in high school. No operation this year. That makes 2

Raps08-09 Champ
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Uh no he didnt. He had one operation last year. And one in high school. No operation this year. That makes 2

He's gonna get 1 this year i think.

Brooke
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM

I dont think so. Last I heard he wont need a operation for this injury

ARMIN12NBA
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
you can't trade an injured player, so this season is out regardless. The question remains, if you can stop responding on knee jerk reaction, is would you trade him this summer, knowing that he would command a high return, and the fact that yes, he is only 21, but he has had 2 knee operations now, regardless of whether or not they were freak accidents, he has still gone under the knife twice. And history shows, a big man who is injured early in his career a number of times, tends to stay that way. Now, he could never get hurt again, who knows. Are you willing to take that chance, when you could clean up by trading him?

Yes you can.

Kevj77
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
but the point is true, big men, who have injuries while young, tend to remain that way. I am looking for more than a yes/no. His trade value is super high, do Laker fans really think he will live up to what you expect of him? Many don't, including myself.Maybe, but the fact remains that the Lakers probably need him to get past the more physical eastern confernce teams. We know what happened in the finals last year Odom and Gasol got manhandled.

GregOden#1
I forget how he got his wrist injury, it was something in highschool he only got fixed in college or something. Anything that requires microfracture is a freak injury regardless of how it happens, but officially, he got off his couch and apparently tore his ACL.

He's had two minor injuries this year, one caused him to miss 2 weeks and the other he's going to have missed 3 games total. The first injury was caused on him landing awkwardly on Derek Fisher's foot in game 1, and the other was when Corey Maggette flopped into Oden's knee (which got a foul called on Oden, even though Maggette fell into him).

x_notorious

Says who?

Despite facing eight to 12 weeks of rehabilitation with a torn ligament in his right knee, Andrew Bynum sounded relieved on Monday. "It’s actually better news than I expected to hear," Bynum said. "They tell me I shouldn’t be out for the season." Phil Jackson even said the Lakers "have to be happy" with the diagnosis. This is probably just collective relief that surgery isn't necessary and Bynum should return for the playoffs -- as we noted earlier, the rosiest scenario has him playing in just eight regular season games.

-OC Register

GregOden#1
02-23-2009, 09:42 PM

I guess I'm just assuming the Lakers training staff (LOL at them still having jobs) will **** it up somehow and have Bynum require surgery.

Brooke
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Maybe, but the fact remains that the Lakers probably need him to get past the more physical eastern confernce teams. We know what happened in the finals last year Odom and Gasol got manhandled.

Yes and they both especially Odom have stepped up with no Bynum.

madiaz3
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Let em keep him. I wanna see their plan blow up in their face.

No one not even Lakers call him the next Shaq. You know you're just saying that to make the situation seem worse than it is.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
whatever, this thread went south. I was hoping for a second that most could put their bias aside, Laker fans or not laker fans, and think about the idea. He has been injured. He would get a huge return. I was only trying to put the idea out there. I guess the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA. You either despise them, or you love them. If you ask me, he is worth more in a trade than he is on the floor. My opinion.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I dont think the Lakers should be going out looking for offers. However i feel no-one is safe in the NBA. If the Lakers were called by a team and could get a deal that makes them a better team why wouldnt they? This league and business is all about winning. If you can make a trade and come away a better squad...you do it. However i dont see Bynum going anywhere.

BALLER71
02-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't think I'd even trade Beasley for him.

lakers4sho
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Centers are a rarity nowadays.

ARMIN12NBA
02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Truthfully, I would never trade Bynum. He has the potential to be the best center in the NBA. The dude was averaging 26/14/3 in the last 6 games before his injury and 21/9/2 in the last 12 games before his injury. All while playing great defense (All Jeff is a beast offensively, but is a horrible defender). Bynum is a student of the game and is an extremely hard worker. Not to mention a great locker room presence. No way would I ever trade any 21 year old with that type of potential unless the deal was a can't miss type of deal.

Lakers4ItAll
02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
he is the future for the Lakers theres no reason they will trade him anytime soon

JLynn943
02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
If I were the Lakers, I would listen to offers for him, and if a great offer comes around then I would do it. However, if I'm any other team, I wouldn't offer anything spectacular for him. He's way too much of a question mark for a team to commit to him to the level the Lakers would require.

So, good or bad, he'll remain with the Lakers.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I guess I'm just assuming the Lakers training staff (LOL at them still having jobs) will **** it up somehow and have Bynum require surgery.

As much as I hate to do it. I have to agree with you. I'm convinced the Lakers training staff is run by chimps. They made Chris Mihms' Luke Waltons' and Bynums' injury worse than they had to be. They always mess up the diagnoses. That is why Kobe was getting knee surgery in Colorado (yes that time) without even telling the Lakers anything was wrong. He did not trust their doctors.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Hell call Memphis..You could probably get Mayo, Gay, Gasol and Warrick for Bynum.

showtym24
02-23-2009, 10:39 PM

He had one when he was like 12 and last year.

showtym24
02-23-2009, 10:40 PM

Then your crazy.:smoking:

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
whatever, this thread went south. I was hoping for a second that most could put their bias aside, Laker fans or not laker fans, and think about the idea. He has been injured. He would get a huge return. I was only trying to put the idea out there. I guess the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA. You either despise them, or you love them. If you ask me, he is worth more in a trade than he is on the floor. My opinion.

Its not that we would not trade Bynum at all. We just know the Lakers would not be improving if they did trade Bynum. The team is already deep in talent and full of guys that need playing time. If they had tons of holes, I could see a trade happening. But they dont, so if they traded to get 2 or 3 good players, that creates an even bigger log jam of talent and guys not being happy with less minutes.

If they could get a younger and better defender at the point that fits in the offense, that would be great. And maybe a better starting small forward. But I dont see teams having that package to give away, or another gm willing to take the risk on Bynum.

BALLER R
02-23-2009, 10:44 PM
depends on what happens during the playoff..if he comes back healthy and lakers don't win the championship like im hoping they will..then i would trade him in the offseason..i mean this is 2 years in a row he's been out when it really matters

IDB Josh M
02-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Me thinks even if Bynum just camps out near the basket (out of the paint because of that three in the key rule), and is not the offensive force Kareem was, he'll have one heck of a career. all he has to do is gobble rebounds and block/alter shots.

toronto_JazzFan
02-23-2009, 10:49 PM
im not even a laker fan and ill tell you bynum is gonna stay in LA, that guy has mad talent they cant give up.

still1ballin
02-23-2009, 10:53 PM
He is staying.

IDB Josh M
02-23-2009, 10:54 PM
He is staying.

Of course YOU would say that! ~___^

PapelbonLester
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Its not that we would not trade Bynum at all. We just know the Lakers would not be improving if they did trade Bynum. The team is already deep in talent and full of guys that need playing time. If they had tons of holes, I could see a trade happening. But they dont, so if they traded to get 2 or 3 good players, that creates an even bigger log jam of talent and guys not being happy with less minutes.

If they could get a younger and better defender at the point that fits in the offense, that would be great. And maybe a better starting small forward. But I dont see teams having that package to give away, or another gm willing to take the risk on Bynum.

So felton and gwallace for bynum wouldnt make you happy? cuz that would fit mad nice just move gasol to the 5 with odom beastin it at pf

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
So felton and gwallace for bynum wouldnt make you happy? cuz that would fit mad nice just move gasol to the 5 with odom beastin it at pf

Not really. Felton shoots horribly. And in the triangle offense, the point guard needs to be able to spread the floor. He has shot 28% and 30% from behind the arc. He is not really an upgrade from Fish or Farmar defensively.

GWallace is a very nice player. A huge upgrade defensively from Walton. But he cant hit an outside shot to save his life either. He is a slasher. And when you have big men who clog up the paint and are responsible for getting points in the paint, you need to have guys that are at least a threat from the outside. Wallace would not have the driving room he has had before. Plus the Lakers already have a player in the mold of Wallace in Ariza, just for a lot less money.

Plus, everyone always says big men are more valuable than little men. And Bynum could be a top 5 big man in the game if he can play a whole season. It might be a big if, but its worth the risk. Its not like the Lakers cant win without him. He might be a luxury but if he pans out, he could be a very valuable for the future

kb24ap28
02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
i kno its been mentioned before but wut is with people calling bynum injury prone. the guy had his knee banged into twice. how is that injury prone, just accidents. hes 21, 21! look how good he is now. can u imagine him at 25, let alone in his prime around 28,29,30. give him a chance people. there is no way the lakers are trading him. its not happening.

sully7622
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
agree that trading him would just create even more of a log jam for minutes than there already is, personally i think bynum is gonna be a monster and i think ariza is a great 3, great defense and his shot is getting better... knicks once again let go of a good player haha and got nothing in return, bynum stays

still1ballin
02-23-2009, 11:12 PM
of course you would say that! ~___^

:)

kobe24>lebron23
02-23-2009, 11:19 PM

beasley sucks

akesh99
02-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Bynum + Sasha for M. Gasol + Gay?

Lakersfan2483
02-23-2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11708

Forget the proposed trade listed in the article, question is, do Laker fans, or anyone for that matter, think that a 21 year old kid, who has had 3 knee operations and is on the books for $10 million per next year, think trading him is the right option? He has very high trade value currently, and if he suffers another injury, it will drop, etc. Thoughts? And Laker fans, what would you expect to get for him?

I wouldn't trade Bynum and before he was injured he was playing great basketball. He's had some unfortunate "freak accidents" happen to him over the last 2 yrs, but I don't believe he's injury prone. A person like Tracy McGrady is more prone to injury.

*It's hard to find a seven foot center that plays with his back to the basket and has the potential to be the best center in the NBA. Before he was injured, he was putting up monster numbers and his overall impact was felt on both the offensive and defensive sides of the court. On top of all of that, Bynum has a good attitude and work ethic, he's also working with the best center of all time in Kareem. He has the potential to be a top big man for many yrs to come.

*A lot of people may not have seen just how good Bynum is, he has good footwork, a great touch down low and is a shot blocker. He's also developing his midrange jumper and hook shot. The sky is the limit for this young guy if he keeps working hard. He plays like a true big man is supposed to play.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Bynum + Sasha for M. Gasol + Gay?

Im not sure you know how it works. We give Memphis our trash, and they give us the all stars. Not the other way around

Lakersfan2483
02-23-2009, 11:33 PM

No way would I trade a seven foot center with talent for those two players. Bynum's only 21 and has the chance to be great.

SJSHARKIES
02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
No way you trade him, he has too much upside and is still very young. His injury now doesn't need surgery so it's not that bad. He shows greatness, it's unfortunate that he gets injured when he is developing into a star and tearing it up. I don't see it happening.

jgonboricua
02-24-2009, 02:37 AM
wonder if a deal with the bulls could work out...anything besides rose would be on the table including Thomas/deng/hinrich/noah...

agnine
02-24-2009, 03:01 AM

You're a little biased. Injury prone is when your body cant take the physical stress practice and games puts on it. Bynum had a freak injury last year and a rather common one this year. Before you start talking injury prone, look up how many games Shaq averaged in his prime. While dominant, he missed quite a few games.

pete_one
02-24-2009, 03:06 AM
bynum, the next jonathan bender. JK

Nighthawk
02-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Im not sure you know how it works. We give Memphis our trash, and they give us the all stars. Not the other way around

exactly...Gasol and Gay for Powell.

Thats what Memphis would like

Nighthawk
02-24-2009, 03:12 AM
bynum, the next jonathan bender. JK

Im not a BIG bynum fan or anything but thats a stretch

KeithLBC
02-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Hawkeye15: Would you trade Jefferson now that he's got a major injury?

Jefferson, the franchise player, tore the ACL in his right knee in the 101-97 loss. The pop in his knee was felt everywhere in Minnesota, since now the Wolves are in danger of being the Sacramento Kings of the late 90s.

When Chris Webber of the Kings heard the same pop in his knee, his career was admittedly over. That meant a rapid decline in his performance and the ability of the small-market franchise to make any moves in the free-agent market. The Kings are just about to turn a corner with youth and solid lottery picks almost 10 years later.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/121784-the-pop-heard-over-all-10000-lakes

Sometimes you just have to have faith in your young players and hope for the best.

JabberJaw
02-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Why would you trade him? I understand his value is high, but the Lakers still have arguably the best team in the league w/o him. He can take his time and mend. Most players have to rush back and end up reinjuring it. No reason to trade him. It also doesn't look like any of their key players are leaving anytime soon. You don't trade a player like that.

LakerzDQ
02-24-2009, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't mind trading him, but he plays the position that we need the most. We don't have a good defensive/strong center, and Bynum fits that bill. we don't need any more PFs, we got Pau and Odom. we got overload at SF, we got Kobe at SG, and the triangle doesn't need a real good PG. so our choices are limited if we trade Bynum.

hotdogbun
02-24-2009, 06:35 AM
He just had bad luck so far... Both injuries we're results of collisions with team mates... And you don't have to be injury prone to get hurt in those situations... Just give him some time, he is only 21

agree. guys like bill walton, sam bowie ,etc. are injured cuz of themselves. but bynum is always injured cuz of his teamates :p

Hawkeye15
02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
You're a little biased. Injury prone is when your body cant take the physical stress practice and games puts on it. Bynum had a freak injury last year and a rather common one this year. Before you start talking injury prone, look up how many games Shaq averaged in his prime. While dominant, he missed quite a few games.

when did I say Bynum is injury prone? I simply stated, that at 21, he has had 2 knee surgeries, and typically, big men who are hurt more than once at a young age tend to stay that way. He may never be hurt again, he may live on the injured list, I have no idea.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Hawkeye15: Would you trade Jefferson now that he's got a major injury?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/121784-the-pop-heard-over-all-10000-lakes

Sometimes you just have to have faith in your young players and hope for the best.

that was Al Jefferson's first injury, and a torn ACL, is easily repairable. Now, if he were to get hurt again next season, then yes, I would consider trading him. Many pro athletes come back stronger if they rehab and ACL injury right.

lakerboy
02-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Bynum is the future of the Lakers.

I don't really see the point of trading him. We are so good with him, and we are so good without him. If we trade him, I don't think we'll significantly be better,.. but we'd lose our future. I rather have Bynum :D

Wilson
02-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I think he's a perfect fit (playing the inside role, allowing Pau to move further away from the basket) for the Lakers, and young. His injuries are the result of collisions, so I'm not ready to call him injury prone yet. He's also proven that he can be a great presence on defense when he's out there, which is huge for us.

If we were to trade him, we'd need to get a real center in return (as in a physical presence under the basket, who plays defense and rebounds), so I don't know what trades would really be logical for the Lakers.

ddaughtry
02-24-2009, 02:49 PM
The idea of trading Bynum is absurd. He is young, 7 feet tall, and he can dominate on both sides of the ball. This last injury did not require surgery and he appeared to have recovered from the surgery he had last year. I don't even know about the injury in high school and I am sure it isn't affecting him now. His injuries were freak accidents that would have happened to anybody in those situations. The prognosis on this current injury has been good. Lakers fans relax. Bynum will be back. Lakers haters keep on hating. Bynum will be back.

IDB Josh M
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Bynum is young, and eager to learn. He has almost no ego, is humble, is a good kid and when push comes to shove, he's more than willing to cuss out his own teammates because of their crappy play. (Anyone remember when Bynum cussed out Sasha?) He's learning under Kareem, and learning alot, and willing to learn more. He works hard in the gym, he works hard to make himself better. You can't ask for anything more. He's young, and its good to have his injuries out of the way earlier in his career than later. When Karl Malone went down, he was out. Bynum is down, but we can absorb this better than absorbing Karl's injury.

For all those haters, wishing this to blow up in our face. Watch out, karma catches up. I may be secretly laughing at KG's injury, but know full well that there is an asterisk hovering around the laker's 2009 championship if KG doesn't play in the playoffs.

Gibby23
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM

He has had 2 operations and only 1 in the NBA. He didn't need a knee operation for his latest injury, and last year he had a scope done to clean out his knee.

Gibby23
02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
that was Al Jefferson's first injury, and a torn ACL, is easily repairable. Now, if he were to get hurt again next season, then yes, I would consider trading him. Many pro athletes come back stronger if they rehab and ACL injury right.

Bynums injury last year only required a scope and this year it is a partial MCL tear that doesn't require surgery, it is eaiser to come back from and rehab than a ACL injury.

BranWingss
02-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Bynum&1st Round Draft pick to Minnesota for Al Jefferson aha I wish but that would be sick

Hawkeye15
02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Bynum&1st Round Draft pick to Minnesota for Al Jefferson aha I wish but that would be sick

Minnesota says no thanks right now

Hawkeye15
02-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Bynums injury last year only required a scope and this year it is a partial MCL tear that doesn't require surgery, it is eaiser to come back from and rehab than a ACL injury.

no ****. That is why he may be back for playoffs. My brother has had 2 acl surgeries, and recovered 100% from each. It is not a big deal, just takes 6-8 months to get back to normal after surgery

Gibby23
02-24-2009, 03:32 PM
no ****. That is why he may be back for playoffs. My brother has had 2 acl surgeries, and recovered 100% from each. It is not a big deal, just takes 6-8 months to get back to normal after surgery

I assume your brother isn't in the NBA or 6'10'' 275lbs. It usually takes an athlete 1 year of playing to get back to where the were pre injury from ACL operations.

ragee
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I am not a Laker fan and I am in favor of them making stupid trades... However, trading Bynum will be one of the stupidest trade a team can make... It is hard to find a good center... Why would the Lakers give them up?

IDB Josh M
02-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I am not a Laker fan and I am in favor of them making stupid trades... However, trading Bynum will be one of the stupidest trade a team can make... It is hard to find a good center... Why would the Lakers give them up?

Its hard to find a natural center, let alone one that plays well. Most centers that play in the league right now are just big Power Forwards.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I assume your brother isn't in the NBA or 6'10'' 275lbs. It usually takes an athlete 1 year of playing to get back to where the were pre injury from ACL operations.

not quite that big no, 6'3", 200 when he was playing. I will agree with you on most, but Al Jefferson doesn't exactly make his career out of blinding speed and nasty dunks. He plays like he is recovering from acl surgery already. And it isn't worth debating, because some, like Dirk, heal much much faster than others. Everyone's body is different.

Gibby23
02-24-2009, 04:23 PM
not quite that big no, 6'3", 200 when he was playing. I will agree with you on most, but Al Jefferson doesn't exactly make his career out of blinding speed and nasty dunks. He plays like he is recovering from acl surgery already. And it isn't worth debating, because some, like Dirk, heal much much faster than others. Everyone's body is different.

Im just saying it usually takes about a year of playing to get back to where the player was at pre injury. Im sure he will recover and be the player he was, but it takes some time.

Jay22Redd
02-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Lakers would be crazy to trade a player that is being taught the game by the player with the most points ever scored in NBA history. Even though he's ben getting hurt lately, later on, when he stops getting hurt, he's going to something special.

epizo1
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Right now the Lakers are getting by on their great offense but we all know what happened to that offense last year in the Finals. Bynum is the anchor of that defense and I would suggest anyone look at the film of the Christmas game against the Celtics to realize Bynum's defensive impact.

Bynum scoring is a treat to watch but what the Lakers need of him is rebounding, blocking, altering shots. No way they trade him short of a Dwight Howard type deal and even then it wouldn't be a clear cut deal. Even Dwight struggles from the FT line and his outside shot is non existent. Both areas Bynum has the better of Dwight. (Not saying Bynum is better either, don't get it twisted =p)

In short, no trade, Lakers should and will take their chances because without Bynum the Lakers CAN win the Championship... with him they WILL.

zachattach
02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
He just had bad luck so far... Both injuries we're results of collisions with team mates... And you don't have to be injury prone to get hurt in those situations... Just give him some time, he is only 21 exactly this past injury would have happened to anyone who was standing there, youtube it and youll see that he was just looking to get the rebound and Kobe fell into his knee. Its not the same thing as just getting worn down from playing and having nagging injuries, it was a freak collison. i am a big Laker fan and there is no way i trade him.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Im just saying it usually takes about a year of playing to get back to where the player was at pre injury. Im sure he will recover and be the player he was, but it takes some time.

you could be right. And I didn't take it that you were saying he would never be the same guy. But, everyones body is different. It may be sooner, it may linger. Who knows. But, having an unathletic game helps. He doesn't rely on his athletic ability like many.

masalex1205
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Right now the Lakers are getting by on their great offense but we all know what happened to that offense last year in the Finals. Bynum is the anchor of that defense and I would suggest anyone look at the film of the Christmas game against the Celtics to realize Bynum's defensive impact.

Bynum scoring is a treat to watch but what the Lakers need of him is rebounding, blocking, altering shots. No way they trade him short of a Dwight Howard type deal and even then it wouldn't be a clear cut deal. Even Dwight struggles from the FT line and his outside shot is non existent. Both areas Bynum has the better of Dwight. (Not saying Bynum is better either, don't get it twisted =p)

In short, no trade, Lakers should and will take their chances because without Bynum the Lakers CAN win the Championship... with him they WILL.

wow, don't know about all that, dwight howard is miles ahead of andrew bynum

Steely McBeam
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
why trade him? you guys imo are still the best team in the nba without him and with him i think just gives the lakers another dimension. There is no ceiling to his potential and no one is going to give equal value

Vidball
02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
The Lakers F.O. is so high on Bynum--there are probably less than 5 players in the league they would trade him for. I'm DEFINITELY NOT saying he's a top 5 talent right now--just saying there are only a couple guys in the league the Lakers would trade him for.

ARMIN12NBA
02-24-2009, 07:09 PM
The Lakers F.O. is so high on Bynum--there are probably less than 5 players in the league they would trade him for. I'm DEFINITELY NOT saying he's a top 5 talent right now--just saying there are only a couple guys in the league the Lakers would trade him for.

Very true. Even when Jermaine O'neal was playing fantastic basketball and was relatively healthy, the Lakers did not want to part with Bynum (who had shown nothing up to that point unlike now) to acquire J.O. I highly doubt there are very many players they would trade Bynum for at this point as well.

epizo1
02-24-2009, 07:10 PM
wow, don't know about all that, dwight howard is miles ahead of andrew bynum

Now speaking hypothetically, of course, if that trade were offered to the Lakers they'd do it. My only hesitation is if the team would mesh well as far as egos are concerned. Howard is already a superstar. That being said, I would take my chances with Howard :)

But back to reality, Bynum should stay in a Laker uniform.

G-Funk
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
What the Lakers need is him. that simple!

Skin&Bones
02-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Centers are just rarities nowadays, especially the one with really good skill sets and talent. Contenders play their PF's at the center position, because its mostly the blackhole on so many teams in the league. That reason alone tells you why we can't trade our center.

Bynum is one hell of an asset for a team.