PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Bobcats?

Chateamsfan
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Im so freaking frustrated with the Bobcats! What is there problem?:mad:

DerekRE_3
02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
They are playing quality teams on the road. The Magic are one of the best teams in the NBA, and the Rockets have been playing a lot better lately.

Spurred1
02-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Houston got a gift when McGrady had to miss the rest of the season. I don't mean that in any negative way, it's just his constantly changing playing status created problems. Of course, they are all generally healthy for now.
As for the Bobcats, well, isn't Wallace still recovering from that Bynum "love tap"? Takes time to get back from that, I assume. By the way, how's Diop working out there?

DerekRE_3
02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Houston got a gift when McGrady had to miss the rest of the season. I don't mean that in any negative way, it's just his constantly changing playing status created problems. Of course, they are all generally healthy for now.
As for the Bobcats, well, isn't Wallace still recovering from that Bynum "love tap"? Takes time to get back from that, I assume. By the way, how's Diop working out there?

You are definitely right about the T-Mac thing. Now the Rockets can focus their gameplan only one how to play without T-Mac, instead of switching back and forth.

And Wallace is pretty much back to normal. He's diving after balls, taking the ball hard to the basket, taking it coast to coast for dunks and layups. etc. He may still be getting his wind back a bit though. His shot has also been off. I know shooting isn't his strong suit, but even for him his shot doesn't look good.

The last two games though, Wallace has had the **** hacked out of him and they haven't really been giving him the calls.

Diop...is Diop. He's big, very unskilled offensively, but he's another big body we have to throw around and he can take fouls that we don't want Okafor to get. He's rebounding the ball pretty well on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

Thorough-Eye
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Im so freaking frustrated with the Bobcats! What is there problem?:mad:

My fellow fan, the answer is very simple. The Bobcats are built against the natural curve of the way a winner is made. I'll try not to be long-winded, but let's use a little logic. I'm sure you know the rules of basketball, but a simple example lies in this point; it is easier to make a 5 foot basket than a 10 foot basket. Hence field goal percentage around the rim is higher than that of 3 pointers. I said all that to say, that until we get a solid 20 point threat in the paint, we will be nothing. Unfortunately we made two mistakes, drafting Okafor could have happened to anybody. He's not the most terrible player in the world, but he's definitely the most overrated. We dug our own grave when we signed him to 70+million. His only production is in the area of rebounds, and occasional blocks. While these stats are valuable, a keen eye will notice how "un-physical" he is. How his turnovers are costly, how he can't put the ball on the floor like Garnett, Bosh, O'Neal, Boozer, Jamison, Lewis, Brand, or 15 other forwards I could name. He never steps up with a clutch point, rebound, or hustle play. Gerald Wallace would have been in multiple All-Star games already, but every time he gets hot, the opposing big man (Bynum, most recently) gives him a good thrashing, and Okafor does NOTHING to check them, N-O-T-H-I-N-G. On top of all that, Raymond Felton would average 3 or 4 more assist per game, if Okafor would make the easy baskets, but he doesn't, and everybody blames Raymond. I want nothing more than for the Bobcats to be a legitimate contender, but until he gets much, much better, or a superstar emerges via the draft. Good luck to us. I know this seems like I'm bashing, but I've been at every home game, and that's my take. Feel free to quote and hate on what you disagree with, I await with plenty of proof.

homestarunner93
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Okafor wasn't a mistake, he's a solid double double guy. I know you disagree with that, but the facts are the facts.

Chateamsfan
02-26-2009, 11:25 PM
My fellow fan, the answer is very simple. The Bobcats are built against the natural curve of the way a winner is made. I'll try not to be long-winded, but let's use a little logic. I'm sure you know the rules of basketball, but a simple example lies in this point; it is easier to make a 5 foot basket than a 10 foot basket. Hence field goal percentage around the rim is higher than that of 3 pointers. I said all that to say, that until we get a solid 20 point threat in the paint, we will be nothing. Unfortunately we made two mistakes, drafting Okafor could have happened to anybody. He's not the most terrible player in the world, but he's definitely the most overrated. We dug our own grave when we signed him to 70+million. His only production is in the area of rebounds, and occasional blocks. While these stats are valuable, a keen eye will notice how "un-physical" he is. How his turnovers are costly, how he can't put the ball on the floor like Garnett, Bosh, O'Neal, Boozer, Jamison, Lewis, Brand, or 15 other forwards I could name. He never steps up with a clutch point, rebound, or hustle play. Gerald Wallace would have been in multiple All-Star games already, but every time he gets hot, the opposing big man (Bynum, most recently) gives him a good thrashing, and Okafor does NOTHING to check them, N-O-T-H-I-N-G. On top of all that, Raymond Felton would average 3 or 4 more assist per game, if Okafor would make the easy baskets, but he doesn't, and everybody blames Raymond. I want nothing more than for the Bobcats to be a legitimate contender, but until he gets much, much better, or a superstar emerges via the draft. Good luck to us. I know this seems like I'm bashing, but I've been at every home game, and that's my take. Feel free to quote and hate on what you disagree with, I await with plenty of proof.

thanks for the explanation. where do you usually sit at the home games?

Thorough-Eye
02-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Okafor wasn't a mistake, he's a solid double double guy. I know you disagree with that, but the facts are the facts.

thanks for the explanation. where do you usually sit at the home games?

Fellas,
I'm usually at the bottom of section 109, if either of you want to meet me at a game, where I can show you exactly what I'm talking about, shoot me your email.
Homestarunner93, what exactly is the value of a double-double guy? Think about what your settling for. He averages 13 & 10, and while he's had better averages earlier in his career, his potential has not been realized whatsoever. He barely manages his current stats, so lets take a look at his game. He plays as much for the double double as the win. I cannot tell you how many times Emeka has had something like 6 or 8 points late in the game, and after a team has put us away, he'll chip in some easy baskets. Nobody fears him. Those are the facts. We're lucky to have Larry Brown, and our success is soley because the players that are left and the players he's brought in have made the team competitive. Boris Diaw has half the commercial acclaim as Okafor, but his game is much more fluid and complete. He runs the floor well, and is PHYSICAL. Emeka should be a monster, but he's not. No one feels worse than me, because his practice habits are supposedly what champs are made of. He's a great role model. If you were 6' 10", 270+ of athletic braun, you'd be able to pull off some rebounds, put-backs, a couple of dunks etc.., but while he's got the body of Optimus Prime, he needs a heart to match. Conversely Dwight Howard has the Body of Megatron, with the heart to match.

homestarunner93
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Fellas,
I'm usually at the bottom of section 109, if either of you want to meet me at a game, where I can show you exactly what I'm talking about, shoot me your email.
Homestarunner93, what exactly is the value of a double-double guy? Think about what your settling for. He averages 13 & 10, and while he's had better averages earlier in his career, his potential has not been realized whatsoever. He barely manages his current stats, so lets take a look at his game. He plays as much for the double double as the win. I cannot tell you how many times Emeka has had something like 6 or 8 points late in the game, and after a team has put us away, he'll chip in some easy baskets. Nobody fears him. Those are the facts. We're lucky to have Larry Brown, and our success is soley because the players that are left and the players he's brought in have made the team competitive. Boris Diaw has half the commercial acclaim as Okafor, but his game is much more fluid and complete. He runs the floor well, and is PHYSICAL. Emeka should be a monster, but he's not. No one feels worse than me, because his practice habits are supposedly what champs are made of. He's a great role model. If you were 6' 10", 270+ of athletic braun, you'd be able to pull off some rebounds, put-backs, a couple of dunks etc.., but while he's got the body of Optimus Prime, he needs a heart to match. Conversely Dwight Howard has the Body of Megatron, with the heart to match.

I would agree with you that Boris Diaw is a better athlete, but Okafor is a good defensive player. Keep in mind he plays a lot of the frontcourt defense alone, as we have no good, true centers on our roster.

Thorough-Eye
02-28-2009, 02:53 AM
I would agree with you that Boris Diaw is a better athlete, but Okafor is a good defensive player. Keep in mind he plays a lot of the frontcourt defense alone, as we have no good, true centers on our roster.

Frontcourt defense, hmmm? You're giving him way too much credit. He's a good shot blocker, and decent rebounder. That's it. To be a good defensive player he's got to show some hustle, the ability to move and strategically plant his hips, etc... Not only that, but he's totally ineffective around the perimeter. Guys make him look like he's wearing cement shoes when he's more than 10 feet from the basket. Doesn't happen with Diaw. Have you seen him make anybody fight for position in the post? Hustle down court and throw his hips on somebody? Take up for a teammate? You're defending a bum, the antagonist cartoon Disney prince with the big shoulders and chest, but hollow... Know what I mean? Or are you still looking for positives in his game. I could say alot more, but I'll reserve myself. If he's a beast, the positives JUMP out at you. Let me know if you need help dissecting any other players game. I'd hate for your fanhood to take a blow to some chump somewhere, someday; so don't forget, there's help out here. Lemme know when you need me to lend a thorough eye...

homestarunner93
02-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Frontcourt defense, hmmm? You're giving him way too much credit. He's a good shot blocker, and decent rebounder. That's it. To be a good defensive player he's got to show some hustle, the ability to move and strategically plant his hips, etc... Not only that, but he's totally ineffective around the perimeter. Guys make him look like he's wearing cement shoes when he's more than 10 feet from the basket. Doesn't happen with Diaw. Have you seen him make anybody fight for position in the post? Hustle down court and throw his hips on somebody? Take up for a teammate? You're defending a bum, the antagonist cartoon Disney prince with the big shoulders and chest, but hollow... Know what I mean? Or are you still looking for positives in his game. I could say alot more, but I'll reserve myself. If he's a beast, the positives JUMP out at you. Let me know if you need help dissecting any other players game. I'd hate for your fanhood to take a blow to some chump somewhere, someday; so don't forget, there's help out here. Lemme know when you need me to lend a thorough eye...

Alright, first off, you need to stop with the 'take up for a teammate stuff'. Not everyone is a ****ing thug like Rasheed Wallace. If he were someone that was going to start a fight, he wouldn't be on the Bobcats. That's not how organizations in the Charlotte work, both the Panthers and Bobcats. Fighting people has nothing to do with how good of a defensive player he is. I think you're upset with Okafor because he's not Dwight Howard, to put it simply. He is what he is, a good defender who at times is a dominant shot blocker and a good but streaky offensive player. I'm not going to argue that he's bad on the perimeter, but you don't see Yao running out to the three point line much either.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Bobcats unfortunately lack that dominant player. Sure team basketball is great, but it has to have a focal point. Bobcats would have a good supporting cast if they managed to get a dominant/star player. But obviously that doesn't just happen over night.

DerekRE_3
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Bobcats unfortunately lack that dominant player. Sure team basketball is great, but it has to have a focal point. Bobcats would have a good supporting cast if they managed to get a dominant/star player. But obviously that doesn't just happen over night.

It's pretty tough to find a guy like that. We tried to get that go to guy that can take over the 4th quarter in Jason Richardson, but that didn't pan out. Larry Brown was able to win a title in Detroit with team basketball, so we'll see what happens.