PDA

View Full Version : Steve Blake- 14 Assists in the 1st quarter last night

ProdigyI
02-23-2009, 11:37 AM
:clap:

Truely remarkable

Here's something to think about....which feat is harder to get?

Kobe's 81 or Steve Blake's 14 assists in one quarter?

69centers
02-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Yah, but only 3 the rest of the game. You can't compare points throughout the game to assists in one quarter. It would be harder to get 56 assists in a game than 81 points, I think. 56 would be 14 x 4 quarters.

shen
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
hmm with scoring you do it and considering he had no one else on the team worth mentioning at the time he had to do the scoring. Then you have the assists were it is not in your hands it is up to who ever you pass it to and they have to make the shot for you to get the stat. yeah 81 is second most in NBA history. then we have the new league record of assists in a quarter. I think it comes down to 2 things 1)who did Kobe have on his team 2)who did Blake trust with the ball. they were both very impressive in there own right but if I had to pick one I would say the assists cause he did it in 1 quarter and Kobe was the only scorer and had to do everything, s well as the fact that alot of pg's never even get 14 assists in a game and he did it in 1 quarter. Let it be said I hate to choose but if I had to pick one I wanted on me team I would say the assists cause if he is getting those assists then they are scoring anyways and it tells me there is good movement.

tkshy
02-23-2009, 11:54 AM
81 points in a game is tougher. How many times do we see a guy have a big quarter or half and then nothing the rest of the game. They have a 20pt quarter and end the game with 24. That's what makes it tough, doing it over a whole game. Don't get me wrong 14ast in one quarter is impressive.

NYKnickFanatic
02-23-2009, 11:58 AM
And then only 3 more the rest of the game. Lol. Wish he coulda had over 20.

BigEric
02-23-2009, 12:15 PM
That is pretty damn good. Wish he could have had more throughout.

shen
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Well he sat out the entire second quarter and only played 13 minutes after the 1st quarter.

mrblisterdundee
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Scoring 81 points on your own is definitely more impressive than dishing out 14 assists to any number of other players, but Steve Blakes assists created more points per minute than Kobe's scoring binge.

cf267872
02-23-2009, 12:28 PM
The Blazers played the Clippers, I'm a Suns fan, and we just dropped 282 points on them on back to back games. Nothing special, but he did have a couple nice passes.

JJ81
02-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Impressive, he beat the previous record of 11?

81 points would be so much harder though... come on.

blujaysrock
02-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Not bad too bad he couldn't keep it up the whole game though

bal_ravens
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Kobe's will be remembered longer, but Steve Blakes is harder. He was doing some great passes and it required others to shoot.

nd4T.O.
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
i like Steve Blake i mean he is a former Terp...14 is impressive but no where near 81 points

ProdigyI
02-23-2009, 01:00 PM
But also think about this.

Kobe took 46 shots that game.

Lets say Lebron or Wade were told before the game that they could take 46 shots. If they could take those ammount of shots against a horrible defense like Toronto was at the time, I wouldn't be surprised if they got 81 or very close to it.

14 assists in one quarter is just ridiculous because your temmates have to hit basically every one of their shots and also excluding the times where a player tries to take a defender 1 on 1 or another player gets the assist.

keithm320
02-23-2009, 01:13 PM
A couple of those assists calls we're a bit generous..... But 11-12 assists in a quarter is nice, 81 points in a game is ridiculous.... I'm more impressed with Kobes 81 then Wilts 100... given the manner in which both were accertained

Kyle N.
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Kobe's is way harder. He had to be consistant the entire game. Blake just gave the ball to guys who would hit shots and only for one quarter. It's still a great feat, but come on.

ProdigyI
02-23-2009, 01:24 PM
14 assists in one quarter.....

There are so many factors that you have to consider.

1.) Players actually making their shots
2.) Players going 1 on 1 on a defender which voids any assists
3.) Other players getting the assists themselves
4.) You, yourself taking shots.

To Score 81, im telling you guys......If Lebron decided to be a ball hog and take over the game himself and shoot 46 shots....not counting fouls....against a bad defense....he might get 100.

Its not that 81 is harder to get....team play basically prevents you from doing it.

You give me a week full of games of Superstars taking 46 shots.....chances are high ones going to get 81

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Kobe's is way harder. He had to be consistant the entire game. Blake just gave the ball to guys who would hit shots and only for one quarter. It's still a great feat, but come on.

uuuurrrghhhh...I hate how all these threads always end up being about Kobe. This thread isn't about Kobe.

It's about Steve Blake being on pace to get even with Scott Skiles' 30 assists...at least before the 1st quater ended lol.

People should shut up about Kobe. He dominates almost every thread that gives props to ANOTHER player

Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake

Are you people HAPPY NOW!?? HUH?!

Good now give me some f-ing PROZAC :bang:

Sorry about this outburst people...something had to give.

WSU Tony
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Flash in a pan, nothing more.

theuuord
02-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Scoring 81 points in a game is way harder than dishing 14 assists in a quarter, lol.

The better question is, what is harder: 20 points in a quarter, or 14 assists?

I would say 14 assists. But to sustain that production over the course of an entire game is what makes that remarkable. Blake didn't (for whatever reason). Kobe did.

Kyle N.
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
uuuurrrghhhh...I hate how all these threads always end up being about Kobe. This thread isn't about Kobe.

It's about Steve Blake being on pace to get even with Scott Skiles' 30 assists...at least before the 1st quater ended lol.

People should shut up about Kobe. He dominates almost every thread that gives props to ANOTHER player

Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake
Kobe>Steve Blake

Are you people HAPPY NOW!?? HUH?!

Good now give me some f-ing PROZAC :bang:

Sorry about this outburst people...something had to give.

I HATE KOBE MORE THAN ANYBODY ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It asked which performance was better and I gave my opinion.

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM

LOl sorry...I know I quoted you but I wasn't mending my frustration at you personally...

I'm just frustrated that people have to involve Kobe in every damn thread everytime.

still1ballin
02-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Funny how it turns into a Kobe thread when it clearly states "Steve Blake" I guess Kobe is just that damn good!

shen
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Alright Blake did not play in the second quarter and it was no fluke he got 17 assists total he has gotten double digit assists several times and his personal best is 18. Oh yeah he only played a total 25minutes in that game that is 2 quarters and 1 minute. If they did not want to give bayless and Sergio some time (due to the fact we were in no danger of loosing) he would have played 30-35 and would have gotten 22-26 assists. It is harder to do what Blake did as like has been stated before he has to rely on other people to get the field goal, and I would like to know how many times Kobe went to the line in that game, as if he even made 10 free throws combine with his 46 shots he should have had around 90. I mean Kobe did something great but that is cause he had to, if you subtract him from that game I mean pretend he never played in it the Lakers would have gotten like 40 points cause they sucked.

VCaintdead17
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Steve Blake is a beast.

I may just be saying that because he is my starting point guard on my Mock NBA team, but watever haha

Yogi
02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Steve Blake is a baller.

chicagowhitesox
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
lol guys like steve blake and scott skiles have the assist records. that's kinda funny.

raidernation55
02-23-2009, 08:31 PM

Kobe>Sac Queens

Kakaroach
02-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Dang that has to be close or maybe even an NBA record doesn't it? That's pretty impressive for a guy who the Blazers were trying to replace before the trade deadline.

Kyle N.
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Kobe>Sac Queens

Congratulations.

GregOden#1
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Steve Blake is 3 years younger, he will end up better than Kobe on the all-time list, Kobe sucks.

Steve Blake >>> Kobe Bryant

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Steve Blake is 3 years younger, he will end up better than Kobe on the all-time list, Kobe sucks.

Steve Blake >>> Kobe Bryant

I salute you while this topic sinks with man and mouse.

madiaz3
02-23-2009, 09:46 PM
But also think about this.

Kobe took 46 shots that game.

Lets say Lebron or Wade were told before the game that they could take 46 shots. If they could take those ammount of shots against a horrible defense like Toronto was at the time, I wouldn't be surprised if they got 81 or very close to it.

14 assists in one quarter is just ridiculous because your temmates have to hit basically every one of their shots and also excluding the times where a player tries to take a defender 1 on 1 or another player gets the assist.

Do you think Kobe would have taken that many shots if he wasn't shooting 61%?

GregOden#1
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Do you think Kobe would have taken that many shots if he wasn't shooting 61%?

How would he be shooting 61% if he didn't take those shots?

Steve Blake didn't have to take a single shot to get his 14 assists.

Blake >> Kobe

_Sn1P3r_
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
This thread is for Steve Blake. So on that note, congrats to him on the amazing feat and kudos to his teammates for finishing it.

ElMarroAfamado
02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
doing anything against the Clippers this season shouldnt even be acknowledged

Kyle N.
LOl sorry...I know I quoted you but I wasn't mending my frustration at you personally...

I'm just frustrated that people have to involve Kobe in every damn thread everytime.

Don't worry, I am too.

ElMarroAfamado
How would he be shooting 61% if he didn't take those shots?

Steve Blake didn't have to take a single shot to get his 14 assists.

Blake >> Kobe

you must be 10

Kyle N.
doing anything against the Clippers this season shouldnt even be acknowledged

Unless the Kings beat them.